Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

ABC has put out a sneak peek of Charity's men on their Bachelorette Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBachelorette/photos/pcb.10162939955497846/10162939953382846

And Reality Steve has been posting their info on his Twitter account once he identifies their last names.

Judging from photos alone, it's a decent looking group. I can already picture some of them on BIP hooking up with Zach's rejects. 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I admit I know nothing about Charity other than her skin color and that she is attractive and is educated. That said, I'm pretty confident that Charity's suitors are a better fit for her than Rachel Lindsay's group was for Rachel. With Rachel, I think they scrambled to cast sufficient men of color, with color taking precedence over age and maybe other considerations. Thus, 30-year-old Rachel had only a handful of men who were her age or older. Some were several years younger and probably not at the same phase of life as she was at. I found that very disappointing. Fortunately, among the more age-appropriate guys there were Peter and Bryan, and she married Bryan.

I like that there is some Asian representation in this cast. (Warwick is really cute.)  The photos really don't do justice to a lot of this cast, though; I will need to see them in action to better assess them. If there was a hair stylist for this meet-the-cast shoot, that person should be replaced, because most of them look greasy and in need of a haircut or hair styling.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, adhoc said:

The photos really don't do justice to a lot of this cast, though; I will need to see them in action to better assess them. If there was a hair stylist for this meet-the-cast shoot, that person should be replaced, because most of them look greasy and in need of a haircut or hair styling.

I think these photos are all personal ones the men had posted on their social media accounts. Once the producers finalize the cast (sometimes they add or subtract a person or two) then they will shoot the formal show portraits that are always featured on the regular ABC website page.

I agree that it's hard to tell how anyone really looks from their photo. Some people are not photogenic.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

ABC has put out a sneak peek of Charity's men on their Bachelorette Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBachelorette/photos/pcb.10162939955497846/10162939953382846

And Reality Steve has been posting their info on his Twitter account once he identifies their last names.

AGE BREAKDOWN

24 - 2

25 - 1

26 - 2

27 - 5

28 - 4

29 - 3

30 - 4

31 - 1

32 - 2

33 - 3

34 - 0

35 - 1

36 - 0

37 - 0

38 - 1

Charity is 27 years old.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, phlebas said:

Okay, internet -- get to work identifying the problematic ones, since ABC doesn't do their own vetting!

I hope they put the DE&I lady from the Women Tell All episode on retainer to do the vetting for them.

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, phlebas said:

If they're already filming, could that have been part of the reason the job went to Charity instead of Ariel/Gabi/Kaity?

I would think that the early filming is probably why Charity rather than Ariel went home at 4.  If they wanted Ariel they would have told him to flip it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

The destinations will be Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington; New Orleans, Louisiana and Fiji.

Aren't there usually multiple international destinations (save for the seasons filmed during the pandemic)? Doesn't sound like TPTB are going all out for Charity. Portland/Vancouver also sounds a bit underwhelming. There are good hiking and nature spots in the area, plus a decent food scene in the city, but it's hard to believe that anyone would be itching to travel there.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Aren't there usually multiple international destinations (save for the seasons filmed during the pandemic)? Doesn't sound like TPTB are going all out for Charity. Portland/Vancouver also sounds a bit underwhelming. There are good hiking and nature spots in the area, plus a decent food scene in the city, but it's hard to believe that anyone would be itching to travel there.

That was my thought too! And it's Vancouver, Washington (yes, there is such a place, right across the Columbia River from Portland) and not Vancouver, Canada!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, deSchenke said:

And it's Vancouver, Washington (yes, there is such a place, right across the Columbia River from Portland)

Best known for being a tax shelter. If you live in WA you don't pay state income tax, and if you shop in OR you don't pay sales tax. In other words, the perfect place to fall in love! 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 3/7/2023 at 10:05 PM, dizzyd said:

Don’t see why Charity has to be the lead for them to get a black male contestant. And why does he have to be either black or white or a mix of the 2? Why not Asian or Hispanic or any other ethnicity that makes up our enormous country? And whatever happened to the senior season they keep talking about? Ahh, I really shouldn’t care but apparently I’m almost as grouchy about this pick as I was about Clayton. 

Also why must they all have the same bodies.  Women have breast implants unless they are naturally above a C cup.  Over 25 yrs old and already messing with their faces.  You can’t tell them apart until half of them are gone.  
The guys always have muscles not too big not too small.  Otherwise the standards are lower than the women’s. 
Not just ethnicity, they need to mix it up in all ways, a bigger variety would be much more interesting.  Now they are pretty much interchangeable.  

