Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I just thought of something else regarding the timing of the remaining girls' exits.
As we've discussed sometimes it seems like the producers don't care about where the next lead landed in the previous season's exits. But most of the time they seem to pick from the top 4.
And quite often it appears as if they involve the current lead in orchestrating the exits so they can get a new lead who has the "final 4" badge of honor and the producers can get started filming their new 'star' asap.
In other words, if the current lead already knows at this point who he wants they might ask him to keep someone else the producers want for the next lead to a certain point to make them a top 4 person but let them out early enough to start working on their own season.............

Seems plausible. My question is: does the potential incoming lead know the deal? Like, at a certain point during filming of Zach's journey, was Charity approached to be the new Bachelorette and conversations had behind the scenes that she is not Zach's final pick but to continue to play along to set the stage for Bachelorette? You would think all parties must be involved at a certain point before taping of Zach's season ends or else production takes a risk of the girl possibly turning down the offer when all is said and done. 

Perhaps production had their eyes on Charity since she was the viewer pick to receive the first impression rose before Zach's season even started. Maybe that one little thing put in their heads that she's fan favorite and to just roll with it...as opposed to letting Zach's season play out and seeing which woman viewers end up connecting with the most for potential Bachelorette. 

If the news on Charity is true, I'm just not excited about it. I'm actually a bit surprised she's made it this far in the season, she hasn't at all stood out to me. YMMV 

• Like 6

If it is Charity that may explain Kat cutting into her 1 on 1 and taking Zach away for a few minutes-maybe to create some sympathy for her?  

I found her to be boring during the season so doubt I'll watch the Bachelorette if she's the lead.  However, I have been watching all iterations of this show less and less so it's not any different than my recent viewing habits.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Perhaps production had their eyes on Charity since she was the viewer pick to receive the first impression rose before Zach's season even started. Maybe that one little thing put in their heads that she's fan favorite and to just roll with it...as opposed to letting Zach's season play out and seeing which woman viewers end up connecting with the most for potential Bachelorette. 

Brianna got America's First Impression Rose. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

If they do make it at WTA then it most likely will be Charity won't it.  The person would have to be off the season by then and she doesn't make it to the final three I don't think.  The only hope for Ariel is if they wait till ATFR.

I read that there is generally no announcement at WTA, since it steals the thunder from the F1.   So, we wait and see and hope. 

• Like 2

Every single post about Charity is that she’s boring and surely we’re not in the minority so wtf! What is the show thinking bringing on a lead who’s shown no personality when there are so many better options just on this season. I doubt they all turned it down. Such a waste of a rare good batch of women to be reduced to the hell of Paradise. Isn’t ratings the driving force? The ratings have been tanking dismally and I know that’s not Charity’s fault but her as the lead is definitely not going to help. Maybe they want a lead they can control, someone quiet and submissive who will follow their script because they’re scared of another Clare who’d derail the season. Anyway if it’s official, I know I won’t be watching. I’m done with the crying and not interested in who has the worst sob story or the meaningless manufactured drama that they think is appealing when it’s not. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Like a lot of you, I thought Charity would have been a good choice in the beginning but the more I saw of her, I realized she is devoid of personality and her grimacing face is so distracting. I also don’t want to see her telling every guy about her cheating ex and crying every time. I also think there is a charge to be more diverse and there hasn’t been a poc who isn’t biracial since Rachel which I’m all for but she can’t carry this show. Maybe they can work on bringing her personality out more but from the little I’ve seen if it, that’s not so great either.
Ariel would be terrific, but I agree, she’s not thirsty for this which would have made her even better for this.  Gosh, even drunk Christina would be better or any of the single ladies here!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Here's Reality Steve's Tweet when he first mentions Charity getting picked along with some responses. Most are happy but some mention 'boring'.🤷🏻‍♀️
Also, I just checked RS's site and he is saying he is quite positive now that it is her.😢😭😢
This does seem to be a mistake on the producers' part considering they were accused of offering a boring season this go-round. I'm not sure how they could have watched what we saw and made this choice. Especially when they had the best cast ever to choose from. So they picked the dullest girl when they could have had the most exciting one in Christina! Christina would have made a memorable bachelorette with her kooky personality! What a loss of an excellent opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I also think there is a charge to be more diverse and there hasn’t been a poc who isn’t biracial since Rachel which I’m all for but she can’t carry this show.

I get suspicious of this show's producers sometimes but could it be that they are having a hard time finding a black male lead? Not a bi-racial one, but a black one.
And so they may be hoping to find one from the pool of men they pick for Charity? I'm sure they will have a diverse cast for her but perhaps with more African American men than men of other races or bi-racial.

