Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Poised for Battle

• Start Topic

Visits to their spouses' homes reveal surprises for the couples - including an anxiety inducing closet and a plethora of puppies.  Two couples experience cold feet about moving in as another marriage heats up...in the bedroom! Pastor Cal pays a visit to ask some tough questions - including whether certain couples want to stay married at all.   

Airs Wednesday February 22 at 8:00PM EST.

Watch preview here.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dakisela said:

None of these people belong together.  Never seen anything like it.  I'd feel feel totally misled with the whole process if I were ANY of them.  

Yep. Already Gina and Dom have checked out. They don’t want to live with their husbands. Pastor Cal is going to flip. 
I have hope for Chris and Nicole. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

This is just a terrible season. Domynique, Gina and Mackinley aren’t even interested in faking anything or going through the motions. Gina and Domynique should just request a divorce or annulment right now.

• Like 12

For once, Pastor Cal had some good advice. Starting off a marriage by criticizing each other ain't the way. Or, as the British say with proper English: Begin as you mean to go on.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

Nicole & Chris introduced the dogs in an appropriate way, on neutral territory at the dog park.   Not like the idiots from San Diego.

I didn't expect that to go so well. Two big energetic dogs are a lot.

Couldn't help but notice that those dogs do more humping than their owner. 😮

• Like 1
  • LOL 16

I’m glad the dogs are gelling. I’m sensing a lot of hesitation on Chris’ part to go all in. It makes no sense if your leases end at the same to reup them and not move in together I unless you’re having second thoughts.

Dom is not even trying. She really shouldn’t be on this show given her mom signed her up and she was fine and happy being single. 

Pastor Cal reacted better about Clint and Gina not living together than I thought. I just can’t with a Gina’s mouth. It’s already big but it looks like she got fillers and a lip flip making her mouth cavenous. Nicole has been looking very pretty in her talking heads. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I feel kind of bad for Clint. Yes, his comments about Gina’s physique and dating athletic women were rude, however I believe Clint is actually trying to make the marriage work. Gina isn’t even willing to meet Clint 50/50.

Edited by APK
  • Like 15

Chris and Nicole have had sex. Pastor Cal looked so relieved. Is it just me or does Pastor Cal seem to take the guys side over the women. Airris admitted to not being attracted to Jas and he kind of gave him a pass. 
Kirsten admitted to not being attracted to Shaq and he seemed to be not as understanding. 
Dom and Mac are done, but I’m sure they’ll hang in there until D Day just to remain on the show. 

• Like 6
15 hours ago, endure said:

Domynique is so immature and has such an attitude, she needs to leave stat!

Yes! She talks about Mac being negative. Pot meet kettle. I’m assuming his living with his friends parents is temporary. Dom is not open minded and extremely selfish and judgemental. I really thought these two would get farther than this. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
iPad spelling sabatoge
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yes! She talks about Mac being negative. Pot meet kettle. I’m assuming hus living with his friends parents is temporary. Dom is nit open minded and extremely selfish and judgemental. I really thought these two would get farther than this. 

I haven't noticed any red flags with him but definitely did with her right from the start, she's so smug and self righteous, I feel sorry for him, she's been mean and nasty to him.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Yep, Dom's so sour and negative. I don't think Mack's serious about the marriage either, so go ahead and split.

21 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Nicole has been looking very pretty in her talking heads. 

Agreed. Less is more for her, regarding makeup. She's pretty with a softer look. But those tattoos--I still can't get figure out what that big one on her forearm is.

4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Chris and Nicole have had sex. Pastor Cal looked so relieved. Is it just me or does Pastor Cal seem to take the guys side over the women. 

I've always thought so. In previous seasons, he'd counsel the women to basically put aside their own opinion/desires to follow the Head of Household. Blah.

His eyes got big and he looked ready to leap into a standing ovation when he learned Chris & Nicole had been intimate. Woo-hoo! Hand Cal a baton and cue the marching band!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I’m bothered that Dom is taking mama dog to the apartment. She’s taking her away from her puppies. Who’s going to take care of those puppies? 

I think pups have to be weaned by a certain age usually starting at about 3-4 weeks and totally by 7-8 weeks, I thought the pups looked about 7 or so weeks.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
9 minutes ago, endure said:

Pastor Cal often brings up the potential to be a 'power couple', I'm not really sure what that even means.

