Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E01: Week 1

JenE4
  • Start Topic

I've learned not to trust any of them.  The girls who all want to be IG influencers or the lead.

Once I learned that Zach has a famous uncle (Patrick Warburton),  my little antenna went up.   "Nice-guy Zach" made it all the way to almost the end with Rachel last season, but they had some strange disagreement, and poof....he's our new Bachelor. 

Mmmmm kkkk.  As others have said, he's about the blandest thing around, and I, too, have noticed the nostrils.

Nothing would surprise me more than to see Zach make it to the end with his "dream girl", but oh shoot, they don't end up down the aisle, but then he ends up on Dancing With The Stars, or getting small parts in sitcoms, or becomes one of these lifetime franchise favorites who is always there.  Takes over for Jesse when he decides to go back to ESPN, as one of the contestants said last night.

I just feel he's using this franchise as a springboard.  

As is the little blonde Mandrell relative.  Look how famous my (aunt?) is, here's my mountain tattoo, I'm a Mandrell, did I tell you already?  

BTW, Patrick Warburton is hysterical.  As Puddy in Seinfeld, or in Rules of Engagement (on Hulu).

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 1/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, Melonie77 said:

I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach

GROSS!  Why, after meeting each "competitor" come out of the limo, did Production make him turn his back to the camera and watch her walk away--butts on display.  It seems disrespectful and creepy.  We know another lady is coming out of a limo.  Can't he just appear to be waiting for her? And...later...if you watch Zach for several minutes--with the sound off, he comes off as smarmy. Watch those facial expressions. A little too cool for school.

I usually watch ONLY the first episode to see the girls come out of the party bus... uhhhh ...limo.  I want to decide which one or two are CRAZY.  Then a few weeks later, tune in to see if I was right.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:12 PM, Melonie77 said:

I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach

GROSS!  Why, after meeting each "competitor" come out of the limo, did Production make him turn his back to the camera and watch her walk away--butts on display.  It seems disrespectful and creepy.  We know another lady is coming out of a limo.  Can't he just appear to be waiting for her? And...later...if you watch Zach for several minutes--with the sound off, he comes off as smarmy. Watch those facial expressions. A little too cool for school.

I usually watch ONLY the first episode to see the girls come out of the party bus... uhhhh ...limo.  I want to decide which one or two are CRAZY.  Then a few weeks later, tune in to see if I was right.

Just wanted to point out that I did not write the comment you quoted and responded to above...I like Zach and think he's a nice guy. He'll be a more articulate lead than the last few bachelors and he's certainly better looking than the most recent 2.
The premiere episode really is entertaining with the limo arrivals and the big cull in the first rose ceremony. I agree it's fun to try to spot the looney ones - we had a contender last night in Madison but Zach was smart enough to send her home! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 1/23/2023 at 11:38 PM, Diana Berry said:

I like the sense of humor about his nose.  I didn’t fall asleep tonite so that’s an improvement 

Yeah, I don't think Zach is very stuck up at all...but I hope they don't keep mentioning his nostrils or I won't be able to avoid looking into them all season. I would take Zach's nostrils over Clayton's chin any day!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I noticed a few uggos.     They weren’t all beauty queens.  So much long wavy hair.  Either black or bleached blonde.   That one whose mother is a singer or actor with a horrible boob job didn’t have much to offer.  But she’s there for awhile.   

I think Zach sent home most of the less attractive ones. Reality Steve said they cut an unusually large number of women - I think 10. This will supposedly make it easier to feature every girl in a date over the next couple of weeks.

There was one girl I thought looked like she went to the same plastic surgeon as Kaitlyn Bristow. They look alike - but in a way that seems to reflect a surgeon's formula for an 'attractive' face. 
Did anyone else notice a Kaitlyn B. clone?

• Like 1

I think Madison may have stayed but her second interruption with the forced kiss did her in (and then the third time....wow, just wow).  So, her over eagerness exposed her.  I didn't think she was "too" much after her first interaction with Zach.  In the early episodes, one should "show" just enough to make it through the next rose ceremony.  I kind of liked the blonde who tried to comfort Madison, but she was eliminated so what do I know?  Zach actually seems to fit the bill of what the Bachelor was about in the early seasons-good job, good looking, nice, looking for a wife...but that may all fall by the wayside as the season goes on.  I'm hoping that I will still be interested in the season as it goes on as for the last several seasons I lost interest early on.