I read on Reddit a while ago that a couple of people allegedly snuck into the taping of the football game with Zach's girls and waved signs around complaining about Zach being yet another white bach. I don't remember what was said exactly but it was something like that. The person who reported this said she witnessed it while there visiting for the taping. We've heard there has been a call for more POC cast. So maybe the producers feel they need to find more black leads in any way possible?

Edited by Melonie77
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, deSchenke said:

Brianna got America's First Impression Rose. 

My apologies and thanks for the clarification. I'll see my way out… 

(In my defense, I half paid attention at the beginning of Zach's journey.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

And so they may be hoping to find one from the pool of men they pick for Charity?

Don’t see why Charity has to be the lead for them to get a black male contestant. And why does he have to be either black or white or a mix of the 2? Why not Asian or Hispanic or any other ethnicity that makes up our enormous country? And whatever happened to the senior season they keep talking about? Ahh, I really shouldn’t care but apparently I’m almost as grouchy about this pick as I was about Clayton. 

• Like 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Don’t see why Charity has to be the lead for them to get a black male contestant. And why does he have to be either black or white or a mix of the 2? Why not Asian or Hispanic or any other ethnicity that makes up our enormous country? And whatever happened to the senior season they keep talking about? Ahh, I really shouldn’t care but apparently I’m almost as grouchy about this pick as I was about Clayton. 

Yes. I agree 100%. I guess I thought I wouldn't put it past TPTB to get what they want in a roundabout way. The reason I mentioned African American, is that as far as I've seen there has been more of a cry for representation there. But yes, there hasn't been much rep for any other groups and I didn't mean to dismiss anyone else. I wish the franchise had been more inclusive since the beginning.

The senior season has become a joke. They have been advertising for contestants for years. How long does it take to get a group of older people together? They don't have to get 30 cast members and could always go with a smaller group. 

I too was grouchy about the Clayton pick and only half-watched his season. But for me, the Charity pick is more disappointing than the Clayton one. The fact that they had so many other excellent unique women to choose from makes this pick a super letdown. I had hoped that the women from this season would raise the level of the men from next season. I don't think Charity is as pretty nor does she have the personality of the other top women in Zach's group.

I figure I might tune in to the first night just to see the men in anticipation of BiP but I'm definitely not watching the season. I can't imagine her as a lead. Every time I think of her I see an image in my mind of a tissue being dabbed at the corner of an eye, and I hear a dull monotone voice whining and mumbling something rather incoherent....then suddenly the tissue swiftly disappears and a bright smile flashes across a dry face as Zach walks into the room.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe the séniors keep dying before they can get the season filmed! But yeah, it’s a long time coming.

Maybe they can see if any of the season 1 contestants would be interested?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6

Here is the latest from Reality Steve:

Quoted from his website:

"A “Bachelorette” update for you that I just heard about yesterday. At the time of the Women Tell All taping back on Feb. 24th, there was not any announcement regarding the “Bachelorette” made on that show. However, yesterday I was told that after the audience was gone, Jesse Palmer actually told Charity for the first time that she’s been named the “Bachelorette.” I assume that was filmed, so there’s a good chance next week on the WTA episode, they are going to show Jesse post-filming that day telling her she’s gotten the gig. And if that’s the case, then I think for the first time ever (and the original reports I was hearing about Bachelorette beginning to film sometime the weekend of March 17th), that show will start filming before the “Bachelor” ends airing. In fact, if we do get that next Tuesday the “official” announcement from ABC that Charity is the next “Bachelorette,” makes all the sense in the world for them to start filming next weekend.

That’d also mean that the potential guys will be released on the “Bachelorette” Facebook page next Wednesday or Thursday. It also now makes the live ATFR on March 27th for Zach’s season even more interesting because if they bring Charity out to have her do her first live interview as the “Bachelorette,” she’ll already be roughly a week into filming, something we’ve never seen before. Might be a nice little twist to things actually."

🙃This seals it then! It's definitely Charity.
At least we should get a look at the guys soon.

• Useful 2

In his reader comment section, RS also mentioned that he expects both Gabi and Ariel to show up on BiP. I hope so, but I also pray they chose another location.

I don't know why they can't stay where the group of girls were sent last year when they were cruelly isolated from their guys. That resort is on the beach, has AC and there would be no crabs running around everywhere nor giant snakes big enough to strangle you hanging out over your bed.

I know I keep repeating myself but maybe someone from the show will look here and see how some of the audience is sick of that gross location!🤣

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

In his reader comment section, RS also mentioned that he expects both Gabi and Ariel to show up on BiP. I hope so, but I also pray they chose another location.