I take it to mean educated, successful, good-looking, and that they compliment each other well. They turn heads when they're together. 

I think the term fits them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

Kirsten's apartment is just like her personality - bland. It doesn't look like the apartment Dr. Pepper visited to do the pre-marriage interview.  

Airiss said that he understands why the experts paired him with Jasmine because she is what he needs.  However, he neglected to mention that she isn't what he wants.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Dakisela said:

None of these people belong together.  Never seen anything like it.  I'd feel feel totally misled with the whole process if I were ANY of them.  

Agree totally. Some of the guys are truly unlikable.  I like Shaq and Chris.  Airris still a question mark.  Clint and Mack not at all.  Hard to watch when you dislike half the men. Not even a honeymoon period with these guys.   So far okay with the women.  Sorry for Dom.  

• Like 4

This is the most boring season ever. I think people just try out for the show for the tv exposure. They act shocked that they’re supposed to behave like a married couple. Have they not watched the show??? Bad matches this season.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I have to be honest. I couldn’t be around Domynique, Gina or Nicole for a long period of time. The three ladies are chest heavy and I might begin staring in their direction too much. Domynique’s tops weren’t leaving anything to the imagination.

• Like 2

Damn! TWO wives don't want to move in?!?!! & TWO DDs right after move-in?!! WTF?!! Even Alyssa was going to move in...not with her husband there, but still. 🤣 Even Haley moved in & her husband kinda freaked out during their apartment tour. They pulled a Zach?!! SHOCKING!!! It was funny how PC called out Gina, saying it was a step towards divorce. Cut the BS indeed! She pulled out the tears to get out of it. What progress did she want?! Why didn't Clint ask? UGH THESE SURFACE PEOPLE, I CAN'T!!! Then Niq backing out cuz of Mac's attitude. I didn't think he was being off in her apartment, but apparently she was right. Hate that she has to ask how he's feeling for him to tell her what's wrong. Straight BS! So he's not bringing his dogs because of her, but she's saying it shouldn't matter because he hasn't had them since he moved to Nashville? Makes sense. He repeats that he felt criticized & compromised for her & she said she felt "like crap" because of his attitude. Oy. They're a mess! He's unhappy & she didn't think it was that bad, yet she decided to leave? HUH?!! & She said the dog argument was petty?!! One to talk! You don't just leave because you're not feeling it! GROW UP! She's not trying to be understanding at all & just dismissed whatever he said. Could they be more apart on that couch? All the other couples had some distance, except C&N. Anyway, just saying feelings & that's it obviously doesn't work. What's the solution?!! NOT LEAVING! Mac messes up by not saying what he wants. Can't be mad because she does & asserts herself. She shouldn't criticize & dismiss, that's not the best way to get what you want. Really looks like Gina & Niq quit. I can't imagine any kind of coasting to DD.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, endure said:

WTF is wrong with Airris, he talks often about how sexual he is and Jasmine is gorgeous and a lovely woman, I seriously do not get him.

She's not a freak. He won't say it but he has completely shutdown romantically since she wouldn't vibe with him about sex talk.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

Agree totally. Some of the guys are truly unlikable.  I like Shaq and Chris.  Airris still a question mark.  Clint and Mack not at all.  Hard to watch when you dislike half the men. Not even a honeymoon period with these guys.   So far okay with the women.  Sorry for Dom.  

Gina - unwilling to really ever talk about her part in the mess on the honeymoon and putting their marriage at a standstill while Clint is at least trying.

Domynique - completely checked out and thinks she has no flaws. Also, not willing to bend at all.

Kirsten- the woman who has been mentally checked out since she saw a damn bald head

Nicole and Jasmine are fine.

So I'll be over her on the opposite side of the wall.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Chris is going to screw it up.

I feel like he's almost self sabotaging because he's waiting for the other shoe to drop instead of just accepting that they are a good match.

• Like 12

I’m with Shaq: was that a model apartment? Because that did not look like an apartment someone lived in. She didn’t even have chairs. Does she eat standing up? I mean, I eat on my couch too but I have chairs and a table for when I have guests. She didn’t have a dresser; does she put socks and underwear in the closet? No pictures on the wall at all? I found it depressing.

Dom really is a pill, and she calls herself an old soul but she’s actually very immature. She’s whiny and pouty and unpleasant, and doesn’t get that she’s the problem. She reminds me of that horrible nurse in San Diego.

