Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E06: Week 6

DEL901
  • Start Topic

Haven't read any of the comments because I'm still watching the episode, but I think Zach is wrong with the Jess situation. He tries to play into the whole notion that this isn't a competition, this isn't a tv show... but it is. Getting a one-on-one date is the only way to spend real time together and get to know each other. Five minutes at a cocktail party here and there isn't going to get him on one knee at the end. Yes, he only gets a certain amount of dates he can go on so it's not his fault that he can't get to all of the women before the hometowns. But she's right in feeling that if he hasn't made her a priority at this point to take her on a date, then how into her can he be? I like Zach, but I think he needs to cut the act with the whole " this isn't a tv show." This is real life. Because it's not. 

• Like 4

With Jess and Greer and Brianna and maybe there were others who dared mention wanting a 1:1 and got reprimanded for it—I think mornin Bailen was another… Zach has an odd misinterpretation that the woman only wants the fairytale date. He isn’t understanding that their focus is on spending time with him. It’s perfectly reasonable to feel insecure that you’ve had 12 fewer uninterrupted hours to build that connection that he’s had with others. Every freakin time he says, you have nothing to worry about, I value our connection—and then on the turn of a dime says actually now that you’re questioning my feelings it’s made me decide not to have feelings for you. So, they were right—but instead he blames the woman that he has no idea what transpired! This gives new context to what happened with Rachel that Zach said she was a “different person” for asking about his feelings in the fantasy suite! Yeah, Rachel seemed pretty emotionally needy so it was easy for us all to assume she likely did do something red flaggish in the FS. But now we’re seeing this pattern week after week with Zach. What seemed like a genuinely decent dude at first is showing that “nice guy” (who is actually manipulative and controlling) demeanor. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Zach has an odd misinterpretation that the woman only wants the fairytale date.

Thank you for writing that. I honestly had no idea why he was so offended by their desire, since it's so fricken obvious why the women would want some extended quality time with him. This way of seeing it at least explains (but doesn't excuse) his reaction. It's still ridiculously stupid on his part.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Also, watching previews for next week and here is Zach checking off another box by saying the right thing (in the fantasy sweets, there will be no sex.) Why can't he just say that and follow through with that with the ladies in private? I think Zach is a good bachelor because he always knows just the right thing to say. He has boxes and checks them off. I truly believe he read a book on how to be the perfect bachelor before the show. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing because previous bachelors have been so classless so it's a nice change but do I think he's being his real self? No.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Thank you for writing that. I honestly had no idea why he was so offended by their desire, since it's so fricken obvious why the women would want some extended quality time with him. This way of seeing it at least explains (but doesn't excuse) his reaction. It's still ridiculously stupid on his part.

I have no clue whether that’s what he’s actually thinking because he’s not expressing why he’s so upset that the women are asking about a 1:1. But trying to look at it from his perspective that’s the only feasible explanation that I can come up with on why he seems so put out by it. I guess another reason could be because this is his journey to find a wife so the feelings and expectations of anyone who isn’t ultimately going to be his wife are inconsequential to him. Evidence to this point is his being so angry that Greer dare compare missing a work milestone because of COVID to that of his missing out on two dates in his quest to find a wife! Like, okay, bro. We get that you have seemingly identified your contenders as evidenced by the full sentences he spoke on each one with Kaity, Kat, Gabi, Charity, and Ariel getting these effusive declarations of being perfect and intriguing and giving you butterflies—and that Jess and Aly…are also women who are still here. If you are a woman who is still there beyond the 5 who matter, just shut up and enjoy your free vacation. I almost guarantee that when Greer gets out of quarantine he’s going to be put out that why are you still here. She better not speak up about wanting to make up for lost time!

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I have no clue whether that’s what he’s actually thinking because he’s not expressing why he’s so upset that the women are asking about a 1:1. But trying to look at it from his perspective that’s the only feasible explanation that I can come up with on why he seems so put out by it. I guess another reason could be because this is his journey to find a wife so the feelings and expectations of anyone who isn’t ultimately going to be his wife are inconsequential to him. Evidence to this point is his being so angry that Greer dare compare missing a work milestone because of COVID to that of his missing out on two dates in his quest to find a wife! Like, okay, bro. We get that you have seemingly identified your contenders as evidenced by the full sentences he spoke on each one with Kaity, Kat, Gabi, Charity, and Ariel getting these effusive declarations of being perfect and intriguing and giving you butterflies—and that Jess and Aly…are also women who are still here. If you are a woman who is still there beyond the 5 who matter, just shut up and enjoy your free vacation. I almost guarantee that when Greer gets out of quarantine he’s going to be put out that why are you still here. She better not speak up about wanting to make up for lost time!

I think part of the disconnect here is that the producers choose who goes on the one-on-ones (or at least past leads have said that was true on their seasons). Zach tells them who his favorites are, but he does not get to choose each one-on-one recipient. I think that may have been part of his frustration, trying to reassure Jess without being able to tell her on camera that it's not fully up to him.

I think Jess would have gotten a rose this week had she not forced the issue - he seemed to like her much more than Aly, Greer or even Brooklyn. But I don't think she was one of his final girls so when she pressed him he just sent her home early. Also, the conversation, like the one with Greer last week, was very weirdly edited. It cut from Jess crying, to her with totally dry eyes and perfect makeup, and then back to her crying again. I suspect there was a lot of time between him saying he was confident in their connection to sending her home, but we saw about three minutes of it. The editing on this show is awful, IMO. 

I think Jess is adorable, but she did seem very young to me. I think she's 22-23 but she almost came off even younger, like 18-19. In the credits scene when they were shouting someone/something they love (dogs, parents, etc.), she yelled "I love Taylor Swift!" and that seemed spot on to me based on what we'd seen of her this season 😂

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

My turn to state the obvs.  As if there weren’t,like, sufficient, like, evidence elsewhere of the unfortunate, like, state of American education, once again, the endless,like, use of “like’” as a filler is such a turn-off.  Christi, the emotionally overwrought, like,  child therapist (?), was liking away in her, like, tale of woe and infected Zach, who’d actually been quite articulate, like, heretofore.  Later, like, the rest of the, like, crew chimed, like, in.  Ugh. Most of these contestants have college degrees and appropriate jobs - how the hell do they communicate with their colleagues, supervisors, and clients?  It’s so hard, like, to listen to!