I don't know why they can't stay where the group of girls were sent last year when they were cruelly isolated from their guys. That resort is on the beach, has AC and there would be no crabs running around everywhere nor giant snakes big enough to strangle you hanging out over your bed.

I know I keep repeating myself but maybe someone from the show will look here and see how some of the audience is sick of that gross location!🤣

As much as I enjoy Ariel in a bathing suit I’m disappointed that she agreed to BIP.  Unless she is planning on making them film in one of the buildings she is planning on buying in NYC

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Yes, this is all screwed up.
Charity is so bland and Ariel’s spark on the beach may just start a fire with all that dead wood… and I’m not talking driftwood. The producers have something here and they don’t know what to do with it. 

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

As much as I enjoy Ariel in a bathing suit I’m disappointed that she agreed to BIP.  Unless she is planning on making them film in one of the buildings she is planning on buying in NYC

RS doesn't know for sure. I think that is just his guess but I also think that he doesn't pay attention to the show as well as he used to. He's got more on his plate these days.

He presents a lot of his info via podcasts now which I don't like listening to so I don't always get all of his info.

I too can't imagine Ariel navigating the crabs.

Something else he wrote today that I just remembered...a commenter asked him if anyone had ever turned down the lead role and he said that Peter from Rachel L's season may have but he doesn't know of anyone else.
Even though it's a bit early yet for any gossip to get around, I thought that was interesting since some of us were thinking that maybe Ariel or other girls from Zach's season said NO.

• Like 1

Check out Christina's TikTok:

Apparently her mother played the drums too.

She still has a lot of people calling for her to be the Bachelorette. So I guess there will be some uproar over that.

• Mind Blown 2
39 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

a commenter asked him if anyone had ever turned down the lead role and he said that Peter from Rachel L's season may have but he doesn't know of anyone else.

That’s even more astounding that Charity was their first and only pick and no one else was even considered to reject the offer! I knew about Peter Kraus but I’m surprised Tyler Cameron was never considered for the lead. 

• Like 3

@Melonie77Christina’s mom was shit on the drums, but it gave her something to do on the show while her two other talented sisters sang. She also played the dumb blonde on the show like a Nashville Chrissy Snow. Looks like the Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

• LOL 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

@Melonie77Christina’s mom was shit on the drums, but it gave her something to do on the show while her two other talented sisters sang. She also played the dumb blonde on the show like a Nashville Chrissy Snow. Looks like the Apple didn’t fall far from the tree.

I vaguely remember Barbara Mandrell when she was on top but I don't think I even knew she had sisters. When I recently saw pics of C's mom she looked so young that I thought at first Barbara was C's grandmother.
I didn't like country music back then. I was into classic rock and disco despite the war between the two! I think I knew Barbara more from the cover of TV guide and magazines and I guess I remember her because she was pretty.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

That’s even more astounding that Charity was their first and only pick and no one else was even considered to reject the offer! I knew about Peter Kraus but I’m surprised Tyler Cameron was never considered for the lead. 

If the news that Ariel and Gabi are going on BIP is true then i think that must be the case.  I can’t imagine anyone turning down the lead and then going on BIP.  And Kat wasn’t going to get the offer after the editing job they did on her.  

• Like 2

I know it's a long way off but now I'm curious about how many of Zach's girls will sign up for the beach. It seemed like such a nice place the first few seasons but IMO the show really trashed itself last season in particular by tormenting the cast with forced separations, dumb dates, and deliberately going out of the way to film the scary creatures and the gross behavior like peeing in the sand and pool.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

And Kat wasn’t going to get the offer after the editing job they did on her.  

yea, I was wondering about this. I'm pretty sure it was a producer's idea for her to pull Z aside before his date with Charity. They didn't have to air all the clips of her looking bad afterward nor the ones of Brooklyn attacking her. I suppose they needed some type of drama. But I also wonder if they didn't care about her image because they weren't going to be using her as the next bachelorette. I guess they knew they wouldn't use Brooklyn either.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Check out Christina's TikTok:

Apparently her mother played the drums too.

She still has a lot of people calling for her to be the Bachelorette. So I guess there will be some uproar over that.

Aside from the fact that she was eliminated earlier in the season (though that didn't stop Katie Thurston!), I think Christina would've made a good Bachelorette. Emily Maynard was the one and only single parent as a lead, right? 

The producers are obviously seeing something in Charity that the rest of us aren't. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Like 2
(edited)
On 3/9/2023 at 11:12 PM, Artsda said:

Charity doesn't seem like she could carry an interesting season, she can barely hold conversations it's umm and like. 

