Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: Family, Family, Family

• Start Topic

On 2/14/2023 at 9:33 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh MY God at some point just accept you arnt in the wedding and LET IT GO… it’s starting to sound super Petty… just take the move as a sign and part ways. But by all things holy PLEASE just shut up about the wedding 

I agree.

Melissa and Joe act the victims well. They are as much to blame as Theresa is about this whole mess they all created.

• Like 9
9 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Dolores' new boyfriend is ... I can't put my finger on it. Did he not need subtitles for the second episode? 😂

I did not have a hard time understanding him, I had a hard time trying to listen for his Irish accent, does he have one or not?  I thought I heard a brogue but then I didn't, it's confusing.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I did not have a hard time understanding him, I had a hard time trying to listen for his Irish accent, does he have one or not?  I thought I heard a brogue but then I didn't, it's confusing.

I thought it was just me. In the second episode, I thought this guy was Irish. Suddenly he's not at all. What's happening with this? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes! It was pretty thick in Ep. 1, but then he sounded Jersey in Ep. 2. Perhaps that's why they didn't subtitle him? I also have no issues understanding a typical Irish or Northern Irish accent a'tall, but it was odd the way it kind of disappeared in Ep. 2. 

• Like 4
On 2/15/2023 at 9:05 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

Speaking of Jackie, I'm kind of getting the impression that the true story of her role as friend is what we heard in the beginning, that she was demoted, not that she willingly stepped back to focus on her recovery.  She's there, but barely.  It's not looking good.  Which honestly, is a shame.  I know people don't like her because of Tre, or because she's too sensitive, or whatever.  But I think she's had better storylines than find-my-fake-sister-Melissa, re-do-my-home-4-times-Dolores, and pot-stirring-no-storyline-of-her-own-Margaret.  She's gone head to head with Teresa, Jen and Dolores, she's faced shitty rumors about her husband's fidelity, she's battling an eating disorder.  I get that she's not showy, ostentatious and over the top, but honestly she's bringing more to the plate than sprinkle cookies.  I think she got a bit of a raw deal there and ultimately think that she got demoted because she became a very real legal liability due to the health issues.  On a hunch, their contract doesn't release them from being held responsible for negative health outcomes - you know, like a heart attack - brought on by re-ignited eating disorder thanks to stress as a result of producer-drive antics and aggressive bullying by show's alleged "star."  

Paul's apartment was beautiful.  Where does he live?  I won't lie though, I like Frank better.  

ALLLLLLL of this!!! I think that Jackie is educated, wealthy, and intelligent, and outside of the real idiot things she's done (probably producer-driven) like continue to stir the "IT WAS AN ANAAAAAAALOGY" pot, she is definitely more real than any of the other 'real' housewives. She's a housewife with arguably the best-looking husband on the show and who has pretty normal, decent kids who make the Aydin & Gorga kids look like absolute brats. I don't blame Danielle for not inviting her to her home/party because it's Danielle's party, but I absolutely agree with you that Jackie has gotten the short end of the stick.

And I like Frank better as well. I don't know why. He's an absolute caveman in so many aspects but he's funny and endearing and I love when he's on - even when he's being a complete numbnuts of an oaf, for some reason.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Like 10

I just watched the episode and WWHL (which auto records - super annoying).  Clearly Louie is in the process of isolating Teresa from her family -- his comments about Melissa are targeted and timed to keep them apart.  He's a schemer and a con artist -- his responses to the questions about his job were vague and designed to move the conversation along to another topic.

He is gross.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2023 at 1:58 AM, sandwoman said:

I get kind of bad vibes from Paul. I'm nervous for Dolores! 

Me, too. Does he seem a bit controlling? Maybe Dolo likes it because she never got any attention from David and Frank was a lying, cheating swindler. 

I can't get past Rachel's ski slope of a nose job. It makes Jennifer Aydin's look like a work of art. 

Marge, time to shut up. 

Melissa, time to get a life. 

Tre, time to step out of the bubble. 

Jennifer, time to take a couple of Xanax. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

ALLLLLLL of this!!! I think that Jackie is educated, wealthy, and intelligent, and outside of the real idiot things she's done (probably producer-driven) like continue to stir the "IT WAS AN ANAAAAAAALOGY" pot, she is definitely more real than any of the other 'real' housewives. She's a housewife with arguably the best-looking husband on the show and who has pretty normal, decent kids who make the Aydin & Gorga kids look like absolute brats. I don't blame Danielle for not inviting her to her home/party because it's Danielle's party, but I absolutely agree with you that Jackie has gotten the short end of the stick.

Jackie was a trust fund kid, money from parents who were found guilty and did time for tax evasion.  We don't know what her kids are really like off camera. Her husband is personality challenged.

She doesn't have a lot of street smarts.  She made the cheating husband rumor much worse by continually bringing it up.