On 3/18/2023 at 8:28 PM, adhoc said:

I admit I know nothing about Charity other than her skin color and that she is attractive and is educated. That said, I'm pretty confident that Charity's suitors are a better fit for her than Rachel Lindsay's group was for Rachel. With Rachel, I think they scrambled to cast sufficient men of color, with color taking precedence over age and maybe other considerations. Thus, 30-year-old Rachel had only a handful of men who were her age or older. Some were several years younger and probably not at the same phase of life as she was at. I found that very disappointing. Fortunately, among the more age-appropriate guys there were Peter and Bryan, and she married Bryan.

I like that there is some Asian representation in this cast. (Warwick is really cute.)  The photos really don't do justice to a lot of this cast, though; I will need to see them in action to better assess them. If there was a hair stylist for this meet-the-cast shoot, that person should be replaced, because most of them look greasy and in need of a haircut or hair styling.

They had a really cute Asian doctor from NYC a little ways back but he got very little coverage. 

• Like 2

Blake Killpack was a very fine looking Asian contestant on Rachel Lindsay's season. IIRC, he left after the first episode, though, to be with his grandfather who had gone into the hospital.

• Like 1
(edited)

Reality Steve's spoilers on Bachelorette 20:

Rose Ceremony #1: 25 men to 19 (Los Angeles, CA)

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Chris Spell, Joe Menzia, Khalid Hassan, Nic Barber, Peter Cappio, and Taylor Pegg.

Your 19 guys left heading into Episode 2:

Aaron Bryant
Aaron Schwartzman
Adrian Hassan
Brayden Bowers
Caleb Arthur
Caleb Balgaard
Dotun Olubeko
James Pierce
Joey Graziadei
John Buresh
John Henry Spurlock
Josh Young
Kaleb Kim
Michael Barbour
Sean McLaughlin
Spencer Storbeck
Tanner Courtad
Warwick Reider
Xavier Bonner

Rose Ceremony #2: 19 to 14 (Los Angeles, CA)

Group Date: 12 guys go to the Hollywood sign. CORRECTION: This date was at the beach and they played dodgeball. Aaron Schwartzman, Adrian Hassan, Brayden Bowers, Caleb Arthur, Caleb Balgaard, Dotun Olubeko, James Pierce, John Buresh, Kaleb Kim, Sean McLaughlin, Tanner Courtad, and Xavier Bonner.

1-on-1: Aaron Bryant. Drove around in a convertible and had a private concert at the Los Angeles theater. UPDATE: They drove the convertible to the Hollywood sign and hung out there before coming back to the LA Theater for the private concert. (Originally tweeted out that Aaron had gotten the group date rose and concert time, when it turns out he got the first 1-on-1 of season).

Group Date: Longest Kiss Date. Joey Graziadei, John Henry Spurlock, Josh Young, Michael Barbour, Spencer Storbeck, and Warwick Reider. Joey ended up winning the competition.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Caleb Arthur, John Henry Spurlock, Josh Young, Kaleb Kim, Spencer Storbeck.

Rose Ceremony #3: 14 to 10 (San Diego, CA)

1-on-1: Brayden Bowers. Helicoptered to PetCo Park, had a picnic on the field and played with golden retrievers.

Group Date: 12 men: Aaron Bryant, Aaron Schwartzman, Adrian, Caleb Balgaard, Duton, James, Joey, John, Michael, Sean, Tanner, and Xavier. Judged by JoJo, Jordan and Charity, the men participated in the “Barbie Sing Off,” which was creating their own lyrics to “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.” Sean McLaughlin voted winner and got 1-on-1 time.

1-on-1: Warwick Reider. ADDED: This date was at the Belmont Amusement Park, the same place Colton and Elyse had their 1-on-1 date during his season. Warwick was sent home on this date.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Aaron Schwartzman, Adrian Hassan, and James Pierce. Warwick eliminated on his 1-on-1.

Rose Ceremony #4: 10 to 6 (Washington)

1-on-1: Dotun Olubeko. The original plan was for them to go bungee jumping, but as you can see by the weather that day, I’m not ultimately sure if that’s what they ended up doing. But he did get the 1-on-1 date and you definitely see them in a hot tub at the night portion of their date making out.

Group Date: 8 guys: Aaron, Brayden, Caleb, Joey, John, Michael, Sean, Tanner. This group date involved something with Girl Scouts.