She's boring, staid, dull. I think she's intelligent but perhaps she is an introvert. I hope they do something to help her out of her shell.

@Kiss my mutt
I'm so confused between their never aging faces (even in what are supposed to be recent pics) and the ever-changing hair colors - which one is Christina's mother?🤣 And why do I feel these ladies should be old enough by now to be her granny? I just realized they were on Hew-Haw which feels like a century ago!

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 2

Re casting of the Senior Bachelor: Hey, every year it’s delayed gives us another chance that maybe one of our fellow middle-aged posters here will just eke out being old enough to qualify. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, ApprenticeFan said:

I really think the upcoming Bachelorette season will be likely to travel to Asia this time after three consecutive Bachelor Nation seasons in Europe. Probably the show could go to Japan, Mongolia and Vietnam.

I'd be down with that, though I think the final stop this season is in Vietnam.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

She's boring, staid, dull. I think she's intelligent but perhaps she is an introvert. I hope they do something to help her out of her shell.

@Kiss my mutt
I'm so confused between their never aging faces and the ever-changing hair colors - which one is Christina's mother?🤣 And why do I feel these ladies should be old enough by now to be her granny? I just realized they were on Hew-Haw which feels like a century ago!

The blonde!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think she's intelligent but perhaps she is an introvert.

That may be, but as an introvert myself, I cannot imagine going on a reality show. I just can't imagine anything unique or interesting coming out of her mouth. Lots of "journey" and "connection."

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The blonde!

Christina is like an extra pretty version of all three of those women!
She looks similar to all three but in slightly different ways - it's like they drew the best physical qualities from each sister and mixed them up to produce a SUPER pretty Mandrell.
But she unfortunately didn't get her mom's height.

I don't remember this show at all.
I do remember other variety programs like the Sonny and Cher show!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Christina is like an extra pretty version of all three of those women!
She looks similar to all three but in slightly different ways - it's like they drew the best physical qualities from each sister and mixed them up to produce a SUPER pretty Mandrell.
But she unfortunately didn't get her mom's height.

I don't remember this show at all.
I do remember other variety programs like the Sonny and Cher show!

My parents watched it and we’re big fans of Barbara. I was born in 1970 and we watched Captain and Tennille, Donny and Marie and Sonny and Cher too.  Lots of musical variety shows back then! 
Christina is very pretty, I’ll give her that!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

By the way, filming for Charity's season is scheduled to take place next week as production is set to begin this weekend. As I posted above, the intended destinations will be Los Angeles/Southern California (United States 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png), Tokyo (Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png), Hoa Lu/Ninh Binh (Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png) and Hong Kong SAR 20px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png (China 20px-Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_Ch) before hometowns.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, ApprenticeFan said:

By the way, filming for Charity's season is scheduled to take place next week as production is set to begin this weekend. As I posted above, the intended destinations will be Los Angeles/Southern California (United States 20px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png), Tokyo (Japan 20px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png), Hoa Lu/Ninh Binh (Vietnam 20px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png) and Hong Kong SAR 20px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png (China 20px-Flag_of_the_People's_Republic_of_Ch) before hometowns.

Great locations but….  I may be out this season….something I haven’t said before. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

China? Yeah, that makes total sense. 

I think it might be. As Asia opened its borders to foreigners after long COVID lockdowns between 2020 and 2022. Mainland China is allowing to travel international tourists, Hong Kong had already opened borders at the start of the year. Japan had opened borders last October and the entirety of Southeast Asia opened their borders early last year. Hong Kong's government is different than in mainland China being a former British colony and its now being back to a safe place after near 3 years of pandemic restrictions.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Thanks 1
On 3/11/2023 at 12:44 AM, Melonie77 said:

Check out this Instagram post from Christina...in the comments, someone jokes about C coming out on top at the Women Tell All episode.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpLkqEegzCR/?hl=en

So this ended up not amounting to anything! Wonder what they were referencing. There were some other similar posts and comments hinting at Christina-related happenings for the WTA yet she was basically ignored by Jessie and most of the girls.😢 I felt bad for her!

2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Is that a spoiler?  Seems reliable to me.

Hope they stock up on plenty of boxes of tissues. I was wondering why Jessie didn't offer her any tonight.
I was afraid she would stab her eyeball with a pointed talon while dabbing at those corners.

Actually, sometimes I think she does that corner-of-the eye poking because her false eyelashes are bothering her. Or maybe she's checking to see that they are both still in place and haven't flown the coop.

Here's another spoiler:
Charity will touch and play with her hair at least 50 times per episode.

• Like 1