Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: He Ain’t Heavy

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

equalizer-season-3-episode-8.jpg
Mel engages in a tense family reunion when she and her disapproving sister (Camilla Mana) race against the clock to save their brother Edison (Travis Salter) after he’s abducted. Also, as the team unravels the motivation behind Edison’s kidnapping, Mel grapples with the fallout of her argument with McCall about training Delilah.

Premiere Date: SUNDAY, February 19, 2023     8pm   CBS
Note Time Change
Gloria Reuben (Trish)
Travis Salter (Edison Bayani)

equalizer-season-3-episode-8g.jpg

Camilla Mana (Ruby)
J Alexis James (Journey)
Elle Rigg (Monica Bradley)
Nick Delany (Anthony Walters)
Laurence Blum (Jim Voss)
Chamblee Ferguson (Royce Binion)

I do appreciate that they didn't drag Mel and her brother drama out longer than necessary.  I also liked that even though Robin didn't like it, she came around to Dee continuing to train with Mel.  I always like when Harry can get out into the field.  We'll see how Aunt Vi's new endeavor develops.

• Like 7

This episode was a little light on the main story, it could have been shown in half the time, I guess they were giving Mel time to do some emotional acting. I don't know why every TV show kills all the underlings and leave the big bosses alive to come back and get their revenge. I would make sure the big boss died.

• Like 3

I know a lot of people love Aunt Vi, but I wish they would skip the home stuff and just concentrate on the case of the week.  I don't dislike her or Dee, but if I wanted that stuff, I'd watch a soap or "family drama" or whatever they call the nighttime soaps.  Fine for those that enjoy them, but they are not for me.  

Also, I'd like Robyn and the cop to stay professional.  The only home life that interests me is Mel and Harry.

Sigh.  I'm an old fuddy-duddy.

Oh, best part was when Harry was stalling the money transfer.

• Like 2

I think it's smart for Robyn to allow Dee to continue training with Mel...can you imagine your Mom teaching you how to kill people? (Well, self-defense...)

And I wonder if the head of the hedge fund really IS going to prison, because all the shit Harry did to get into the air-gapped servers was very illegal! (I'll fan wank that there was some other evidence, because Dante arrested him, not the Feds!)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kwnyc said:

And I wonder if the head of the hedge fund really IS going to prison, because all the shit Harry did to get into the air-gapped servers was very illegal! (I'll fan wank that there was some other evidence, because Dante arrested him, not the Feds!)

Harry restored all the deleted transactions so it was probably obvious to anybody who could access the computers what really occurred.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Johann said:

The only home life that interests me is Mel and Harry.

The strange family with Mel and another as yet not shown brother in the armed services yet those two seemed shocked that Mel learned how to shoot in the military. An USAF sniper on a women's contact team in Afghanistan if I remember her bio correctly.

4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

Like the Colombians can't get revenge on someone in a New York or federal prison. But pulling a Law & Order lawyer's twist only puts more spotlight on the villain as his only hope is witness protection, or at least a humanitarian/safe prisons move to serve his sentence under a new name since he knows nothing but how he stole.

• Like 2
Just now, doktor said:

How is it possible that this garbage is still on the air?

Well NBC just revamped by adding a 4 year old discarded Magnum. FOX has been changing up and ABC waits for a once cancelled  American Idol.  I guess it does good enough compared to other Sunday shows.

4 hours ago, Raja said:

Like the Colombians can't get revenge on someone in a New York or federal prison. But pulling a Law & Order lawyer's twist only puts more spotlight on the villain as his only hope is witness protection, or at least a humanitarian/safe prisons move to serve his sentence under a new name since he knows nothing but how he stole.

That's what I was thinking when Harry said he was going to prison. Not for long Harry, he'll be dead before the day's out if they don't get him into witness protection or something.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Raja said:

The strange family with Mel and another as yet not shown brother in the armed services yet those two seemed shocked that Mel learned how to shoot in the military. An USAF sniper on a women's contact team in Afghanistan if I remember her bio correctly.

It didn't seem like she told them she was a sniper, just in the service.  I think they were shocked when she physically beat 3 larger men.  Not knowing her specialized background, I'd be shocked, too, if someone I knew could do that just from being in the military.

13 hours ago, doktor said:

How is it possible that this garbage is still on the air?

For me.  Just for me.  And the others that enjoy it.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Raja said:

The strange family with Mel and another as yet not shown brother in the armed services yet those two seemed shocked that Mel learned how to shoot in the military

I was confused for a bit while watching because I thought the brother we saw was the one in the military. Should have been paying closer attention, I guess.  

I thought it was strange that Harry didn't call Robyn when Mel didn't return home overnight and wasn't responding to calls or texts. Their relationship is so odd to me, as the actors just do not sell "husband and wife" in their scenes together.  It has improved since season one, but not by much.  I've sometimes wondered how/if the actors get along behind the scenes.  

I'm okay with the case of the week stuff, along as there are no fight scenes.  Love her to pieces, but Queen Latifah is terrible at fight choreography, at least on this show. 

As for the family dynamics, the personal and professional lines have been blurred for awhile now.  Robyn is finally catching on.      

• Like 2

I thought this was a great episode.  I'm glad that they quickly resolved the mid-season cliffhanger about Mel's brother that we had never heard of.  I liked the family dynamic.  For some reason, I guess I never knew that Mel's full name is Melody, I thought it was Melanie.  I think Ruby is the older sister, and her repeatedly calling Mel "Melody" made me smile.  I liked that Ruby came to respect what Mel is doing.

I think Lorraine Toussaint is amazing, so I loved Aunt Vi's story.  I really wanted her to win the trip to Paris, but it seems she ended up getting a job offer to teach.  I like that she is happy.  I want to see more of her cooking.

Did they ever actually identify which painting was hers?  Maybe I missed it.  Was it the one of the side profile of the woman with the long braid?

To get her more involved with the show so she doesn't just feel shoehorned in, I thought that maybe she should work with Dante and for the police as a sketch artist.  She sketched for them before when she was a witness because she decided it was easier to just do it herself.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I thought this was a great episode.  I'm glad that they quickly resolved the mid-season cliffhanger about Mel's brother that we had never heard of.  I liked the family dynamic.  For some reason, I guess I never knew that Mel's full name is Melody, I thought it was Melanie.  I think Ruby is the older sister, and her repeatedly calling Mel "Melody" made me smile.  I liked that Ruby came to respect what Mel is doing.

I agree older sister and rescuing a younger brother. But half playing Filipino family dynamics we would as much use an older siblings name to address them as using a parents name instead of mom or dad.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Did they ever actually identify which painting was hers?  Maybe I missed it.  Was it the one of the side profile of the woman with the long braid?

Yes, they showed it before in a previous episode.

• Like 3

This wasn't a bad episode, but it was just a little weird that we got ALL the family drama with Mel and her siblings that we had NEVER heard of before.

Glad the 'Dee getting trained' story is resolved, because it was kinda silly in the first place.

So Aunt Vi will be a teacher now? I didn't quite catch what she will be doing. In any case, that should open up some new story possibilities.

[ETA]: Forgot -- the only standout fashion was Robyn's multi-color denim jacket: https://wornontv.net/342525/

But Aunt Vi's gallery outfit was good too.

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1