Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Campfire Confessions

Kim going on about protecting the kids from her mother because she supposedly sold a story about them to the media....isn't that what Kim and Kroy are doing on this reality show?  It's all about putting the kids on display, in effect "selling them" to media.

Yes, but on the show Kim can control how much they film her kids and what is shown about them. Apparently the issue is that the girls didn't want it known that they had different fathers, and Kim's mom put that out there. Now that may not seem like a big deal to some - my sisters have a different dad than I do, and I don't really care. But for whatever reason the girls (I think mostly Brielle) wanted to keep that private, and their grandmother should have respected that. They didn't sign up for this show, their mother did. 

And did she say she didn't want to be lumped in with the help?  WTF?? Who exactly do you think you are???

I laughed so hard at that! I thought to myself, "You ARE the help!" But I do think Kim kind of blurs the lines between friendship and employee, so it's not surprising. That's not always a good thing, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for Kim. Hey, if she can have Sweetie help her out for two decades and still maintain a good friendship, I don't see a problem with it. Who better to trust with your kids than friends? I was a nanny once and I felt like I got so close to the family, but when they would have birthday parties or play dates I was suddenly treated very coldly and realized I wasn't really their "friend". It hurt a little bit, but I got over it. But I do kind of like how kind and generous Kim is with the women who work for her. And I only have one girlfriend where I live, the rest of the people I hang out with are my family. I don't think it's that weird. Kim has her good friend Jen. But when you settle down and get married things change. 

I'm sure Kroy's parents might have thought he'd marry a girl from Atlanta, but not the town floozy.  She must have been a shock to their systems.  I know some like her a lot, but would you be happy if your son brought her home?  I wouldn't have, and I would've done everything in my power to stop that relationship.

I just don't get that mentality. It only creates divides. Kim may have her trashy flaws, but she is not a murderer or a cannibal or anything. If it were my kid, I would bite my tongue and bide my time. Unless the woman did something awful to me or my grandbabies, I would try to get along for the sake of the family. My father cut me off when I married my husband, because he was a construction worker who had been in juvie when he was teenager. Never mind the fact that he was 34 when we got married and hadn't been in any trouble for almost 20 years. My dad thought he was shameful. So now we have three amazing kids he's never even met. It breaks my heart. I miss my family a lot. They assume a lot of things about him and us and haven't bothered to try to even get to know who we are as adults, as parents, etc. I just think it's all ridiculous. Obviously we have not heard their side, so this is all based on conjecture. And I can see Kim cutting HER parents off, because the things they said regarding the girls was cruel. But other than being embarrassing, what has Kim done to the Biermans that they would need to raise SUCH a fuss over?

Now, if it was just a matter of them saying negative things about Kim to Kroy, he should have just shut that down - not cut them off. I get wanting to stand up for your wife, but I would try to find some middle ground for the sake of the kids. I really wish we knew more about this, could hear from both sides. 

At any rate, these are just my opinions - how I would handle things. Obviously everyone does things in their own way, and I respect people for doing what they think is right for their family even if I don't agree. I just have a lot of hurt from basically being disowned, so it gets a bit personal to me. 

• Love 9

I just don't get that mentality. It only creates divides. Kim may have her trashy flaws, but she is not a murderer or a cannibal or anything. If it were my kid, I would bite my tongue and bide my time. Unless the woman did something awful to me or my grandbabies, I would try to get along for the sake of the family. My father cut me off when I married my husband, because he was a construction worker who had been in juvie when he was teenager. Never mind the fact that he was 34 when we got married and hadn't been in any trouble for almost 20 years. My dad thought he was shameful. So now we have three amazing kids he's never even met. It breaks my heart. I miss my family a lot. They assume a lot of things about him and us and haven't bothered to try to even get to know who we are as adults, as parents, etc. I just think it's all ridiculous. Obviously we have not heard their side, so this is all based on conjecture. And I can see Kim cutting HER parents off, because the things they said regarding the girls was cruel. But other than being embarrassing, what has Kim done to the Biermans that they would need to raise SUCH a fuss over?

Now, if it was just a matter of them saying negative things about Kim to Kroy, he should have just shut that down - not cut them off. I get wanting to stand up for your wife, but I would try to find some middle ground for the sake of the kids. I really wish we knew more about this, could hear from both sides. 

At any rate, these are just my opinions - how I would handle things. Obviously everyone does things in their own way, and I respect people for doing what they think is right for their family even if I don't agree. I just have a lot of hurt from basically being disowned, so it gets a bit personal to me. 

