Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Quiet and Loud

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Shaun and Lea soon learn that their surprise pregnancy may also come with additional complications. Meanwhile, Doctors Park, Reznick and Allen treat a teen with Gardner’s syndrome whose past surgical history jeopardizes the outcome of his current one.

Original airdate 1/23/23

• Like 1

Asher was adorable tonight.

What was with Glassman slinking off when everyone else was celebrating? He better not be going emo again.

Yes, Reznick, maintain those boundaries. Park is getting really close to being inappropriately stalker-y. 

Some really nice, subtle, non-verbal acting choices tonight:

• the mom telling her son pre-surgery that whatever happened she'd be OK, then having to quickly compose herself before he sees her face again
  • the recognition and acknowledgement between Shaun and Glassman that Shaun needed a hug and Glassman wanted to comfort him

Oh and I'm still not convinced that Lim is 100% committed to this relationship, but is uneasy about ending it with a man in a wheelchair, like she'd be accused of abandoning him or something.

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 9

I liked everyone sitting in the hall with Shaun, waiting on the news about Lea. And the reveal of their baby's gender! Aw.

Also liked Jordan and Daniel trying to work through everything that recently happened as well. 

I like to think Lim's genuinely interested in seeing this guy - I'm glad he took back the proposal and they're moving a little slower. But I can understand wondering about her commitment, too. 

• Like 4

People sitting with Shaun was nice, but what about all the other patients in the hospital? But anyway, hopefully we are now done with the pregnancy drama.

I am not sure it is realistic that Daniel is just allowed back on staff. I'm also not really sure what the point of him slipping was, if they are just going to jump forward to him being sober again? Just a roadblock for him and Jordan? 

• Like 7

I guess it has been a while since David Shore got a former House alumni back here, so it was fun seeing Anne Dudek as the patient's mother tonight.  Especially enjoyed it whenever she was in the same scene/frame as Reznick, since I remember first thinking that Reznick was initially suppose to be this show's version of "Cutthroat Bitch" Amber when she first arrived.  But I thought Anne and the actor playing the son did great work here and made the "case of the week" one of the better ones.

They almost got me with thinking that Lea was going to lose the baby.  Deep down, I really doubted they would make her (and Shaun) go through that twice, but I was considering the possibility right until the very end.  It was nice seeing the majority of the main cast (and recurring ones) appear in the hallway to support them.  And that Shaun/Glassman hug!

As usual, I continue to be annoyed by Park's self-pity and complaints over Reznick keeping him at a distance, because the only reason this is even happening is because he broke up with her for the lamest reason possible.

I'm guessing Daniel wouldn't be back that quickly in real life, but... well, this definitely ain't real life!

Still not sure if there is really anything there for Lim and her new boyfriend long term, but I'm glad she's at least taken a couple of steps back and wants him to move in first, before they even think of revisiting the whole marriage thing.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

People sitting with Shaun was nice, but what about all the other patients in the hospital? But anyway, hopefully we are now done with the pregnancy drama.

I am not sure it is realistic that Daniel is just allowed back on staff. I'm also not really sure what the point of him slipping was, if they are just going to jump forward to him being sober again? Just a roadblock for him and Jordan? 

My thought was "Why are a neurosurgeon and a trauma surgeon doing an OB surgery?" - I mean, I could understand Lim being there if it were a trauma, but Glassman was just a bit odd.

I was also wtfing at the guy being allowed back on staff and same - the 3 month time jump just felt cheap. We should've had to see him actually improve - maybe some people visiting him, seeing how he is doing. I could understand if they decided to do that to get rid of him, but... yeaaaah.

29 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I guess it has been a while since David Shore got a former House alumni back here, so it was fun seeing Anne Dudek as the patient's mother tonight.  Especially enjoyed it whenever she was in the same scene/frame as Reznick, since I remember first thinking that Reznick was initially suppose to be this show's version of "Cutthroat Bitch" Amber when she first arrived.  But I thought Anne and the actor playing the son did great work here and made the "case of the week" one of the better ones.

They almost got me with thinking that Lea was going to lose the baby.  Deep down, I really doubted they would make her (and Shaun) go through that twice, but I was considering the possibility right until the very end.  It was nice seeing the majority of the main cast (and recurring ones) appear in the hallway to support them.  And that Shaun/Glassman hug!

As usual, I continue to be annoyed by Park's self-pity and complaints over Reznick keeping him at a distance, because the only reason this is even happening is because he broke up with her for the lamest reason possible.

