Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E05: Week 5

Crashcourse
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

She was the best part of this episode!  They should have her on ATFR.

Maybe she could be the bachelorette when they finally do the senior bachelorette?

1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I missed the conversation with Zach and Greer, so can someone tell me what he said to her that was so mean?

Greer was trying to show she understood how frustrating it was for the Z-man to get Covid by talking about how she had gotten Covid when she was trying to finish her sales quarter successfully.  The Z-man got all outraged and snippy that she would compare her sales job to his finding his best friend, love of his life, wife for ever and ever, etc.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Greer was trying to show she understood how frustrating it was for the Z-man to get Covid by talking about how she had gotten Covid when she was trying to finish her sales quarter successfully.  The Z-man got all outraged and snippy that she would compare her sales job to his finding his best friend, love of his life, wife for ever and ever, etc.

Oh, ok, thanks.  Maybe he felt that she was putting too much focus on herself and not him. 

• Like 2

I may have to rewatch but I didn’t think Zach was getting snippy and Greer reframed what she was saying, he tried to reassure her that he got it.  I thought her reaction after the call was a bit much. 
Zach’s looks are growing on me as an average guy. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I may have to rewatch but I didn’t think Zach was getting snippy and Greer reframed what she was saying, he tried to reassure her that he got it.  I thought her reaction after the call was a bit much. 
Zach’s looks are growing on me as an average guy. 

Yeah I didn't think his reaction was too bad but I did note that he was not his usual self. I also thought there was something cut or frankensteined into that clip. And didn't Zach hasten to reassure her?
Greer may be very bratty and maybe he was frustrated plus he wasn't feeling well.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Couldn't they put Zach into a hazmat suit for the cocktail party and rose ceremony? He could have handed out the roses and safely fondled thighs that way! 😅

Hahahaha

Actual footage of the rose ceremony with Zach and Jesse:

"Zach! Jesse barada nikto!"

gort.png

Edited by phlebas
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
On 2/20/2023 at 8:03 PM, DEL901 said:

Without makeup, I thought Greer looked like Catherine Lowe.  

Thank you. I’ve thought that from the first episode. Even with make-up.

I love London but I found it more overwhelming historically than anything else. Romantic and perfect place to fall in love? Nah. In Bachelor/ette World  every location is the “perfect place to fall in love.”  I’ve been a tea drinker since I was a young teen & that was a long time ago. I even buy the good stuff from the UK but a tattoo? Nope, never would have occurred to me. 

Edited by limecoke
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, limecoke said:

I even buy the good stuff from the UK but a tattoo? Nope, never would have occurred to me

was there some mention of "tea party" that I missed? She's too young to reference the 2010 phenomenon, right?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

Reality Steve revealed a couple of details about this episode and in general that we didn't get to see...

Greer and Gabi knew each before the show! They were at the University of Mississippi at the same time and were in the same sorority....yet it has never been mentioned on the series at all. Weird! And RS was wondering if Greer was extra jealous over Gabi's shopping bounty due to something from their past history.

RS said he heard one of the girls tested positive for covid but he's not sure who.

Gabi was semi-isolated by removing her roommate.

The zoom cocktail party was supposed to be shot at a castle. Too bad we lost that location!

He thinks one of the upcoming weeks is going to have a double night airing in order to get the show to end in time to start filming the bachelorette.

The Woman Tell-All is supposed to film this Friday.

Bachelorette will start filming soon - I started a spoiler thread so we can begin theories about who will get the role...

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 2
  • Useful 6

Finally watched this London drama.  

If I was the sick one, I'd be waiting to see who reaches out to ME, to make sure I'm ok.  

These gals all sat around mopey-eyed about themselves.  How it ruined THEIR days, how it's bad for THEM.

Except that one producer setup of the one girl (names are a blur) who sat outside his door.  Even as a setup, it was a nice touch.

Greer is a narcissist.  In the 1st episode, she referred to herself in the 1st person.  "Greer is a wonderful person.  Greer is looking for love".  She told Zack that on Zoom calls, she's so distracted by her own reflection, she can't look away.  She pouted and cried on the floor when Zack dared to get sick, ruining HER trip.