She was basically a super fan who had stalked Teresa.  I never found her to be charismatic, fun or interesting - which is likely what got her demoted.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I thought it was just me. In the second episode, I thought this guy was Irish. Suddenly he's not at all. What's happening with this? 

Paul sounds Irish because he is. He is from Dublin.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
22 hours ago, twilightzone said:

Jackie was a trust fund kid, money from parents who were found guilty and did time for tax evasion.  We don't know what her kids are really like off camera. Her husband is personality challenged.

She doesn't have a lot of street smarts.  She made the cheating husband rumor much worse by continually bringing it up.

She was basically a super fan who had stalked Teresa.  I never found her to be charismatic, fun or interesting - which is likely what got her demoted.

Agree! Her segments with her family were always forced and fake. Evan always looked bored and was over being forced to discuss her eating disorder on camera. Her kids were just as bratty as the others, hence her shipping them off to camp. Plus her mouth is so strange and the way she talks is gross. 
Her stalking Teresa was very calculated just like Melissa. 
I’m loving her being excluded this season. I was a little surprised that she is creeping out the newbies by staring them down. Nasty woman.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But the accent comes and goes, it is confusing, I don't hear the brogue at all anymore...where did it go?

I thought the same! In fact, I had to rewind to make sure I wasn't missing something. What's going on there? Is Paulie a fake?  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But the accent comes and goes, it is confusing, I don't hear the brogue at all anymore...where did it go?

He lives in the U.S., I assume for some time. People can change their accent to fit in because their accent was not understood (like it happened with some viewers and his accent), but use either one at times. 

Dorit of the Beverly Hills HWs fakes hers to pretend she is cosmopolitan, and posh (she thinks). I don't mean that Paul does, I think it's just natural. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought the same! In fact, I had to rewind to make sure I wasn't missing something. What's going on there? Is Paulie a fake?  

Paul, and the women (photo from his IG) went to Ireland to film for the show. I doubt he is fake. 

Screenshot_20230218_213349_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Eww why is gross old Jackie on the trip? She’s repugnant and disgusting.  Way to ruin a trip.

AND she is now a "friend of," do they usually get invited on trips?

I am looking at the seating order of these women, New Blonde Girl is in the back alone, Jennifer and Jackie are sitting next to each other (odd since they don't like each other) and The Other New Girl is sitting next to Teresa which is the highest rank, how did that happen?

These shows have made me over scrutinize everything, even the seating order on a bus, I may need help.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am looking at the seating order of these women, New Blonde Girl is in the back alone, Jennifer and Jackie are sitting next to each other (odd since they don't like each other) and The Other New Girl is sitting next to Teresa which is the highest rank, how did that happen?

These shows have made me over scrutinize everything, even the seating order on a bus, I may need help.

Unfortunately they do invite the friends of. It’s probably a cheap way to add to the drama.
The seating is odd. Maybe the new blond was the first or last one on and ended up in the back. Notice Jacki leaning away from Jennifer to make sure Melissa’s big head doesn’t block her botched up mug. Is that Marge or her mom in the picture?

• LOL 7

I have to watch the Watch what Happens with Tre and Louis after this recent episode. I heard they were funny. 
I had never heard of a mozzarella making party. I also found it an odd thing to do while outside. It seems like in a professional kitchen would make more sense and be more sanitary.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Eww why is gross old Jackie on the trip? She’s repugnant and disgusting.  Way to ruin a trip.

It’s my understanding, thanks to the Watch What Crappens guys, that Jackie was not demoted to “friend” status until AFTER the filming for this season; she brought so little to the table and was shut out by the others. The editors have had to work overtime trying to eliminate or minimize her from the scenes. 
This has happened a couple of times in the past with some OC wives. I can’t imagine what it must be like to give up so much of your time, put your life in upheaval, and then end up on the cutting room floor. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

I have to watch the Watch what Happens with Tre and Louis after this recent episode. I heard they were funny. 
I had never heard of a mozzarella making party. I also found it an odd thing to do while outside. It seems like in a professional kitchen would make more sense and be more sanitary.

Mozzarella with gnats, not an Italian thing?

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

It’s my understanding, thanks to the Watch What Crappens guys, that Jackie was not demoted to “friend” status until AFTER the filming for this season; she brought so little to the table and was shut out by the others. The editors have had to work overtime trying to eliminate or minimize her from the scenes. 
This has happened a couple of times in the past with some OC wives. I can’t imagine what it must be like to give up so much of your time, put your life in upheaval, and then end up on the cutting room floor. 🤣

I heard that too although I remember Frank leaked that she was demoted to friend early on but nobody confirmed anything. I’m guessing they wanted to try out the new ladies to see what worked better. There was probably some interest in keeping gross Evan since he acted like a bitch to Bill last season. I think they like the men better than some of the wives. I don’t think Melissa would ever be a housewife without Joe Gorga. He’s more dramatic than her and is happy to keep putting down his sister. He is keeping the wedding stuff going and I think that will be his thing for the entire season. Marge was happy to repeat what Louis said about Melissa being insecure and Joe won’t ever let that go. Him calling Louis a bad seed when he’s the one acting like a jerk is laughable.

