Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: If You Can't Jump, You Plunge

• Start Topic

Something about Danielle’s energy reminded me of Irene from Real World Seattle (the one that slapped the dude). I think it’s the way she seems to get off on instigating by saying bitchy things. 

I think Jeymi may not be gay and I think Nicole’s boy is. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Yohan would have been a great fit with that nutjob from Michigan. The one with the beauty/botox business. I can't remember her name but she had $$$$. Ya'll remember who I'm talking about? 

Do you mean the one who broke up with the love of her life & then fucked his cousin the next night? Stephanie maybe?

• LOL 1
On 2/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, KateHearts said:

I actually like Debbie: I think she is kind of a weird-in-a-benign-and-lovable, caring sort of soul, who has a normal son and recognizes that she has had a few disappointing relationships. Thank goodness she's not another slobbering, classless, loud Angela or a drink-throwing, chain-smoking groupie BG Lisa or a sad, dentured cat lady Other Debbie. I'm hopeful. 

I'm kinda on the fence with Debbie since we only got a glimpse of her story. I need clarification on her attacking her boy-toy (TLC showed short promo's weeks ago). She seemed ruthless. I think we're going to find out that she's not all that nice.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:37 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Nichole looked so much better in the older photos with red hair and a different cut.  When she does those interviews with the blonde cut (wig?), the deer-in-the-headlights expression, the blouse that goes up to the neck, and the alabaster skin

I think she's pretty in the older photos. Her current blonde haircut looks to be a throwback of a 70 year old style back in the 70's. Not becoming at all. The up-to-the-neck blouse she wears is very, very unbecoming to her.

• Like 3
On 2/21/2023 at 1:36 PM, KateHearts said:

Nicole admits that she is into fashion; she has had the clothing conversations ad nauseam with Maccchhmoud yet she starts getting prickly in the airport about closing her jacket buttons?

And seriously, if she's into fashion she could get creative. Just google "Muslim fashion" or "modest fashion". There are TONS of designers out there now designing clothes for Muslim women who are observant and want to be covered but stylish. A finalist on Project Runway a few years back was a young Muslim woman who designed beautiful, modest clothes. Nadiya Hussein, who won Great British Bake Off a few years ago, has had great success since, writing cookbooks and hosting TV shows. On Bake Off she dressed very simply, even dowdily, but on her shows her clothes are colorful, cute, and becoming. She's fully covered and covers her hair and looks GREAT. Avery from a few seasons ago dressed very conservatively and had a wardrobe of hijabs and looked absolutely stunning. Nicole could be treating her future in a Muslim culture as an opportunity to find ways to express herself through fashion in a different way. But NOOOOOOO. Its not just the clothes. She seems to hate everything about it. I mean, I'm an atheist but I think if you're going to practice a religion you should, you know, practice it. She blathers on about "having a great relationship with God", and that's fine, but why convert? Why convert to a religion that doesn't speak to you and has practices and observances that you find difficult, even distasteful? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why convert to a religion that doesn't speak to you and has practices and observances that you find difficult, even distasteful?

I think the mandatory conversion was sprung on her when they got married and she naively thought accepting Allah as the "one God" would be all that she was required to do. 

Shaeeda was a good example of attractive but modest Muslim dressing although her pants outfits probably wouldn't be accepted in Egypt since they hinted at the Paradise between her legs. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I think the mandatory conversion was sprung on her when they got married and she naively thought accepting Allah as the "one God" would be all that she was required to do. 

She was told before they got married (she said that) and was that crazy for his Egyptian D that she agreed to do it. Your 2nd part is 100% right that she thought it was that easy but she knows now it's a lot more involved than that yet her she is going back for more which tells me 1 of 3 things, either he has a magic wand between his legs, she really is as stupid as she seems or she wants some tv fame to help her online business and doesn't care how stupid she looks getting it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2023 at 1:36 PM, KateHearts said:

I actually like Debbie: I think she is kind of a weird-in-a-benign-and-lovable, caring sort of soul, who has a normal son and recognizes that she has had a few disappointing relationships. Thank goodness she's not another slobbering, classless, loud Angela or a drink-throwing, chain-smoking groupie BG Lisa or a sad, dentured cat lady Other Debbie. I'm hopeful. 