Having said that, Zack was a jerk to her, in that conversation.  

Greer is in Medical sales, which I know very well.  Sales quotas and extreme pressure are very real.  She was trying to relate by saying that she understands getting Covid in a time of extreme pressure, but Zack bit back.

I felt bad for Ms. 1st person Narcissist in that moment.

The fact that, afterwards, she questioned herself over and over, cried, kept questioning herself, is the sign that you're with someone who makes you walk on eggshells.  Did I say the right thing?  OMG, I should have said this, I shouldn't have said that....

Something tells me, that although Rachel wasn't the perfect Bachelorette, that there's more to their Fantasy Suite date story than we're hearing.

And I hated that Zack brought that up in this episode.  Dude, we get it.  It didn't work out.  You're the Bachelor now.  It's not like it was a long relationship that you had to get over.  It was one season of a stupid reality show.  Move on.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

One thing I have noticed (perhaps slightly in Zach's defense) is that despite his snippy little moment this week, every woman from his season who I've heard interviewed absolutely raves about him.

In the past few weeks I've heard Charity, Mercedes, Aly, Brooklyn and Gabi all express what a genuinely kind person he is and how he made them all feel so comfortable and safe. I'm sure some of that is just being savvy and not wanting to trash the lead, but contestants from past seasons have definitely not all been so gushing over their respective Bachelors. This season's group do seem to genuinely think he's a good guy. 

• Like 9
On 2/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, limecoke said:

I love London but I found it more overwhelming historically than anything else. Romantic and perfect place to fall in love?

Right? London is great, but you have to prep for cloudy, wet, and cold at all times. I don't know that they gave these people weather reports before they left.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2023 at 10:06 AM, tennisgurl said:

I really cant tell if Gabi was trying to rub in her gifts or if she was asked by producers to show off her gifts, or was just excited and wanted to see her cool new stuff without any malicious intentions, but wow did some of the other girls not handle that well. 

100% producer driven. Everything is. 

From Greer sitting outside Gabi's door to Gabi showing off all the merchandise.

Especially producer driven since it's been now revealed that Greer and Gabi went to school together and know each other. Extra salt being rubbed into the wound.

• Applause 1

I haven’t been watching this season of Bachelor. I do stop by the forum to read the posts to get the gist of what has been going on. Especially for Rainsongs recaps which are always more entertaining than the show itself. I just can’t find the thrill in it all anymore with these bachelors of not-so-handsomeness, while they are delivered a bevy of beauties. At least the outer appearance of most of them is. Why cant they come up with ONE single drop dead gorgeous man ever? I could at least then, believe the bevy is truly interested and falling over themselves for time with the main man.

Zach is ok looking. But a TeeVee show centered around men handed a platter of hand picked gorgeous young ladies has become a bit nauseating to see play out. Especially when the common looking lead starts becoming demanding of perfection in others while slipping deeper into over entitlement for his precious self. 

That’s about all I can say, other than I wouldn’t give him a second look if he was standing in a group of other men. I think about the recent past bachelors without naming names, the only recent one that could reasonably called good looking or handsome was Matt. Though personality wise, he was dull. 

I just can’t see watching season after season of all this time, money, travel destinations and grandiosity focused around such mediocre offerings for the many beautiful women to cat fight over. Ho hum. 🥱

Is there not even ONE Brad Pittish ruggedly handsome male with charisma out there to play the part? Not even ONE after all these years? Faces are kind of important in the spark department. That is one factor that is obvious the one who picks all the ladies seem to agree on. Too much emphasis is being placed on the male bodies in the shower with the water and soap suds dripping down hardened abs. I can’t get past the thought that it is a promiscuous gay man who picks all these male leads thinking they are “hot” because they all look like they’ve just walked out of the gym and are ready for some physical action. After their showers. 

Give me a slightly chubby guy who looks comfortable to hug, with a face, smile, eyes and personality to die for over any of these hard bodies anyday. Bald or unstyled hair not coifed to helmet perfection. Jutting lower jaws and perma flare nostrils all wearing the same haircut has bored me to the point that I do not care about “the journey” or who ends up “winning” the lame prize anymore. 