Here was a pic that was sent to me that day where you can see some of them in the lobby preparing for the date. I see John, Brayden, Aaron, Michael, and I believe Tanner is visible.

Brayden was sent home during the night portion of this group date. This clip from one of the previews is when Charity puts him in the car and closes the door behind him:

1-on-1: Xavier Bonner. Grape stomping shown in the previews.

Rose Ceremony Eliminations: Caleb Balgaard, John Buresh, and Michael Barbour. Brayden sent home during the group date.

Rose Ceremony #5: 6 to 4 (New Orleans, LA)

1-on-1: Joey Graziadei. The first day all 6 were there, Charity met with them then took Joey on his 1-on-1 outside of Jackson Square. Took a horse carriage ride around town and danced in the streets with beads.

1-on-1: Dotun Olubeko. Ran in the Crescent City Classic 10k race.

1-on-1: Xavier or Aaron.

Group Date: Sean, Tanner, Xavier/Aaron. If you look above at those two dates that got out publicly in New Orleans, Joey’s was on 4/6 and Dotun’s was on 4/8. Most people assume that in between was a 4 person group date with a rose ceremony on 4/9. There was no rose ceremony in New Orleans. Roses were handed out on dates. Either Xavier or Aaron had a 1-on-1 in between Joey & Dotun’s on 4/7, and it was somewhere in the Bayou. Then the 3 person group date was on 4/9. I have a feeling the long season preview tonight will spoil which guy between Aaron and Xavier got that third 1-on-1 in New Orleans. Once we know that, then we know who filled out the 3 person group date.

Eliminated in New Orleans: Sean McLaughlin & Tanner Courtad.

Rose Ceremony #6: 4 to 3 (Hometowns)

Tues 4/11 – Xavier Bonner (Ohio)
Thurs 4/13 – Joey Graziadei (Pensylvania)
Sat 4/15 – Aaron Bryant (Texas)
Mon 4/17 – Dotun Olubeko (California)

Rose Ceremony Elimination: As of this posting, ?????

Here’s what I know about the remainder of the show:

-There were 3 men who got overnight dates, one was eliminated, and two guys met her family and had last dates. Nothing I’ve heard thus far makes me think this season had wild ass ending, other than Charity saying in interviews she did fall in love with two guys. But ultimately whatever way she worded it on the show was worked out because she did choose someone and they got engaged in Fiji.

-Aaron definitely made the final 3 and had an overnight date. He did not get eliminated at 4 and then brought to Fiji to try and win Charity back as has been erroneously reported by Instagram pages.

-Aaron also did not get the final rose. Two reasons we know this: #1, there was video of him on a yacht party in San Diego the day the final rose ceremony happened in Fiji, and #2, he’s a contestant on “Bachelor in Paradise” this summer. So unless ABC wants to ruin all suspense for it’s finale with Aaron being in the final two with everybody knowing he clearly didn’t win due to him being in Paradise, it’s safe to say we can place Aaron in 3rd place.

-Dotun is most certainly in your final 3 due to video footage of him being seen in Fiji during filming.

-So that leaves the third person who made it to Fiji either Xavier or Joey. Back on June 12th, the ABC Bachelorette IG page posted this intro video package for Xavier:

However, unless I’m completely losing my mind, back when this was originally posted, there was this shot included in that video package:

I even went back to my podcast a couple days later on 6/15 where I said that “now that we’ve seen Xavier’s intro package, we know he was in Fiji.” But now that shot has been taken out of his intro package. Does anyone else remember that shot being in there when the intro video was released? Because that shot was first released in one of the :30 season previews, and there was a debate on who it was. But when it was then seen in Xavier’s intro video, that pretty much confirmed it was him. But now it’s not in his intro video. Either way, IF this is Xavier kissing Charity in that shot (which is clearly Fiji), then Xavier, Dotun, and Aaron are your final 3. If it’s NOT Xavier and it’s Aaron or Dotun, then it’s still possible Xavier made final 3, but it would still open the possibility that Joey made final 3 and Xavier was eliminated at the hometown date rose ceremony. Once that picture is confirmed 100% it’s Xavier, then we know your final 3.

Source: https://realitysteve.com/2023/06/26/your-rose-by-rose-ceremony-spoilers-for-charitys-season-up-to-final-4-what-i-know-after-that

Edited by ApprenticeFan
update for corrections
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Charity seemed nice enough on Zac's season, but they didn't show much of her personality.  Or maybe they did and she just doesn't HAVE much personality.  So I'm not eager.