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 5

Someone on the Bachelor subreddit typed up this transcript of their conversation and I think you can see a) how badly chopped/edited it is and b) how it makes more sense if you know that the producers pick who gets a one-on-one date. I feel like he's almost trying to tell her she's getting one next week or something. Also, the number of "likes" here makes my brain and soul hurt.

Zach (leading in from small talk at the beginning): it’s like, really, like, almost… I don’t want to say night one nerves for me?

Jess: yeah, it was a lot (they were talking about the witch date being out of her comfort zone right before this, so if they didn’t edit too much, she’s probably still referring to that)

Zach: But after having a week to not see really everyone and have moments, I don’t know how you all are feeling, I know I’m so excited to see you, but I don’t know if anything’s changed. And… I mean, let me know how you’re feeling.

Jess: yeah. I mean, it’s just - it’s hard for me because I am a hopeless romantic, and I’ve just been like, knocked down so many times, and like being in this position, like, I know what I signed up for, like, I put myself here. But like, just - I don’t have that much confidence. And like, when we’re in a room full of women who are so confident in themselves, like, it’s a lot to sit here and see all these women, like, progress in their relationships with you. And I felt like, in my perspective, I was waiting for like, that one on one to like, open up more.

Zach: mhmm. Yeah. See, that - that’s important for me to know. Because like, this is news for me, and with you, like, from like, night one, I felt something there. And we will have the time to get to know each other, so I don’t want that to play a factor. Like, that shouldn’t be a thing, in my eyes. You know?

Jess: I know. No, and I hear you. And like, I am a slow burn, and like -

Zach: and that’s okay. Like, that’s never a fault.

Jess: I know. And I know it’s not. But like, [laugh/cry noise] yeah. Um. I just want you to see like, my frustration of like, the clock is ticking, and it’s like, what can I do that’s organic and natural that’s not forced? Because it’s like, I don’t know what you need.

Zach: no, yeah

Jess: Because it’s hard, being the last one. And I hope you can see a little bit of -

Zach: but even seeing it as the last one, because it’s not like, about that. I have this confidence with you.

Jess: but like, I felt like, a lot of pressure coming into tonight, cause I feel like you haven’t seen all of me yet. And like, I’m put in this place where it’s like, I’m showing up, but I’m trying to continue to do the best that I can, and like, I really really do wear my heart on my sleeve. And I guess my perspective was like, to get vulnerable and open up on that one on one. I don’t know, like..

Zach: I never want you to think of this as like, a process that’s like, where on a one on one, that’s when you can open up and find love. Like, I never wanted that. And I’m upset that like, you felt like you needed to feel that way. [his tone still here is reassuring] Because there isn’t like, a rule on a one on one with each other -

Jess: I know. I know.

Zach: but it’s okay, it’s okay.

Jess: I’m trying really hard to get out of my head with that. It’s just… okay. Were women vulnerable with you before or after a one on one? [she gets visibly upset here]

Zach: what? The one-on-one -

Jess: [frustrated tone, I don’t want to say raising her voice but kind of] because a one on one is a whole day together!

Zach [now also frustrated]: you keep bringing up, like, it’s about a one on one. And I’m - I’m feeling so confident about us, and then… it’s about a one on one? What am I missing?

Jess: [crying]

Zach: [confused facial expression]

Jess: I understand your perspective that one on ones are not what I think that they are. But like, to not get a one on one, when in my position, a one on one is a big deal.

Zach: mhm (this is where the visible Zachary Ick sets in)

Jess: I just, I don’t know where your head’s at. Like, I’m confused.

Zach: yeah.

Jess: okay. [emotional laugh]

Zach: to be honest, like, and I will always be honest with you, I feel like there’s that disconnect, I guess. I don’t feel any more sure about this, and I feel nervous, and I don’t think I can feel fully nervous. So I don’t know how you feel, but I’m not feeling that confident. As hard as it is. Like, it pains me to say.

Jess: [nodding, then crying] I told you from the start that I’m not gonna fight for someone. Like, I told you that all I wanted was someone to fight for me. And like, I’m not doing that. I’m not.

Jess: I’m not gonna beg for you. I’m not doing that.

[they stand up together and walk out]

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
25 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Someone on the Bachelor subreddit typed up this transcript of their conversation and I think you can see a) how badly chopped/edited it is and b) how it makes more sense if you know that the producers pick who gets a one-on-one date. I feel like he's almost trying to tell her she's getting one next week or something. Also, the number of "likes" here makes my brain and soul hurt.

Zach (leading in from small talk at the beginning): it’s like, really, like, almost… I don’t want to say night one nerves for me?

Jess: yeah, it was a lot (they were talking about the witch date being out of her comfort zone right before this, so if they didn’t edit too much, she’s probably still referring to that)

Zach: But after having a week to not see really everyone and have moments, I don’t know how you all are feeling, I know I’m so excited to see you, but I don’t know if anything’s changed. And… I mean, let me know how you’re feeling.

Jess: yeah. I mean, it’s just - it’s hard for me because I am a hopeless romantic, and I’ve just been like, knocked down so many times, and like being in this position, like, I know what I signed up for, like, I put myself here. But like, just - I don’t have that much confidence. And like, when we’re in a room full of women who are so confident in themselves, like, it’s a lot to sit here and see all these women, like, progress in their relationships with you. And I felt like, in my perspective, I was waiting for like, that one on one to like, open up more.

Zach: mhmm. Yeah. See, that - that’s important for me to know. Because like, this is news for me, and with you, like, from like, night one, I felt something there. And we will have the time to get to know each other, so I don’t want that to play a factor. Like, that shouldn’t be a thing, in my eyes. You know?

Jess: I know. No, and I hear you. And like, I am a slow burn, and like -

Zach: and that’s okay. Like, that’s never a fault.

Jess: I know. And I know it’s not. But like, [laugh/cry noise] yeah. Um. I just want you to see like, my frustration of like, the clock is ticking, and it’s like, what can I do that’s organic and natural that’s not forced? Because it’s like, I don’t know what you need.

