Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Campfire Confessions

During their family camping trip, Kim is forced to forgo her venti caramel macchiato for a fishing pole. She and Kroy face questions about their damaged relationships with their parents when a playful game of Truth or Dare turns into Campfire Confessions.

I didn't know Kroy no longer had contact with his family.

So the Biermanns did not like that Kim came into the relationship with 2 children already.  I hope they get over that...Kroy made his decision and they have grandchildren to help raise.

That camping trip looked like a lot of fun.

• Love 4

I don't think it's just that Kim had two children by prior relationships.  It's probably everything...Kim was a notorious golddigger involved with a married man while on a reality show.  Her behaviour is kind of trashy and so's her appearance and language.  I don't think Kroy's parents disowned him for marrying her.  It sounded like Kroy got offended that his family criticized her, and he cut off contact.

Kim going on about protecting the kids from her mother because she supposedly sold a story about them to the media....isn't that what Kim and Kroy are doing on this reality show?  It's all about putting the kids on display, in effect "selling them" to media. 

• Love 8

Wait, so Kim has a problem paying 35K for lawyer fees but not with spending thousands on gambling and Louis luggage?

Or she could've just allowed her parents to have visitation with their grandchildren and saved the lawyer's fees.  It's cruel what Kim and Kroy are doing to both sets of grandparents.

• Love 4

I don't think it's just that Kim had two children by prior relationships.  It's probably everything...Kim was a notorious golddigger involved with a married man while on a reality show.  Her behaviour is kind of trashy and so's her appearance and language.  I don't think Kroy's parents disowned him for marrying her.  It sounded like Kroy got offended that his family criticized her, and he cut off contact.

I think this too.   I always gave Kim a pass on her parents because of what we knew about their behavior.   But we saw Kroy's parents at the wedding, and pre-wedding, and things seemed fine.  So, I'm not understanding what could have caused the rift. Part of me thinks that if a family doesn't speak to either set of parents, then the problem just may not be with the parents. 

How sad for the kids, especially the younger ones.

• Love 7

Or she could've just allowed her parents to have visitation with their grandchildren and saved the lawyer's fees.  It's cruel what Kim and Kroy are doing to both sets of grandparents.

What her parents did was cruel. They trashed her and her kids to the press. They also only sued to see the girls. They didn't care about seeing the boys.

• Love 12

What her parents did was cruel. They trashed her and her kids to the press. They also only sued to see the girls. They didn't care about seeing the boys.

I don't really know what her parents may have said to the press but, whatever it was, was it more important than family?  I think that the lawsuit only involved the girls because those were the only kids the grandparents had an ongoing relationship with.

At any rate, the whole thing doesn't explain cutting Kroy's parents off.  I think Kim has Kroy right where she wants him...isolated from his family.  All he has now is her and their kids.  It's sad.

• Love 9

Kim could just get along with her parents and in laws for the sake of her kids. I call total BS on everything being her mom's fault. If you wanted them to have a relationship with their grandkids, you'd put shit aside, and do it for your kids. So sad that Kim chose fame over family. 

• Love 6

I would think Kroy's parents would want to be involved with their four biological grandchildren.  I can see that maybe his parents thought it was a bit much for Kroy at 27 to adopt two children.  (I thought it was wonderful.)  There must be a stubborn streak that runs through the senior Biermanns.  I can't imagine having my son having a serious injury and not wanting to be there for him.  Kim will always be in her children's lives so they need to get over it.  The four toddlers are adorable.  As for Kim's parents-selling stories to the tabloids was pretty much unforgivable.  Brielle turns 18 pretty soon -if her relationship with her grandparents is important she can pursue it.

• Love 14

In my world, grandparents have NO rights.  Blunt and rude as this may seem, I do not honor the notion of "family" in the biological sense.  Your right to fuck with kids ends when your own kids reach adulthood (or CPS intervenes, whichever comes first) - from then on, you control nothing except your own behavior.  If that chaps your hide so much, I suggest you have or adopt another child to raise yourself and get it right, or wait 18 years and hope the the grandkids are more accepting and forgiving than their parents were.   (I meant "they" when I said "you", by the way).

This whole hand wringing and pearl clutching about the sacred poor parents and the tragedy of damaged family relationships is ridiculously exhausting - I'm ready for a Solo cup'a'vodka and a smoke, fer christsakes.  Families sometimes suck the big brown bear.

