Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: The Big Leagues

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny reunites with Mickey Patrick (Tom Cavanagh), his childhood friend and a former criminal, who comes to him for help finding his missing fiancée. Also, Anthony surprises Erin with one last stakeout before her run for district attorney; Jamie helps a former officer caught committing a crime with the purpose of helping others; and Frank comes face to face with a woman who confesses to killing her husband, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Feb. 3 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"I don't know why you want that job!"   Then why the hell were you running around with a bumper sticker trying to get every Regan to tell her to run?  Did the writers seriously forget this whole DA plot started with Anthony prodding her into it?  

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, Maverick said:

"I don't know why you want that job!"   Then why the hell were you running around with a bumper sticker trying to get every Regan to tell her to run?  Did the writers seriously forget this whole DA plot started with Anthony prodding her into it?  

So now she’s not going to run?  

Jumpin’ jingle bells! I thought the character looked like Tom Cavanaugh, but I didn’t think it was really him! Wonder if that’s why all Anthony’s stakeout junk food was wrapped in Christmas paper? Typical of him to play such a sad sack character. 

• Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, Maverick said:

don't know why you want that job!"   Then why the hell were you running around with a bumper sticker trying to get every Regan to tell her to run?  Did the writers seriously forget this whole DA plot started with Anthony prodding her into it?  

there you go — confusing the issue with facts…

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

All this while I thought Jamie is very by-the-book and is all about making a strong case. Now he is OK with breaking some rules because of “The Grind”? 🤔

- Let Gustavo wears a wire when he isn’t his official CI.

- Let an undocumented immigrant who has committed a crime get away with it because he’s a saviour?

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, Daff said:

Jumpin’ jingle bells! I thought the character looked like Tom Cavanaugh, but I didn’t think it was really him! Wonder if that’s why all Anthony’s stakeout junk food was wrapped in Christmas paper? Typical of him to play such a sad sack character. 

Me three here!  I kept looking at him but didn't look up the cast. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Me three here!  I kept looking at him but didn't look up the cast. 

Lately, I’ve wasted time going to IMDb to search for guest cast, to no avail. Especially on weekly network programs. I believe it’s an indication of the age of IMDb users currently, as that’s where the information comes from. 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

Nah, these writers often give Anthony dialogue that is “yammering” just to hear himself talk (and to instigate). He’s a “nudge”. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Daff said:

Lately, I’ve wasted time going to IMDb to search for guest cast, to no avail. Especially on weekly network programs. I believe it’s an indication of the age of IMDb users currently, as that’s where the information comes from. 

Cavanaugh is listed, as it turns out.  BTW, I also confuse him with Jeffrey Donovan from Law and Order.  LOL.

I'll give them some props for having Cavanaugh actually being a legit pre-established character from Season 4. That's veeeeeeery rare for shows like this. 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

I don't see how she can't run at this point, they've been setting this up for, like, at least half a decade! 

And yet, they certainly did seem like they were suggesting she might not run. I really think the show makes calls thinking the story is wrapping up and they keep getting renewed instead, and they're wondering if they want to lose Anthony as a regular character and Erin doing street level cases. It's silly, though, as they can just give her Frank-esque plots instead. Heck, Anthony can even still show up occasionally. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I really think the show makes calls thinking the story is wrapping up and they keep getting renewed instead, and they're wondering if they want to lose Anthony as a regular character and Erin doing street level cases. It's silly, though, as they can just give her Frank-esque plots instead. Heck, Anthony can even still show up occasionally. 

The writers will find a way for Erin to take Anthony with her. I have no idea what he will be doing or what his title would be, but he is her Reagan whisperer and she needs him. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

The writers will find a way for Erin to take Anthony with her. I have no idea what he will be doing or what his title would be, but he is her Reagan whisperer and she needs him. 

Well, if she just doesn't run, then that could solve the problem, as well, ya know?

But yes, she really has to run. This is so odd to have him say she shouldn't run NOW.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2023 at 11:39 AM, meeeechiganman said:

I am still amazed at Tom Selleck still at it, but as I watch Bloods it seems he always looks so tired, am I wrong?  Don't know how much longer Tom can keep working on this series.

He also seems to have breathing issues. I think he’s had a hip replacement which is probably the reason he sits so much and walks so stiffly

I enjoyed the episode overall and especially enjoyed Frank’s storyline. I do wish he could have perp walked the captain and 2 detectives, but at least he terminated them. That was egregious behavior on their parts. I was kind of bored by Erin’s story until she pulled her gun on that guy