Edited by SassyCat
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

So I lost respect for Zach this episode. I feel that Greer's situation was worse because she was working on an actual deadline for work and didn't have the luxury of having life stop until she got better. Also, even if Zach's situation was worse, why argue? What a jerk! Also, he talks about himself more than any other bachelor.  When the girls are telling their producer-pushed sad-sob stories, Zach interjects a lot.  It is almost as bad as when Gabby, the Bachelorette, would interrupt in every episode with, "...everything that you just said reminds me about how my mother doesn't love me". Zach is turning into an all-about-me boyfriend.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I haven’t been watching this season of Bachelor. I do stop by the forum to read the posts to get the gist of what has been going on. Especially for Rainsongs recaps which are always more entertaining than the show itself. I just can’t find the thrill in it all anymore with these bachelors of not-so-handsomeness, while they are delivered a bevy of beauties. At least the outer appearance of most of them is. Why cant they come up with ONE single drop dead gorgeous man ever? I could at least then, believe the bevy is truly interested and falling over themselves for time with the main man.

Zach is ok looking. But a TeeVee show centered around men handed a platter of hand picked gorgeous young ladies has become a bit nauseating to see play out. Especially when the common looking lead starts becoming demanding of perfection in others while slipping deeper into over entitlement for his precious self. 

That’s about all I can say, other than I wouldn’t give him a second look if he was standing in a group of other men. I think about the recent past bachelors without naming names, the only recent one that could reasonably called good looking or handsome was Matt. Though personality wise, he was dull. 

I just can’t see watching season after season of all this time, money, travel destinations and grandiosity focused around such mediocre offerings for the many beautiful women to cat fight over. Ho hum. 🥱

Is there not even ONE Brad Pittish ruggedly handsome male with charisma out there to play the part? Not even ONE after all these years? Faces are kind of important in the spark department. That is one factor that is obvious the one who picks all the ladies seem to agree on. Too much emphasis is being placed on the male bodies in the shower with the water and soap suds dripping down hardened abs. I can’t get past the thought that it is a promiscuous gay man who picks all these male leads thinking they are “hot” because they all look like they’ve just walked out of the gym and are ready for some physical action. After their showers. 

Give me a slightly chubby guy who looks comfortable to hug, with a face, smile, eyes and personality to die for over any of these hard bodies anyday. Bald or unstyled hair not coifed to helmet perfection. Jutting lower jaws and perma flare nostrils all wearing the same haircut has bored me to the point that I do not care about “the journey” or who ends up “winning” the lame prize anymore. 

I hear you SassyCat! I don't think there's ever been a bachelor lead on this show who I thought was really hot. There have been some contestants that have been pretty decent but they never seem to be able to land them as the lead. I liked Peter from Rachel L's season. And Gabby's ex Erich is really nice looking but he ended up being all about the influencing / modeling scene. Aven and his "package" were fine! And I loved the Aussie surfer dude. My hope is that if they pick one of the gorgeous ladies from this season to be the next bachelorette then they will have to up the level of hotness in the men they put together for her. And then they can pick from that group of men for the next Bachelor!

This season has been enjoyable in that Zach appears to be serious about finding a wife. IMO the girls seem genuinely interested in him - I think they are attracted to his 'niceness'. Finding a man that is decent looking and is not a narcissistic womanizer can be very difficult to do! Plus he has a nice family, a famous uncle and a good job. He reminds me of someone I dated after my divorce...although my guy was better looking (!) he was very casual about how gorgeous he was. I think it had something to do with the fact that he had been a heavy child. Zach has the same background. My guy was a sweetheart too but unfortunately, I was a few years older than him and the age difference got us in the end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Melonie77 said:

My hope is that if they pick one of the gorgeous ladies from this season to be the next bachelorette then they will have to up the level of hotness in the men they put together for her. And then they can pick from that group of men for the next Bachelor!