I'm guessing Daniel wouldn't be back that quickly in real life, but... well, this definitely ain't real life!

Still not sure if there is really anything there for Lim and her new boyfriend long term, but I'm glad she's at least taken a couple of steps back and wants him to move in first, before they even think of revisiting the whole marriage thing.

I thought that was CTB!

Also, Park is just reaping what he sowed, he broke up for a stupid reason and now he is becoming clingy.

• Like 4

As soon as they said it's a boy, I know they are going to name him after Shaun's deceased brother.

What is going on with Reznick? I dont think she is harvesting her eggs. I wonder if she has cancer?  Park needs to just get down on his knees and beg forgiveness and see if she will have him back.

I liked the wall scene as well and Lim and Shaun hugging.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I like to think Lim's genuinely interested in seeing this guy - I'm glad he took back the proposal and they're moving a little slower. But I can understand wondering about her commitment, too. 

I admit, my opinion might be influenced by the actors' complete lack of chemistry (which I think is mostly his fault, to me he has absolutely no charm.)

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I guess it has been a while since David Shore got a former House alumni back here, so it was fun seeing Anne Dudek as the patient's mother tonight.  

I did recognize her, but didn't know from where. Thanks!

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, preeya said:

Same here. I recognized her and thought she'd played a doctor on some show I'd seen but just couldn't place her. And she's not listed as cast on the show in the IMDB yet so I had to re-watch the first 10 minutes and pay attention to the guest stars list. I used to have a fabulous memory for tv trivia. Getting old is h*ll.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

As usual, I continue to be annoyed by Park's self-pity and complaints over Reznick keeping him at a distance, because the only reason this is even happening is because he broke up with her for the lamest reason possible

After she’d just been held at gunpoint…

Even when they were together he acted as though she was never good enough him. He was always the “good guy” and picked at anything she did that didn’t match his high morals. She’s better off without him but knowing this show she’ll be begging for him back by the final. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, preeya said:

I recognized her right away and had a mental image of her driving a wedge between Wilson and House…as a more likable character, she played Piper Perabo’s homey sister in “Covert Affairs”. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Starchild said:
13 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I admit, my opinion might be influenced by the actors' complete lack of chemistry (which I think is mostly his fault, to me he has absolutely no charm.

That’s it! I was thinking, OK, I guess the audience just hasn’t really gotten to know the guy (although with a 3 month time jump, presumably LIM has!)  Nope, time jump or not, he’s just boring.

• Like 3

I was sure that Lea would be fine but I admit that I was worried about the baby, even if having Shaun and Lea lose a second baby seems way too brutal. Hopefully this is the end of the baby drama and the rest of the pregnancy will be easy going, I like the idea of Shaun and Lea having a baby together, but the drama is way to much. 

Everyone sitting together was nice, although I always wonder in medical shows how much work is not getting done while the main characters are all having big emotional moments. I guess that's what the minor characters are for? The nurses giving Shaun and Lea flowers was a nice gesture, even if Shaun isn't a fan!

If Park wanted to still be Morgan's boyfriend, he shouldn't have dumped her for stupid reasons. Just slow your rolls there. 

I am pretty sure that in the real world no way would Daniel be back to work so soon after a relapse and overdose, both for his sake and the hospitals liability, but I am glad that he's doing alright and that he's back. 

The case of the week with the teenager was really good, the actors really sold the hell out of it. I loved the quick moment where the mom had to compose herself before seeing her son before he went into his surgery. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Even when they were together he acted as though she was never good enough him. He was always the “good guy” and picked at anything she did that didn’t match his high morals. She’s better off without him but knowing this show she’ll be begging for him back by the final. 

Morgan wasn't exactly the perfect girlfriend either.  Am I the only one who remembers that up until recently the whole forum seemed to despise her?  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
45 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Morgan wasn't exactly the perfect girlfriend either.  Am I the only one who remembers that up until recently the whole forum seemed to despise her?  

She wasn’t but she’s constantly called out for her shortcomings. Park is not and the way he’s treated her before and since the breakup has put me off him. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

As soon as they said it's a boy, I know they are going to name him after Shaun's deceased brother.

Yes, I said the same thing. That kid will be named Steve.

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

I haven't disliked Morgan since season 1, if ever. I don't remember others talking about hating her either, even though she is supposed to be the bitch.

She wasn't the perfect girlfriend, but she's not the one trying to act like Park should still be her BFF after ending it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Yes, I said the same thing. That kid will be named Steve.

