Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1: Episode Talk

• Start Topic

Okay, this laser challenge is amazing.  It was cool watching Andie work.  They're so graceful.

I also really appreciate that being streaming means the show doesn't need to be beholden to 42 minutes as a runtime.  So much of this game is about the scheming, and I'm glad they don't have to cut more of it.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Up to Ep 5:

Alan Cumming:   "I am a less butch Agatha Christie." 

"This is going to divulge in chaos".   <-- yeah I don't think "divulge" is the word you wanted. 

"Brandi was starting to become a cancer of rumors." 

I actually liked the music bells challenge in Ep3.  It did require them to remember seeing random objects around the castle.

The spinning wheel challenge was pretty stupid, the riddle in the church challenge seems like it was a good idea but in the end it made no sense Since all the money goes in the same pot what does it matter if one team didn't contribute?  It would be different if say the losing team was told that someone from the losing team would be on the murder list that night.

This is an Episode 3 spoiler:

Spoiler

In the aftermath of the Michael Vote,  people blaming Kate for manipulating them to vote him out get on my nerves.  She at least truthfully thought Michael was a traitor so she voted for him for that reason and based on her convictions. I can respect that.  What I can't respect are the people who were all 'I don’t really think you are a traitor but…." I am voting for you anyway.  I also respect Quentin for also in the face of everyone else standing on his conviction that Michael wasn't a traitor and arguing that

That said,  some of my Kate love is starting to wear off.  She is still funny, but she seems so completely over it.  And she's letting her dislike of Rachel get too personal. 

I love how Cirie is always, always, constantly calculating how she can use anything, anybody does or says for the benefit of the traitors.  Also she played Kyle perfectly.  Meanwhile, Cody is catching feelings about murdering people and it is affecting his judgement.  I would have thought Christian would have been the biggest bungler of the three, but Cody made a rather stupid strategic in the presence of someone who really on the ball. 

Quentin impresses me.  He is playing a very good game and being the right amount to smart, vocal and trustworthy.  I think his defense of Michael went a long way to making people trust him.

Shout out to Fergus for being such a quiet, steady presence.  I love how he is like groundskeeper Willie, but never says a word. 

• Like 9

Yeah his wardrobe is fab! I'd wear those plaid suits in  a heartbeat.  I am a sucker for a well tailored suit.

But I love how campily unconcerned his is about their feelings for the murdered people.  he's basically:

A78437FB-24E6-4EFC-B6F7-48FE4D5039E6.thumb.jpeg.4ad5b956075afdf87a13f690f9e9817b.jpeg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the season.  The nice thing is that the way it shook out, whether Cirie doing as she did or if Andie and Quentin had eliminated her and split the pot, the outcome would have been acceptable.

• Like 3

I am simply gobsmacked that there are so many (not necessarily here) who assumed Arie caved & let Cirie win v. decided that she took his money and got greedy so he was trying to take hers away & making sure the other two won over Cirie. 

• Like 2

Arie seemed over it when Kate was banished instead of Quentin, because that's not what he and Cirie had agree on.  It wouldn't have made a difference if he'd stay, because Cirie had Andie and Quentin in her back pocket, so he would have been banished any way. 

• Like 4

The only banishment I felt kinda bad for was Shelbe.  I did like even thought Cirie is beast-mode gamer, she did take time out to check in on Shelbe when she isolating herself a bit.

Also I got back on the Kate love train.  She was totally cracking me up again.

The only banishment I felt great about was Rachel's.  Like Quentin said, you learn a lot about a person when they are under pressure.  She was just being an asshole during her banishment.  No class.  Also I felt the ghost of Shelbe hovering. During Shelbe's banishment Rachel was hammering her hard to "prove" she was a faithful and Shelbe rightly said "nothing I say will convince you."  Meanwhile during Rachel's banishment all she herself could say is "I promise you I am a faithful."  So like Shelbe there was nothing she could say that sway anyone.