Pastor Cal’s stance on not moving in is similar to my stance on “breaks” in relationships. I don’t see the point. If the goal is to work stuff out to be together, you’re better served doing that together than apart. Pastor Cal is right that if you want to be together, you have to be together. The place has two bedrooms.

11 hours ago, kikicat said:

Less is more for [Nicole] regarding makeup. She's pretty with a softer look

Yes. She has very big features and too much makeup (and too bold a makeup look) makes them even bigger. A softer natural look enhances them without causing them to kind of overwhelm. (“Overwhelming” is also a challenge with clothing; she’s short and chubby so too much volume kind of swallows her up.) Her wedding makeup is heavy and dark and her wedding gown is big, and neither do her any favors. It’s a stark contrast when they show their wedding picture and then her day to day.

I guess we’re really doing bike shorts as fashion, huh? As a cyclist, it makes me chuckle.

• Like 10

This show should just dump the people and just have a show about DOGS.  Nobody is getting along except Nicole and Chris, so they keep showing dogs.  Dogs on the bed, dogs in a cage, dogs in the park, dogs humping.  I love dogs, have had plenty, but this is just too much.  🦮🐕‍🦺💋

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Yeah, this is a terrible season. None of the couples are a good match, except (with a caveat) Nicole and Chris, the caveat being that they showed a glimpse of her crazy side with the CCTV rant about the wedding photo that she's either kept hidden or that's been edited out thus far.

There isn't even any real drama this season, unlike, say, Washington DC, where we had Michael the liar, Zach the narcissist, Taylor the party girl and Brandon the hothead, and with lovely Jessica and sweet Austin just staying out of all the drama and saying to each other "Thank God that's not us!" I think that was probably the last season where they made a genuine effort to match people for a genuine marriage. Ever since then, it seems as if they've gone out of their way to deliberately put people together who they know have no business even being in the same room.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Once again, there are really no likable people here. Nicole was doing ok, but then she made that comment when Pastor Cal told her NOT to ask poor Chris every day if he would say yes on Decision Day. His explanation made sense and she just said to the camera pretty much "F you. I will do it because I want to." That made me like her less. I think they will be fine, but I was surprised that she caved to his lease expectations. She could have moved into his place and if things didn't work, she could find someplace else. She has family so she wouldn't be homeless, as Chris is fearing. I did NOT like seeing his dogs humping everything. That is not right and should not be tolerated. I have dogs and love them to death, but that is a big NO.

While most of the people are pretty "meh," Gina and especially Dom are just downright horrible. Dom has that constant smirk and thinks she is so perfect and entitled to get her Santa list from the experts and is pouting because she didn't. I believe Mac when he said he feels like she has been telling him what is wrong with him the whole time. She is bratty and spoiled and is not even cute. She dresses horribly. There seems to be a lot of body positivity this season, but not much sense of pride in how they look. On the Afterparty last night, Dom kept whining about how we didn't see Mac going off for more than 10 minutes (highly doubtful) on what he doesn't like about HER. If so, good! And if he managed to keep that inside for all this time during the honeymoon, he finally got it out. I like him, kinda. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality at all, but with her constantly saying how she is disappointed, who can blame him? And SHE keeps talking about his negative energy??? What a prima donna and no where near an old soul - just a spoiled immature baby whose mother had to try to get someone to take of her hands.

I also liked Clint more. I do believe he is trying and Gina needs to move in and go to that other bedroom. She is done and her reason made no sense. Of course it is not more of a failure to sleep in separate rooms than to not live together at all. She is another one who thinks she is all that and she is not. She is or could be pretty, but her mouth is too big.

Airris is an ass. He will never like "his queen"because she isn't kinky or have a big butt. I have no idea why she likes him, but she will be disappointed. He isn't buying it.

Shaq seems to be a good guy. Kirsten sure has a horrible baby voice and she will be the one to ruin this for them. Pastor Cal sure did take Shaq's side with the corny jokes. Not gonna work. She is too cold and sterile - that apartment???

I want Dom to not move in and then be off the show. I hope they call it early and I hope she stays away, but I bet she will be like Alyssa and keep showing up, even after they split. I wish Gina would go and stay away, too.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m glad the dogs are gelling. I’m sensing a lot of hesitation on Chris’ part to go all in. It makes no sense if your leases end at the same to reup them and not move in together I unless you’re having second thoughts.

