Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Ladies feelings on certain issues depends on who is involved. Robyn and Gizelle admitted they didn’t care that a drink was thrown on Wendy because they don’t like her. 

I confess, it didn't bother me when Monique attacked candiace, and it bothered me just a little with Wendy's drink scene.

I see both sides because when I feel I'm being bullied, I have Candice's and Wendy's outrage and I cannot keep my mouth shut. I will rage and rage.

Yet when I viewed these women doing exactly what I would do, I saw why others just wanted me and them to shut up.

It's hard to feel sorry for attack victims who keep screaming and insulting the attacker, like a boss bitch.

Thanks to them, I've learned to shut up, bide my time, then let those who know me best, speak up for the facts. It took me 50 years to learn this.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 2/27/2023 at 2:07 AM, drivethroo said:

The problem with the colorism discussion is it's a two-tiered problem.  There's colorism within the cast and production and there's colorism from the viewing audience.

The viewers know, and the lighter skinned cast members know the lighter skinned cast members are favored within the cast, with production and with the audience. Candiace & Wendy know they can't really call out the cast & production on this issue. Calling out the cast is futile because all of them (except Karen) pretended not to know what was going on.  Calling out production only earns a bad edit.  Ashley quickly figured out the "who me?" act wasn't going to land so she gave some pagaent answers and addressed her statements to Wendy (and not Candiace, who has also been a recipient of the colorism criticism especially where Ashley is concerned).

Karen allegedly claimed Wendy didn't have the "right look" for Potomac but Gizelle is the one who said this so who knows?

Ashley knows full well she's benefitted from the colorism against Candiace. It's not "well Candiace is just a nasty person so that's why people don't like her." That may be, but Ashley ALSO is a nasty person but she doesn't get nearly the vitriol Candiace gets. Ashley's mouth is so nasty, Katie packed up and left the cast trip and was never seen again until this season.  Ashley has also described Candiace & Wendy in violent, aggressive language but never described Robyn this way and Robyn crossed state lines to roll up in Ashley's face for talking about Juan.  Ashley knows the receipts could've been pulled out on her which is why she quickly made her acknowledgment about colorism.

In fact, Robyn has been physically aggressive with 3 cast members (Ashley, Monique, Wendy) and Mia has been repeatedly physically aggressive with Wendy and we don't see the viewers who scream Candiace needs her ass beat screaming for Robyn or Mia to get their asses beat. Props to production for repeatedly showing flashbacks of Robyn running up on Monique tonight.

A deep dive into the colorism of the RHOP audience would be more than most people could handle because IMO there's specifically 3 groups of people who cheered the violence against Candiace and I will just leave it at that.

Robyn was mute on the issue because she knows she benefits greatly from colorism.

The person who needed to be slapped for their "huh whatya talkin' about? what's going on? I don't understand" act is Gizelle. Girl, you understand.

Basically the light brights (minus Karen) thought they could malign & abuse the darker skinned girls without consequence this season because many in the viewing audience also didn't like the darker skinned cast members. Unfortunately for them, it backfired.

Based on how bad the GEBs & Mia came across on this reunion, next season will be a GEB + Mia takedown humilliation season. Gizelle will take it like a champ but Mia & Robyn will be going through some things. 

Candaice is my favorite now. I like both her and Chris.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I agree with you and I have what a theory.

Wendy is a high profile person who was seen as delivering facts due to her careers. As well, she knows when something is a lie. The problem is Wendy will not let an issue rest if she doesn't hear the other people retract their words/lies. These housewives will never admit to purposely exaggerating what's going on with the others. if Wendy cannot speak her truth in her talking heads, while ceasing talking with the others about old arguments, the audience will want her gone.

Wendy forgets that we know what happened! Her need to have the others acknowledge she was assaulted is a waste of her energy if the others won't play. She forgets we saw and we'll remember for her. We will hold the others accountable.

