Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Old Friends Gold

• Start Topic

The editing for MTV is so harsh and makes this show so much less fun. This episode literally went so fast! The runway was a blip: there were times the queens were more than halfway down the runway before they were shown, no time to clock the look, no queen voiceovers, and even the corny runway puns were falling flat and were disjointed. We didn’t even hear the judges deliberate. Did I miss them announce which group won? 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

The editing for MTV is so harsh and makes this show so much less fun. This episode literally went so fast! The runway was a blip: there were times the queens were more than halfway down the runway before they were shown, no time to clock the look, no queen voiceovers, and even the corny runway puns were falling flat and were disjointed. We didn’t even hear the judges deliberate. Did I miss them announce which group won? 

I enjoy watching Photo Fashion Review and Bootleg Opinions on You Tube so I can actually see what the queens presented on the runway.  Tonight's runway has to be one of the quickest yet.

I don't understand how Aura won. I thought she was kind of forgettable in the challenge, though I did like her runway.  To me it was an obvious win for Sasha.  She could have won last week, too (though I did think Luxx deserved it).  Maybe the show just wants to spread wins around rather than make it obvious that Sasha is the frontrunner.

They could have replaced Jax with either Spice or Marcia cubed.  But Spice and even Marcia3x (where the hell was the tie dye?), had better runways than Jax so maybe looks are starting to count again. This is the second time that Jax's runway was so bad that it alone was enough reason for her to be in the bottom (her snake looks with the sheet partially wrapped around that brown body suit... whoo boy).

I think the hip hop group should not have been as fluid in their movements for a group of elderly ladies. Maybe Anetra's split could have not reached the floor, and the queen who did the death drop could have fallen without getting back up.  However, Loosey was great. I thought she should have been in the top. My top 3: Sasha, Luxx (I'm going to have to stop calling her delusional) and Loosey.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I don't understand how Aura won. I thought she was kind of forgettable in the challenge, though I did like her runway.  To me it was an obvious win for Sasha.  She could have won last week, too (though I did think Luxx deserved it).  Maybe the show just wants to spread wins around rather than make it obvious that Sasha is the frontrunner.

They could have replaced Jax with either Spice or Marcia cubed.  But Spice and even Marcia3x (where the hell was the tie dye?), had better runways than Jax so maybe looks are starting to count again. This is the second time that Jax's runway was so bad that it alone was enough reason for her to be in the bottom (her snake looks with the sheet partially wrapped around that brown body suit... whoo boy).

I think the hip hop group should not have been as fluid in their movements for a group of elderly ladies. Maybe Anetra's split could have not reached the floor, and the queen who did the death drop could have fallen without getting back up.  However, Loosey was great. I thought she should have been in the top. My top 3: Sasha, Luxx (I'm going to have to stop calling her delusional) and Loosey.

I expected Aura to be in the bottom, I have no idea why the judges were praising her girl group performance or her outfit.  And since we heard none of the judging deliberation, I have no idea why they thought she was more deserving than Sasha or Loosey.

The level of unprofessionalism...far too much.

• Like 2

Remember how Megan Statler was presented as the next great hope for comedy?  Between this and her absolutely abysmal MTV Movie (or Music?) Awards appearance, I am hoping people are rethinking that. Her entire shtick was being completely bumbling and inept and hoping people found it funny.  As Ru once said, where are the jokes?

I concur that the hip-hop group was way too fluidly choreographed to actually register as old ladies.

I would’ve sent Spice home.  She barely registered as metal except for the closing gag of a demon voice.  Your group fought so fricking hard for this and you couldn’t be bothered to do the actual assignment?

Also, that was one of the most boring stand-offs I have ever seen.  By minute 5, I was out.  By minute 20, I was even more done.  Present some other reasons besides “we should have this song because we like this song and deserve it more than you.”  Choose metal,  choose country, choose a fricking polka for all I care.  Maybe if they had trimmed it, we could’ve actually seen Ru’s workroom consultations and judges’ deliberations.

Edited by Lethallyfab
Words
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Remember how Megan Statler was presented as the next great hope for comedy?  Between this and her absolutely abysmal MTV Movie (or Music?) Awards appearance, I am hoping people are rethinking that. Her entire shtick was being completely bumbling and inept and hoping people found it funny.  As Ru once said, where are the jokes?

I concur that the hip-hop group was way too fluidly choreographed to actually register as old ladies.

I would’ve sent Spice home.  She barely registered as metal except for the closing gag of a demon voice.  Your group fought so fricking hard for this and you couldn’t be bothered to do the actual assignment?

Also, that was one of the most boring stand-offs I have ever seen.  By minute 5, I was out.  By minute 20, I was even more done.  Present some other reasons besides “we should have this song because we like this song and deserve it more than you.”  Choose metal,  choose country, choose a fricking polka for all I care.  Maybe if they had trimmed it, we could’ve actually seen Ru’s workroom consultations and judges’ deliberations.