• Love 17

That grandparent topic discussion led me astray.  I totally forgot to mention how much I LOVED KroyDaddy fishing with his son.  There was a time in my life where that kind of shit might have made even these barren loins drop an egg or two.

Much as I love my old Mum and dearly departed Grandparents, there's a leetle part of me that wouldn't mind being parented by these two loveable lunkheads, in another universe.  I suspect I'd have been better adjusted much earlier in life, and if not, I would've had a fun childhood with K+K at the helm of the ship of fools!  :-D

ETA: Fatherless in the Fifties, Bad Stepdad, lifelong Daddy issues - if you hadn't already figured that one out yourselves.  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 9

Grandparents may have no rights in your world, but they do have legal rights in every state in the USA, although the laws vary.  Yes, families can sometimes suck, but you don't just throw them away because they may have criticized your spouse.  If they were just not speaking to one or the other set of grandparents, maybe I could think there's justification for that.  But what the hell did Kroy's mom do?  We saw them on the show, and his mom was getting along with Kim and said, "I know you love her and I'm sure I'll love her, too."  What went wrong?

I think the problem lies with Kim and Kroy, and that's a shame.  When the money and fame are gone, and they will be someday, family will still be there.  Except in this case, by Kim and Kroy's choice.

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 5

We don't know what Kroy's parents said or did though. Also, grandparents have rights to a certain extent, but obviously Kim's mom wasn't granted visitation with girls. It sounds like Kim has had problems with her mom for years, and then her dad trashed Kim, and embarrassed her girls all for money.

• Love 7

Eh, toxic is as toxic does.  I doubt the familial rifts are simple or represented by this show.  Sometimes the only way you can deal with family shit is to draw a line in the sand and lay low for a while.  Children don't need the drama, and if other family members bring it, their rights fly outta my window and their asses get the boot.  I'm all about keeping the kids away from passive aggressive grownups' reindeer games, and I hope K+K  are, too.  Evil Kim forcing poor Kroy to abolish his family seems like a stretch, to me, as does Kim hating her Mom for no reason  - I think there's a lot more to all the stories.

• Love 9

Lawd ha' mercy. I accidentally turned on Bravo, and Big Pig was on with her incessant complaining about the camping. I had to RUSH to turn it off because my friend's little six-year old was here. My God. I always knew that Big Pig was a nasty gold-digging, foul-mouthed hog, but until I had a child in the house, it never hit me how heinous she actually is. I just couldn't leave that on with a baby in the house. And there's Big Pig spouting off with all the profanities, sex talk, and just general sounding like a trailer monkey in front of ALL the paychecks she's calved. Good God. I can't help but feel for Kroy's parents. He seems to really get a kick out of Big Pig, but I imagine his parents NEVER in a million years expected a hog like this in their son's life, calving paychecks at every turn. Those poor, poor people. <Smh> Like the old Montana saying goes, "You can't make a ho into a housewife." Oh wait...

• Love 6

I think the problem lies with all parties.  We don't know what happened between the time K+K got married and today.  Kroy seems like a hands on Dad with a lot of common sense.  Given that he values his own family, I suspect it was a big deal for him to stop talking to his parents/family.  Kroy is opinionated and has his own mind so I can see how he cut off ties, but I don't think it will last too long.  Here is where common sense (and wisdom) from his parents could end the stalemate by backing down, apologizing for whatever perceived slight, and focusing on the children.

If they are so concerned about Kim, its a stupid idea not to go along and get along for the sake of the grandchildren.

Evil Kim forcing poor Kroy to abolish his family seems like a stretch, to me, as does Kim hating her Mom for no reason  - I think there's a lot more to all the stories.

I don't subscribe to the notion that Kim trapped Kroy.  If you believe what he said, he fell in love with her after their 2nd date.  Kroy is a pro football player and a former college athlete.  I can't believe Kim was the first professional man trap that he has encountered.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 8

Once "your precious son" marries what you think is a pig/whore/slutcunt, she is his wife, your daughter-in-law, and the mother of your grandchildren, allegedly, so perhaps discretion is the better part of valor?  Sly and backstabbing attempts to undermine the relationship or hurry along its inevitable (in your mind) demise is not good for the kids, so adults need to man the fuck up and take one for the team.  Family stuff is deeply rooted and takes a lifetime - many rifts are healed with time or distance, some are never resolved - but the kids are blameless and shouldn't be exposed to too much negativity (if that's even the issue - I have no fucking clue what the real problem is with the in-laws, and neither does anyone but them & K+K).  For now the kids seem happy and loved, and that's fine by me.