Have these stupid people ever heard of month to month leases? It's pretty common after the initial lease expires to have the option of going MTM at a higher rental rate for a while. It's not rocket science, Chris. Don't make it an issue. I think Nicole is such a sweetie she's going along with everything he wants when she clearly isn't on board with his ideas. I hope she doesn't get burned because of her giving nature. 

Did they ever show Clint's living situation? I was fast forwarding a lot so maybe I missed it. I'm dying to see his idea of comfortable living. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Dakisela said:

And how many of them have said God led them to it.  If my God told me my best chance at getting married was going on this show, I'd be seriously re-evaluating both my faith and my desire to be married.

11 hours ago, endure said:

WTF is wrong with Airris, he talks often about how sexual he is and Jasmine is gorgeous and a lovely woman, I seriously do not get him.

He said she's pretty (noting that she's a [3rd rate] pageant queen), but that her ass is too small for his liking.  I can see that being more important than a pretty face when it comes to sexual attraction.

Which, speaking of, Cal was grinding my last nerve.  First of all, I wish they'd stop concentrating on the use of the word "ginger," because the excuse for that is "I didn't know it was offensive," and that ends the inquiry without getting to the actual insult.  Gina said she wasn't attracted to people "with ginger features."  Substitute "red-headed" for "ginger" and there's no excusing the rudeness. 

Second, Cal said to Clint something like you can't tell me she's not an attractive woman, and I thought, "I don't know about Clint but I can tell you that."  One standard of beauty is symmetry in the face and Gina definitely doesn't have it.  I also find her gaping maw with flapping lips and blinding teeth to be exceedingly unattractive. 

Cal seems to think there's no difference between these two scenarios when it comes to being attracted to someone:  (1) You marry someone you know nothing about, have never communicated with, or seen a photo of, and (2) you've been with someone for 10 years and he's in an accident and gets his face burned up.  He thinks attraction can just as easily grow as it can survive, and I think he's just flat wrong.

10 hours ago, endure said:

I guess my thought is [power couple is] like The Clintons, or Beyonce and JZ, the Obama's etc - a couple who has more worldly influence, but he has used it before on this show, and I've found it off putting and confusing.  I guess good looks doesn't represent power to me and he applies it to 'barely even there' couples.

I'm trying to remember who all he's said it about.  I have the impression that he's cited only Black couples.  These two, plus Stacia and Nate in San Diego.  Who else?

10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Kirsten's apartment is just like her personality - bland. It doesn't look like the apartment Dr. Pepper visited to do the pre-marriage interview.  

I don't remember her apartment from then, but on the aftershow Kirsten said she moved into that apartment during Covid and ordered furniture but it was delayed by many many months so she just canceled the order.  Clint helpfully suggested that there's furniture available next to garbage cans all the time.

Also on the aftershow, Dom said that before the cameras showed up on the day they talked to Cal, Mackinley had gone on a rant about all the ways she wasn't what he asked for.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Gina-Clint situation, where they were both airing their opinions, but Dom did say that the things Mack said before and after the cameras were rolling were quite different, calling it a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing.

And back to Cal, Dom said one of her requirements was no dogs on the bed, and Cal exasperatedly said that that's where you can compromise.  How, exactly, does one compromise on no dogs on the bed?  [Or now that I think about it, did Mack even mention his dogs, since he left them in Michigan?]  Same with Shaq's corny jokes.  The compromise is that Kirsten has to put up with them, presumably because Cal's wife puts up with his.  This, friends, is why people DATE before getting married.

And I have to say I'm with Dom on Mackinley's suitability for this show.  He apparently makes money from his weed business in Michigan, and has been in Nashville only a few months, living in his friend's parents' basement.  I remember at the wedding a family member of Mack's asked Dom how she'd feel about moving to Michigan, as if it was pretty much a certainty Mack would be moving back.  Maybe the family member was talking out her ass, but maybe not.  Regardless, I'm sure it surprised Nashville native Dom that she'd be matched with someone who has put down no roots in Nashville at all.  And the timing of his move to Nashville vis a vis the show's timeline makes me a little suspicious. 