What's worse is moving the starting time to 9-11pm on the east coast.  Half the fun was the real-time mockery, but I can't stay up that late on a work night.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Wasn’t this supposed to start tonight? 

It started an hour later than usual. 

43 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I watched it.  Didn't anyone else see it?

I started watching but fell asleep.  I’ll have to finish tonight.

• Like 1

I didn't like her at all last season and was not happy they picked her but I actually enjoyed her last night.  She seemed to have a good personality. I was surprised by some of the guys she seemed really into, like the first impression rose guy, but I think I'll keep watching.  I don't think he said anything bad in front of the brother, and she seemed to like that he was squealing like a little schoolboy about kissing her.  Her brother's costume was ridiculous.  

• Like 3

Aaron was saying that there was an incredible of support and excitement about Charity being the Bachelorette and I’m like “where”. I haven’t seen much publicity about this season or maybe I’m just not seeing it.

Spencer was so creepy. That either means he’ll not receive a rose or he stays there for the snark. 
I have this on now while I working around the house but this isn’t a sit down and watch show this time around. 

• Like 2

It looks like ratings are down. Unsure if people forgot it was on or getting tired of the franchise or not interested in Charity. I also think last season was blasted all over and was unique with nothing Bachelorettes looking for a match and young back to the tedium of this show was not inspiring enough to watch. I really don’t think they promoted Charity’s season enough. https://www.tvfanatic.com/2023/06/tv-ratings-the-bachelorette-loses-considerable-steam-with-season/

• Like 4

Personally I never stick with any of these. Just the previews turned me right off with the dozen men on a balcony screaming "CHARITY! Seriously? Haven't we seen enough of this nonsense?

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It looks like ratings are down. Unsure if people forgot it was on or getting tired of the franchise or not interested in Charity. I also think last season was blasted all over and was unique with nothing Bachelorettes looking for a match and young back to the tedium of this show was not inspiring enough to watch. I really don’t think they promoted Charity’s season enough. https://www.tvfanatic.com/2023/06/tv-ratings-the-bachelorette-loses-considerable-steam-with-season/

I wonder if it being on an hour later is impacting ratings?

• Useful 2
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think it is a combination of little promotion and that it is Charity.  She wasn’t the draw that Bachelor is pretending she is for most people.

• Like 4
On 6/30/2023 at 7:02 AM, alexa said:

I think it is a combination of little promotion and that it is Charity.  She wasn’t the draw that Bachelor is pretending she is for most people.

I kind of agree.  All the Bachelor-themed podcasts I follow were extremely high on Charity during Zach's season and were openly pulling for her from the beginning -- but she never showed much personality that season, so I assumed I was missing something or people were assuming she was this huge pile of charisma being edited out to give more attention to the ultimate top three.

But now, two episodes in, I'm starting to think there wasn't much personality to hide.

She seems like a lovely person and I'm sure she's great IRL. But she's not popping off the screen, and it was a struggle to focus on literally all of her conversations with anyone.

• Like 5

RS has the latest spoiler:

-Aaron gets eliminated at hometowns next week. As mentioned on the Daily Roundup, I did not know until last week who got eliminated after hometowns until Joey was shown in the previews in Fiji with Charity, which confirmed his overnight date.

-Once in Fiji, the overnight dates were filmed in this order: Xavier, Joey, and Dotun. I don’t know if they’ll be shown in that order, but that’s the order of fiming.

-In between Joey and Dotun’s overnights is when Aaron shows up in Fiji to talk to Charity. Another thing the show spoiled in the preview last week. We see her being surprised as she’s sitting at the pool with producers, and that’s Aaron’s arrival. She does meet Aaron later on that night for a “date,” they just don’t have an overnight. She does not take him back.

-As for the rose ceremony, I do not know if Xavier doesn’t get a rose or she sends him home earlier during his overnight date, something also shown in the previews numerous times. Charity confronting him saying they’re a week away from a proposal and he doesn’t know what he wants, etc. Something to that effect. Regardless, Xavier is eliminated at #3.

-Joey and Dotun are your final two.

Charity is engaged to Dotun.

Link: https://realitysteve.com/2023/07/26/exclusive-your-charity-finale-spoilers/

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Is Dotun a us citizen or is this an immigration thing? As long as Joey is next Bach, I’m happy and hope he doesn’t disappoint.

Edited by dizzyd