• Love 9

A man chooses who his new family will be when he becomes an adult..and I admire Kroy for honoring his commitment to his wife. Unless a big altercation took place, we can only speculate that his parents' problem with Kim has to do with why we all don't like her..but, well, everyone has their faults. I do think that Kim is very devoted to her family and a good mother and wife.

• Love 6

Speculation or not, Kim and Kroy could sit on the sofa in my living room and earnestly explain to me all the sad, terrible ways Kroy's family were "mean" to Kim, wrongly judgmental of her, unfair to her, for 6 hours straight, and I will never believe that it is anything other than they were shocked and horrified to see who Kroy decided to marry, then they got to know her in person and found her to be even worse than they initially thought, they expressed their feelings and possibly said something about Kroy not bringing Kim around if he wants to visit his family, so he and Kim "decided together" to cut them off the same way she cut off her parents.  No way is it as simple as "they didn't like the fact that Kim already had two children so we had to cut them out of our lives".  No chance. I'll bet 5 years ago Kroy would have never believed that he would one day not be in contact with his family, especially once he had children of his own.  It's mind boggling the number of ways Kim has changed him in such a short time. 

There are a couple of things I am willing to give Kim credit for.  One of them is that she does genuinely seem to love her children, and having been raised in a nightmare house where my parents were my biggest enemies, I think it must be SO nice to have a mom like Kim who is truly always on the side of her kids.  She's lazy, obnoxious, shallow, dumb, greedy and a whole lot of other things that I think are super gross, but I will admit that she seems to be a good parent even if she does pass more than half of the actual caregiving off to the help.

The other thing I will give her credit for is whatever power it is that she wields over men.  I can't see it, but maybe that's because I am a straight woman.  Perhaps she's got a magical vagina.  I can't imagine sex with her could truly be more spectacular than with any other women out there, so there is definitely an It Factor she possesses that convinces men with money to hand it over to her to spend insanely on whatever frivolous bullshit she wants.  I suppose on some level that's a talent, and I usually admire people with talents, so I suppose I should admire this even if it's a perplexing talent that disgusts me a bit.

I see Kroy as this really good man who was raised by a loving family to be down to earth and solid.  He had the world in his hands, the brightest future ahead and when the time came to choose a partner to share it all with, he chose......Kim. I remember my heart broke for his family during the season of the wedding, because I could see all over their faces what they were thinking, and how helpless they were to do anything about the disaster they saw coming.  To me, this is proof that we truly can't win if our hearts desperately want someone who is bad for us.  When you are drawn to someone so strongly that you just want to drown in them, or in their wigs, as the case may be, then logic flies totally out the window.  I have been there, I do get it, but it's still frustrating to watch such a good man wasting (in my perception) his best years and losing tons of money to this vile woman who has so few redeeming qualities.  I just feel like there was some better woman out there for him who wouldn't end up putting him in the poor house by the age of 40 if only he hadn't met Kim and veered totally off course.  I agree with whomever said upthread that Kim probably jumped at the chance to convince Kroy to cut off contact with his family, because that only secures her clutches on him tighter.  She holds all the influence over him now, and that's exactly how she likes it.

What I like about this show is those Biermann babies who are absolutely adorable and sweet.  I'm glad that out of all this, Kroy got 4 precious kids.  And Kim's girls are okay, too, they aren't the assholic little snots you see on so many reality shows.  Considering the materialism and weak morals they have been raised to witness their whole lives, those girls could be a LOT worse.  I feel bad that all I see for their future is divorce and financial ruin, thanks to Kim, and I could be totally wrong, but just the fact that Kim continues to employ a fucking STYLIST????? at this point is just too ridiculous for me to believe she is the kind of person anyone could really spend their golden years with and not want to strangle her to death.