I think she expressed a valid concern when she pointed out that he couldn't make the commitment to sign a lease but could make a commitment to be married at first sight on the show.  I was kind of buying living in the basement as a way station until picking an apartment--until I found out that it's been five months AND his dogs will stay in Michigan until he gets his own place.  Mackinley got all butt-hurt, saying she was saying he doesn't love is dogs, but I'm on her side.  If your dogs are so important to you, sign a damn lease and get them down to the place you're setting up your life.  Otherwise, one could conclude that you're not interested in setting up a life there at all.  Or you don't love your dogs.  Or that you don't have the money you claim you do.  Whatever--there's something hinky going on.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Once again, there are really no likable people here. Nicole was doing ok, but then she made that comment when Pastor Cal told her NOT to ask poor Chris every day if he would say yes on Decision Day. His explanation made sense and she just said to the camera pretty much "F you. I will do it because I want to." That made me like her less. I think they will be fine, but I was surprised that she caved to his lease expectations. She could have moved into his place and if things didn't work, she could find someplace else. She has family so she wouldn't be homeless, as Chris is fearing. I did NOT like seeing his dogs humping everything. That is not right and should not be tolerated. I have dogs and love them to death, but that is a big NO.

While most of the people are pretty "meh," Gina and especially Dom are just downright horrible. Dom has that constant smirk and thinks she is so perfect and entitled to get her Santa list from the experts and is pouting because she didn't. I believe Mac when he said he feels like she has been telling him what is wrong with him the whole time. She is bratty and spoiled and is not even cute. She dresses horribly. There seems to be a lot of body positivity this season, but not much sense of pride in how they look. On the Afterparty last night, Dom kept whining about how we didn't see Mac going off for more than 10 minutes (highly doubtful) on what he doesn't like about HER. If so, good! And if he managed to keep that inside for all this time during the honeymoon, he finally got it out. I like him, kinda. He doesn't seem to have much of a personality at all, but with her constantly saying how she is disappointed, who can blame him? And SHE keeps talking about his negative energy??? What a prima donna and no where near an old soul - just a spoiled immature baby whose mother had to try to get someone to take of her hands.

I also liked Clint more. I do believe he is trying and Gina needs to move in and go to that other bedroom. She is done and her reason made no sense. Of course it is not ore of a failure to sleep in separate rooms than to not live together at all. She is another one who thinks she is all that and she is not. She is or could be pretty, but her mouth is too big.

Airris is an ass. He will never like "his queen"because she isn't kinky or have a big butt. I have no idea why she likes him, but she will be disappointed. He isn't buying it.

Shaq seems to be a good guy. Kirsten sure has a horrible baby voice and she will be the one to ruin this for them. Pastor Cal sure did take Shaq's side with the corny jokes. Not gonna work. She is too cold and sterile - that apartment???

I want Dom to not move in and then be off the show. I hope they call it early and I hope she stays away, but I bet she will be like Alyssa and keep showing up, even after they split. I wish Gina would go and stay away, too.

WOW .. you said everything I was thinking, but said it so much better.  Right on all counts.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did they ever show Clint's living situation? I was fast forwarding a lot so maybe I missed it. I'm dying to see his idea of comfortable living. 

I can't remember if they showed his apartment, but he lives in the same downtown high-rise Gina does.  Seems to be kind of fancy--Gina said she saw a camera crew there one day and later went to "the valet" and asked what they were doing. 

On the aftershow Clint said he's lived there six years, and keeps his boats at a yacht club.  When he lived in Florida, before Nashville, he lived on the water.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

This show should just dump the people and just have a show about DOGS.  Nobody is getting along except Nicole and Chris, so they keep showing dogs.  Dogs on the bed, dogs in a cage, dogs in the park, dogs humping.  I love dogs, have had plenty, but this is just too much.  🦮🐕‍🦺💋

I Agree Yes Yes Yes GIF by Tracey Matney - Victory Points Social

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Have these stupid people ever heard of month to month leases? It's pretty common after the initial lease expires to have the option of going MTM at a higher rental rate for a while. It's not rocket science, Chris. Don't make it an issue

That's not pretty common at all. It especially depends on where you live and other variables like the complex itself.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm trying to remember who all he's said it about.  I have the impression that he's cited only Black couples.  These two, plus Stacia and Nate in San Diego.  Who else?