I like this. It made me think that maybe Gizelle can forgive Karen so easily because, well, she never had that much respect for Karen to begin with. She may not take Karen seriously due to Karen's grandiose delusions and need to look wealthier than she is.  Gizelle and Robyn went out of their way to stalk Karen's home to determine if she and Ray really lived there. Gizelle made T-shirts about Ray's tax woes to ding Karen ... and to keep her in her place. I also recall Gizelle talking about her pedigree, claiming that since Karen was raised on a farm, there is no comparison.

Meanwhile, Wendy is a hardworking woman. Whether people care about her four degrees or not, she obtained them, all the while maintaining a career, as well as a marriage and children. Dr. Wendy is not as easily dismissed as Karen -- a social-climbing pretender who puts on airs and seems to move to a new rental home each year. In a weird way, perhaps Wendy's opinion means more to Gizelle than Karen's opinion does.

Gotta think on this some more.

And yes, those of us who can separate our dislike for a housewife from right and wrong will definitely remember that Mia assaulted Wendy. Mia's so foul. I can smell her funky ass through my TV screen.

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I like this. It made me think that maybe Gizelle can forgive Karen so easily because, well, she never had that much respect for Karen to begin with. She may not take Karen seriously due to Karen's grandiose delusions and need to look wealthier than she is.  Gizelle and Robyn went out of their way to stalk Karen's home to determine if she and Ray really lived there. Gizelle made T-shirts about Ray's tax woes to ding Karen ... and to keep her in her place. I also recall Gizelle talking about her pedigree, claiming that since Karen was raised on a farm, there is no comparison.

Meanwhile, Wendy is a hardworking woman. Whether people care about her four degrees or not, she obtained them, all the while maintaining a career, as well as a marriage and children. Dr. Wendy is not as easily dismissed as Karen -- a social-climbing pretender who puts on airs and seems to move to a new rental home each year. In a weird way, perhaps Wendy's opinion means more to Gizelle than Karen's opinion does.

Gotta think on this some more.

And yes, those of us who can separate our dislike for a housewife from right and wrong will definitely remember that Mia assaulted Wendy. Mia's so foul. I can smell her funky ass through my TV screen.

Gizelle has a low self-esteem that she covers by acting superior and looking down on others.

Wendy is intelligent, accomplished, and seems to have a great husband/marraige.. which drives Gizelle crazy because Gizelle didn't have a good marriage nor is she as accomplished/intelligent as Wendy.

If you look back on the history of the show... Gizelle seems to have had issues with 3 of the housewives (Katie, Monique, and Wendy).

She underestimated Katie.. who in season 1 would effortlessly put Gizelle in place anytime Gizelle would come after her (and I think perhaps Gizelle felt a certain way about Katie because of her heritage...imho).

She also didn't like Monique for owning 4 houses and having a husband that she loved.. hence why Gizelle helped spread the rumor of Monique's last child being another man's child.

Gizelle and Ashley are examples of beautiful women on the surface with ugliness beneath the surface.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
22 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Gizelle and Robyn went out of their way to stalk Karen's home to determine if she and Ray really lived there. Gizelle made T-shirts about Ray's tax woes to ding Karen ... and to keep her in her place.

You’ve reminded me that Giselle actually used to do stuff. And maybe it was petty or silly but it was also sometimes funny. And most importantly it took some effort on her part.

I feel like the last few seasons, she hasn’t really done anything but show up to scenes and ask “when did you stop beating your wife” type questions. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
48 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I confess, it didn't bother me when Monique attacked candiace, and it bothered me just a little with Wendy's drink scene.

I see both sides because when I feel I'm being bullied, I have Candice's and Wendy's outrage and I cannot keep my mouth shut. I will rage and rage.

Yet when I viewed these women doing exactly what I would do, I saw why others just wanted me and them to shut up.

It's hard to feel sorry for attack victims who keep screaming and insulting the attacker, like a boss bitch.

Thanks to them, I've learned to shut up, bide my time, then let those who know me best, speak up for the facts. It took me 50 years to learn this.