This issue seems to be hitting a personal nerve with those of us who may have similar situations in our families, including me.  My son got involved with his own "Kim".  I did try to talk him out of it, but he wasn't stupid enough to repeat our conversations to the woman.  I have two beautiful grandchildren that are my pride and joy.  I can't imagine not seeing them.  And you'd never know I don't love this woman like a long-lost daughter.  She's a vain, silly, spoiled thing, but I'm trying to love her for real.  I'm gonna tell myself she's not a murderer or a cannibal (that I know of)!

Aside from the issue of the estrangement, Kim and Kroy didn't have to discuss the parents on the show.  I know Kim has had issues with her Mom before.  Was whatever Kroy's parents said so bad that they deserved to be thrown under the bus on tv?  They're not online or in the media saying anything about Kim and Kroy.  But they had to drag them into it in public to suit their own purposes.

• Love 4

Smart woman...... I only have girls but, I tell all my friends with sons that no matter how they feel about their son's wife and the mother of their grandchildren, pretend that they are best friends with her because when a son marries, she will control the family and if they want to be a part of their lives, they will play nice with her.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

Despite her flaws, I do believe Kim truly loves Kroy. Kim is nothing if not the shrewdest golddigger on the planet. There's no way she would have popped out four babies for Kroy knowing it would hurt her chances of landing another Big Poppa should they divorce. Kroy makes decent money but he doesn't have a contract like a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Hell, he probably makes the least amount out of the guys Kim's dated in the last ten years.

Also, Kim has to be pulling in decent money from the show, so she is contributing to the household. When I was watching her on the Hard Knocks show, her personality was much more normal and toned down versus what we see on Don't Be Tardy. Maybe his parents don't understand that Bravo Kim is different than Regular Kim.

• Love 3

Shun's name just bugs.  S-h-u-n already spells a word in the English language, and it's not Sean.  Maybe her mother stuck her with it, and there you go.

It bugs me, too. At one point in an episode I heard Kroy call her something like "LaShonda" (I think that's how I remember my CC spelled it.) I wondered if her full name is actually spelled "LaShunda" but pronounced "LaShONda" so she spells her nickname "Shun" but pronounces it "Shon". Yeah, even if that's the thing it still bugs.

• Love 1

Also, Kim has to be pulling in decent money from the show, so she is contributing to the household. When I was watching her on the Hard Knocks show, her personality was much more normal and toned down versus what we see on Don't Be Tardy. Maybe his parents don't understand that Bravo Kim is different than Regular Kim.

Kim is a hustler.  She is always going to make sure she and her family are provided for.  If Kroy were injured permanently, for example, I see her working her hustle on TV, (rejoining RHOA, guest starring on other shows) versus dropping Kroy for another Big Poppa.  She was a mistress and worked that angle to her advantage.  Now, she is a wife and she makes her own money.  She will kill a bitch before she has to go back to being a mistress.

• Love 1

It bugs me, too. At one point in an episode I heard Kroy call her something like "LaShonda" (I think that's how I remember my CC spelled it.) I wondered if her full name is actually spelled "LaShunda" but pronounced "LaShONda" so she spells her nickname "Shun" but pronounces it "Shon". Yeah, even if that's the thing it still bugs.

When Kim called Shun to bring over some Louis luggage, I heard her say Kashundra.

So the Biermanns did not like that Kim came into the relationship with 2 children already.  I hope they get over that...Kroy made his decision and they have grandchildren to help raise.

That camping trip looked like a lot of fun.

And let's not forget that Kroy adopted Kim's 2 girls, so they are just as much the Biermann's grandchildren as the other four. Maybe it's something as simple (are familial relationships ever simple?) as them treating the girls differently. 

• Love 1

I think it was a nice gesture but a stupid move for Kroy to adopt Kim's kids. He's going to be on the hook for child support and health insurance as well as their college educations. I'm wondering if Kroy's parents expressed concern over that and Kroy blew it up into something else. 

His family seemed nice enough on the show, but I have known instances where stepkids were treated differently by the new parent's extended family, so it's not completely outside the realm of possibility.

• Love 1

You know, BitterApple, you may be on to something there. It might not have been the case that the Biermans didn't like Kim because she already had children, but perhaps they really expressed some concerns when Kroy was stating his intentions to legally adopt the girls. I can see that happening. And despite the fact that I think it was a wonderful thing for him to do, I can understand why his parents may not think it was a wise move on his part. 

• Love 5

Smart woman...... I only have girls but, I tell all my friends with sons that no matter how they feel about their son's wife and the mother of their grandchildren, pretend that they are best friends with her because when a son marries, she will control the family and if they want to be a part of their lives, they will play nice with her.

Sigh.  But does a ho have to straddle my son in front of me in a fucking bikini?  LOL   Thank god that passed.  I love his girlfriend now.  He apparently told her to be respectful around me.