Also it was just a game until it was her on the block and then it became personal and back-stabby. 

• Like 15
21 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Also I got back on the Kate love train.  She was totally cracking me up again.

Kate's game is why I mentioned the benefits of consistency in an earlier post.  She was pegged as a traitor very early on and even though no one really changed their mind on that, there was always someone acting differently who suddenly took precedence in the boot order.  She was always out there and didn't try to hide.  In fact, she went full on The Mole mode there for a bit with sabotage and tried to get murdered by the traitors or banished by the house and she couldn't buy her own exit.

It's absolutely amazing how long she managed to last given how suspicious everyone was of her and how much she tried to get out of there.

Both Cody and Christian eventually got the boot when they overreached in their strategizing. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@Drogo would be shit hot at this - dude, where are you, this is your JAM yo!

LMAO I appreciate your confidence but I would never imagine I’m so smart and special that I’d be great at one of these shows.  (100 every person who shits the bed thought they were gonna kill it before they got there.)

Great premise but the worst of the worst reality “stars.”

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

LMAO I appreciate your confidence but I would never imagine I’m so smart and special that I’d be great at one of these shows.  (100 every person who shits the bed thought they were gonna kill it before they got there.)

Great premise but the worst of the worst reality “stars.”

As someone who I know to be an excellent mafia player, and an extroverted person with a big heart combined with ruthless player skills, there's no doubt in my mind that you'd have fun with it, heh.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

As someone who I know to be an excellent mafia player, and an extroverted person with a big heart combined with ruthless player skills, there's no doubt in my mind that you'd have fun with it, heh.

Have fun with it?  No doubt.  Win?  Lol nah.  Because with all my ruthless machinations, no doubt my BigHeart™ would still commit itself to a clever INFJ woman (likely complete with posh accent and higher IQ then I can count to) who would allow me to collect blood on my hands then coup de grâce me in the final episode while she takes credit for everything I've done and putting two in my head.  No of course I'm not speaking from experience.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:25 PM, DearEvette said:

Oh Ryan Lochte.  Bless His Heart.  He so sweet and dumb. 

He was even dumber on Big Brother, but he was the dumbest during the Summer Olympics in Brazil.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Have fun with it?  No doubt.  Win?  Lol nah.  Because with all my ruthless machinations, no doubt my BigHeart™ would still commit itself to a clever INFJ woman (likely complete with posh accent and higher IQ then I can count to) who would allow me to collect blood on my hands then coup de grâce me in the final episode while she takes credit for everything I've done and putting two in my head.  No of course I'm not speaking from experience.

She sounds delightful!

• Fire 1

LOVED this season!  I had forgotten to mention how much I enjoyed Alan Cummings as the host; he was absolutely perfect!  You could tell he was really enjoying himself and I hope he comes back for next season.

Just a suggestion to whoever creates the threads if next season can we do a thread for each episode instead of the entire season?  People are discussing events that happened at the finale when some people might not have seen that yet but still want to discuss the episodes they've watched.  I totally understand the stay off the boards if you don't want to be spoiled thing but it just an easier way to navigate a discussion would be helpful.

• Like 15
  • Useful 2

One more episode to go.  I have been spoiled, of course, but still very excited to see how it all plays out. 

I have to say Christian's face when he was voted out cracked me up.  He just looked gobsmacked. 

But, dude, you were sooo obvious and then you threw out Cirie's name where up to that point nobody really had and in front of Arie.  You were toast from that moment.

Also the hubris.  He really thought he was indestructible.  I just knew karma was coming for him. 

The laser thing was very cool.  And Andie was a joy to watch.  I just love them.  So I am going to feel bad when they find out Cirie is a traitor.  My husband always crack up at them and Quentin because he is like 'they are just so wrong, so very wrong.'  LOL.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

I have to say Christian's face when he was voted out cracked me up.  He just looked gobsmacked. 

But, dude, you were sooo obvious and then you threw out Cirie's name where up to that point nobody really had and in front of Arie.  You were toast from that moment.

