Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E12: Big Rig

Poohpoohpooh
  • Start Topic

“Big Rig” – When an old pal of Torres’ comes to him – disheveled and bloodied – for guidance amidst an undercover FBI operation and then disappears, NCIS helps track him down. Also, McGee prepares to be a contestant on a popular game show, on the CBS Original series NCIS, Monday, Jan. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

I have nothing good or interesting to say about Torres' recycled drama or wooden acting.

It's nice how they are developing Parker's character as a team member, leader and agent in a consistent way and making him more likable each day.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, twoods said:

I didn’t mind the case because I find Sawyer intriguing, but figured the nice bar owner was the big bad boss. 

Is Sawyer the agent who was Knight's former partner on the night shift?

Yeah, the bar owner was pretty obvious.  I'll bet she's not even in AA.

I enjoyed the episode despite Valderama's wooden acting.  I wonder how some crappy actors keep getting good parts.

• Like 2

Will someone PLEASE tell these California folks that NO ONE in the DC area refers to highways as “the” road.  IOW it’s not “he was on the 95” or “there’s an accident on the 495”.   Rather, we say, “I was on 495,” or “there’s an accident on 95 South” or “there’s congestion on Route 1 South.”    Direction is really important when referring to one of the major highways in DC and is almost always used. We do say “the Dulles Toll Road” and, of course, “the outer loop of the beltway” (which refers to 495).  Never just “the” with a numbered road.

Saying “THE 405” is a CA thing, or at least a SoCal thing and makes the characters look clueless ( or like actors whose writers haven’t bothered to correct something for 2 decades).  Or should I say, “the 2 decades.”

I was SO bored by this ep.  The only thing I liked was the wordplay (Smart Alecks / Smart Alex) honoring Alex Trebek.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

Will someone PLEASE tell these California folks that NO ONE in the DC area refers to highways as “the” road.  I

Saying “THE 405” is a CA thing, or at least a SoCal thing

It's a Southern California thing.  In the north, we say 280 or 101, not the 280 or the 101.  That's how you can tell someone is from SoCal.  And yes, NCIS has never cared much about geographic accuracy, like when Parker kept driving back and forth to Philadelphia as if it were a suburb of D.C., instead of around 150 miles.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, buckboard said:

It's a Southern California thing.  In the north, we say 280 or 101, not the 280 or the 101.  That's how you can tell someone is from SoCal.  And yes, NCIS has never cared much about geographic accuracy, like when Parker kept driving back and forth to Philadelphia as if it were a suburb of D.C., instead of around 150 miles.

Yep, or when the team responds to an incident at Norfolk and roll up in a few minutes 😂 (I went to college for a year in Hampton, VA, which is across the Hampton Roads (waterway) from Norfolk, so maybe 20 miles closer to Washington DC.  At the end of the school year, my mother drove down to pick me up and we drove to stay with a cousin in DC to break up the trip before leaving the next day for our home in Brooklyn NY.  Took a few hours (I-64 to Richmond, then I-95 into DC)) But our heroes travel in NCIS time 😂

1 hour ago, Trey said:

I wondered why NCIS was even involved in this undercover op.  Doesn't the FBI have enough agents of their own.

IIRC, at least one of the shipments that was jacked was headed for a Navy facility, so I guess that was enough for NCIS involvement

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Props to everyone who called the friendly older lady barkeep as the Big Bad, I didn't! If I watched NCIS for the case's plot twist only, that woulda been sufficient.

I predict Torres will leave at the end of this season. He has been on NCIS since 2014, his bad lone wolf angst storylines have been recycled to death. Also, my sense is the actor wants to be the main star of his own show.

I also predict the 2nd half of the season now will be weighed down by more Torres recycled lashing out.

Torres: mouths off at NCIS coworkers/ Vance/ burly suspects

long-suffering Parker, again: what's gotten into you, Nick?

Torres: blahblah, uh man. blahblahblah, alright man.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, dogdays2 said:

Will someone PLEASE tell these California folks that NO ONE in the DC area refers to highways as “the” road.  IOW it’s not “he was on the 95” or “there’s an accident on the 495”.   Rather, we say, “I was on 495,” or “there’s an accident on 95 South” or “there’s congestion on Route 1 South.”    

I yelled this exact thing to my husband as I was watching the show, even down to the comment that this isn't California! 

• Like 1