Type keyword(s) to search

S10.01: Breaking Bubbas

• Start Topic

Ronnie and Ben are having so much fun with this. They remark that Ally chooses to wear to Hotel Ziggy a dress that is almost identical to the SUR uniform dress they wore Season 1-4, or something. And she has already been on a reality TV show.

They imitate Lala talking about sex and go into excruciating detail.

I learned from them that they dropped Brock and Charli (I think) from the opening. I didn’t even notice.

Peter: We have so much chemistry. Just now, we had so much chemistry that she had to walk away from me.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I would not be surprised at all if she bought out their solo attempt because Schwartz is too lazy and Sandavol is running around like a mouse on an exercise wheel accomplishing nothing.

Would not surprise me in the least.  I mean those two idiots couldn't even put together a plan to sell wine in the Midwest.  I wonder if Schwartzie was waiting until the ink on the divorce was final before opening the bar for community property reasons?  Nah, that would have required foresight.......

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Ally, like Raquel hooked up with James to get on the show. I mean, Raquel broke off the engagement at the reunion! That's too dramatic. Raquel is sweet, but boring, and unfortunately (for us), it seems she is at the center of the show right now. James, on top of being narcissistic and self-absorbed, is petty (but we knew this, didn't we?). He found "the love of his life" three weeks after Raquel dumped him. 

Tom Sandoval needs to lose the mustache!

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
On 2/11/2023 at 10:57 PM, Gharlane said:

Successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks always owned about 90% of TomTom. I would not be surprised at all if she bought out their solo attempt because Schwartz is too lazy and Sandavol is running around like a mouse on an exercise wheel accomplishing nothing.

Yep. Those two only think they’re in charge at TomTom. Sandoval especially. Both of them are basically dilletantes playing at entrepreneurship. Schwartz has shown he can’t manage anything, and Sandoval is too dense/self-important to see that he’s just a means to an end for LVP. She’ll make an offer for S&S at some point.

BTW, the S&S website sucks. No links, no food menus, no drink menus. Looks nice, but it’s an empty suit, like its owners.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I think my favorite part of the premier was the contrast between that ridiculous car James was driving and Raquel in her Jetta/Passat.

Between that car and the staggering amount of blow he appears to be doing I'm thinking James is actually worse with money than the Toms.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ally, like Raquel hooked up with James to get on the show. I mean, Raquel broke off the engagement at the reunion! That's too dramatic. Raquel is sweet, but boring, and unfortunately (for us), it seems she is at the center of the show right now. James, on top of being narcissistic and self-absorbed, is petty (but we knew this, didn't we?). He found "the love of his life" three weeks after Raquel dumped him. 

Tom Sandoval needs to lose the mustache!

And briefly couldn’t remember her name when he was talking to Lisa, LOL. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
9 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Yep. Those two only think they’re in charge at TomTom. Sandoval especially. Both of them are basically dilletantes playing at entrepreneurship. Schwartz has shown he can’t manage anything, and Sandoval is too dense/self-important to see that he’s just a means to an end for LVP. She’ll make an offer for S&S at some point.

BTW, the S&S website sucks. No links, no food menus, no drink menus. Looks nice, but it’s an empty suit, like its owners.

The cocktail lounge/restaurant opened in the beginning of November, but the website is almost non-existent. The IG page for it is not too much better.  It has 19 posts, and 3 photos of food/dessert. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The cocktail lounge/restaurant opened in the beginning of November, but the website is almost non-existent. The IG page for it is not too much better.  It has 19 posts, and 3 photos of food/dessert. 

What are they thinking? The restaurant/bar business is hard enough, without using the most obvious form of promotion. I guess they think word-of-mouth and VPR fans will be enough. Or it may just be too much like work to put one together.

TomTom was promoted heavily at its start, and its website is actually not bad. S&S’s is so primitive it’s embarrassing.

• Like 7
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

I think my favorite part of the premier was the contrast between that ridiculous car James was driving and Raquel in her Jetta/Passat.

Between that car and the staggering amount of blow he appears to be doing I'm thinking James is actually worse with money than the Toms.

What was James driving, anyway? I tried to google it. No current info. It sounded powerful but looked tacky.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What was James driving, anyway? I tried to google it. No current info. It sounded powerful but looked tacky.

I thought it looked like an i8.

So good for James for getting a discontinued hybrid but still, dude...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

What are they thinking? The restaurant/bar business is hard enough, without using the most obvious form of promotion. I guess they think word-of-mouth and VPR fans will be enough. Or it may just be too much like work to put one together.

TomTom was promoted heavily at its start, and its website is actually not bad. S&S’s is so primitive it’s embarrassing.

The duo could employ someone to regularly update the lounge's social media and website. They could post on social media themselves. It's normal for even small, local restaurants to post their specials online every day. There is not even a menu on the website. I saw one in an online ordering/delivery site! These guys are clueless. They were offered free advertisement because of the show, and they don't take advantage of it? I don't doubt they think they are so popular, people will flood their establishment, and menus online are a trivial detail.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

The "extra footage" they aired in last night's repeat was a snoozer. 

• Successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks fixed a broken toilet at SUR!
  • Raquel had sex with James on her kitchen counter!
  • Schwart saw Katie checking some guys out at Hotel Ziggy!

I wonder why Logan was listed as LaLa's friend instead of Jame's?

I noticed that man wearing a towel who told Raquel and Ally to get off his couch after trying to buy them drinks could be seen in several scenes and was wearing dress socks (and shoes?). What a creep.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 2/9/2023 at 7:21 AM, JustbeingReal said:

Lisa seems over James' bs. Katie looks great single. Raquel can't even fake being into Peter. James looks uncomfortable in some scenes. For the first time I enjoyed Ariana and she looks really good this premier. Raquel was in a lot of scenes,she seems happier,that's great. Peter seems to want screen time imo. 

When James saw Raquel enter the bar, he just about stumbled rushing over to kiss Ally, in that moment. So, for all his talk about Ally being his "great love", we see through his bs.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 2/13/2023 at 12:06 PM, bosawks said:

Your comment made me laugh aloud, but I have to ask... What did you see that led to the blow comment? For whatever reason, this observation was way over my head, so I missed it. What scene prompted your thought?

On 2/10/2023 at 1:05 PM, Gharlane said:

They're awkward to me for different reasons. I think it's inappropriate for someone to be dating her manager and it feels like he's trying to coerce her into doing it. 

Plus, Raquel's Botox didn't help her cause because when Peter asked about her last pageant, I couldn't tell if she was laughing, grimacing or crying. Only when I saw tears did I realize she was crying.

Edited by Chalby
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Sorry up front, but I know what WTF means, but what does the "A" stand for?

It might mean “actual”?

2 hours ago, Chalby said:

Plus, Raquel's Botox didn't help because when Peter asked about her last pageant, because I couldn't tell if she was laughing, grimacing or crying. Only when I saw tears did I realize she was crying.

Is it just me? I don’t know anyone who would be excited to learn that you competed in pageants or that you placed or that you won.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 2/17/2023 at 10:18 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

It might mean “actual”?

Is it just me? I don’t know anyone who would be excited to learn that you competed in pageants or that you placed or that you won.

Did I miss something? Who was excited to learn Raquel competed in pageants? I saw that Raquel brought it up, and Peter was politely asking questions, then telling her not to let it affect her. I clearly zoned out while watching.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
On 2/14/2023 at 5:25 AM, bosawks said:

I thought it looked like an i8.

So good for James for getting a discontinued hybrid but still, dude...

The saddest thing about James is his perseveration on his public image. He tries so hard to control every narrative, it makes me wonder what he's hiding, and what he's fearful of? The fact that he was supporting his family, Raquel, friends, but w/o a guarantee of future earnings, shows he'sstretchedto the limit financiallyand emotionally. If this show got canceled, he'd be devastated, and possibly go bankrupt.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Did I miss something? Who was excited to learn Raquel competed in pageants? I saw that Raquel brought it up, and Peter was politely asking questions, then telling her not to let it affect her. I clearly zoned out while watching.

Heh. No, no one really has shown excitement with regard to Raquel competing in pageants.

For me, pageants are silly. It would affect my opinion of someone. I’m being more polite. Because I’d rather not offend anyone. It surprises me that Raquel pursued this for so many years. 

• Like 6
On 2/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, ZettaK said:

The duo could employ someone to regularly update the lounge's social media and website. They could post on social media themselves. It's normal for even small, local restaurants to post their specials online every day. There is not even a menu on the website. I saw one in an online ordering/delivery site! These guys are clueless.

I was just checking out the space and it is really really bad!   Why isn't anyone posting daily?  And there definitely should be a menu on the website.

• Like 4

Rewatching. I’m just going to jot down some quotes with no further commentary (since discussing real-time happenings are a no-no).

Ariana: “Tom’s, like, gone 24/7 trying to get that bar open. I’m, like, I can’t wait until I can actually hang out with my boyfriend.”

Earlier in the episode Raquel is saying how she only went out with Peter because he was the first person who asked her out since she broke up with James, but in the never before seen footage, she is being very graphic talking about sex with other men, and she’s a revolving door. Earlier she was asking dumbfounded that James replaced her in 3 weeks.

Lala is laughing that she’ll steal James away from his new girlfriend and squealing in happiness on how they cheated with each other early in their relationships.

Sandoval is wearing his lightning bolt necklace at the Hotel Ziggy party. (No one else is wearing one.) Ariana and Raquel got ready together at Ariana’s house.

Raquel lamenting to Ally about how quickly James moved on to her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 3/8/2023 at 5:31 PM, JenE4 said:

Ariana: “Tom’s, like, gone 24/7 trying to get that bar open. I’m, like, I can’t wait until I can actually hang out with my boyfriend.”

I guess that answers our question "where is Flat Iron Tom getting the money to spend on getting S&S open?". 😀 

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 1