• Like 7

Margaret is the stirrer of drama..and she does it in a non toxic way unlike Jennifer A

Jennifer A is too toxic...and she's another one that I understand why she was cheated on.  I feel for her hubby Bill.

Jackie..who?

Danielle..promising start and it's nice to see she's connected to the cast.

The other Jersey newbie...not sure yet...give me more family scenes with her and her lumberjack hubby.

Melissa's kids have grown!?!  I think she's partly to blame for the issues with Teresa..but I also think Joe isn't blameless at all.

Delores is to this show as Cynthia was to Atlanta and Jeana was to OC... less drama, yet still likable

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jackie filmed as a full-time HW. The producers decided to demote her after filming ended, and then edited a lot of her out. She is (obviously) in some of the group scenes. 

She gave an interview a few days ago where she said she was really upset to find out she was demoted, while she filmed as much as the others, and that she was not their "equal" anymore.

It happened before, not only with the OC HWs, but the Beverly Hills HWs (Faye Resnick, 1st season), and the Miami HWs (Adriana, Marisol, 4th season). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, RecoveringLawyer said:

I just watched the episode and WWHL (which auto records - super annoying).  Clearly Louie is in the process of isolating Teresa from her family -- his comments about Melissa are targeted and timed to keep them apart.  He's a schemer and a con artist -- his responses to the questions about his job were vague and designed to move the conversation along to another topic.

He is gross.

It was reported that Teresa watched all the seasons recently, something that she never did before, and she finally realized that her brother was as responsible as Melissa for the rift between her and the Gorgas. She also saw how venomous they were when they mentioned her. They will always resent her because she is still far more popular than them, which makes her a higher earner, as well. It seems she has a decent relationship with Joe Juidice, who left the house to her (for his kids' sake, of course, but he didn't have to do it, he could force a sale), and didn't ask for any money unlike what Joe Gorga was claiming. Also, Joe Juidice and Louie Ruelas met in the Bahamas where Joe lives, and they respect each other. The Joes cannot stand each other. 

As for the Giudice daughters, two are adults (Gia, Gabriella), and Milania is 17, and they will voice their opinion on the show about the Gorgas, so it's not Louie who interferes in the relationship of the siblings- the rest of the family doesn't think highly of them because they know exactly who they are. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 2/17/2023 at 7:31 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

On 2/17/2023 at 8:56 AM, Otherkate said:

On 2/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, lightninggirl said:

Yes! It was pretty thick in Ep. 1, but then he sounded Jersey in Ep. 2. Perhaps that's why they didn't subtitle him? I also have no issues understanding a typical Irish or Northern Irish accent a'tall, but it was odd the way it kind of disappeared in Ep. 2. 

On 2/18/2023 at 8:00 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know he really is Irish, but now I'm going to keep imagining him like in that episode of Friends where Ross gives himself a fake accent and then has to awkwardly try to rid himself of it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

It was reported that Teresa watched all the seasons recently, something that she never did before, and she finally realized that her brother was as responsible as Melissa for the rift between her and the Gorgas. She also saw how venomous they were when they mentioned her. They will always resent her because she is still far more popular than them, which makes her a higher earner, as well. It seems she has a decent relationship with Joe Juidice, who left the house to her (for his kids' sake, of course, but he didn't have to do it, he could force a sale), and didn't ask for any money unlike what Joe Gorga was claiming. Also, Joe Juidice and Louie Ruelas met in the Bahamas where Joe lives, and they respect each other. The Joes cannot stand each other. 

As for the Giudice daughters, two are adults (Gia, Gabriella), and Milania is 17, and they will voice their opinion on the show about the Gorgas, so it's not Louie who interferes in the relationship of the siblings- the rest of the family doesn't think highly of them because they know exactly who they are. 

Joe G  now lives in the Bahamas? Not Italy ? How'd I miss this.

Is this off topic? If so I will move it over to.....?

On 2/15/2023 at 10:24 AM, snarts said:

More importantly, they should know that being cheated on is not at all the same thing as being the cheater. In fact, most people who have been cheated on, like Jennifer, are bound to have negative feelings towards cheaters, especially those as vocal and proud about it like Margaret. That's not hypocritical.