Speaking of stylists, that woman Shun?  First of all, that is not how you spell Shawn/Sean/Shaun, so stop pronouncing it that way.  Second, she always looks terrible, like she just blew in on a windstorm.  Third, I wish she had never gone on the camping trip at all if she wasn't going to do anything other than sit in a chair and demand that someone bring her food.  And did she say she didn't want to be lumped in with the help?  WTF?? Who exactly do you think you are???  Fourth, Kim said Shun is one of her best friends, as is Sweetie.  Is there something really, very wrong with referring to your employees as your closest friends?  Because I feel like there is.  The only other friend I can think of not on Kim's payroll is the woman who was recently shown pregnant at Kim's house for her baby shower.  I am normally very leery of women who don't have at least a small group of close, real friends.  In Kim's case, I am not at all surprised that this is the case.

Bringing one, much less two wigs camping was beyond stupid.  Also, that camping experience turned out to be enjoyable for Kim because it was a top of the line experience.  Obviously, the whole campground area had been rented out so there were no other people around.  Basic camping usually doesn't include your own fishing dock and leveled, gravel area for sitting around the campfire.  Everything was deluxe, everyone else did the work (sorry, Kim helping to fix up plates after Kroy did the cooking doesn't count to me as real helping), and Kim could just sit on her ass and enjoy all the good parts of camping without any of the bad.  Coming around to that particular camping experience does not make her a good sport.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 7

The other thing I will give her credit for is whatever power it is that she wields over men.  I can't see it, but maybe that's because I am a straight woman.  Perhaps she's got a magical vagina.  I can't imagine sex with her could truly be more spectacular than with any other women out there, so there is definitely an It Factor she possesses that convinces men with money to hand it over to her to spend insanely on whatever frivolous bullshit she wants.  I suppose on some level that's a talent, and I usually admire people with talents, so I suppose I should admire this even if it's a perplexing talent that disgusts me a bit.

This fascinates me about Kim as well.  Girl snagged a guy five years her junior who has a good job and an interest in having a family.  She is a master at her craft.

I don't know that Kim is slovenly or lazy.  I get the feeling that a lot of what we see is a put on for the camera.  For example, I think the wigs are her gimmick.  It makes no sense that she would maintain real hair (cut, color) and wear wigs.  Given how much fast food Kim appears to eat, she should have been big as a house long ago, but she was slim and trim when she started RHOA which suggests to me that she has a diet and exercise regime, but she is playing the part of the alcohol swilling, cigarette smokin, junk food eatin slag for our viewing pleasure.  Of course, YMMV.

I don't see Kim as having all of the power in the relationship.  She has made comments about her looks and how she needs to keep her husband happy.  Note that when she has made these comments, Kroy never said "babe you look fine, don't change a thing."  I suspect that Kroy has a lot of power in the relationship as well.  If he does not like the overspending and/or children running amok, he will use his ace in the hole (a younger, hotter blonde) to get Kim back in line.

• Love 5

I suspect that Kroy has a lot of power in the relationship as well.  If he does not like the overspending and/or children running amok, he will use his ace in the hole (a younger, hotter blonde) to get Kim back in line.

Good point, I wonder if Kroy would play dirty like this against Kim. Heh, maybe the whole story is that he isn't quite as enamored by Kim as she is by him. Maybe the comment about what she would be doing for Kroy in the bedroom to earn those Louie bags wasn't so far off, the look on his face said a lot. I don't doubt Kim is a freak in the bedroom.

• Love 1

If Kroy's parents aren't seeing their grand kids because they don't want to be around Kim, then that's their own fault. I also have a hard time believing that Kroy took some horrible wrong turn when he married Kim. If they expected him to marry some small town girl, who would be exactly like they are, when he's an NFL player, living in Atlanta, then Kroy's family isn't living in reality. Kim clearly loves their son very much, and she's a good mom to their grand kids. They don't have to like Kim, but I would think they would at least support him, and want a relationship with their grand children. 

Also, Shun's name might not be spelled the normal way, but why would they stop pronouncing it "Sean/Shawn," if that's clearly how she wants it pronounced?

• Love 2

I am normally very leery of women who don't have at least a small group of close, real friends.

What about introverts? Some people don't enjoy socializing, it stresses them out so they have very small circles.....sometimes only their husbands or children. Usually they are the most trustworthy people IME.

• Love 11

If Kroy's parents aren't seeing their grand kids because they don't want to be around Kim, then that's their own fault. I also have a hard time believing that Kroy took some horrible wrong turn when he married Kim. If they expected him to marry some small town girl, who would be exactly like they are, when he's an NFL player, living in Atlanta, then Kroy's family isn't living in reality. Kim clearly loves their son very much, and she's a good mom to their grand kids. They don't have to like Kim, but I would think they would at least support him, and want a relationship with their grand children. 