I didn’t mind when Monique went after Candiace either because Candiace was in her face barking at her over and over and also participated in the fight. Then she went on her Tissue Square Victim Tour against bullying when the courts threw the whole thing out. The only thing that bothers me is that Monique won’t come back and we are stuck with the lying poser, Mia. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
21 hours ago, qtpye said:

Didn't Gizzy also supposedly work for the NAACP before she came on the show? 

Yep, a friend of mine worked there at the same time. She knows Gizelle, but is a child of God, so isn't willing to share any gossip 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, eXiled said:

Karen -- a social-climbing pretender who puts on airs and seems to move to a new rental home each year.

Karen said she owns a "plantation" where her ancestors were enslaved. The rest of the family just calls it a farm. And I believe several family members share ownership of the farm.

Wendy may not spend time with the others outside of the show, but I assume it's because she works long hours and has little kids.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 8
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Karen said she owns a "plantation" where her ancestors were enslaved. The rest of the family just calls it a farm. And I believe several family members share ownership of the farm.

From what was stated on the show, Karen's Aunt Valerie is the one who owns the farm, not Karen.

5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Wendy may not spend time with the others outside of the show, but I assume it's because she works long hours and has little kids.

Then Wendy can't reasonably expect Candiace to be closer to her than to Robyn, when she and Candiace don't hang out outside of the show but Candiace and Robyn do or did. Even the interactions we've seen of them on or off the show, it's Candiace inviting Wendy to come along to the video shoot or (off camera) Candiace inviting Wendy to her parties.  Not the other way around.

The show needs to fire Robyn and/or Mia, give Candiace center flute, keep Jacqueline and bring back Askale as "friends of" Candiace* & Wendy, keep Ashley, Wendy and Karen, bring on an age/life appropriate friend for Karen and hire a brand new housewife that's neutral with everyone.

*It's funny how the friends of the other girls end up being Candiace's friend. Jacqueline and Askale don't really need to have storylines,they can just be there at the group events.

• Like 5
On 2/26/2023 at 6:06 PM, LaurelleJ said:

Wendy and Candiace are clearing. Gizelle and Ashley are truly the losers of the season and the reunion. 

Ashley has never bothered me that much because she's stirred the pot, been stirred by others, but she's also been treated horribly. Yet she still shows up and works the camera. She doesn't retaliate as low as some others online (Candiace's cockroach tweet) and she's not likely to threaten anyone, unlike the others.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Also, Wendy lives in Eldersburg MD, the other HW's live in the Potomac and Potomac adjacent areas, they are (if traffic allows) at least an hour plus away and not a straight shot at all. 

Robyn probably lives the closest to Wendy but we all know they could be next door neighbors and neither would cross the lawn to see each other!

• Like 3

A couple of things I've been mulling over. I went back and watched the whole Karen and Robyn discussion in Mexico about Juan's infidelity, and I wonder if Robyn thought that Karen was about to spill the beans about the Canadian goose? The whole thing is far more interesting when you know that 1) that woman had been reaching out to cast members to share her dirt, and 2) Robyn was well aware of the goose and was halfway through the season keeping that story under wraps. Thinking the story was coming out explains why she pulled out the blue-eyes picture and why she called Juan on camera. She absolutely wanted his denials on the record.

Another thing I spotted on a second watch was Wendy making the point to Ashley that when they (Wendy, Ashley, Candiace) hang out off-camera everyone has a good time, so why can't they be friends? So, it does appear that Wendy and Candiace socialize at least some away from the group. My guess is that it would be more if they were at similar points in their lives (either both childless or both with kids)

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I went back and watched the whole Karen and Robyn discussion in Mexico about Juan's infidelity, and I wonder if Robyn thought that Karen was about to spill the beans about the Canadian goose?