Kroy seems to dig Kim.  Numerous times.  Bam~

I'll never understand it.

• Love 2

There are a couple of things I am willing to give Kim credit for.  One of them is that she does genuinely seem to love her children, and having been raised in a nightmare house where my parents were my biggest enemies, I think it must be SO nice to have a mom like Kim who is truly always on the side of her kids.  She's lazy, obnoxious, shallow, dumb, greedy and a whole lot of other things that I think are super gross, but I will admit that she seems to be a good parent even if she does pass more than half of the actual caregiving off to the help.

I can't get past the earlier season of RHoA when Kim left her (crying) young daughters to go on tour with Kandi.  That solidified to me that Kim is a greedy narcissist who only cares about herself.  Anyone can shit out a bunch of kids, but it takes a selfless person to parent and love them as they deserve.  A good parent also does not curse like a sailor and talk about their sex lives in front of children.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 5

BitterApple, I agree with your entire post.

The biggest problem I had with this episode was all the hypocrisy coming out of Kim's mouth. She has exiled her mother because her mother sold stories to the tabloids. But did Kim need to go into the reasons, and what was said/written, AGAIN? She's telling the world who may not have tuned in before that her daughters have different fathers and they didn't want people to know about it.

But it's OK for Kim to repeat it all on national TV. That's why I don't care for her or her tobacco-spitting husband. He will regret cutting out his family one day, I think.

• Love 2

My "family" cut me off over a child - a baby, for that matter.  Ridiculous hysteria abounded, but it was the first and only time I was completely clear and unwavering in my resolve, and it had nothing to do with old family crap, and everything to do with the best for that fucking baby (not a child of my loins, like that ever matters).  They came around after a few years - sort of.  It is complicated, but I go back to a moment in time when my eeevil stepdad tried to pull a nefarious on me & mine, and I told him : "You are in MY house.  Under MY roof, [Mom's] word is the Law, and I am the enforcer". He has never been without words, before or since that golden moment.

Bottom line - don't fuck with the animals or the kids - I'm going to circle the wagons and fight to the death to protect them from grownup crap - I just make sure they've never heard a bad word about anyone in their family coming from my foul mouth.  Ever.  (an astounding feat coming from the likes of moi!).  If I could advise them, I'd tell Kim & Kroy not to put it all out there for the kids to hear about - grownup conversation is for ... grownups.

• Love 2

I'd tell Kim & Kroy not to put it all out there for the kids to hear about - grownup conversation is for ... grownups.

This, a thousand times this. I know Kim and Kroy enjoy being on TV, but they should save some stuff for private off-camera time at home. And discussing the girls' fathers and the fact they didn't want people knowing about it is just cruel, in my eyes.

• Love 1

A good parent also does not curse like a sailor and talk about their sex lives in front of children.

I hate that Kim does this. Even more disappointed that Kroy thinks it's ok. When they first got married I though he was going to be the voice of reason and keep her grounded. Now he just seems to go with the flow and doesn't really care how crass she is. If anything, I think she has brought his inner redneck out in the open, with that huge wad of cud he keeps under his lip and all, so his parents need to get over themselves thinking he is better that she is. Once his football career is over it's going to be very interesting to see how long this relationship lasts.

• Love 1

I don't subscribe to the notion that Kim trapped Kroy.  If you believe what he said, he fell in love with her after their 2nd date.  Kroy is a pro football player and a former college athlete.  I can't believe Kim was the first professional man trap that he has encountered.

Kim was the first professional man trap that he encountered who had cameras following her around 24-7.  Kroy has proven to me to be as big a famewhore as Kim is.  I think he was enthralled with the fact that Kim was on a reality show and making big bucks of her own doing it.

• Love 4

Once his football career is over it's going to be very interesting to see how long this relationship lasts.

I gotta say, at this point I think they'll be together forever. Both of them seem to have an inner "hustler" sense, it just took longer for Kroy's to come out in the open. Hey, you gotta hustle to make it into the NFL, and by a fluke he's now on TWO reality shows. 

That whole thing of Kim losing $250,000.00 gambling (in one session!) seemed outrageous and either it's a lie, was "her" Bravo money, or was Big Poppa's money. I don't see Kroy letting her drop that kinda cash from HIS earnings. They probably have a little setup where they have "theirs and hers" accounts and he, being the traditional big man, supports the family (mortgage, utilities, cars, food, kids needs, etc.) while she gets to "play" with her earnings. I'd like to know how much Kim earns because doesn't she have some gig promoting a weight-loss shake? She probably also has one of those celebrity Twitter deals where she gets paid to promote. That girl won't let any cash go unclaimed if she can get her hands on it.

• Love 1