Also, Shun's name might not be spelled the normal way, but why would they stop pronouncing it "Sean/Shawn," if that's clearly how she wants it pronounced?

I'm sure Kroy's parents might have thought he'd marry a girl from Atlanta, but not the town floozy.  She must have been a shock to their systems.  I know some like her a lot, but would you be happy if your son brought her home?  I wouldn't have, and I would've done everything in my power to stop that relationship.  It might already have been too late, though, since Kim got pregnant early.  Funny that...she never got pregnant all the years with Big Poppa, but seemingly couldn't stop herself with Kroy.

Shun's name just bugs.  S-h-u-n already spells a word in the English language, and it's not Sean.  Maybe her mother stuck her with it, and there you go.

• Love 2

I myself am an introvert, but I keep in contact with my close friends who I've had for years, some of them since grade school, even though I don't pay them.  I've got no problem with introverted people, but Kim is no introvert, and I have known a few women in my life who were also not introverts and had no real girlfriends to speak of because they were narcissistic and generally awful to be around.  It is notable that these women also did not, and still do not, have relationships with men that last more time than it takes for the men to get a good taste of their real personality. This is why I give Kim credit for having mystical powers that keep men around even though she exhibits a lot of qualities that would send men running from other women.

• Love 3

I myself am an introvert, but I keep in contact with my close friends who I've had for years, some of them since grade school, even though I don't pay them.  I've got no problem with introverted people, but Kim is no introvert, and I have known a few women in my life who were also not introverts and had no real girlfriends to speak of because they were narcissistic and generally awful to be around.  It is notable that these women also did not, and still do not, have relationships with men that last more time than it takes for the men to get a good taste of their real personality. This is why I give Kim credit for having mystical powers that keep men around even though she exhibits a lot of qualities that would send men running from other women.

This is the mystery of Kim.  What does she have that draws the men to her?  She's no beauty in my opinion.  She does have a small waist and large bosom.  Is that all it takes?  Perhaps she exudes some pheromone that makes her irresistible, because there's just no explaining it.

• Love 2

I'm sure Kroy's parents might have thought he'd marry a girl from Atlanta, but not the town floozy.  She must have been a shock to their systems.  I know some like her a lot, but would you be happy if your son brought her home?  I wouldn't have, and I would've done everything in my power to stop that relationship.  It might already have been too late, though, since Kim got pregnant early.  Funny that...she never got pregnant all the years with Big Poppa, but seemingly couldn't stop herself with Kroy.

Shun's name just bugs.  S-h-u-n already spells a word in the English language, and it's not Sean.  Maybe her mother stuck her with it, and there you go.

I would hardly call Kim the town floozy, and above anything else, I would want my son to be happy, and Kroy is clearly very happy with Kim, and their kids. Kroy's family seems very sheltered, and if they automatically dislike anyone who isn't what they wanted for their son, then the problem lies with them. Kim certainly isn't for everyone, but If Kroy's parents want to have a relationship with their son and their grand children, then maybe they should stop being so judgmental, and realize their son is a grown man, who can make their own decisions. 

Also, this implication that Kim trapped Kroy is ridiculous. She didn't force him to sleep with her, and she didn't force him to have unprotected sex. It takes two to tango.

• Love 8

So far, I've seen no footage of Kroy's family explaining that it is their choice not to be in his life anymore.  All I have seen is Kroy and Kim agreeing that they decided to cut them off due to their judgments and opinions of Kim. Until they are shown specifically saying so, I don't have any reason to think that Kroy's family is on the other side of this proclaiming, "We don't want to see our son or grandchildren at all if Kim is in their lives."   

Kim said his family came out from Montana and spent 10 days in Atlanta getting to know her better.  This did not change their feelings about her, and I can't fault them for that.  Once the babies started rolling in, we don't know if they asked to come see them and were told they aren't welcome, or what.  If they are given an ultimatum that they must love and accept Kim into their hearts and spend time with her while pasting smiles on their faces and agreeing with her every time she says, "DAMN I'M GOOD LOOKING!!"  if they ever want to see those grandchildren, then I see blame on both sides. 

