Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E06: Week 6

DEL901
  • Start Topic

Why is Brooklyn still so angry at Kat for talking to Zach for 5 minutes? It has surpassed the point where the punishment is worse than the crime.

Greer got COVID (hope she didn’t miss another sales quota), but don’t worry gang, we got Jess ready and able to jump into the role or neurotic and weepy ball of self-doubt and thwarted expectations. Will extinguished candle be the new missed tea party?! Oh, she couldn’t even get past the last one to get a date to even bring up the candle omen. Zach, you’re missing that she hasn’t has an entire day/evening alone with you so there obviously hasn’t been the same opportunity for a connection in 10-minute increments. And here he goes confirming he’s not feeling it right after saying she has nothing to worry about. He punished her for asking about a 1:1! It’s her fault “that that actually happened” (according to Zach).

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3

Wtf! Why are they having to share with the the old guys! This date could have been a lot steamier for a sauna/hot tub if they didn’t have to share with grandpa and grandma. 

I’d like for Ariel to be the bachelorette if he doesn’t pick her. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ariel seems so grown up.  When you see the shots of all the women acting goofy or yelling "Zach," she isn't really participating and her face just shows that she thinks its all so stupid.  But she's also funny and well spoken.  The outtakes they showed on Instagram yesterday she came off great -I don't know wy they didn't show it

• Like 15
8 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

Ariel seems so grown up.  When you see the shots of all the women acting goofy or yelling "Zach," she isn't really participating and her face just shows that she thinks its all so stupid.  But she's also funny and well spoken.  The outtakes they showed on Instagram yesterday she came off great -I don't know wy they didn't show it

I agree with all this.

I doubt Zach ends up with someone that cool.

• Like 7

Looks like 3 are going home next week with 7 left since after that is HTs. I completely forgot about Greer still being there till the previews were shown. 

I really wish they would change the recipe of this show because ladies fighting and airing their sob stories is so not appealing to me and I doubt I’m in the minority here. At least if they could justify sticking with this trend with winning ratings, I’d understand. But clearly that’s not the case, so isn’t it time to dump the trash?

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4

There is something under the surface of him that’s eerily creepy.  He’s so quick to snap no matter how hard he tries to keep it contained. And it’s subtle but I can imagine it’s not so subtle when he’s in a private relationship 

• Like 13
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, rlc said:

Ariel is giving me Sharleen vibes, which is one of the highest complements I can give.

I think both Ariel and Sharleen would be flattered.

Like Sharleen, Ariel can do better than her lead.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
50 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

There is something under the surface of him that’s eerily creepy.  He’s so quick to snap no matter how hard he tries to keep it contained. And it’s subtle but I can imagine it’s not so subtle when he’s in a private relationship 

I have really been noticing this too over the last couple of episodes. He goes from saying all the right things to condescending asshole in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 20
  • Useful 1

Yeah, I'm noticing the Zach-snap too.

I watched the Zach/Jess conversation 3 times to make sure I got it, as his change in demeanor made my head spin.

He tells her he's feeling confident.

She then says she's feeling uneasy about not having a one-on-one, and tries to explain why.  She barely gets out one sentence.  

His next sentence is that he's not confident.  And then....let me walk you to this black SUV with cameras inside.

It's not just his words, it's his demeanor.  This shift that's very perceptible.

Greg Grippo vibes.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 12
1 hour ago, angelamh66 said:

He goes from saying all the right things to condescending asshole in the blink of an eye. 

I wonder if this was the type of behavior he showed with Rachel in the Fantasy Suite date?

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

I am a wrong reasons viewer and only started watching this show to see pretty young women act like idiots on tv so I have no problem with the catty drama.

As for the sob stories, they are one on one dates with the possibility of not getting a rose and being sent home immediately. I think the sob story is kind of a 'get out of being cut' guarantee for the women as it is extremely unlikely for a bachelor to kick a woman to the curb right after they tell him all about the time in kindergarten when they weren't picked first for duck duck goose. Kind of an insurance policy.  Otherwise why go there on what is really a first date? Would anyone else trot out your story of the worst relationship you ever had on a first date? Wouldn't that be the kiss of death? 

"Gee you seem like a really great guy!  My last boyfriend used to beat the crap outta me!"  <<sob>>

"Uh......check please!"

Yeah.  No.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

The Bachelor is outdoing itself in Estonia. We've had Joel McHale in the shop and now we have an extra from What We Do in the Shadows doing a cleansing ritual in what looks like the forest.  \

And on a related note: If I were on national tv I would not appreciate being hoisted butt in the air over a man's shoulders while he carries me over a race course, my crotch in his neck and my face fully planted over his ass. That just looked so humiliating to me. Especially since she barely knows the guy and is trying to impress him with her sexiness etc. Compare this to the fairy princess shopping date Gabi had or the overnight in the museum date Kaity got. Charity got the raw end of this deal. Literally.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5

Between using both "toast" and "cheers" incorrectly, and wearing an untucked dress shirt with a blazer not once but twice, Zach gave me plenty of icks in this episode.

Jess was obviously never a front runner, so Zach had time to figure out how to let her down gently. His barely coherent and self-contradicting speech to her was not a good look.

