Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Urn

• Start Topic

Airdate is February 6, BTW.

-----

After an urn comes off the plane, three siblings must work through their past resentments in order to spread their mom's ashes and fulfill her last fantasy. As the kids wrestle with their past, Roarke remembers their mom, her very first guest as the host of Fantasy Island. Meanwhile, Ruby is surprised to discover how little she knows about Isla.

-----

*sigh* -- Sounds like another therapy episode.

• Thanks 1
On 1/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, statsgirl said:

🤦‍♀️    IMDB is not the most accurate of sources.

The date is accurate in this case. This week, Fox is showing a TMZ special on Lisa Marie Presley on her untimely passing

• Useful 1

I liked the subplots with Joy and her kids. The scene where Joy's kids were watching her videotape was heartbreaking. I thought Ruby's subplot was dumb. I found it interesting that Elena was so unsure of herself because Mr. Roarke was always confident.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

I liked the subplots with Joy and her kids. The scene where Joy's kids were watching her videotape was heartbreaking. I thought Ruby's subplot was dumb. I found it interesting that Elena was so unsure of herself because Mr. Roarke was always confident.

But we never saw Mr. Roarken with his first guest. And Elena is only human while he…was something else

• Like 1

I don’t know this wasn’t my favorite episode at all.  I thought that the storyline with the three siblings was annoying and predictable especially with how much fighting they were doing even as adults. There was nothing that made me care about them but I guess the connection that their mom had to Elena was nice.

I like the character of Ruby but the storyline with Isla isn’t really doing anything for me either. I think maybe the show is trying to find where she fits in with finding love.

But I still love the whole vibe of the show and the characters. 

14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am losing interest in Ruby’s story with Isla. The “mystery” is kinda blah.

I'm guessing Isla is either a mermaid or "the spirit of the island." Probably the latter, due to the bestowing of tattoos. Still, I'd like to see Ruby in a give and take relationship with someone more substantial.

That said, I like this show and the characters more than I ever thought I would.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

I'm guessing Isla is either a mermaid or "the spirit of the island." Probably the latter, due to the bestowing of tattoos.

Probably the latter, because her name is ISLAND!  😄

Yep, count me in for those totally bored with the Ruby/Isla story line.  Ruby's a more interesting character when she's interacting with the guests or other island people.  I like how they're handling Elena & Javier's relationship - it's very background most of the time. 

I found this episode to be a bit blah overall.  I liked Elena's backstory with Joy, but didn't care at all about the bickering siblings.  And I totally didn't understand how they wouldn't know anything about how their mom started a company.  Not knowing about Fantasy Island is one thing, but they were clueless about everything.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, chaifan said:

And I totally didn't understand how they wouldn't know anything about how their mom started a company.  Not knowing about Fantasy Island is one thing, but they were clueless about everything.

Those three kids seemed pretty self-absorbed and mired in past hurts. Once they moved out, I can see them not knowing much about their mom's life and business. 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mojito said:

You mean she's not Ruby's husband who came to Fantasy Island to be with Ruby again?

OMG.  That would be a fabulous twist!  Her husband's fantasy is to be with Ruby again, and ends up as woman that no one else but Ruby can see! 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
On 2/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, chaifan said:

OMG.  That would be a fabulous twist!  Her husband's fantasy is to be with Ruby again, and ends up as woman that no one else but Ruby can see! 

Ruby’s husband passed away last season.  His spirit came to say goodbye in an episode 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Ruby’s husband passed away last season.  His spirit came to say goodbye in an episode 

Remember, the show is called "Fantasy Island". Things are not always what they seem!

• Like 2