It's all about compromise.  We have done it in our family - there are people who hate other people and refuse to be in the same room with them, so holidays can be tricky, but arrangements are made so that those who wish to see each other can do so.  In one instance, the wife of my deceased brother in law is a horrible person, and is actually like Kim in so many ways (and happens to be a big fan of Kim's, go figure), which includes spending all $2.5 million of his death settlement on vacations, 2 boob jobs (first one she decided they weren't big enough), a tummy tuck after she had the baby that was conceived with a guy she met at a bar 2 months after her husband was killed, adding rooms on to the house, putting in a pool and Jacuzzi, cars, boats, jet skis, you name it.  Only whoops, she forgot to pay off the house, so after putting about $100K of improvements into it, the money ran out and it was foreclosed upon.  She did all of this while she was supposed to be raising their 2 sons, and never even got them the braces they both needed.  We bought their school supplies while she was busy spending millions on herself.  Those of us on the husband's side of the family want nothing to do with her (for many additional, horrid, disgusting reasons on top of those), and so we see the boys through other means.  They are taken to an agreed upon place, and we can all see them.  It works.  If Kroy wanted to, he could find a way for his family to at the very least see the children, but since that hasn't happened, I'm not seeing that it's all on his family to make it work. 

• Love 2

No argument about that!

His parents and sister came to the wedding and were there when KJ was born.  Suddenly, ALL OF THEM aren't good enough for Kim and Kroy?  And doesn't Kim have a sister too?  Suddenly, no one IN EITHER FAMILY is good enough for Kim?

Funny, Kim had no problem with her parents when they were lending her money and watching her kids every day and fixing up her house and car and now that she's married to Mr. BigBucks, suddenly they're not good enough for her? I suspect that when Kroy's money runs out -- probably within the next 5 years -- and he declares bankruptcy (just like the other 72% of ex-NFL players) there will be massive reconciliations with BOTH sets of parents.  

And by the way, she IS the town floozy.  Children with three different men and a well-known affair with a MARRIED man … 

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 6

And by the way, she IS the town floozy.  Children with three different men and a well-known affair with a MARRIED man …

Yikes - I guess I was a floozy back in the day (minus the children part), but I prefer to refer to myself as a former serial monogamist (after a brief foray into slutdom).   :-)

• Love 8

So every woman that has children with multiple men, is a floozy, which is just a nice word for slut? Kim has a lot of faults, but having kids with different men doesn't make her a bad person or a slut. Didn't Brielle's father go to jail or something as well? What was she supposed to do, never have kids again? 

• Love 4

When I used the word "floozy", I wasn't referring to her children, but to her affairs with married men that go back to the age of 17 and continued through her nursing career.  I'm a retired nurse, and I used to hang out on message boards for nurses.  There was some talk about Kim there.  Doesn't mean it's true, but her past actions tend to lend validity to the accusations. 

I could embrace a reformed floozy, though.  Unless she breaks up her husband's relationship with his family, and then talks about them on tv.  They're not bad-mouthing her anywhere in public, so why make the estrangement a storyline---to shame them?

• Love 2

I wanted to clear something up.   This is of course, family law and state specific but it is untrue that a grandparents’ entitlement to be in their grandchild’s life is a right, that’s what most assume.  It’s actually a legal privilege.   The primary principle guiding that privilege is made by something called a best interest determination.    But it’s made backwards.   The court asks “how it would be detrimental to a child not to have contact with their grandparents.”  If the custodial parent can satisfy a family court judge that their child would be negatively affected by their relationship with their grandparent(s), they are not entitled to this privilege. 

Been debating jumping in here because I know more about this than I should.  Forgive me if you’ve heard the details before (I shared this on TWOP).  7 years ago my parents sued me for full custody and child support of my daughter.    Ten minutes into court, the Judge said you can’t have custody of any kind, you haven’t even come close to proving her unfit (the standard for awarding custody to a non-biological parent).   Tell me why you’re here.   They said, she (me) was denying us access to our granddaughter and we just wanted to teach her a lesson.    Judge looked down at her notes then up at me and said:  where’d the baby (my daughter) spend Halloween?  I said with my parents Your Honor, she was there for the weekend.    Then she stated more than asked them, you filed an order for full custody…and visitation…on the Friday of the weekend that your granddaughter was at your house?    If it’s not too late to make a long story short, the end of it is.   My parents received no custody but the minimum amount of visitation they were entitled to by law.     Since they don’t take losses well, they tried again 3 years ago by calling CPS and alleging my kid was being sexually abused and that I was literally, standing by watching. 