I like her paintings too !

• Like 1
On 2/25/2023 at 2:03 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

My throat hurts just hearing it. 

I moved to California 15 years ago and made a very determined effort to not adopt the vocal fry or uptalk that is so common here. It was a successful effort. Unrelated, a few years ago I started taking singing lessons and am ramping up to start performing. I've had to take lessons to increase my vocal fry to sing some of my favorite rock songs.🤦‍♀️ I cringe so hard, but tell myself that it's okay if I only do it when I'm singing.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:58 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And seriously, if she's into fashion she could get creative. Just google "Muslim fashion" or "modest fashion". There are TONS of designers out there now designing clothes for Muslim women who are observant and want to be covered but stylish. A finalist on Project Runway a few years back was a young Muslim woman who designed beautiful, modest clothes. Nadiya Hussein, who won Great British Bake Off a few years ago, has had great success since, writing cookbooks and hosting TV shows. On Bake Off she dressed very simply, even dowdily, but on her shows her clothes are colorful, cute, and becoming. She's fully covered and covers her hair and looks GREAT. Avery from a few seasons ago dressed very conservatively and had a wardrobe of hijabs and looked absolutely stunning. Nicole could be treating her future in a Muslim culture as an opportunity to find ways to express herself through fashion in a different way. But NOOOOOOO. Its not just the clothes. She seems to hate everything about it. I mean, I'm an atheist but I think if you're going to practice a religion you should, you know, practice it. She blathers on about "having a great relationship with God", and that's fine, but why convert? Why convert to a religion that doesn't speak to you and has practices and observances that you find difficult, even distasteful? 

There's a stylist I follow on Instagram (mostly because of her adorable cat stories) who sells modest wear. She's beautiful and so are her clothes. Some of the clothing in modest fashion is so beautiful and creative! You don't need to show your hair or body to participate in fashion, and I love it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I cannot believe the lengths these women are going to just to get laid, there is no way there are no directionless, penniless men with dicks in their home towns.  I do not think I would embrace another religion, change everything about me just for the D. 

Kris has a lot of um, issues and now Jayme has to accept them with no option to reject or get all the info about Kris before she came over so now she has to deal with it. That was not nice of Kris.

Nicole, go home. It will not work.

Crazy Grandma annoys me, something tells me she uses her quirkiness to get away with a lot and I just do not find her endearing.

Jen and her Bollywood fantasy will soon blow up in her face, we all know it, she probably even knows it but will never admit it.  I thought the lingas she was being shown but the seemed so fancy and just over the top to be introduced to Rishi's mother as just a friend, hopefully she gets something a bit more casual.

Every season we get idiots, sigh.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 2/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, Breedom said:

I'm kinda on the fence with Debbie since we only got a glimpse of her story. I need clarification on her attacking her boy-toy (TLC showed short promo's weeks ago). She seemed ruthless. I think we're going to find out that she's not all that nice.

I think she's pretty in the older photos. Her current blonde haircut looks to be a throwback of a 70 year old style back in the 70's. Not becoming at all. The up-to-the-neck blouse she wears is very, very unbecoming to her.

It is almost like she is channeling Mia Farrow.

• Like 3
On 2/28/2023 at 12:56 AM, jnymph said:

I can’t stand Jen’s vocal fry either. I have to FF her scenes. Her eyes bug me too, they’re kinda creepy.

I am creeped out by the way her face shape changes across her different filmings.

I just started this episode but I wanted to say that I think Debbie is quite pretty and such a talented artist. (the style of her paintings is so cool)

I’m sure there are men in her peer group who’d be interested in her. Of course she would be devastated to find out her husband of 23yrs was unfaithful, while I don’t be grudge her a good time, be reasonable Debbie!!