Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: A Baby Shower and a Testosterone-Rich Banter

Bort
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

But isn't there just one more season? 
If the baby only ever has to be a newborn, most of the time they can get by with a doll in a blanket.
I think the actors are all good enough to realistically pretend they are interacting with a live baby.

I'm just not sure there's a good way to have Mandy and the baby disappear on a "comedy" show.

Where has it been said there is only one more season?

2 hours ago, b4pjoe said:

All I've seen is that it has definitely been renewed for a 7th season - which would be next year and the speculation is that the 7th season will deal with George dying.  I'm not so sure about that as we've seen that they've slowed down time and although we're currently in the 6th season Missy and Sheldon are only 12.  They could get away with delaying the "Sheldon's father dies when he is 14" moment by at least another year if they keep to their slow moving timeline which could mean at least one additional season with George.  After that I guess it really depends on what direction the show decides to take.

• Like 2
On 2/10/2023 at 12:51 AM, rmontro said:

It's been driving me crazy where I've seen Mandy's mother before, and it finally hit me.  She played Salen in The Good Doctor during one season.  She must be good at playing the villain.

That brisket sounds good to me.

She also played Cara's mom on God Friended Me.

• Useful 1

Finally got around to watching this one.  Gotta say it wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on the comments here!  But that said it's not one I'll probably bother watching when it hits rerunland.  It was ok.  It was incredibly sad to me that the only person outside the very immediate family at the shower was Brenda.  They say it's because Mandy hasn't told her friends but I am thinking it was more they didn't want to hire some extras to stand around looking awkward while Mandy's mother was awful.  Anyway if they really are going to go with Mandy has isolated herself from her friends and the only family she has are her horrible mother, weak willed father and oddball brother who doesn't seem to like her very much, no wonder she is happy to be with the Coopers!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

It was incredibly sad to me that the only person outside the very immediate family at the shower was Brenda.  They say it's because Mandy hasn't told her friends but I am thinking it was more they didn't want to hire some extras to stand around looking awkward while Mandy's mother was awful. 

Was it maybe filmed when Covid restrictions were still impacting cast numbers?
Or was it just as it appeared? That they didn't invite anyone else? 
If the latter, that could also be because Mary no longer has her church friends. 
IDK. Does Meemaw have friends? 
Or. Like you said. They didn't want to hire extras. But the show has high ratings, so budgeting extras should not be an issue.
My final answer: It was supposed to emphasize Mandy's (and her mother's) shame of being an unmarried 29-year-old mother-to-be impregnated by a 17-year-old.
Or, my second final answer: To emphasize Mandy's isolation.

• Like 3
On 2/16/2023 at 5:21 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:
On 2/16/2023 at 3:03 PM, b4pjoe said:

All I've seen is that it has definitely been renewed for a 7th season - which would be next year and the speculation is that the 7th season will deal with George dying.  I'm not so sure about that as we've seen that they've slowed down time and although we're currently in the 6th season Missy and Sheldon are only 12.  They could get away with delaying the "Sheldon's father dies when he is 14" moment by at least another year if they keep to their slow moving timeline which could mean at least one additional season with George.  After that I guess it really depends on what direction the show decides to take.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/young-sheldon-renewed-three-seasons-cbs-1234940919/

• Like 1

I liked that in this episode Georgie talks about the way he used to sit on Sheldon's head when he was trying to watch Star Trek.  Nice shout out to the fact that on BBT Sheldon references bullying behavior on Georgie's part.  We don't really ever actually see this on YS - and I'm glad of that as I like Georgie and would not have been amused at him treating a much younger sibling in this way - but I do like that the writers aren't completely disregarding things older Sheldon has said about what it was like for him growing up.

• Like 2