Also the hubris.  He really thought he was indestructible.  I just knew karma was coming for him. 

He really was a doofus. And not only a doofus but a 'thinks he's smarter than he actually is' total doofus. He learned that for himself, the hard way.

• Like 7

I literally just scrolled to the bottom of this thread with my hand over my eyes so I could post without getting spoiled. 😂

I'm only on episode 3 but I'm already missing the British version. I wish they hadn't made the decision to have half of the cast be reality tv-ers as they suck all of the oxygen out of the room, not to mention all of the screen time. 

With the exception of Cirie and Stephanie, and of course, Ryan Lochte, I don't know who any of these people are. And that girl from Big Brother talking about leveraging her "fandom" and how she's an icon? 🙄 Honey, have 10,000 seats.

Christian is 100% going to be the first traitor to be sussed out. Good grief, shut your pie hole dude. That plastic surgery fan was annoying but at least she wasn't an idiot. Does Christian think he's good at being covert because he's a veteran? Cause he ain't. 

These early episodes are always hard for me to keep up with the sheer number of contestants. 

Looking forward to getting further in so I can come back and actually read this forum. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

These early episodes are always hard for me to keep up with the sheer number of contestants. 

After a while I had stopped thinking about who was a reality tv star and who was a "normal" and just went with who was faithful and who was a traitor.  

If I have one complaint it's that the challenges were a bit blah to me, and I found myself FF through a lot of them.  It's kinda like Big Brother to me where the challenges are just filler and the scheming and plotting is what I tune in for 

• Like 2

Finale Episode:

Oh man.  Oh man.  Oh man.  That last episode was intense.  Really, tho, hats off to this show.  Well done.  That was a great ending.  Brava to Cirie.  Alan was right, she has the best poker face.

At the point when it was the last four, it was a win-win for Cirie and Arie if they had all voted to end game.  They would have won anyway.  But Cirie took the gamble and it paid off.

I will say I was watching with my hoodie pulled up almost to hide my face when Arie walked after revealing he was a traitor.  Andie and Quentin were so grateful to Cirie for "umasking" the traitor.  Knowing what was coming I was watching their grateful tears and their certainty with winning  the money with a fair amount of pity and cringe.  But like Cirie said, she was a traitor.  What was she gonna do, walk away?  So she had to be the best traitor she could be. 

So yeah, like any reality show I have ever watched I feel like the first season is really rather pure and always in hindsight tends to be the most satisfying.  S1 participants really don;t know what to expect so they are winging it as they go along.  They are the least predictable and are more fun to watch.  Subsequent seasons, for me, the participants all tend to try to tailor their actions to what went before so they feel less authentic and even more calculating in their actions/reaction.  With a game like this, I think that would be an even bigger issue. 

Anyway, I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would.

• Like 12

Cerie must be even better in real life to have completely duped everyone else in the game.  If I went in, she would have been my first assumption to be a traitor, based on what I've seen her do on Survivor.

Watching Andie and Quinton at the end was really painful.

• Like 6

In episode 1:

Rachel: I know Cody really well. We drank together. I know his FAMILY.

They must have edited out the bit where she said her hubby Brendon got french kissed by Cody’s dad, who we saw do that particular thing with both his sons in previous episodes of Big Brother. Hey, it’s how Italian-American males in New Jersey of a certain generation express affection!

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Watching Andie and Quinton at the end was really painful.

It really was!  I was having a sense of cognitive dissonance...  Everything was going the way I wanted, Cody was banished, Christian was banished, Cirie was poised to win--all things I had wanted all season long--and yet I felt so bad for Quentin and Andie.  I love Cirie and thought she played the game perfectly so I don't hold it against her, but the way it played out in the end was kind of a bummer for me.

• Like 15

I'm only on the 4th episode but it's making me laugh thinking that no one is ever going to vote for Ryan because they know he's too dumb to be a traitor. Also, I think Cirie should win every show she's on. I think she should also win shows she isn't on - just give her all the prize money.