Zach: no, yeah

Jess: Because it’s hard, being the last one. And I hope you can see a little bit of -

Zach: but even seeing it as the last one, because it’s not like, about that. I have this confidence with you.

Jess: but like, I felt like, a lot of pressure coming into tonight, cause I feel like you haven’t seen all of me yet. And like, I’m put in this place where it’s like, I’m showing up, but I’m trying to continue to do the best that I can, and like, I really really do wear my heart on my sleeve. And I guess my perspective was like, to get vulnerable and open up on that one on one. I don’t know, like..

Zach: I never want you to think of this as like, a process that’s like, where on a one on one, that’s when you can open up and find love. Like, I never wanted that. And I’m upset that like, you felt like you needed to feel that way. [his tone still here is reassuring] Because there isn’t like, a rule on a one on one with each other -

Jess: I know. I know.

Zach: but it’s okay, it’s okay.

Jess: I’m trying really hard to get out of my head with that. It’s just… okay. Were women vulnerable with you before or after a one on one? [she gets visibly upset here]

Zach: what? The one-on-one -

Jess: [frustrated tone, I don’t want to say raising her voice but kind of] because a one on one is a whole day together!

Zach [now also frustrated]: you keep bringing up, like, it’s about a one on one. And I’m - I’m feeling so confident about us, and then… it’s about a one on one? What am I missing?

Jess: [crying]

Jess: I understand your perspective that one on ones are not what I think that they are. But like, to not get a one on one, when in my position, a one on one is a big deal.

Zach: mhm (this is where the visible Zachary Ick sets in)

Jess: I just, I don’t know where your head’s at. Like, I’m confused.

Zach: yeah.

Jess: okay. [emotional laugh]

Zach: to be honest, like, and I will always be honest with you, I feel like there’s that disconnect, I guess. I don’t feel any more sure about this, and I feel nervous, and I don’t think I can feel fully nervous. So I don’t know how you feel, but I’m not feeling that confident. As hard as it is. Like, it pains me to say.

Jess: [nodding, then crying] I told you from the start that I’m not gonna fight for someone. Like, I told you that all I wanted was someone to fight for me. And like, I’m not doing that. I’m not.

Jess: I’m not gonna beg for you. I’m not doing that.

[they stand up together and walk out]

I can understand how, if in fact the one on ones aren’t his choice, he would be frustrated.  But if he knows this and she doesn’t then his sudden switch is still very odd.  There is a disconnect based on knowledge and that’s her fault?  It’s a bad look.

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I can understand how, if in fact the one on ones aren’t his choice, he would be frustrated.  But if he knows this and she doesn’t then his sudden switch is still very odd.  There is a disconnect based on knowledge and that’s her fault?  It’s a bad look.

I think I remember previous bachelors saying they get to pick who to take on the one-on-ones but I could be wrong. I feel like the first one-on-one person never ends up winning at the end. It usually is a good date but then the bachelor has so many dates after, that their date with their first one fizzles out. I notice that usually the winner of the season is around the 3rd or 4th date of the season. 

I think in regard to Jess, he wasn't being empathetic or really trying to understand why she was upset. At the end of the day, the time you get with a person on this show is so very limited and really all you have. Group dates are a waste and usually do nothing to move relationships along. He kept hearing " one-on-one" but he wasn't hearing that what she was saying was that they couldn't possibly end up together at the end of this thing if they have no quality time together. He could have just been honest and said you're right, I guess I just felt more of a connection to the other women and that's not to say you're not wonderful, I just had to go based on my gut.. but instead he keep saying he felt a connection and that it's not about one-on-one time together. He is limited with dates so obviously it's not his fault that he couldn't get to everyone, but if he was in her position, he would feel the same way. 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I miss the 2 on 1 dates.  They do not seem to do as many of them as they did in the past.  I always liked those. 

Tonight's episode seemed to be setting up a 2:1 with Kat & Brooklyn.  

• Useful 4

That transcript was like, I have no words. I almost gave the post a Like but I was laughing too hard reading it. It wasn’t that funny when I heard it last night.

I believe he doesn’t get to choose who goes in the 1/1 and I also believe he liked her and jess was scheduled for the next 1/1 if she didn’t spiral out. I also don’t think 1/1s are all that, I don’t think it’s a whole day together. Yes it’s more time together than the cocktail party but it’s also not that intimate considering there’s time consuming activities in the morning section that don’t allow for much significant conversation and then they separate to get ready for dinner which is probably hours apart and the only time they get to talk is during that mock dinner when she’d have revealed some sob story so I don’t see the big deal unless she got a bunch of swag like gain or an overnight like kaity. I think the cocktail party is a more natural setting to get to know a person and she was just too young and insecure to get past not having had a 1/1 to take advantage of their time which btw he came and got her for and she’d have made it to the top 4. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

With Jess and Greer and Brianna and maybe there were others who dared mention wanting a 1:1 and got reprimanded for it—I think mornin Bailen was another… Zach has an odd misinterpretation that the woman only wants the fairytale date. He isn’t understanding that their focus is on spending time with him. It’s perfectly reasonable to feel insecure that you’ve had 12 fewer uninterrupted hours to build that connection that he’s had with others. Every freakin time he says, you have nothing to worry about, I value our connection—and then on the turn of a dime says actually now that you’re questioning my feelings it’s made me decide not to have feelings for you. So, they were right—but instead he blames the woman that he has no idea what transpired! This gives new context to what happened with Rachel that Zach said she was a “different person” for asking about his feelings in the fantasy suite! Yeah, Rachel seemed pretty emotionally needy so it was easy for us all to assume she likely did do something red flaggish in the FS. But now we’re seeing this pattern week after week with Zach. What seemed like a genuinely decent dude at first is showing that “nice guy” (who is actually manipulative and controlling) demeanor. 

During his 1:1 with Ariel he actually said that it was because he got to spend this time with her that he was able to further their relationship, or something to that effect... so, yes, Zach, 1:1 dates are an important part of the process. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 4

Estonia looks gorgeous, I wish we could have explored it more beyond getting involved in gimmick dates. I don't know who picks these dates, but they have to have the best job on the whole show, contacting nudists and witches all day long while everyone else edits footage or deals with hysterical contestants. 

