Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This was a series that aired in the early 2010's. I just found out that Disney XD is airing episodes on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.

I can't recommend this series enough. It was a great balance between the comics canon and the developing MCU. One of my fave comic con memories was watching a panel on the show, and the first episode of the second season was dropped on us. Good stuff. Hulk beat the snot out of Ben Grimm three times, and it never stopped being funny.

Does anyone else remember A:EMH?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Disney XD still exists? (I'll never forgive them for cancelling Motorcity.)

I remember EMH: good animation by Film Roman, Dong Woo Animation, Lotto Animation, and Noxxon Enterprise and some solid serialized storytelling under the supervision of head writer Christopher Yost before Jeph Loeb, a hacky, racist shitbag I detest, took over and ruined EMH. Under Loeb and the writing team known as Man of Action, EMH switched to doing standalone episodes, and it was less satisfying.

Some of EMH's casting choices were better than the MCU's. Pepper Potts was voiced by Dawn Olivieri, who's now on Yellowstone but was best known back then as the frequently naked ex-wife on House of Lies. I prefer her over Gwyneth as Pepper. And Brent Spiner was great as the Purple Man.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:24 PM, Lantern7 said:

This was a series that aired in the early 2010's. I just found out that Disney XD is airing episodes on Sunday nights/Monday mornings.

I can't recommend this series enough. It was a great balance between the comics canon and the developing MCU. One of my fave comic con memories was watching a panel on the show, and the first episode of the second season was dropped on us. Good stuff. Hulk beat the snot out of Ben Grimm three times, and it never stopped being funny.

Does anyone else remember A:EMH?

I think I watched this whole series.  But I seem to remember they kept changing the name of the Avengers cartoon for reasons I never fully understood.  I think there was an Avengers Assemble after this one?  

(edited)
On 2/1/2023 at 11:52 AM, blackwing said:

I think I watched this whole series.  But I seem to remember they kept changing the name of the Avengers cartoon for reasons I never fully understood.  I think there was an Avengers Assemble after this one?  

Separate show, nowhere near as fun.

I’m trying to think of all of the stuff introduced that was new to non-fans. Kang, MODOK, Korvac, Guardians of the Galaxy (with Hawkeye disturbed by the tree holding a gun), Galactus arriving with four heralds and the Avengers taking the F4’s place . . .

Oh, and that Hawkeye was closer to canon than the MCU. No disrespect to Jeremy Renner, but I think you need a Hawkeye that you want to admire one minute and slap the next . . . and vice versa.

Edited by Lantern7

I miss this show dearly!  I noticed it's been turning up on the old channel again so I tuned in.  It's still leagues ahead of a lot of crap that's we've been getting lately.  Even Avengers Assemble is enjoyable considering.

On 1/31/2023 at 12:35 PM, MusubiMyHomie said:

Disney XD still exists? (I'll never forgive them for cancelling Motorcity.)

Make it two!!  I really was looking forward to see what was coming next on that show.

• Love 1