Type keyword(s) to search

Captain America: Brave New World

tv echo
  • Start Topic

Kevin Feige opens up about Phase 5, Kang, and the future of the MCU
By Devan Coggan  February 14, 2023
https://ew.com/movies/kevin-feige-marvel-phase-5-exclusive-interview/

You've also got 2024's Captain America: New World Order with Anthony Mackie, and Harrison Ford is joining the fold as Thaddeus Ross. What can you tell us about his take on that character?
We start filming relatively soon. I'm sure anyone you've ever talked with about Harrison Ford says this, but it's unbelievable that we get to meet and talk with him and that he's embracing this role. He's tireless with the amount of work that he does. This is certainly a big part for Thaddeus Ross. He's the president of the United States in the film. And with Harrison, you think about Air Force One, and you think about some of his confrontations with the president in Clear and Present Danger. There's a dynamic between President Ross and Sam Wilson. They have a history together, but in this film, we'll be seeing the dynamic between Captain America and the president of the United States in a way that is just incredible.

CHANGE. THE. TITLE.

Also, I don't care if he's being played by Harrison Ford now, I still hate Ross, I hate the MCU for not letting the Avengers call him out for what he did to Bruce, and I HATE that's he's going to be President.

Yeah, it was in the comic, but there were plenty of other things that were in the comics that the MCU had no problem cutting out or butchering completely. Why couldn't this be one of them?!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Anthony Mackie Reveals Extreme Marvel Security Measures For New 'Captain America' Script
The Kelly Clarkson Show    Feb 27, 2023

Anthony reveals that he got the script for "Captain America: New World Order" today, but he can't read it unsupervised because of Marvel's high-security measures. Anthony also dishes on repairing roofs after big storms in his hometown of New Orleans, and his new movie "We Have a Ghost." Anthony Mackie also opens up about growing up with dyslexia, and Kelly gets emotional realizing "Captain America" overcame the same struggles her daughter River Rose is going through.

Just waiting for the what seems inevitable Mark Ruffalo announcement. Might as well throw in She-Hulk and Skaar too. Sure does feel like Marvel Studios doesn't care for Captain America stories much. Using the third movie to do an Avengers film, now using the fourth to do an Incredible Hulk sequel to skirt around the Universal rights, I'm assuming? Seems to be a lot to tackle for one movie:

Spoiler

I wonder if Leader becomes the reason for Torres becoming Falcon (assuming they keep to the comics and have him be a hybrid experiment, which I doubted they'd do but now I'm not so sure) and possibly/probably creating both Red Hulks? Heck why don't we introduce A-Bomb while we're at it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/27/2023 at 4:31 PM, Spartan Girl said:

By bringing in Hulk characters, they’re basically doing to Sam what Civil War did to Steve.

Pad the cast to have scapegoats for his screwups? I wonder who they'll pick.

More seriously (maybe), I'm interested to see what role Betty plays. They kind of forgot her after the Hulk movie, so her working with Sam in some capacity would be cool, even if her jerk of a dad is still here.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

More seriously (maybe), I'm interested to see what role Betty plays. They kind of forgot her after the Hulk movie, so her working with Sam in some capacity would be cool, even if her jerk of a dad is still here.

I’d agree, except I’m a little leery of them bringing back another character previously maligned as a “boring love interest”. Remember what they did to Sharon and Jane…not to mention Wanda.

No, Wanda was never described as a “boring love interest” but my point remains.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sharon got shafted because she was played by a shit/wooden actress,  even being "evil", "jaded", "snarky" character in F&WS was still the same old boring, wooden acting.

Sharon got shafted because the Russos decided to go with Natasha for the lead female in TWS because ScarJo was the bigger name, and subsequently siphoned all Sharon’s personality from the comics to Nat and Peggy. Then because they didn’t bother to develop her character more in CW, the infamous kiss felt forced and pissed off the rabid Stucky stans, egged on by Hayley Atwell (who was salty about Agent Carter being cancelled). And so the Russos and Feige cowed to their pressure, but Stucky was never going to happen so we got the polarizing Steggy Endgame. Then they outright admitted that they didn’t know what do with Sharon anymore (because the comics apparently weren’t enough source material) so they made her evil.

It wasn’t because of Emily VanCamp, whether you like her or not. The writers fucked up, they didn’t even try with Sharon. And it’s because they keep fucking up with their female characters that I seriously side-eye them bringing Betty back. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Even with the title change, I’m still not sure I want to see this because Sam deserves better than getting the Hulk’s leftover villains and characters. It all depends on what happens in Secret Invasion and if a theory/hope I have turns out to be correct.

• Like 1

New Captain America Movie, Thunderbolts Team-Up and Avengers: Kang Dynasty All Pushed Back
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JUNE 13, 2023 
https://tvline.com/news/captain-america-brave-new-world-release-date-delay-avengers-kang-dynasty-1234999596/ 

Captain America: Brave New World, starring Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Cap and with Harrison Ford succeeding William Hurt as Thaddeus ”Thunderbolt” Ross, has moved back a few months, from May 3, 2024 to Aug. 26, 2024.

(edited)

Somebody needs to edit the thread title to Brave New World.

And oh I’m just gonna say it: couldn’t they have just killed off Ross when William Hurt died instead of dragging Harrison Ford into this?  Don’t say he’s necessary for Red Hulk, the MCU has altered plenty of characters and storylines when it’s suited them. 

Why yes I’m still bitter he skated comeuppance and had the audacity to come to Tony’s funeral! Why do you ask?