That whole "fight" could have been cut by 75% and we still would have gotten the gist (be careful what you wish for) and had time to hear judging.  Whoever is overseeing the editing is missing the more important points of the show.

• Like 4

Said in the workroom, "There's so few of us left it's really intense now." Seriously? Three quarters of you are left. It won't get intense until it's down to five or six, which probably won't happen for another 16 or 17 episodes.

Marcia and her OTT reactions to almost everything are annoying.

Mistress is one of those people who thinks she can be as mean and rude as she wants by saying it's all in fun. Fuck off, Mistress. And I mean that in the funnest way.

I wish RuPaul was as over himself as I am. He's said that drag isn't an insult to women, that drag artists love and respect women. Apparently the way to show that is to use words men have traditionally employed to diminish women-- furry pink boxes, fish, pussies and the ultimate cleverness, a tag line with an acronym that many woman hate. And this episode? In the age of Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton, Joy Behar and other active, vital older women, we get cringy stereotypes. RuPaul's 62-year-old ass can join Mistress in the great FO.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

THIS!  I'm glad you mentioned this, because I have been confused ever since seeing Marcia's runway.  How does that illustrate "tie dye?"  Is it another case of the producers changing the theme's name or am I missing a clever pun?

• Like 3

From MarciaX3:

marciax3nyc

Verified

Tie Dye!! This one is weird. I know 😂
I knew I could make a pretty 70’s hippie look out of tie-dye fabric, but I thought it would be too expected. My “dye” was my nose blood from my rhinestoned football clutch😂 In my mind, I wanted to look like a paper doll with little blood droplets you could attach and detach

• Useful 2
18 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Your group fought so fricking hard for this and you couldn’t be bothered to do the actual assignment?

Isn't that what always happens? One team gets into a pissing contest to get the assignment they want, botches it and the one stuck with the thing nobody wanted does just fine.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Isn't that what always happens? One team gets into a pissing contest to get the assignment they want, botches it and the one stuck with the thing nobody wanted does just fine.

Exhibit A, Lady Camden

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought Megan Statler's little runway commentary was funny. Glad they got the old guys in for Untucked instead of her, though. That was really moving. Glad Jax slayed and stayed. Hope this thing moves away from MTV for any future seasons. The edit is ludicrously tight in parts and flabby in others. (No, I want mental, no I want metal, on and on ad infinitum.) Robin Fierce had a lovely gentle energy. Not looking forward to acting challenge next week.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I think Aura got the win because when you usually register a 0.5 on a 1-10 scale for charisma and then you roll a 2 it seems like a huge improvement. I expect her to last two more weeks, tops. 

I thought the old hip-hop grannies were a little too limber in their dances. I can't remember which finale it was, but Rupaul was doing a "dancing" number where she basically just moved her feet about two inches to the right/left in beat with the music. Would have loved to see one of the teams do a perfect rendition of that "dance" move. 

Ru needs to get the hell off of MTV. I miss the hour long shows. 

I don't know who Megan Stalter is & I'm not impressed. Also continue to not be impressed with the move to MTV & the insistence on making that Friends of WeHo show happen. 

Despite the annoying song choice battle by the two groups that wanted metal, the challenge & most of the queens' performances were fun. The runway was disappointing to me with the exception of Sasha & Aura (I know!). 

Robin Fierce sashaying away should've been replaced with Marcia Cubed or Jax. And I like Jax. 

47 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I don't know who Megan Stalter is & I'm not impressed. Also continue to not be impressed with the move to MTV & the insistence on making that Friends of WeHo show happen. 

Despite the annoying song choice battle by the two groups that wanted metal, the challenge & most of the queens' performances were fun. The runway was disappointing to me with the exception of Sasha & Aura (I know!). 

Robin Fierce sashaying away should've been replaced with Marcia Cubed or Jax. And I like Jax. 

I wonder if Marcia’s team won and Ru couldn’t send her away. 

Why does it always come back to the football hitting the nose? No reference to Davy Jones, or Romeo and Juliet, or any other Marcia centered episodes, just the football. Did Marcia Marcia Marcia name herself based on seeing one episode of The Brady Bunch?  

• Like 1

Ugh - i can't stand Megan Stalter.  She is on Hacks and when she is on the screen, i want to turn it off!  She's annoying and entitled as a character and from her "jokes" on Ru, I'm honestly thinking it's just her and who she is.  

This season is so utterly forgettable.  I have to actually look up the queens when they are mentioned outside of the show.  I can't remember who went home each week and who won each week.  Just blurgh.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 2/4/2023 at 4:52 PM, threebluestars said:

It is CRAZY how we went from one of the best All Stars seasons ever, to THIS.

And one of the best regular seasons as well.  Kind chaps my behind to know that the winner of this season will get $200K when the winner of last season just barely got $150K, announced on the final show.