I sincerely hope so because I like to watch the Bachelorette for the eye candy and it’s usually very disappointing. There have been very few hotties among the guys (if you’re comparing with the standard of a young Brad Pitt) compared to the number of really good looking women on this show but there were a few like Tyler Cameron, Peter Kraus, Ryan Sutter, Brad Womack  and even jerk Jake Pavelka. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

There have been very few hotties among the guys (if you’re comparing with the standard of a young Brad Pitt) compared to the number of really good looking women on this show but there were a few like Tyler Cameron, Peter Kraus, Ryan Sutter, Brad Womack  and even jerk Jake Pavelka. 

Absolutely! I just looked up Tyler as I did not see the season he was on - he IS good-looking! And I too thought Jake was cute. I guess Juan Puablo was nice-looking, not counting his personality. Johnny from last year ranks pretty high in my book. But you're right - there have been quite a number of cute guys but nowhere near the number of hot ones to match the number of hot women they have hosted.😠 Maybe they have to up the swag they offer. I think they might have more trouble getting men than women. They hunt through Instagram for guys and I don't know if they have to do that for women.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

We did have Brad Womack, but that was a long time ago, and no male lead since him has ever come close. It's important to note that Brad was one of the last non-recycled leads.

I still have a crush on Brad. ☺️

• Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Andrew Firestone was a hunky bachelor to watch with his angular light blue eyes and dark hair 😋.  I think that Zach is definitely handsome with his deep-set small eyes, strong brow and chest hair and that deep voice, but he loses me with his super cheesy jokes and basic personality.  Hottest bachelorette contestant of all time to me: JP Rosenbaum 🔥😙.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Hottest bachelorette contestant of all time to me: JP Rosenbaum 🔥😙.

I loved JP!  And I know he’s not popular on these boards, but I always had a big crush on Arie.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

I saw the whole Covid chat between Zach and Greer a bit differently than some others.  When he was talking about his current experience with Covid, Greer immediately brought up her bout with Covid.  Yes, she was trying to share the experience with Zach, but she reminded me of some friends that when I am sharing something they immediately jump in with their own stories hijacking the conversation and, at times, trying to make it a competition in which their version is so much worse than what I am experiencing.  I would just like to share my story as I listen to theirs without trying to steer the conversation my way.  Maybe Zach was just feeling crappy and wanted to explain his situation without having to console someone else. Sometimes one should just let the other have a moment to share what is happening without having to one-up the conversation.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, seacliffsal said:

Maybe Zach was just feeling crappy and wanted to explain his situation without having to console someone else.

That's a good point. Given that he seems to have to spend every one on one date consoling his date about her horrible past, I could see him, being sick, wanting someone to actually console him rather than bring up their troubles. 

I think it was just a miscommunication between the two. They each had an expectation that the other didn't meet. He wanted someone to just listen to him with no expectations, while she wanted to try to connect with him by sharing a similar experience she had. 

When I had Covid I was miserable and just wanted to curl up in bed with the blankets over my head. I can't imaging being forced to be social when all I wanted to do was sleep. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I dont' like Zach, I just can't get into him. He's too paternal, scoldy, and comes off as someone that wants to be the leader/director in a relationship and marriage and make the final decisions. To me, his rudeness/dismissal of Greer was annoyance that she was talking about something important to her that wasn't about him or relationships. That said, for someone that wants a nice, stable, good provider, loyal man, and a traditional marriage, he fits the bill. He's also 6'4 and only 24-- so very mature and tall.

But, and not to be mean, he looks too simian for me, with his small super deep set eyes and flared nostrils. There is nothing that grosses me out more (I actually thought this was what they were talking about with the "ick" that makes you grossed out and not like the guy anymore) than being able to look inside someone's nostrils. And his tics--stammering while closing his eyes and turning his head away when he's feeling shy or vulnerable, to me, comes off as an effect of too many concussions playing football.

Clearly, I'm not a fan. I think all the girls-- even the most obnoxious ones, seem pretty cool, and they are all very pretty. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 5

Actually, he is 26.  For me, I am irritated by his constant use of the word like.  I’m hoping his abrupt dismissal of Greer’s attempt at empathy was because of how sick he felt. 

• Like 1