Edited by anniebird
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3

I finally got around to watching this.  I had high hopes for it and thought it was well done!  I knew nothing about the UK version or how it was done compared to this version, so I didn't have anything to compare it to.  From what I had seen/heard, I thought it might be on par with The Mole or a one time FOX reality show called Murder in Small Town X.  I'll watch Cirie in anything, and since she's never going to win Survivor, I'm glad she's doing something else that is up her alley.  I loved how she wanted to be a traitor, but she'd be the first one I'd suspect (although I'd also think she'd be too obvious to be picked as a traitor so maybe I wouldn't lol).  She'd be on my radar though.  I think I would have suspected all of the reality show personalities, tbh. 

I wasn't sure how I'd like the mix of reality stars and newbies, but I thought it worked well.  I have a love/hate relationship with Rachel, but she does make for good TV.  I thought she held her own pretty well.  Cody and Stephenie are two reality show celebs I don't need to see again.  Stephenie wasn't as annoying on here as she was when she was on Survivor, but there's still other Survivor alums I would have rather seen.  And yes Cody, you definitely lucked out more than you know when it came to winning Big Brother.  I don't want to get into the results in case people haven't watched, but it's worth checking out.  I hope there's a season 2 as well.  I've seen quite a few reality show alums on Twitter saying they are interested  if there is another season.  

The Below Deck star had to be kidding when she said she was a relative of Sherlock Holmes, right?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1

Could someone explain to me what Cirie's plan was? She said 1) she doesn't want to take anything away from anyone else, but that 2) she doesn't want someone else to take the money who hasn't earned it and 3) it sucks that she has to be the one to bring this up. Why would a faithful say that? When she said the middle part you couldn't see her face and it almost sounded like it could've been dubbed in later. I don't know, the whole thing is just weird. Obiously Arie had to keep his mouth shut 'cause he was bowing out of the competition, but what if he hadn't quit, what would've Cirie said? That Arie is a traitor? And then Arie would say, no you're the traitor? I don't get it.

• Like 2

My interpretation is at the end, Cirie was really struggling with a lot of conflicting emotions.  She genuinely liked Andie and Quentin and she knew they both, especially Andie, really needed the money.  But then so did she.  And in reality, the only way they'd get the money anyway was if both she and Arie were banished.  And she had come this far and did so much as a traitor that not getting the money in the end would have made the whole thing a waste.

Regards Arie, she also struggled with her loyalty to him.  They were both Traitors.  But in her end game calculation, like she said, she was a Traitor longer, struggled longer, had to act longer, had to lie longer etc.  He would end up with the reward for doing less work.  It is kinda like doing group work in school.  You do all the work and the teacher adds a new student to your group at the very end and they get the 'A' as well.   As I was watching, I don't think I could have made that decision.  I am too much a weenie.  I would have voted end game at that point and just split the money with Arie.  This is why I have to give her mad, mad props and end the end what made that last episode so riveting.  It was really a boss move.

As fo Arie himself,  I think Cirie had boxed him in a corner.  I am assuming the rules did not allow one traitor to  outright out another traitor.   If it came down to a banishment vote, I think he read the writing on the wall and knew he did not have the votes.  Andie was ride or die for Cirie and I think Quentin was in her pocket to.  He just did not have the loyalty from them that she had.  I think he simply felt it would be easier to concede rather than get banished. 

• Like 12

Imagine if Arie had forced a vote.  Then Andie and Quentin would have faced knowing that they had directly given Cerie the win, rather than indirectly by not considering that she could be a traitor.  They were devastated enough as it was.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Imagine if Arie had forced a vote.  Then Andie and Quentin would have faced knowing that they had directly given Cerie the win, rather than indirectly by not considering that she could be a traitor.  They were devastated enough as it was.

How so? If Arie had forced a vote, he would have been voted out and then the remaining three would've had to decide again whether to end the game or vote again just as they did anyway. Potato/Potahto.