Seems like a good guess since Lea was talking about choosing a name beginning with S for her daughter.  Kind of a strange coincidence, if that's what it is.

• Like 2

No means no, Park.  

It didn't surprise me that all Shaun and Lea's friends were waiting with him. Wasn't it the end of the day when Lea went into surgery,  after 5:00?  I assume these people don't work 24 hours a day and were all coming off their shift.  We saw Jordan and Daniel at their lockers, getting ready to leave.  All of those who were there with Shaun had been seen working earlier in the day, hadn't they?  Did we see Jerome?

If I'm ever hospitalized for several days, I hope a friend like Asher comes to visit me, brings me magazines, chats for a while.  I'm confident that would speed my recovery.  

When I see Anne Dudek, for a minute I think it's Jessica Hecht.  They look alike (to me) - something about the shape of their faces. 

• Like 4

Was anyone else expecting them to be like "Wait, there's twins!" when they were operating on Leah?

That was my first thought when Glassman said "Wait, look" and ended up finding the bleed.

Edited by bros402
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Well, I didn't hate the episode. I was able to suspend disbelief on the Lim affair because I hope that "love story" stays in the background. Maybe the producers want it to be there because they can claim to be inclusive by hiring a disabled person. Fine with me.

I ignore the Resnick story because it came from nowhere and I am not even a little curious. 

Park is bland, annoying and useless. He is like an extra at this point

The whole "drug addicted doctor comes back" was ok. I think it was realistic enough, the way they did the probation but I don't care about that budding romance. I don't think the actors have chemistry and they come out as too perfect and Jordan is too understanding and friendly. Someone n her position would probably be freaking out a little about being the reason for the relapse - which no matter what he says, she was. The more he denies, the more obvious it makes that he was afraid of the commitment.

But the story with Shaun was ok. He was obnoxious about the hospital stay - after surgery, the faster you can leave the better. Hospitals are bacteria favorite place - but the way they showed how he needs people and support, just as much as Lea, was not the usual shit show. Now, the writers and editors need to work on their timeline. The editing made it look like Lea's surgery lasted longer than a double transplant and that's just plain ridiculous

The actor who plays Lea was good in the episode and she looked really beautiful.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, circumvent said:

But the story with Shaun was ok. He was obnoxious about the hospital stay - after surgery, the faster you can leave the better. Hospitals are bacteria favorite place 

Good point, you'd think Shaun would take that into account.  Although I think he said there was a bigger risk of infection if she left the hospital early, so not sure how those two ideas make sense together...

12 hours ago, circumvent said:

The actor who plays Lea was good in the episode and she looked really beautiful.

Funny you said that, because at the end after the surgery, I thought that whoever is responsible for such things took extra care to make sure her hair was spread out over her pillow in a pleasing way lol.  

• Like 1
19 hours ago, circumvent said:

Well, I didn't hate the episode. I was able to suspend disbelief on the Lim affair because I hope that "love story" stays in the background. Maybe the producers want it to be there because they can claim to be inclusive by hiring a disabled person. Fine with me.

I ignore the Resnick story because it came from nowhere and I am not even a little curious. 

Park is bland, annoying and useless. He is like an extra at this point

The whole "drug addicted doctor comes back" was ok. I think it was realistic enough, the way they did the probation but I don't care about that budding romance. I don't think the actors have chemistry and they come out as too perfect and Jordan is too understanding and friendly. Someone n her position would probably be freaking out a little about being the reason for the relapse - which no matter what he says, she was. The more he denies, the more obvious it makes that he was afraid of the commitment.

But the story with Shaun was ok. He was obnoxious about the hospital stay - after surgery, the faster you can leave the better. Hospitals are bacteria favorite place - but the way they showed how he needs people and support, just as much as Lea, was not the usual shit show. Now, the writers and editors need to work on their timeline. The editing made it look like Lea's surgery lasted longer than a double transplant and that's just plain ridiculous

Didn't hate this episode high five!

I was thinking the exact same with Lea, but didn't want to sound shallow!

• Like 1
On 1/26/2023 at 2:48 AM, possibilities said:

It bothered me that Shaun was controlling who could visit and whether they could laugh, etc. when Lea was in her hospital bed. She needed to push back and not just let him run roughshod over her. But it was good that Asher intervened. 

Asher has such a polite way of butting in, without being offensive.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

All I wanted to do was yell, "Gently!" when Sean enthusiastically grabbed Lim after she had just performed a multi-hour surgery while standing on her miraculously-healed yet still wobbly legs.

• Like 1