Yes, she did. She said Canada Goose had reached out to Gizelle and other people on the cast to tell all about her and Juan. So she figured one of the cast members would expose her. Robyn probably felt the most likely cast member to expose her would be either Wendy or Karen. That's why she ran to get Charrisse to expose Karen.  Charrisse has been involved with the show every season. She was at all the group events in Season 5...why all of a sudden in Season 7 did Charrisse feel the need to "expose Karen & Blue Eyes?" Because Robyn needed protection against Karen exposing her and Charrisse was the muscle to do it.

Juan's Laundrymat Lady does look like a young Karen...

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Chalby said:

Ashley has never bothered me that much because she's stirred the pot, been stirred by others, but she's also been treated horribly. Yet she still shows up and works the camera. She doesn't retaliate as low as some others online (Candiace's cockroach tweet) and she's not likely to threaten anyone, unlike the others.

Yeah, I don’t see Candiace as winning anything. It looks like her husband is crying about losing work due to the Gizelle and Ashley accusations  in the reunion preview. But if he was so squeaky clean, why would he be losing work?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Yeah, I don’t see Candiace as winning anything. It looks like her husband is crying about losing work due to the Gizelle and Ashley accusations  in the reunion preview. But if he was so squeaky clean, why would he be losing work?

Because people don't want to work with someone who has multiple accusations of inappropriate behavior with women. It's a "where there's smoke there's fire" attitude. Why do you find this narrative hard to believe?

At the end of the day, Candiace and Wendy are so pissed about Gizelle's position in this specifically because the multiple, made up, then exaggerated claims do have real world impacts. At least with Ashley, one can look to the motivation of "your husband was poorly treated, so you want to get back by treating another husband the same way." But in Gizelle's case her position was "you did something, I felt a certain way about it, I didn't say anything at the time, and so now that you know you should apologize for making me feel that way". She knew that Chris did not say anything inappropriate or do anything other than STAY IN A ROOM TO HAVE A PRIVATE DISCUSSION AFTER REALIZING THAT NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE. GIzelle's ole' "every man tries me ass" could have easily said "this is a bad look, let's step out in the hallway" or "let me call Robyn and tell her to come up here" but she 1) didn't do the adult thing at the time 2) didn't do the adult thing later when she realized she "felt a way" 3) didn't do the adult thing when she saw Candiace or Chris multiple times before the season started and 4) didn't do the adult thing after the cameras rolled. At every turn she chose to act like a wounded damsel in distress and for someone who claims to be smart and accomplished, acting like she has no agency is a ridiculous look. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Because people don't want to work with someone who has multiple accusations of inappropriate behavior with women. It's a "where there's smoke there's fire" attitude. Why do you find this narrative hard to believe?

At the end of the day, Candiace and Wendy are so pissed about Gizelle's position in this specifically because the multiple, made up, then exaggerated claims do have real world impacts. At least with Ashley, one can look to the motivation of "your husband was poorly treated, so you want to get back by treating another husband the same way." But in Gizelle's case her position was "you did something, I felt a certain way about it, I didn't say anything at the time, and so now that you know you should apologize for making me feel that way". She knew that Chris did not say anything inappropriate or do anything other than STAY IN A ROOM TO HAVE A PRIVATE DISCUSSION AFTER REALIZING THAT NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE. GIzelle's ole' "every man tries me ass" could have easily said "this is a bad look, let's step out in the hallway" or "let me call Robyn and tell her to come up here" but she 1) didn't do the adult thing at the time 2) didn't do the adult thing later when she realized she "felt a way" 3) didn't do the adult thing when she saw Candiace or Chris multiple times before the season started and 4) didn't do the adult thing after the cameras rolled. At every turn she chose to act like a wounded damsel in distress and for someone who claims to be smart and accomplished, acting like she has no agency is a ridiculous look. 

Maybe Chris shouldn’t have gone to Gizelles dressing room. How dumb do you have to be not to know how the woman operates? His mouthy little wife surely could have spoken to Gizelle herself? Oh wait, if she didn’t have a script written for her with reads, she wouldn’t have been able to function. Like she did when Gizelle blindsided her. She went running to the producer.