3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But in her end game calculation, like she said, she was a Traitor longer, struggled longer, had to act longer, had to lie longer etc.  He would end up with the reward for doing less work.  It is kinda like doing group work in school.  You do all the work and the teacher adds a new student to your group at the very end and they get the 'A' as well.

I understood her rationale and didn't hold her wanting to win by herself against her at all - it's a game and there are no rules about loyalty - however, I think her rationale was flawed because if not for Arie's assistance she may have been caught out as a Traitor herself, ergo, he helped her get to the final.

It's like being in a running race where someone joins the race in the last lap - and you stumble and they stop to help you up, sure you did more running, but had they not helped you wouldn't have been in a position to win. Then rather than tie with them, you push them out of the way because you think you deserve it more/did more running.

I'm all for pushing them out of the way if that's what they wanna do, go for it lol - but don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining while you do it.

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

How so? If Arie had forced a vote, he would have been voted out and then the remaining three would've had to decide again whether to end the game or vote again just as they did anyway. Potato/Potahto.

Because they would have had a direct role in letting Cerie win everything, versus the more passive role in not figuring out that she was a traitor.  Arie let them keep a little dignity.

7 minutes ago, meep.meep said:

Because they would have had a direct role in letting Cerie win everything, versus the more passive role in not figuring out that she was a traitor.  Arie let them keep a little dignity.

Whether that aspect was intentional on Arie's part is unclear but the end result amounts to the same, so fair point.

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

I understood her rationale and didn't hold her wanting to win by herself against her at all - it's a game and there are no rules about loyalty - however, I think her rationale was flawed because if not for Arie's assistance she may have been caught out as a Traitor herself, ergo, he helped her get to the final.

I also have to wonder if some of her past reality show game history was working on her as she went through her thought process there in the end.  She had made it this far, and it would, imo, have been galling for Arie to have somehow come in so late i the game as a traitor only to somehow manage swoop in and take it from her in the end.  She had no way of knowing where his mind was in this.  Sure, in hindsight we see how it played out, but in the moment she had no real way of knowing if he would have gone for banishment or end game at that point. 

I could imagine being that close to winning and starting to get nervous about how he could derail her.  Because at that point he really was the only one who could.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I also have to wonder if some of her past reality show game history was working on her as she went through her thought process there in the end.  She had made it this far, and it would, imo, have been galling for Arie to have somehow come in so late i the game as a traitor only to somehow manage swoop in and take it from her in the end.  She had no way of knowing where his mind was in this.  Sure, in hindsight we see how it played out, but in the moment she had no real way of knowing if he would have gone for banishment or end game at that point. 

I could imagine being that close to winning and starting to get nervous about how he could derail her.  Because at that point he really was the only one who could.

Completely agree. She had to look out for herself 100%. Other than her justification which didn't sit well with and rang hollow for me, I thought, 'girl, you do what you gots to do'. This is a dog-eat-dog game and you should trust no-one.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Caudex said:

Could someone explain to me what Cirie's plan was? She said 1) she doesn't want to take anything away from anyone else, but that 2) she doesn't want someone else to take the money who hasn't earned it and 3) it sucks that she has to be the one to bring this up. Why would a faithful say that? When she said the middle part you couldn't see her face and it almost sounded like it could've been dubbed in later. I don't know, the whole thing is just weird.

They didn't show the stuff leading up to the final vote because I think they wanted to hold the suspense but I've read elsewhere that Cirie had been working Quentin and Andie about what they'd do if a Final 4 vote was called.  She had been working the "Arie doesn't need this win like we do" with them before she gave her speech.

Her argument was probably simple.  For Andie, Quentin and Cirie, this approximately $75K+ (which is what it would have been had all three of them split the pot) could significantly alter their lives whereas Arie already has a second house in Hawaii. He comes from a privileged background and it sounds like he already earns a decent living as an influencer. 

