Type keyword(s) to search

Full Swing - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's by the same people who created Drive To Survive (F1) and Break Point (tennis).  Drive To Survive is good but Break Point was so boring.  

This is mostly good.  I kind of love how they're showing the pointed interviews about the Liv Gold Tournament and rolling my eyes at these golfers, most of whom have already made millions of dollars, saying they're doing it for "their family" as if their families need even more money. 

• Like 3

I haven't followed golf much in the past 20 years or so, so I found this interesting and learned a bit about the newer players. I may be completely off base here, but I thought Dustin Johnson came across as a self-absorbed douche. I liked most of the players here, a couple I felt okay about, but I had a visceral dislike of Johnson.

• Like 1

Yes to the immediate dislike of Dustin Johnson. It is almost visceral for me and I am not sure why. He reeks of testosterone and ego. Plus he is married to Paulina (is that her name?) Gretzky. She is really popular on social media - lots of provocative pics. I wish them well - they seem well-suited.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yes to the immediate dislike of Dustin Johnson. It is almost visceral for me and I am not sure why. He reeks of testosterone and ego. Plus he is married to Paulina (is that her name?) Gretzky. She is really popular on social media - lots of provocative pics. I wish them well - they seem well-suited.

Girl, same. I’m glad he totally choked in his tournament. He needs a little humble pie. Is Paulina Wayne Gretzsky’s daughter? She sure made a point  she had a lot of camera time sauntering around in her bikini and short shorts. Figures they’d be together though I think she’ll ditch him if he doesn’t start winning and moving up. 

Yes, she is the daughter of Wayne Gretzky and actress Janet Jones. Who dated quite a few athletes back in the day. Gretzky was The Gold Medal for a sort-of sports groupie.

I finished it yesterday and I enjoyed it.  I really see nothing wrong with the golfers who decided to go over to Liv, especially the older ones who have already achieved the peak of their careers and don’t give a shit about world rankings anymore.  For the younger ones there’s more to consider, since they won’t be able to participate in some of the bigger tournaments and their rankings will suffer.  They still have egos that care about that.  Honestly, this whole Liv thing has been the best thing to happen to golf in years.  It’s put golf in the spotlight and has forced PGA golfers to up their game instead of just coasting.  Rory pretty much said as much in the last episode, they need to work even harder now, which will be a benefit to viewers and the sport in general.  

I enjoyed learning about some of the golfers I didn’t know much about.  I don’t like Rory for some reason, I never have.  I didn’t like how he was moralizing about standing up for whats “right”, like who is he to decide what’s right and wrong??  Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

I’m watching the new season…I still  love hearing the background stories of the golfers (and seeing them work out, so much for golf being a lazy man’s game).  The episode about sports psychologists was really interesting to me, I used to work with a woman who treated figure skaters.