Apologies, my point here is that as diplomatically as can be said, there are absolutely circumstances that require a mother to say fuck that, fuck you and fuck everything you’ve been up until this point, because if you come for my children, all bets are off.    In my humble opinion, and as someone who has also spent two years of tuition in legal fees, I submit that whatever Kim’s voluntary expenses are, are her business, that's what she chose to spend money on.   Her point was that nobody has the right to force you to blow a ton of cash to prove that you have the right to raise your children.

By the way, for Kim’s parents not to have even been granted supervised visitation, means the legal system has to have found that they are as vile as she’s described.   Selling stories to the media about the girls having two different fathers and this even being news, is pretty eligible.  They’re assholes and she’s got every right not to have her kids exposed to them no matter who they are.    I don’t know if anybody was a fan of tardy for the wedding, but in retrospect, you can absolutely see the shades of passive aggression and control issues that were Kim’s mom’s specialty then.    

As for Kroy, like ya’ll I can only guess as to what happened there but what I can say with confidence is that if they had ever uttered any disparaging version of :  no wonder her parents don’t speak to her, yeah, that’s an instant fuck you too and I for one, big him up for standing by his wife.   From his TH though, something, as was said upthread, gave me the impression that it’s also temporary.

sorry for the novel.

eta: paragraph breaks are my friend.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 9
I could embrace a reformed floozy, though.  Unless she breaks up her husband's relationship with his family, and then talks about them on tv.  They're not bad-mouthing her anywhere in public, so why make the estrangement a storyline---to shame them?

Is Kroy some helpless person here, who can't make any decisions on his own? If Kroy's not speaking to his parents, then that's a decision he, as a grown man, made. Kroy isn't totally powerless against Kim. He's not some innocent guy who's been trapped by big, bad evil Kim.

• Love 5

Kim is vulgar, but she's not a bad person. It's sad that neither Kim nor Kroy speak to their parents. At least Kroy is his own man.

I don't know about that. She was a mistress to a man who had a wife and kids. It was rumored that Brielle's father was married as well. She screwed Kandi out of tens of thousands of dollars in royalties when Kandi took that pile of shit that was Don't Be Tardy and turned it into a really cool song. Kim is a user through and through. I don't blame Kroy's parents for not being thrilled with her. Is it worth causing a huge rift and not seeing your grandchildren? No, not by any means but I can understand where they're coming from.

For the record it was Ariana's father who went jail for having sex with a fifteen year-old girl. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6

I didn't know Kroy no longer had contact with his family.

This is exactly why I came here to see.  I didn't understand.  Is he talking about HIS family her family?

I wanted to clear something up.   This is of course, family law and state specific but it is untrue that a grandparents’ entitlement to be in their grandchild’s life is a right, that’s what most assume.  It’s actually a legal privilege.   The primary principle guiding that privilege is made by something called a best interest determination.    But it’s made backwards.   The court asks “how it would be detrimental to a child not to have contact with their grandparents.”  If the custodial parent can satisfy a family court judge that their child would be negatively affected by their relationship with their grandparent(s), they are not entitled to this privilege. 

Been debating jumping in here because I know more about this than I should.  Forgive me if you’ve heard the details before (I shared this on TWOP).  7 years ago my parents sued me for full custody and child support of my daughter.    Ten minutes into court, the Judge said you can’t have custody of any kind, you haven’t even come close to proving her unfit (the standard for awarding custody to a non-biological parent).   Tell me why you’re here.   They said, she (me) was denying us access to our granddaughter and we just wanted to teach her a lesson.    Judge looked down at her notes then up at me and said:  where’d the baby (my daughter) spend Halloween?  I said with my parents Your Honor, she was there for the weekend.    Then she stated more than asked them, you filed an order for full custody…and visitation…on the Friday of the weekend that your granddaughter was at your house?    If it’s not too late to make a long story short, the end of it is.   My parents received no custody but the minimum amount of visitation they were entitled to by law.     Since they don’t take losses well, they tried again 3 years ago by calling CPS and alleging my kid was being sexually abused and that I was literally, standing by watching. 

