Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Poised for Battle

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Not the biggest Kirsten fan, but she said on After Party that her sparse apartment was due to furniture she had ordered during lockdowns that was so late, she cancelled.  Keisha KP giggled at that, as in....well, did you order more?  But the emptiness went on beyond just the lack of furniture.  It was an emptiness of spirit, of self.  As Shaq pointed out, there were no picture of friends & family.  No favorite art.  Nada.

Shaq is a doll, and I like him more each episode.  His DM's be blowing up after this trainwreck is over.

Jasmine is turning out to be one of my favorite women.  Sure, the pageant world she lives in is second/third tier pageant stuff, but it shows a dedication, that she carries into a very physically and emotionally demanding field of work.  She has a lovely personality, and Air-head should be lucky she likes him.  It won't work out, but I hope enough men see her on the show that she isn't single for long.

Actually....it would be such a funny first twist for MAFS if, after the show wraps, Shaq & Jasmine scurry off together.

On Kristen front, that defense is nonsense 3 years (2 years because if filming) into this. I still don't believe that's her real place. Shaq and the cameras will never leave it.

• Like 2

Clint wants to "stick it out" & see what happens??? What happens is what they make happen!!! HATE THAT ATTITUDE!!! Like something's just gunna happen outta nowhere with no actions taken. 😒😒 Typical, insufferable SURFACE couple! She said she didn't feel comfortable moving in because nothing's progressed romantically....FOLLOW UP & FIGURE IT TF OUT!!!!! 

Edited by Lindz

Ok Kirsten & her commitment issues, can't even say yes or no to whether they have chemistry. She wanted to say no even though that's not true just because she doesn't like his looks. Then she doesn't say what she wants or needs, so she doesn't really expect it get then, huh? Shaq was actually funny joking about her apartment being the model apartment. I mean, not even nightstands?!! 

11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

On Kristen front, that defense is nonsense 3 years (2 years because if filming) into this.

And like Keisha apparently asked, did she order more from a place without back order? Go to IKEA and get some stuff and bring it home and put it together? Also it wasn’t just the lack of furniture; she had nothing on the walls. No pictures of family or friends, no artwork, no evidence of any hobbies, no books. She’s a realtor; that wasn’t even a good staging. Shaq (and I) asked jokingly if it was a model apartment but model apartments have more character than that.

• Like 4

Oh boy. PC actually had to tell them it was stupid to start off saying what they don't like about each other. She's still arguing about what he said & saying her calling him a Ginger isn't comparable. & Saying she is "athletic." So that's the hill they're dying on then, huh? Either they let it go or don't. Looking like she won't let it go. I don't think he really cared about being called a Ginger, he had a problem with what she said about not being attracted to HIM... Not seeing a housewarming party for either couples with wives that didn't move in, kinda hard to do with a spouse living elsewhere. 👀

16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it's not typically as much of an issue because the participants are either not near the end of a lease, own their own homes or like this season's Mac and douchebag D-list basketball player Matt from Charlotte, are essentially couch surfing.

I also recall Nate (from last season) losing his apt when his "marriage" to Stacia exploded (easy to predict) soon after the cameras were off AND fire fighter, Gil, who ill-advisedly gave up his apt AND MOVED ALL HIS BELONGINGS into Myrla's home, only to be tossed aside by her several WEEKS later!  

I know that Nicole is in a BIG RUSH to get the "show on the road" with her fantasy wish for a long and happy "marriage" with Chris proclaiming his love for her by the hour; HOWEVER, Chris might want to think twice about relinquishing his present home on the assumption that his "marriage" to Nicole will outlast the show (or shortly thereafter).

• Like 3

Shaq (and I) asked jokingly if it was a model apartment but model apartments have more character than that.

That's what I thought when he made that comment - model apartments that are staged usually are nicely furnished and decorated, including having the dining room table set, flowers on the end tables, actual furniture...

Wasn't her purse just sitting on the floor...and her laptop? Like Kirsten didn't even have an end table! It seemed really weird to me and I don't buy the back ordered furniture excuse either!

I feel like Mackinley is getting a better edit than Dom. We don't see as much of his complaining (maybe he does it when the cameras aren't rolling, like the fit about the airline arrangements) we just hear her complaining about complaining. And I'm sorry, but how much ADVENTURE do you need in your day to day life? Unless he's a sit at home dude who never wants to go anywhere or do anything but I don't consider that adventure. They both have jobs, they have this show they are filming, how much time do they have for skydiving or bungee jumping or whatnot??

• Like 5

New to this forum, but not to the show. It's a guilty pleasure show for my wife and I, and I've seen all the seasons. With that in mind, is it just me, or is this the most boring season EVER? The biggest drama has been "he called me fat" vs. "she called me a ginger." I guess the second greatest conflict involves Niqs "jokes" about her husband's (who is so friggin boring I can't remember his name) dogs. 

I'm hoping things pick up, because so far, this seems like a show with 10 people who have to hang out with each other for 8 weeks before going back to their regular lives. 

• Like 7

Welcome to the forum, @JayDub1987. And, yep, you are right. After the last few seasons, many of us say that each has been the worst and most boring, so, yep, this one has now risen to the top of the worst. Unlikeable people, stupid scripted stories, and made-up drama. I really did used to think that there was some bit of reality and some people made it as couples after the show. But, given the last few 0/5 seasons, I don't think so now. I personally don't record it anymore and if I happen to catch it, I'll watch, but I get what I need from reading these comments.

And, now that it is down to 90 minutes, it may help get through the crap better.

• Like 2