In many ways, having Arie act as the invited traitor was perfect for her because nothing about him read as needing the money.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

They didn't show the stuff leading up to the final vote because I think they wanted to hold the suspense but I've read elsewhere that Cirie had been working Quentin and Andie about what they'd do if a Final 4 vote was called.  She had been working the "Arie doesn't need this win like we do" with them before she gave her speech.

Her argument was probably simple.  For Andie, Quentin and Cirie, this approximately $75K+ (which is what it would have been had all three of them split the pot) could significantly alter their lives whereas Arie already has a second house in Hawaii. He comes from a privileged background and it sounds like he already earns a decent living as an influencer. 

In many ways, having Arie act as the invited traitor was perfect for her because nothing about him read as needing the money.

That makes a lot of sense. Cirie was able to position herself as both a reality star and a regular person allowing her to form relationships with everyone. 

I’m guessing that also played a role in Arie taking himself out of the game. He seemed to be more about the experience of playing the game than about the money. Him challenging Cirie was unlikely to work in his favor and the son of a multimillionaire “taking” the money from someone who really needed it wouldn’t be a good look.

Quinton and Andie only have themselves to blame. They knew that the game started with 3 traitors. Arie said in his speech as he was leaving that he was invited to be a traitor “late in the game”. That means a total of four traitors. Even counting Arie that’s only three. All they had to do was some very simple math to know SOMEONE was still a traitor. But the were so blinded by their loyalty they couldn’t see that. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, HelloooKitty said:

They knew that the game started with 3 traitors. Arie said in his speech as he was leaving that he was invited to be a traitor “late in the game”.

They didn't know that for sure.  They were only told that there'd be between 2-5 traitors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5

I only watched it for Alan Cumming and BD Kate who I find hilarious.
And I do not think I will watch another season.

Were most of the players that idiots?? Or just groomed by the production to act like morons?
There is no way they never suspected the final winner or they did not boot Kate sooner and kept banishing other people instead of her. Which is why I think the production kept Kate in for her witty commentary till the very end. 

The winner really creeps me out and gave me sociopath vibes..
I did not believe a single word of what the winner was saying, especially those tears at the end...fake fake fake. Such a creepy person!! scary!!

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 4
On 1/20/2023 at 6:45 PM, DearEvette said:

Completely agree.  I couldn’t help but think about the one moment on Survivor when she thought she had it and it was ripped from her by production at the end.  I read someone on here calling her a sociopath and I truly do not think she is.  I hated seeing everything happen the way it did for Andie and Quentin but really didn’t feel bad for Arie because she was right - she had put herself through hell for much longer than he had.   In the end, as someone said, what was she going to do? Walk away and let them win it when the rules state that if there is a traitor left, they get the money.  It was truly of foolish of the other two to blindly assume Cirie was a. faithful. 

I have been a Cirie fan forever though so I was really happy she finally won one!! 

• Like 15

I mean, Andie and Quentin only have themselves to blame here. Cirie may be a great actress (give her a Daytime Emmy), but I have watched too many mysteries in my life, so if someone is like, "I love you, always remember that" I will immediately be suspicious of their motives. You're just about to get Fredoed, so grab that baggy of red light to throw on the fire.  Like, I will never understand people that don't get that at the end of the day this is just a game. This isn't summer camp. This is a reality TV show. Please, spare me the sob story. Life changing amount of money? Not really after taxes. Like why is everyone braiding friendship bracelets?

• Like 7
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Life changing amount of money? Not really after taxes.

Life changing amount of money doesn't have to mean "set for life."  Even had they split the 250K and paid taxes, it could be the amount needed to put a down payment on a home.  Or pay off student loans/medical debt.  Or pay for college. Or catch up retirement savings they might have been able to start. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
On 1/16/2023 at 1:04 PM, SilverStormm said:

Dude's critical thinking skillz evaporated at the thought that they'd won, his face when Cirie said "I'm a Traitor" was an absolute classic picture. 

Evaporated? Quentin was so wrong the entire game, he provided some inadvertent comic relief.