Zach sure is quick to walk ladies out to the car, its enough to give you whiplash. I knew as soon as she started crying that Jess was out, Zach obviously isn't that interested in her and this was his excuse to send her packing. I have liked Zach so far mostly, but I am not sure I love how fast his switch can be flipped from chill to pissed off over really weird things, like with Greer in the last episode. I have no idea if this is just him culling the herd because he already has his top three and everyone else is just backgrounds noise and he has no poker face, or if he's just naturally quick to get annoyed with people. 

Jess clearly took over Greer's role as the neurotic crying messy one, so she is inevitably next to go. Crying to Zach about feeling like she's the last kid to be picked at dodgeball was obviously the wrong play, but I cant really blame her for being upset about being the only person on the one on one. It sucks that she's the last one picked, One on One's aren't the end all be all of going all the way to the end, but they are important to building that connection. When else will she have time to tell her sob story?!

Seriously, every single woman on this show comes packing her own tragic tale of woe like they're all the heroines of some Victorian melodrama, about to wilt away from tuberculosis after being jilted at the alter. I feel really bad that so many of them have been through so much, but its like every single date is now required to end with the woman crying while the Bachelor comforts her. For some people it also seems to be a deliberate play, they know that they are guaranteed a rose if they can sell a good tragic backstory, 

I don't think anyone looked great in the whole Kat and Brooklyn drama. Kat snagging a kiss from Zach right before his date with Charity made them both look sleazy and while Brooklyn was right to call her out, she just went on for WAY too long about it. Kat should have said she was sorry, but Brooklyn was the one really drawing things out.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I wonder if Charity had her date last week, who would have gotten that first date…

Good point! And something else to contemplate is...if Greer had been involved in this episode how different would it have all turned out?
Jess might not have been weepy over being picked last for a one-on-one.
Ariel would still have been picked for a single date but who would get the other?
I suspect Jess would. And then who would have been sent home?
Greer was protected by her illness last night.

Does anyone else think it's odd that Gabi didn't get sick after spending the day with Zach including kissing him and yet Greer did? No one else got sick? Where did Zach and Greer both pick Covid up from?

• Like 6

I fell asleep during part of the show last night and when I went back to catch what I missed I was surprised and turned off by Brooklyn marching in to attack Kat once again while she and Charity tried to have a private conversation. I hope that was producer-driven. And while watching all this back I wonder how much Brooklyn is embarrassed over how she is being portrayed as a jealous bully.

I agree with those who are saying both Kat and Brooklyn were wrong but I can't help wincing more at B who meddles and scolds and seems angry and jealous at those who are prettier than she is.

Kaity has such a great personality. I don't think we have seen her once show even a tiny bit of shade towards anyone - just kindness and empathy, even excitement for the others over their successes with Zach.

• Like 9
19 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I fell asleep during part of the show last night and when I went back to catch what I missed I was surprised and turned off by Brooklyn marching in to attack Kat once again while she and Charity tried to have a private conversation. I hope that was producer-driven. And while watching all this back I wonder how much Brooklyn is embarrassed over how she is being portrayed as a jealous bully.

I agree with those who are saying both Kat and Brooklyn were wrong but I can't help wincing more at B who meddles and scolds and seems angry and jealous at those who are prettier than she is.

Kaity has such a great personality. I don't think we have seen her once show even a tiny bit of shade towards anyone - just kindness and empathy, even excitement for the others over their successes with Zach.

Going to sleep during the episode shows a great deal of wisdom.

I agree that Brooklyn went on too long but I don't think that she was motivated by jealousy etc.  I have a feeling that Kat probably isn't all that kind.  None of the other "ladies" disagreed with Brooklyn or tried to encourage or provide sympathy to Kat.  There was a clear difference in maturity between the way that Brooklyn and Ariel went about chastising Kat but Ariel certainly was just as hard on her as Brooklyn was and more devastating in the way she simply told her off.

If this was the case of some longstanding behavior by Brooklyn or completely shocking on the part of Kat I imagine the reaction from the others would have been different.  And Kat spent the whole date worried that other people (mostly but not entirely Brooklyn) were going to complain to the Z-Man.

• Like 4

I think Zach has always come across as kind of cold and the type that will immediately send home anyone who dares complain about his actions. I have always heard the lead picks their own one on ones although they are asked to keep certain people in the beginning for drama. I wish they could provide the lead some training in how to let down someone they don't plan on keeping but may not want to send home right at the moment. It takes away from the rose ceremony to have people sent home at random times. I like Kaity and Ariel and don't find Gabi attractive but Zach seems to like her along with Kat. I have always thought Zach went off on Rachel during the fantasy suite because she may not have said he was her guaranteed final one. Estonia looked like fun. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Zach has always come across as kind of cold and the type that will immediately send home anyone who dares complain about his actions. I have always heard the lead picks their own one on ones although they are asked to keep certain people in the beginning for drama. I wish they could provide the lead some training in how to let down someone they don't plan on keeping but may not want to send home right at the moment. It takes away from the rose ceremony to have people sent home at random times. I like Kaity and Ariel and don't find Gabi attractive but Zach seems to like her along with Kat. I have always thought Zach went off on Rachel during the fantasy suite because she may not have said he was her guaranteed final one. Estonia looked like fun. 

Her season was a very long time ago but I remember Ali Fedotowsky talking about how she got to choose the guys she most wanted a one-on-one with, but that the producers chose when the date was and which activity it was. This absolutely may have changed in the years since, but at the very least the producers still seem to choose who goes on the 2 on 1 dates because it's always the two girls who have drama between them and never one of the lead's top favorites. 

• Like 3

London’s castles and churches teem with history but that history involves many tragic events and circumstances. The Great Fire. The Blitz. The Princes In The Tower. Lady Jane Grey. Estonia appears to be a lovely, fairy tale place with its white facades and red roofs but, long before the present conflict in Ukraine, Estonia and the other Baltic Republics (Latvia, Lithuania) had their own unhappy encounters with the expansionist Russian Bear.