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 2

Anthony Mackie Says Marvel Sequel ‘Captain America: Brave New World’ Brings Him ‘Full Circle’
Lucas Manfredi   August 3, 2023
https://www.thewrap.com/anthony-mackie-captain-america-brave-new-world-marvel/ 

“It kind of brought my Marvel experience full circle because we shot in D.C. at the same hotel that we shot ‘Winter Soldier’ at,” the actor told TheWrap during an interview conducted before the SAG-AFTRA strike. “One of my first Marvel scenes was me sitting at a table talking to the senator and me and Chris [Evans] and Scarlett [ Johansson] kidnapping him and we go back and we stay at the same hotel and we shot at that same area. So in that regard, it was really emotional to think how far my character has come and where he is now after the 10 years that I’ve been in the MCU.”
“These Marvel movies have kind of turned into summer camp. You go to set and there’s people that you’ve known for 10, 12 years now that you’ve worked with and got to know and people have kids and people get divorced and people buy homes. So it’s like going back to see your old friends. So it was really easy,” he explained. “At no point in time did I feel like it was a different experience from any of the other Marvel movies I’ve done. It was just a great experience, you can only go down from here.”
“Harrison [Ford] was the f–ing man, dude,” he said. “It’s funny, he shows up and everybody is kind of, you know, you don’t know what to do with Harrison Ford. Like, ‘Somebody get Harrison water,’ but he wasn’t that at all,” he said. “I was surprised how light-hearted and easy he was, how excited he was to be a part of it. For him to be in this profession for so many years and to see him at 80 excited to be a part of this universe was really dope and it put things in perspective how lucky we are, how lucky I am to be a part of it and bring these characters to life. So we had a good time.”
“When he was ready to shoot, he would turn around a yell, ‘Let’s shoot this piece of s–t and everybody would go, ‘Yeah!’” Mackie said. “I had this monologue and I just couldn’t get it right. I’m like, ‘I’m talking to Harrison Ford. This is crazy.’ And the same day we walk into the boardroom and this extra has one line, all he has to do is say this one line to Harrison and Harrison was like, ‘Give me the report’ and he just couldn’t say the line. It’s Harrison Ford. It was kind of surreal. But once we got our legs on us and we were like, “Oh, Harrison is just a cool dude,’ it made those scenes much easier.”

• Like 2

New Captain America Movie and Thunderbolts Team-Up Pushed Back Again, to 2025
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   NOVEMBER 10, 2023 
https://tvline.com/news/captain-america-4-movie-thunderbolts-release-dates-delayed-2025-1235078150/ 

Captain America: Brave New World, starring Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Cap and with Harrison Ford succeeding William Hurt as Thaddeus ”Thunderbolt” Ross, was at first penciled in for May 2024 and then got pushed to July. Now it won’t hit theaters until Feb. 14, 2025.

(edited)

Sounds like Sebastian Stan and Daniel Brühl are not in Brave New World...

Anthony Mackie is disappointed The Falcon and the Winter Soldier didn't get season 2
Rob Leane   March 20, 2024
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/anthony-mackie-falcon-winter-soldier-season-2-exclusive-newsupdate/ 

"Because it's like me, him [Sebastian Stan] and Daniel Brühl. It's kind of like the perfect storm of happiness." You can also see the video of this comment below!
But instead of returning for a second season, the MCU bosses have sent Mackie's Sam Wilson back to the big screen for 2025's Captain America: Brave New World movie.

As Mackie puts it: "When they decided to go back to the movies, it is what it is, but I don't have my friends anymore, so it kind of dampens it a little bit."

Edited by tv echo

So according to the CinemaCon footage Ross is suddenly a good guy that wants to reassemble an Avengers team, and he and Sam get along fine. Nobody acknowledges anything he did to Bruce and all the shady shit.

This would piss me off enough under normal circumstances but after what the MCU did to a certain character in FATWS, I’m rage vomiting.

The original article, with the relevant part copied below:

"CinemaCon got to see the very first footage from Captain America: Brave New World. The clip that Disney showed CinemaCon attendees follows Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) meeting Thunderbolt Ross (Harrison Ford), who is now the president, at the White House. Ross is asking to meet with Wilson so he can reunite the Avengers with a new Captain America at the forefront. He’s looking to unite forces, but he might have some ulterior motives unknown to everyone else. During a meeting where Ross is presenting this plan to a crowd, with Sam in attendance, a mysterious villain takes over the speakers and controls the minds of secret service agents and Isaiah Bradley (Carl Lumbly), whom Sam struggles to pin down in a fight.

Full chaos ensues which leads us to a montage of the different action set pieces of the film. We see Sam getting attacked at the White House, using his shield to block himself from multiple Secret Service agents trying to tase him. We see shots of Sam Wilson and Joaquín Torres in action together. Everything builds up to a tense confrontation between Sam and Thunderbolt Ross inside the Oval Office, wherein Ross tells him, “You’re not Steve Rogers.” After a long pause, Sam says, “You’re right, I’m not.” Finally, we see Sam suit up in the new Captain America suit, which is more silver and blue than blue and white."

So before you Hulk out and go rampaging around the neighborhood, this doesn't sound like Ross = greatest person ever.  Of course he'd want a new Avengers team because he'd consider them his own personal task force.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, baldryanr said:

So before you Hulk out and go rampaging around the neighborhood, this doesn't sound like Ross = greatest person ever.  Of course he'd want a new Avengers team because he'd consider them his own personal task force

Thank you for the description. That’s what I get for reading a different article that probably spun it out of context.

But I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they do try to redeem Ross.

And I still don’t think adding Sabra into this is a good idea.

Edited by Spartan Girl