Apologies, my point here is that as diplomatically as can be said, there are absolutely circumstances that require a mother to say fuck that, fuck you and fuck everything you’ve been up until this point, because if you come for my children, all bets are off.    In my humble opinion, and as someone who has also spent two years of tuition in legal fees, I submit that whatever Kim’s voluntary expenses are, are her business, that's what she chose to spend money on.   Her point was that nobody has the right to force you to blow a ton of cash to prove that you have the right to raise your children.

By the way, for Kim’s parents not to have even been granted supervised visitation, means the legal system has to have found that they are as vile as she’s described.   Selling stories to the media about the girls having two different fathers and this even being news, is pretty eligible.  They’re assholes and she’s got every right not to have her kids exposed to them no matter who they are.    I don’t know if anybody was a fan of tardy for the wedding, but in retrospect, you can absolutely see the shades of passive aggression and control issues that were Kim’s mom’s specialty then.    

As for Kroy, like ya’ll I can only guess as to what happened there but what I can say with confidence is that if they had ever uttered any disparaging version of :  no wonder her parents don’t speak to her, yeah, that’s an instant fuck you too and I for one, big him up for standing by his wife.   From his TH though, something, as was said upthread, gave me the impression that it’s also temporary.

sorry for the novel.

eta: paragraph breaks are my friend.

I would say "fuck that" too.  Sorry sweet thing!  I'm all for loving thy parents, but don't fuck with me and my kid. 

• Love 3
This is exactly why I came here to see.  I didn't understand.  Is he talking about HIS family her family?

First, they discussed that Kim has not had contact with her parents since the lawsuit, and that she does not miss her mom.  Then, they discussed why Kroy is no longer in contact with his, and the first reason they gave was that his parents didn't like that Kim already had two children.  They went on further to say that his family had been judgmental and said things about Kim that he didn't like.  So they don't speak to parents on either side of the family, and with Kroy it sounded like more than just his parents that he had cut off.

• Love 3

First, they discussed that Kim has not had contact with her parents since the lawsuit, and that she does not miss her mom.  Then, they discussed why Kroy is no longer in contact with his, and the first reason they gave was that his parents didn't like that Kim already had two children.  They went on further to say that his family had been judgmental and said things about Kim that he didn't like.  So they don't speak to parents on either side of the family, and with Kroy it sounded like more than just his parents that he had cut off.

Oh.  Wow.  Just tell them to be respectful Kroy!  I don't like my SIL but I'm respectful because of my brother.  Even when I wanted to throw her in the pool when she got drunk and told my brother "just go eat another pint of ice cream!"  The look on my bro's face was hurtful to look at.  Instead, I spilled my entire glass of wine on her ugly jacket.  Of course, by accident, in case they have hidden cameras.  She probably thought she did it herself. 

The comment about Kim already having two kids, must hurt the two kids.  They shouldn't be discussing that with them.  Later, yes.  Now, no.  I'm all for protecting your kids.  While their popping out more kids.  However, I believe to let kids be kids and keep them out of talks like that around a camp fire.  I want to go visit my parents now ;)

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Then, they discussed why Kroy is no longer in contact with his, and the first reason they gave was that his parents didn't like that Kim already had two children.  They went on further to say that his family had been judgmental and said things about Kim that he didn't like.

They seemed to welcome the girls when they visited during the wedding and brought them gifts.  I wonder if HE heard what his parents said, or if KIM told him.  I bet the second.  Kim is deeply, deeply afraid that Kroy will want to move back to Montana once his career ends, which will be very soon.  What better way to prevent that than by convincing him his parents are against her??  Again, they showed up at KJ's birth AND the wedding.

• Love 4

Was it the fact she had two kids or the fact that she had two kids out of wedlock by two different men, had a lengthy affair with a married man and got knocked up with KJ two months into her relationship with Kroy? I don't think Brielle and Arianna are the the issue, I think it's Kim's complete lack of character that's the issue.

• Love 10

Oh.  Wow.  Just tell them to be respectful Kroy!

I did not get the feeling that they had been estranged long or that they will be estranged long.  Kroy seemed to be mad, but I think there is room for cooler heads to prevail.  Kroy enjoys family too much to be mad at them long.  Its not to Kim's advantage to keep Kroy from his family if she wants him.  He is going to want his mom's cooking sooner or later and its best that she work hard at building that bridge. 

• Love 1