Estonia gained its independence from Russia in the early 20th century. But immediately following WWI and the Bolshevik Revolution the plucky Estonians had to repel an invasion by the then-new Soviet Union. Despite their bravery they were undone – or undid themselves – via the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, a secret German-Soviet treaty that divided Northern Europe between the two powers. The Soviet war machine, already geared up for likely combat against Germany (despite the treaty), made easy work of blockading, occupying and annexing Estonia, which became a pawn in the deadly chess match on the Eastern Front as the Germans and Soviets seemingly took turns invading, occupying and retreating. Tallinn, site of tonight’s episode, was bombed by the Soviets hence the newer buildings mixed in. Things became so grim and desperate that some Estonians dared regard Germany ie the Third Reich as a liberator and that Germany would grant them autonomy.

The years during and after WWII are a sad but familiar tale of life behind the Iron Curtain – oppression, terror, large swathes of the population sent to Siberian gulags. Cultural isolation was also imposed, broken only by ‘pirate TV’ ie souped-up receivers and antennae that could pick up Finnish television broadcasts across the gulf. Like so many other regions, a combination of resistance and a weakened, dying USSR restored Estonia to independence in the 1990s.

30 years on and its Disneyesque charm (Brooklyn mentions Frozen) has been restored with no FastPasses required or strollers to trip over. You’ve seen those strollers on Disney’s Main Street USA. They’re the ones containing the kids whose parents have worked overtime through the year and spent the thick end of $5,000 on a trip to the Magic Kingdom. They book hotel rooms, meal plans, character breakfasts and meticulously plan their days to arrive at the gates when they open…only to have little Tilly or Timmy fall sound asleep in the stroller inside those gates at 10 AM.

Speaking of Europe and fiction, the only other Estonia reference that comes immediately to mind is that Piotr Skut, pilot and friend to Tintin (Herge’s Belgian comic-book icon) is Estonian and a good egg. And he wears an eye patch. It lends him a jaunty appearance but don’t pilots need binocular vision for their own safety and that of the passengers?

Jesse & Zach are caffeinating themselves as the subtitles unnecessarily inform us that Jesse is the host (obvs) and 44 years old. The espresso hasn’t kicked in yet as Jesse informs us that Greer is ‘under the weather’ (more covid protocol nonsense) but is also ‘asymptomatic.’ They can’t both be true. Zach is doing a rundown, no doubt at producer request.

The hotel rooms keep getting smaller but it’s nothing to do with the dwindling number of Bachelorettes…just the typical smallish architecture on the continent.

Tonight’s performance features understudy Kat in the role of Alex made famous by Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. Kat has her nurse’s smile pasted on which offers all the mirth of a jack o’lantern’s grin. She wants to be made a priority and won’t be ignored. We only hope there are no bunnies, boilers or butcher knives in the suites.

Charity gets another dose of – well, you know – and to be fair she does look stunning in emerald green. The single date has also chased away her tendency to grimace but it returns quickly and green becomes the color of envy when Kat steals Zach. Sitting down was his first mistake.

Fair play to the other ladies who are exasperated by this power play and Kat’s bizarre recitation of tree fort rules like ‘I’m allowed to do that.’

We haven’t seen one motor vehicle in this cobblestoned historical district so the horses have the run of the place. The Wife Carrying Championships have long been a stock entry in those ‘News of the Weird’ columns – what a remarkable non-coincidence that they’re taking place during this date and Zach & Charity are convinced to participate. In another non-coincidence the referee speaks passable English. A sunglasses-wearing Jesse looks on, hoping he isn’t recognized.

Brooklyn and Kaity adopt the Kissinger Philosophy: the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And right now the enemy is Kat, who is pouring out more self-justification to the ice queen of this group, Ariel. Ariel in her leather miniskirt and slinky sweater says ‘eyes up here!’ Well, she really doesn’t say it but she seems to. She stares intently at Kat and pretends to be listening. But maybe Ariel is like us: mostly bored. She strikes a blow for sanity by pointing out that Kat’s elaborate alibi is undone by the facts. Kat’s 40 watt bulb begins to flicker with doubt.

Funky foreign liqueurs always seem heavy on the spice or flavor. Pepper, licorice etc. It is said that cocktails were, in part, a creative if desperate attempt to mask the poor quality of the spirits they contained. Perhaps plain old vodka from a primitive still wasn’t interesting enough so they added something more. Lots of dark, cold nights that far north.

Jess echoes our question from last week: will they double up the date count to make up for London lockdown? Based on the running time of the episode the answer would seem to be no.

Zach and Charity enter Gingerbread Palace where more food suffers the fate of going uneaten. Perhaps they’re using plastic props now rather than wasting a nice entrée. Zach is starting to wonder if his Bachelorettes were all cast from attendees at a support group meeting. Like Brooklyn, Charity has a troubled relationship history. Zach says he does as well and they agree that their locus of control became external against their will. It might be churlish to ask Charity to lay off the pop psychology buzzwords – seen, comforted, protected – but we’ll ask anyway. As the horses pull away we’re slightly surprised the audio engineers didn’t mix in the usual screech of a hawk. But we have more episodes ahead for that. Unfortunately, Jess may not see those episodes. Ariel has received a single date (rightly so, in the eyes of the judges) and Jess is in floods of tears.

Charity recounts her big day out and has saved a thorn from her rose to scratch Kat (hehe) with it. Horsewoman Brooklyn isn’t interested in subtlety. She rears back and gives Charity two Okie hooves right in the mush. Brooklyn may have taken some licks from her evil ex but she’s got a few of her own to give. Cue the Batman sound effects! BIFF! CRACK! KA-POW!

Brooklyn the Country Witch gives way to the Estonian Neutral Witch who has been using witchcraft more than 20 years. She claims she has used her powers to heal but the look on Jess’ face suggests Jess might be interested in a spell or two to make a few people vanish. They walk a circle around the fire and burn some sage – but that’s like any open-kitchen restaurant these days innit? Zach performs the ritual. Brooklyn claims she forgot everything going on around her. Are we sure that’s just sage they’re burning? Next is a lot of candle holding and it isn’t a birthday or Christmas. It isn’t very interesting or revealing either. And Brooklyn is yet to be ‘cleansed.’

For an ostensibly cold locale we haven’t seen any clouds of steam exhaled by the cast members, the horses or the locals. And the Bachelorettes are quite comfortable outside wearing only their cocktail dresses. Jess has resumed her long process of losing the plot. ‘I’m good now’ she says unconvincingly.