I feel that the potential for a "sexy" date with Ariel in the sauna was completely ruined by including the older nudist couple. Nudist saunas are pretty common in Europe, but they're not considered erotic or romantic. And having the nudist couple join Ariel and Zach in the hot tub and have a make-out session three feet away from them was just uncomfortable.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I turned away for several minutes, so what was Charity's sob story?

A "relationship" wasn't nice to her. Drone, drone, sniff, sniff. That "relationship" manipulated her.  Drone on.   omeone in Production didn't coach her on how to get to her punch line.  By the end, only Zach pretended to care.

5 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I will say, Zach didn’t have to kiss Kat.  Maybe they should be questioning his character as well.  I think it was disrespectful. 

I agree, but for me, Kat was the initiating kissER and Zach was the kissEE...three times.  She was definitely disrespectful to the other women and the process.  She'll never be convinced--even when she "watches back."  I've barely seen any episodes, so I enjoyed Brooklyn's going after Kat. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Kat just said, "between you and I?"  Dump her, Zach.

Surely, SURELY there would already have been innumerable dumpees in this cast alone if grammar is the criterion.  I've missed (on purpose) most episodes or I'd produce a list...giddily.

• LOL 4

Watching the end credits I wished one of them yelled ‘I love lamp’ from Anchorman but then I realized that everyone of them was between the ages of not born yet (Jess) to 3 years old when that movie came out.  So I’ll just that as my sob story for senior bachelor.

Lamp Reaction GIF

• LOL 10
8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I have really been noticing this too over the last couple of episodes. He goes from saying all the right things to condescending asshole in the blink of an eye. 

And the worst part of it will be with whoever he chooses as in a relationship he will just give up if things don’t go as he wants them to.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, rlc said:

Ariel is giving me Sharleen vibes, which is one of the highest complements I can give.

Sharleen PSA.   She is hosting the new season of Bachelor in Paradise Canada which premieres in May. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

I think the problem Zach is facing is that he already knows who his top 3-4 choices are and would probably have cut everyone else weeks ago. He has no poker face whatsoever so when the "other" girls confront him about their relationships, he's not able to (and doesn't want to) lie convincingly and gets very uncomfortable and frustrated. 

I'm not sure if it would be better for the Bachelor to be a great liar and therefore fake it with a lot of people (Arie, etc.) or this way, but it does come off as Zach being very blunt. 

I thought the Brooklyn/Kat drama made them both look bad. Kat shouldn't have done it and should have just apologized to Charity saying she made a bad call, is sorry she took away from Charity's moment and won't do it again. Brooklyn should have let it go after saying what she thought the very first time. Charity seems capable of fighting her own battles and the more it continued the more it made Brooklyn look mean and petty. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Like 13
  • Applause 3

In Charity and Zach's "heart to heart," where Zach said that in his previous relationship to .... this (i.e. when he was on the Bachelorette) he lost himself yada yada. Well DUH. That's what this entire show does by its very premise. You're conditioned to mold yourself into whatever the lead is looking for because THAT'S THE WAY THIS GAME IS PLAYED.

Man, these conversations are so insipid. 

Zach, have you figured out what your favorite music is now? Let us know! Because I feel like I know literally nothing about you.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

In Charity and Zach's "heart to heart," where Zach said that in his previous relationship to .... this (i.e. when he was on the Bachelorette) he lost himself yada yada. Well DUH. That's what this entire show does by its very premise. You're conditioned to mold yourself into whatever the lead is looking for because THAT'S THE WAY THIS GAME IS PLAYED.

Man, these conversations are so insipid. 

Zach, have you figured out what your favorite music is now? Let us know! Because I feel like I know literally nothing about you.

I got the impression he was talking about his last "real life" relationship there. He said something like "before all this" and kind of waved his hand as if to say before all the Bachelor stuff. It was definitely not clear, though. But if that's the case, it makes a lot more sense that he lost himself in a long-term real life relationship rather than the show. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, flummoxd said:

In addition to the Jesse sighting at the wife totin’ race, I was surprised to see quite a few black people in the crowd.  Who knew Estonia was so diverse - couldn’t be a production ploy🙄

There's a been a long tradition since Soviet times of Eastern Bloc countries welcoming African students at their universities, so I don't have trouble believing that a capital city like Tallinn would have some diversity.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

His next sentence is that he's not confident.  And then....let me walk you to this black SUV with cameras inside.

and then he's somehow CONFUSED as to what's happened?

• Applause 2

I'm only 30 minutes in, but I am surprised he's not giving Jess the time of day. She's very naturally pretty and seems sweet. Out of all the girls, I could picture that being his type. 

I do think what Kat did was tacky, but Brooklyn was the annoying one in the situation. She just kept harping on it. Saying something to her once would have been enough. Also, she really needs to cut her hair.

Omg these sob stories. I know this is producer-driven because every single date has to have one, but it's enough already.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I'd like to see Ali in a bright green or yellow version of that silver dress she's wearing.

Ali's dress, which I would call greige or just whatever MEH would be as a color, was one of the ugliest dresses I have ever seen worn on this franchise.  It matches that horrible black bathing suit Kylee wore in looking uncomfortable and making the wearer look "trussed" like a chicken, plus it did absolutely nothing for her in terms of color/fit/fabric.

• Applause 3