• Like 2
On 2/27/2023 at 11:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

Why do people say Gizelle doesn't share her life? 

We see her with her children. We have watched her home reno. We witnessed several of her failed relationships. We had her dad on the show several times. What more do we need to see? It just so happens her life is not that interesting. Is Robyns, Karens or Wendy's? Not any more than Gizzy's. 

Agreed!!! Speaking of which what exactly has Karen shown in her life.  She lies about everything in her life, the only reason the tax issue came up was because it was in the paper, otherwise that was never going to be mentioned.  We had some fake flying lessons the 1st season, fake bathtub scene with Ray, who is rarely shown nowadays anyway.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 3:15 PM, drivethroo said:

Yes, she did. She said Canada Goose had reached out to Gizelle and other people on the cast to tell all about her and Juan. So she figured one of the cast members would expose her. Robyn probably felt the most likely cast member to expose her would be either Wendy or Karen. That's why she ran to get Charrisse to expose Karen.  Charrisse has been involved with the show every season. She was at all the group events in Season 5...why all of a sudden in Season 7 did Charrisse feel the need to "expose Karen & Blue Eyes?" Because Robyn needed protection against Karen exposing her and Charrisse was the muscle to do it.

Juan's Laundrymat Lady does look like a young Karen...

Who is she? This is another woman, not the one from Canada?

I think the women were horrible to Wendy after Mia threw the drink at her, but Wendy’s “violated to my core” comment was a bit much for me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I think the women were horrible to Wendy after Mia threw the drink at her, but Wendy’s “violated to my core” comment was a bit much for me. 

It's a different woman. She works in the sports department (or something of the sort) of the college Juan is employed at. 

Edited by ZettaK
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree, it was an asshole move on Mia’s part. The whole exchange was stupid with Mia starting in on Wendy about Peter. 
I do like Wendy. She’s very pretty and has a great family. Eddie seems to be a good husband and the kids are cute. Even her mama seems loving and not too over the top like some of the moms. 

• Like 3
On 3/2/2023 at 4:41 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Sadly, in today's society, people assumed where there's smoke there's fire. Guilty until proven innocence.

There's no short legal recovery against slandar, made even more drawn out by anyone who stands by their lies, and files massive delaying suits.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 4:41 PM, Chatty Cake said:

The part that bothers me the most is I see Chris and Eddy as the best of the husbands in that I'd like to think they love their partners enough not to cheat. I feel for Robyn as Juan's "potential cheating" has always been around. Remember Michael was shocked that Juan even proposed? I think Robyn and Juan have an agreement, and it's cheaper to stay together.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 6
On 3/3/2023 at 7:40 AM, Rlb8031 said:

At every turn she chose to act like a wounded damsel in distress and for someone who claims to be smart and accomplished, acting like she has no agency is a ridiculous look. 

This is the lowest Gizelle has gone, and to keep banging that "I was uncomfortable" drum at the reunion shows me how despicable she is. Anyone who cannot apologize when they're clearly in the wrong needs to go away.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
On 3/6/2023 at 9:20 PM, Chalby said:

The part that bothers me the most is I see Chris and Eddy as the best of the husbands in that I'd like to think they love their partners enough not to cheat. I feel for Robyn as Juan's "potential cheating" has always been around. Remember Michael was shocked that Juan even proposed? I think Robyn and Juan have an agreement, and it's cheaper to stay together.

I think Gizelle and Robyn just can't wrap their heads around men respecting and loving their wives, since they only attracted superficial men based on their looks. 

It's no shock that both have had cheating spouses.

• Like 4
On 3/4/2023 at 7:31 PM, Chalby said:

Sadly, in today's society, people assumed where there's smoke there's fire. Guilty until proven innocent.

There's no short legal recovery against slander, made even more drawn out by anyone who stands by their lies, and files massive delaying suits.

• Like 1