Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Creator

• Start Topic

Twisted, comedic-thriller series that explores the sinister relationship between boss and employee. When a new consultant, Regus Patoff, is hired to improve the business at the App-based gaming company CompWare, employees experience new demands and challenges that put everything into question… including their lives.

Air date: 2.24.23

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I liked the trailer, but the first episode was terrible. The writing is preposterous and not even Christoph Waltz can salvage it (to say nothing of the other actors). A company of this size would have several C-level executives in addition to the CEO, as well as a board of directors. One of the executives or a board member would have been appointed as interim CEO until a permanent replacement is found. And there would be multiple approvals required to give anyone the kind of power that Sang apparently gave Regus. This would be codified in the company bylaws, so the contract signed by Sang would have been declared void.

Whoever wrote the show (and the book on which it's based) has obviously no idea how the tech industry works.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

That's put me off watching this as I just couldn't get into Severance & there's so much other stuff available to try.

Since I finished watching the series, just wanted to amend my previous post to say that Severance is positively brilliant in comparison to this mess. Oi.

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Since I finished watching the series, just wanted to amend my previous post to say that Severance is positively brilliant in comparison to this mess. Oi.

I've never seen Severance but I think "mess" is being too kind.  And I, too, forced myself to finish this series when I could've been doing something worthwhile with all that wasted time.  Checkers with my dog, maybe. 

• Like 1