I see what you're saying, and far be it from me to defend any of these awful people, but I think Margaret was saying it was hypocritical because Jennifer seemingly had forgiven and remained married to her cheater husband. If she didn't seem to be overtly judging the guy who had cheated on her, why judge Margaret for doing the same act? (So I guess it's not technically "hypocrisy," since Jennifer is not judging someone for something that she did -- but more like...inconsistency?)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 2/16/2023 at 1:58 AM, sandwoman said:

This is a case of ESH as they say on the AITA forums (aka Everyone Sucks Here). 

Yes! Thank you! I've been saying this for years! I think when it comes to the RHW universe, we're always tempted to choose a "camp" (partly because that's the way the show itself is structured with the two Reunion couches, etc.). But, they're all terrible. Are Melissa and Joe grasping wannabes who DGAF about Tre as they sank their claws into her coattails? Yep! Is Tre also awful in innumerable other ways, does she refuse to let anything go, is she a literal criminal, does she fail to take accountability for anything, and would she blame Melissa for the sun setting in the west? Yupperoo also! Does Louie resemble a sunburnt swordfish with anger management issues? Maybe not relevant to this particular conversation, but yes again! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2023 at 8:50 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Joe G  now lives in the Bahamas? Not Italy ? How'd I miss this.

Is this off topic? If so I will move it over to.....?

He moved to the Bahamas toward the end of 2021. He wanted to be close to the U.S., so that his relatives, and especially his daughters can visit him often. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Re Paul’s phantom Irish accent  -  I lived in UK for four years as a teen, attending English schools and immersed in limeys 24/7.  Within a few months, nobody meeting me for the first time assumed I was foreign, as I just naturally picked up an English accent.  Returning to the US, it took a bit longer to lose the Brit, but soon my transformation linguistically back to Amurican was complete, y’all. I never tried to speak any particular way, just apparently adapted to what I heard in my environment. But occasionally a word choice would give a clue, such as calling a flashlight a torch.

Edited by flummoxd
Typo
  • Like 3
On 2/21/2023 at 12:46 AM, ZettaK said:

I like Teresa as a Housewife, but Joe and Melissa both come across as nicer people to me. I'm not saying their behavior is necessarily perfect, but Teresa is not only a criminal, she has more of a mean streak and temper than either of them, at least on the show. Her treatment of Margaret alone the last couple seasons was horrific between encouraging Danielle to pull her hair, throwing a plate of food on her unprovoked, repeatedly fat shaming, blaming her for every little thing. Teresa's good TV, but someone I'd hate to have as a sister or sister-in-law. 

I did get uncomfortable watching the way Gia spoke to her uncle. I get that she feels protective of her father, but still. 

On 2/25/2023 at 6:48 AM, ladle said:

I see what you're saying, and far be it from me to defend any of these awful people, but I think Margaret was saying it was hypocritical because Jennifer seemingly had forgiven and remained married to her cheater husband. If she didn't seem to be overtly judging the guy who had cheated on her, why judge Margaret for doing the same act? (So I guess it's not technically "hypocrisy," since Jennifer is not judging someone for something that she did -- but more like...inconsistency?)

That's exactly it. Jennifer repeatedly slut shamed Margaret and acted like cheating was the worst thing you could ever do in life, but Bill was an award-winning husband. 

On 2/26/2023 at 2:08 AM, ZettaK said:

He moved to the Bahamas toward the end of 2021. He wanted to be close to the U.S., so that his relatives, and especially his daughters can visit him often. 

What Joe and Teresa did was wrong, but I still feel bad for Joe and the girls. America was the only country he knew. Does he have anyone at all in the Bahamas? We can take that to another thread so we don't get OT . . .

On 2/19/2023 at 10:15 PM, ZettaK said:

Jackie filmed as a full-time HW. The producers decided to demote her after filming ended, and then edited a lot of her out. She is (obviously) in some of the group scenes. 

She gave an interview a few days ago where she said she was really upset to find out she was demoted, while she filmed as much as the others, and that she was not their "equal" anymore.

It happened before, not only with the OC HWs, but the Beverly Hills HWs (Faye Resnick, 1st season), and the Miami HWs (Adriana, Marisol, 4th season). 

Jackie is probably too normal for the show. Her biggest storylines have been her eating disorder and the rumors about Evan. I had anorexia many years ago. I still struggle with body image, but I'm so grateful I've been healthy for many years and didn't battle it anywhere near the number of years Jackie has. But I still don't love watching endless scenes of someone struggling. It's depressing and not the fun escapism I watch the Housewives for. I hope Jackie is doing better.

And then with Evan, Jackie was so devastated, you would have thought she just found out he did in fact cheat or something. I would be emotional if there were damaging rumors about me too, but I know better than to join a reality show. You need a thicker skin to be a Housewife, and you can't shut down stuff the way Jackie wants to. 

I've said before that I like that Melissa is pretty normal, and a cast full of Teresas wouldn't work. But we can't have a cast of Melissas and Jackies either. Melissa will naturally be part of the family drama, but Jackie doesn't have that.