He normally says it to couples that say they wanted that like Chris of Paige and Chris. Black people are generally the ones that come on and say they are looking to be in a power couple, I'm looking for my king or queen and looking to grow their legacy via kids. That's just an observation. I am black and I mean no disrespect. I think a lot of it is just regurgitated rhetoric they've heard elsewhere.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
35 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

That's not pretty common at all. It especially depends on where you live and other variables like the complex itself

Yeah, in every building I’ve lived in but one, month to month leases are something you’d have to ask for and could easily be denied. I have lived in one building that offered month to month leases as a matter of course. (Also re: pets, every building I’ve lived in and every rental I’ve ever heard of has had restrictions on pets. Type, number, size, breed, etc. I don’t know of any rental in which you can have unlimited pets, which I’m sure is why Jasmine breeds her dogs at what I think is her parents’ house. No rental is going to let you have 12 dogs.)

3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Also, can blown up lips be reversed?

I’ve never had fillers but I believe they fade over time. It’s quite possible to have naturally full lips that suit your face* but Gina’s don’t really fit hers. I’m not sure if I find her unattractive because of her features or her attitude, but I do find her unattractive.

*I got teased for mine when I was a kid and my mother correctly pointed out that people spend good money for lips like ours, which I was too young to understand at the time. I get it now!

• Like 5

Airris and Jasmine

They have a chance but I think she is insecure about her appearance and whether she is on the same level as him. I'm unclear why a man who's never even fallen deeply in love would think having a mate picked out for him would work.

The premise of this show is these people really want the married life, they want to share the adventure of life with someone. They theoretically know that marriage can be hard. Yet few of them seem to anticipate that. I think he'll bail on the marriage. 

Christopher and Nicole

This is the only couple I thought might have a chance. I hope his conversation with her was an aberration and he just had a brain fart moment. I don't know where his head is at it might be temporary buyers remorse.

Clint and Gina

I'd say this couple is doomed. He should have admitted he only insulted her because his feelings were hurt. There was no good reason for her to tell him she's put off by semi red headed men. He should have risen above it. She may have bailed on it before they even got married.

Mackinley and Domynique

I have no doubt people lie and dissemble in their many interviews. They don't necessarily want to be married but they do want to be on TV and make this an experience of a life time. If I was single in my mid 20's to mid 30's I'd throw my hat in the ring figuring it was a one and a thousand shot. Mack bio is telling.

Mackinley, 33, was left blindsided by his most recent relationship. Since then, he has had trust issues. His fear of getting hurt again has caused him to put a wall up and he's tired of feeling like he can't fully open up to women.

He's pretty much in the same situation only technically they're married. Her bio says she's confident she is ready for marriage. She must have believed marriage requires no effort. Not sure if they last the 8 weeks...

I agree with Pastor Cal getting on these people for not moving in. These are folks who swore in the interview they are committed no matter who walks down the alley to make it work...provided it takes no effort. Give it 8 weeks of effort for crying out loud.

Shaquille and Kirsten

If she gets off her high horse they might have a chance. I don't think she will she's Queen Sheeba in her mind.

• Like 5

Just wait a few years, have a few babies and that ass will be plenty big.

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Worst season ever. No one is trying.  I just hope Chris and Nicole stay together.  Most just want to be on tv and have a vacation with no strings attached.

They should strap these people into a lie detector. Its not all the 'experts' fault. You wind up with folks who are really good liars. Like most liars they abandon the lie the moment it no longer serves a purpose. 

The most genuine couple is Christopher and Nicole. Its appears they really did want to get married and make a marriage work.

Is it a shock to some folks that being married involves living together?

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I think she’s so much better-looking.

yeah, she is much more attractive in looks and personality.  i am kind of surprised that, if she's been in a lot of beauty contests, she has not done something to fix her teeth, but she's charming and he sure is not

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

s it a shock to some folks that being married involves living together?

But, haven't we also heard how very few of the couples actually I've in the apartment and are just there for filming? I would imagine that if they wanted to really live there, they do, but many of them don't. For some, where they live is closer to their jobs, but I think they have to be there for filming evenings and weekends.

• Like 1

I wish they had to sign a contract that said they would move into the apartment.  They have 2 bedrooms so they don't have to sleep together if they feel uncomfortable. The couples that do not even try should have to give up the money and exposure of being on the show.  I want couples that are willing to work at this relationship.  Plus it would help if the experts spent more time with them.  They need guidance and therapy.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1