At this point they may as well issue a wristband to Kaity inscribed ‘FINAL TWO.’ That isn’t a spoiler just a statement of the bleeding obvious. They mimic the other’s body language which is laid back (literally) and therefore open including both exposing their necks (we’re still cavemen in an evolutionary sense after all). The pitch of their voices matches (give or take an octave).

Gabi’s shoulders are covered by her coat. Zach claims butterflies but his own shoulder is rebellious in separating the two, unlike his posture with Kaity. But he still wants a snog. Doesn’t he always?

Actually, no he doesn’t in the case of Jealous Jess who is more focused on the competition than Zach. And Zach and his ego aren’t wild about that. Body language betrays Zach as he talks with his eyes closed and does a flurry of self-touching because Jess is like a dog with a bone over this single date business. His pep talk is going nowhere. And now Jess is going home. And it’s finally cold. Symbolism.

More symbolism: Zach is boycotting the cocktail party rose. This producer’s stunt is hoary in the extreme but it never fails to agitate the ladies. In their defense, why are they being punished for Jess’ antics?

We may not be native speakers or readers of Estonian but we can decipher ‘nudistide’ and ‘saun’ without the subtitles. Thank God it isn’t the Cyrillic alphabet. And thank God Ariel has brought more swimwear (to Estonia?). A tasteful red one-piece turns outright tasty as it works to contain Ariel’s bachelorettes. Zach, with eyes closed, is missing all the fun. More bizarre rituals involving plants take place. No, not the herbal bouquets, the plants are more English-speaking Estonians who enter starkers, offer a bit of generic advice and give Zach & Ariel an excuse to head for the hot tub. Some more advice for Zach: sneak Ariel to the airport and fly out of there with her. You don’t need the drama back there. You don’t want the drama back there. You may have to get a yarmulke and explain to Mom it will be a Jewish wedding ceremony but those are mere details for now.

Brooklyn-Kat III: This Time It’s Personal. The prelude to the rose ceremony is an exercise in Brooklyn again nipping at the heels of Kat. The ceremony itself is rather anticlimactic. Aly just couldn’t break out of the background. Whisper it: they’ve stopped pushing rose ceremonies into the next episode while all hell breaks loose. Is it an attack of conscience or merely compensating for the interruption to the schedule caused by covid? Whatever the reason let’s don’t look a gift horse(woman) in the mouth.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 7
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes, the leads don’t choose the timing or the activity, but they decide who they want a one on one with. 

So potentially Zach could have asked for a one-on-one with Jess, but it could have been the second date this week (that instead went to Charity for her make-up date) or even one planned next week, right? If so, that sucks for both of them. I feel like every season the producers make a nervous girl spiral but it was particularly mean with Jess who seems even more anxious than most. I do think Jess would have had one before Greer, who he doesn't seem to like very much. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I think if Zach had wanted a date with Jess he wouldn’t have sent her home. If the woman has been there this long and hasn’t had a one on one, she isn’t going to get one. There is always one women who complains about never getting a one on one and she always goes home soon after.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Why is Brooklyn still so angry at Kat for talking to Zach for 5 minutes? It has surpassed the point where the punishment is worse than the crime.

No kidding. When she ran after Kat to literally insert herself between Kat and Charity, I was WAY over her. She must know she's not getting to F4 (or to the end, in any case) and wanted to make a statement (stink) to get more TV time. Very yucky behavior.

I wish Kat had told the room that Zach thought she was showing initiative. I would have loved to see their faces and what stunts they all started pulling as they collectively make up rules and have hissy fits about them.

Looks like Estonia is angling for more western tourist dollars. It's definitely not top of mind for most in the U.S. planning a European vacation.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

I wish Kat had told the room that Zach thought she was showing initiative. I would have loved to see their faces and what stunts they all started pulling as they collectively make up rules and have hissy fits about them.

Although Zach will always welcome a chance to kiss almost anyone I don't actually think he likes Kat that much.  I thought he was just pleased that someone ran after him.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Does anyone else think it's odd that Gabi didn't get sick after spending the day with Zach including kissing him and yet Greer did? No one else got sick? Where did Zach and Greer both pick Covid up from?

That’s what I don’t understand. 

Well, I don’t understand a lot of things on this show.

I feel like Zach is cutting any of the women who are drama, because he’s not about the drama.

Dude, if you marry a woman, you will get occasional drama - even with the most chill woman you can find. And you, too, will cause drama.

He doesn’t seem to like them expressing feelings that don’t jive with good feelings towards him.

I was so liking him until last week and not I really don’t like how he just turns on a dime.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

That transcript was a whole lot of words that said...nothing really. Sounds like: 

Jess: I want to go on a date with the guy I might be engaged to soon.

Zack: Why? We're good.

Jess: Because I don't feel like we're good since we haven't really talked. 

Zack: We're talking now.

Jess: but it's not one on one

Zack: Huh? (doesn't see anyone else there, other than the production team)

Jess: I want a proper date where I am not in constant fear that Kat, um, someone will come and make out with you

Zack: You're getting a bit needy. Can I walk you out?

Jess: If you're not going to make me feel special than yeah, I'm out of here. 

Zack: Okay. Bye. 

I think that's what they were saying between the twenty thousand "likes". Hard to say. maybe Zack looked so confused because he kept losing track of what they were talking about because of all the "likes". I know if it wasn't in writing I wouldn't have been able to follow the so called conversation. 

I also think that he was probably frustrated that she was asking for one on one time to get to know him, was currently having one on one time and wasted it complaining about not having one on one time. 

It is a bit creepy how he can turn on a dime, but I think part of that is that she wasn't going to be one of his final women so once she gave him an out it was easy to just stop trying. If it were someone he truly cared about saying that, or saying what Greer said about Covid, I think he'd be more invested. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

All the sob stories are a bit much but I am loving Zach’s face and watching to see him emotionally clock out.

It’s the human emotional equivalent of seeing a balloon slowly deflate.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 10
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I also think that he was probably frustrated that she was asking for one on one time to get to know him, was currently having one on one time and wasted it complaining about not having one on one time. 