I like Cirie. She seemed to tone down some of self-aggrandization we'd see in her Survivor confessionals. Kate Chastain was magic and Rachel was just Rachel. Not much of a Stephanie fan but she she didn't bother me as much as I thought she would. Kyle too was better than expected.

On the flip side, no love for Christian or Michael, both annoyed the ever living crap out of me

The rest were a bit meh. I loved the show (described it to a friend as (original) Mole-esque but campier) and hope it's back for S2.

• Like 7

Thrilled with the result! I've always loved Cirie and was happy to see her finally come out victorious. I did feel badly for Andie because I believed they were genuinely hurt and genuinely needed that money. ☹️ I'm happy that Quentin didn't win anything because the dude was so comically obtuse. For me it came down to being satisfied with Andie or Cirie winning the money, no one else. 

I know I thought that Christian would be the first traitor booted but now I'm sort of glad he wasn't because it gave him more time to believe his own hype. In addition to being supremely annoying, he was also just a comically bad actor. Every single reaction was dialed up to 11. He also reminded me of when I was a teen and would get caught lying to my mother because I COUDLN'T STOP TALKING. 

I found Kate hilarious. In real life, I would hate her but she provided some nice comic relief here. 

If they do move forward with a 2nd season, I hope they chuck the reality tv folks angle as I just think it was a distraction (I recognize the irony in this given that I was thrilled with Cirie's victory). I just think when people come into the game with preconceived notions of some of the contestants, it takes away some of the mystery. I'd like to see an "all normals" season. 

• Like 11

So, I just binge watched the entire season in one go. Overall, it had entertainment value but I don't think it was edited that well, or they just had a mostly mediocre cast with very few highlights.

Cirie was, by far, the best player there, only rivalling Brandi, who had great reads but got banished too early to make any headway. Kate wasn't a bad player but I think having her two allies go out very early soured her of the game, especially as she was put on the outs (due to her own mistakes, imo). Kate went from entertaining me to pissing me off with her active sabotages to entertaining me again once Rachel left.

Kyle wasn't a bad player, he also had some very decent reads, which is why he was taken out when he was. But his mistake was telling certain people the wrong information.

I was happy with the outcome, even with Cirie turning on her fellow traitors to take the money for herself. To be fair, she had two messy players that risked their team with stupid moves, and then Arie, who had no more than three days as a traitor. She made the right move and it's her fellow traitors that couldn't see that she would do anything to win. It was her smartest play and I applaud her for making that tough choice. You could tell she didn't have pleasure in turning on people.

It wasn't a terrible season but it had a lot of issues, beyond just the casting aspect. The challenges did pretty much nothing overall. They were basically filler since the challenge wins didn't mean anything for most of the game. They earned money, yes, but there was no punishment for a challenge that was lost, especially the team-based ones. Only the three episodes where the armory pass came into play, but even then, it didn't seem to matter much since the same person won the pass. And, even with Alan stating that the challenges was a good way to sus out the traitors...no, they weren't. Besides episode one, with the Reza/Michael argument, and episode two, with Geraldine, the challenges didn't do much to sus out anybody.

The editing was also poor. Even if the show only had a select few entertaining players in the reality stars, they needed to spread out the editing more. I did not need to see 32 confessionals of Kate complaining about being there. I needed to see more of players like Shelbe, who got a total of four confessionals in eight episodes.  Again, I understand that the non-reality stars, except for Christian, were boring as hell, but then they should have stuck to all reality stars if they couldn't find any engaging players.

I also did not like another traitor being recruited near the end. There was no need for that; it just made it impossible for the Faithfuls to win. I know they need to have a contingency in case all the traitors go out early, but Cirie and Christian didn't need a third traitor. They were doing just fine and it evened things out with the Faithfuls by having Cody go when he did. The Faithfuls already sucked at that stage. The Traitors didn't need a solidified win by having Arie join them. The Traitors had the win locked down by episode three.

• Like 11