Exactly!  

I also think he thinks she's too young and needy. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I also think he thinks she's too young and needy. 

Doesn't everyone?  How did she get past the psychologists?  Oh, wait!  They probably have some sort of dispensation...for "good TV."   It's sad and pathetic TV, and comments will follow this poor girl/woman for years.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Wow, what a total jump fake with Zach and Jess 🤯.  He told her he was confident and that she didn't have to worry and then a few minutes later he said he wasn't feeling a connection and led her to the rejection SUV! I would've said, "Glad we're on the same page, Zach 😏". Zach is a very changeable guy and seems to only like happy interactions and flares his nostrils at the first sign of conflict or "drama".  His future wife will walk on eggshells around him.  Ariel aced her mini sob story: she was poised and confident in delivering it and didn't look up at him with pleading Disney Princess eyes like the other girls. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 2/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, DEL901 said:

Charity got a make up date, but I would be surprised if there was a third 1-1 date

Charity got a make up date, but I would be surprised if there was a third 1-1 date with someone who uses her screen time for ONLY whining, weeping, and poor me-ing.  What a drag you are, Jess.  Please watch yourself carefully on YouTube or somewhere--you should see what your real "outside" friends have been trying to tell you.  Get a therapist and, aka Mary Engelbreit, Snap out of it!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Wow, what a total jump fake with Zach and Jess 🤯.  He told her he was confident and that she didn't have to worry and then a few minutes later he said he wasn't feeling a connection and led her to the rejection SUV! I would've said, "Glad we're on the same page, Zach 😏". Zach is a very changeable guy and seems to only like happy interactions and flares his nostrils at the first sign of conflict or "drama".  His future wife will walk on eggshells around him.  Ariel aced her mini sob story: she was poised and confident in delivering it and didn't look up at him with pleading Disney Princess eyes like the other girls. 

LOL at the bolded. I'm torn on the Jess thing, on the one hand I think she talked herself into the rejection SUV and would have had at least one more week, but on the other hand, if what she really wanted was to be one of the frontrunners, that wasn't happening.

But since almost none of these relationships ever make it the altar anyway, I'm always puzzled by the girls who implode and get themselves sent packing when they would otherwise get to continue traveling and have an unremarkable rose ceremony exit toward the end of the show. The ones with too much ego to be anything but number 1 can't just enjoy the travel, I guess.

Also, I don't know if it was choppy editing or what, but she wasn't articulating exactly what she wanted from Zach at that moment. Like, he couldn't just pick up and go on a 1-1 that moment and presumably she'd be getting one of the next ones. He was telling her how confident he felt about their future potential, there wasn't much more he could really do in the middle of a cocktail party.

That 1-1 was a good showcase for Ariel, she seems fun and pretty normal. I think she, Kaity and Gabi are my favorites for the fun factor. I enjoyed her conversation with Kat, she didn't jump all over her ass the way Brooklyn did, but she also didn't entirely let her rewrite herself as a victim.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
13 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

But since almost none of these relationships ever make it the altar anyway, I'm always puzzled by the girls who implode and get themselves sent packing when they would otherwise get to continue traveling and have an unremarkable rose ceremony exit toward the end of the show. The ones with too much ego to be anything but number 1 can't just enjoy the travel, I guess.

If the guy isn't totally intolerable, I'd be happy to just coast along in the middle going on an international travel vacation. Of course I'm not finding Zack irrisistable so I would be fine not having one on one time with him and his short affection span. (I've never seen someone change their affections for people as quickly as him. He's got some kind of romance ADD or something).

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

That 1-1 was a good showcase for Ariel, she seems fun and pretty normal. I think she, Kaity and Gabi are my favorites for the fun factor. I enjoyed her conversation with Kat, she didn't jump all over her ass the way Brooklyn did, but she also didn't entirely let her rewrite herself as a victim.

I am crushing on Ariel. She is beautiful, articulate, has a sense of humor, and comes across as being level-headed. She's too good for this show.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I am crushing on Ariel. She is beautiful, articulate, has a sense of humor, and comes across as being level-headed. She's too good for this show.

She is too good for Zach.  She should be the next bachelorette.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

LOL at the bolded. I'm torn on the Jess thing, on the one hand I think she talked herself into the rejection SUV and would have had at least one more week, but on the other hand, if what she really wanted was to be one of the frontrunners, that wasn't happening.

Also, I don't know if it was choppy editing or what, but she wasn't articulating exactly what she wanted from Zach at that moment. Like, he couldn't just pick up and go on a 1-1 that moment and presumably she'd be getting one of the next ones. He was telling her how confident he felt about their future potential, there wasn't much more he could really do in the middle of a cocktail party.

I think these girls are unable to take it easy during their journey because they're laser focused on one guy the entire time and can't use their phones or the internet.  If these girls met Zach casually at a backyard barbecue with other guys there, they wouldn't get their thongs in a bunch over perceived slights of not getting a 1-on-1 and I totally agree, they really should take it easy and enjoy their vacations regardless of if they end up with Zach.  I wish this show could cast women in their 30's who have a few major heartbreaks under their belt, because they would be more self-assured and resilient when it comes to handling this show. Jess is a gorgeous, sweet and gentle girl and she wasn't cut out for this show in terms of the anxiety it caused her, but a guy in the real world will absolutely adore her.  On a side note, I hope that these women have kept their receipts to return all of their JC Penny and Fashion Nova prom dresses 😅.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Madding crowd said:

I think Zach has always come across as kind of cold and the type that will immediately send home anyone who dares complain about his actions. I have always heard the lead picks their own one on ones although they are asked to keep certain people in the beginning for drama.

I liked Zach at first but I’m picking up a different vibe from him now. He dispenses with women quickly when they air concerns to him or anything doesn’t go as he likes. What happened to keeping them around and eliminating them at the rose ceremony? Why the rush to put them in a car?

He handled the discussion with Jess badly. I didn’t find anything she said unreasonable. He was dismissive and cold. If he’s like this in the dating realm, then what will he be like when he’s deep into a relationship with a woman and she expresses concerns or there’s conflict? Is he going to gaslight her or dismiss her? It makes me wonder, but maybe I’m over-analyzing. 

That’s what I’ve heard too. I think they at least get to tell the producers which contestants they like the best. So he hadn’t tagged Jess as a favorite and she knew it. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

What happened to keeping them around and eliminating them at the rose ceremony? Why the rush to put them in a car?

Because he was sick?  Because the producers are not quick-witted or imaginative?  They put their heads together and decided they had to dump AT LEAST ONE MORE before the Rose Ceremony.  Poor Jess.  Her persona saw it coming the moment she signed up to be on the show.   Does anyone remember this doll?

image.png.2ab18c1f1a092c75b68c74bc8e1e3e3d.png

image.png.1025ca205f4405bed29f367592f8d16c.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Because he was sick?  Because the producers are not quick-witted or imaginative?  They put their heads together and decided they had to dump AT LEAST ONE MORE before the Rose Ceremony.  Poor Jess.  Her persona saw it coming the moment she signed up to be on the show.   Does anyone remember this doll?

image.png.2ab18c1f1a092c75b68c74bc8e1e3e3d.png

I had one of these dolls as a kid….

• Love 1
On 2/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, SallyAlbright said:

I think the problem Zach is facing is that he already knows who his top 3-4 choices are and would probably have cut everyone else weeks ago. He has no poker face whatsoever so when the "other" girls confront him about their relationships, he's not able to (and doesn't want to) lie convincingly and gets very uncomfortable and frustrated. 

I'm not sure if it would be better for the Bachelor to be a great liar and therefore fake it with a lot of people (Arie, etc.) or this way, but it does come off as Zach being very blunt. 

Yeah, I mean after the Clayton debacle, I have to say I'd be more comfortable with the guy who can't lie. It's not great for this show where they want to make it seem like anyone could win and keep the suspense right til the end, but if I were one of those girls, I would like the idea that I could discern my place in the pecking order. Watching Clayton snow all those girls and their families into believing he was genuinely in love with them was so uncomfortable.

But someone like Jess, who couldn't handle the knowledge that she wasn't in first place, don't know what to do with this information. This would be a great season for someone who wants to do all the traveling, they could just hang out in the friend zone and go on as many trips as possible before getting an unremarkable dismissal without making a fool of themselves falling all over the lead with declarations of love.

Especially carriage rides over bumpy cobblestones where you're bouncing up and down and have difficulty talking.

And somehow the broad daylight made it look extra silly. Plus the camera crew making it so conspicuous. An evening carriage ride could maybe be sort of okay, but clomping around in daylight just looked ridiculous.

I thought the Brooklyn/Kat drama made them both look bad. Kat shouldn't have done it and should have just apologized to Charity saying she made a bad call, is sorry she took away from Charity's moment and won't do it again. Brooklyn should have let it go after saying what she thought the very first time. Charity seems capable of fighting her own battles and the more it continued the more it made Brooklyn look mean and petty. 

Yeah, Brooklyn's over the top response ended up making Kat look like less of an asshole for what she did. Let her stand alone as the bad guy for pulling that stunt, repeatedly jumping all over her made her nearly a sympathetic character. And especially inserting herself into the private conversation between Charity and Kat, like, what rationale was there for her presence in that convo.

• Like 5

I wonder about something, would these women rather have Zach or a 20 percent chance to be the next bachelorette. I know what I'd choose, especially with Zach as the bachelor.

Also, why has Zach, who is mediocre at best, have the best-looking women on his season?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, coconutcookie said:

I wonder about something, would these women rather have Zach or a 20 percent chance to be the next bachelorette. I know what I'd choose, especially with Zach as the bachelor.

Just odds wise, they are better off becoming Bachelorette. Though ego wise, some of them might need to be the one chosen out of all the other women even if they aren't actually into Zach. Then, when they get that validation they wake up and realize they blew it. They should have been going for a finalist but not winner spot so they could choose from a variety of very similar social media attractive men. 

• Like 2
(edited)

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

They should have been going for a finalist but not winner spot so they could choose from a variety of very similar social media attractive men. 

Although I don't watch much/many of these episodes and have never watched the "Paradise" offshoots, don't most of their agents explain they'll probably make some good money for several months even if not a "chosen one" by agreeing to make fools of themselves on yet another television spectacular?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, b2H said:
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I had one of these dolls as a kid….

So did my sister, the middle child.  We (the oldest and youngest) DID. NOT. WANT. DOLLS.   My mother bought beautiful dolls and had them in LAYAWAY forever because she felt we were "deprived."  We WERE...but we didn't want dolls!  (She had grown up "deprived" too.)  The middle sister may have been trying to tell our mother something.  She loved that doll.

• Like 1

Jess on the conversation with Zach:

“I definitely was blindsided,” Jess, 23, exclusively told Us Weekly of Zach Shallcross at the recent Women Tell All taping in Los Angeles. “Throughout our journey, he always reassured me and validated me. He always told me everything’s gonna be OK and to just kind of hold out, hold on. So as time went on and I wasn’t getting that special quality time with him, I was definitely in my head of like, ‘What am I missing here? There’s nothing being communicated, that’s wrong.’ So in a way, I saw it coming because it just wasn’t adding it up, but yeah, I definitely was blindsided still.”

Zach, 26, sent Jess home during the evening portion of the group date after she expressed concerns about not receiving a one-on-one date yet.

“The exit was frustrating on both ends,” she continued, telling Us that they were both “confused” during their chat. “It wasn’t a good feeling to sit with because it was like, ‘Well, what could I have done better? What could I have said better? Should I have fought for him?’ But also, I want someone to fight for me. So it was a very weird place that we left off.”

Things got tense between Jess and Zach as he didn’t understand why she was putting so much emphasis on the idea of a solo date. While he ended things mid-conversation, she told Us that it was “100 percent” a misunderstanding between the pair.

“I think he’s an amazing guy. I think he was doing the best he could in the moment. I was doing the best that I could in the moment,” she explained. “We both just weren’t understanding each other, and it doesn’t mean that I was in the right and he was in the wrong. Like, there was no right or wrong. He was speaking his truth. I was speaking mine the best that we could, so I was not ever upset with him. It was more of just, like, I wish we could have understood each other.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelors-jess-aly-blindsided-by-eliminations-talk-zachs-choices/

• Like 1