• Like 2

Oh, and just like every competitive reality show that I watch, what do these contestants mean when they say "I sacrificed everything to be here?"  Did they kill their pets and parents?  Burn down their homes?  Quit their jobs?  Tell all of their friends they would no longer be friends?  What do they mean?  Madison seemed especially overwhelmed with how much she "sacrificed."

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and just like every competitive reality show that I watch, what do these contestants mean when they say "I sacrificed everything to be here?"  Did they kill their pets and parents?  Burn down their homes?  Quit their jobs?  Tell all of their friends they would no longer be friends?  What do they mean?  Madison seemed especially overwhelmed with how much she "sacrificed."

And they all think they some how are more deserving than everyone else.  It doesn’t matter if you quit your job and robbed your granny to buy gowns for the show if there’s no attraction on Zach’s part. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 1/23/2023 at 10:17 PM, Melonie77 said:

But I never understand why there are always some contestants who complain that they did not get to speak to the lead. Why didn't they get up off the sofa and go pursue the opportunity to do so?

As I understand it, they don't actually just get up and walk over to him themselves; instead it is producer-led. 

On 1/23/2023 at 9:56 PM, Riplet68 said:

Already more is coming out about how Rachel treated him.  I think she totally blind sided him in the suite and was really a different person, just the things he said tonight confirms my feelings she's a wench.

I was really surprised that editing 'allowed' his comments to be aired.  And I'm sure that what he calmly and politely said was just the tip of the iceberg.

On 1/23/2023 at 9:30 PM, Riplet68 said:

First entrance girl is obviously uncomfortable/nervous. She gets sweet romantic music too. OH, 23, I understand the nerves now, shes YOUNG!  

During his sit-down talk with her he specifically said she hadn't looked nervous in her limo entrance, even though she was soo clearly nervous.  So either Zack is a bald-faced liar, or he was too nervous himself to notice!

On 1/24/2023 at 8:01 AM, alexa said:

I appreciated seeing Sean.  I didn't love Sean, especially after his show, but over the years have grown to appreciate him esp after seeing the newer seasons of the Bachelor.  

I'm not wild about how often he pops up...sort of Bachelor whore-ish.  And it was clear he and Zack didn't know each other, by the way they greeted each other.  But I did find it interesting that he said he didn't have an immediate OMG reaction to Catherine...I hadn't heard that before, and I also thought his advice about staying open to people who aren't his immediate front-runner was valuable.

• Like 4
On 1/24/2023 at 6:01 AM, alexa said:

I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach, and most of the gals are okay. 

Sorry, Melonie 77.   I finally found the original poster, alexa on Tuesday.

On 1/26/2023 at 5:44 PM, Melonie77 said:

Just wanted to point out that I did not write the comment you quoted and responded to above...I like Zach and think he's a nice guy. He'll be a more articulate lead than the last few bachelors and he's certainly better looking than the most recent 2.

Sorry, Melonie 77.   I finally found the original poster, alexa on Tuesday.

• Love 1

Late to this week and the new season in general so bullets instead of paragraphs

-Most if not all of these women are stick thin. Over the years we've heard stories of some extreme dieting prior to appearing on reality shows. Love Island UK is a good example of the cast slimming down for the leering slow-motion entry footage and early episodes, then lazing around and eating carbs all day for a couple of months with the corresponding changes in their physiques. However, it seems that these Bachelorettes' natural frames are very bird-like. There probably won't be any of the desperate bum-covering outfits, coats, sarongs etc. employed for a recent Bachelorette (ahem).

-Speaking of bone structure, facially they are a stunning lot. There weren't many 'OK but let's wait til the war paint comes off and the eyeglasses come out tomorrow' types.

-And three cheers for American dentistry.

-Whisper it: has the large, ugly tattoo craze run its course? There may be marks on wrists, ribs etc but sleeves and stamps seem to have fallen out of favor. Granted, we haven't seen anyone in a bathing suit (except the first person profiled) so the dreaded 'chandelier' between and below the bust may be lurking but we can only hope not. The chandelier tattoos are like the Kardashians or the Sussexes - nobody can recall asking for them and nobody wants to see them but there they are anyway. An odd dynamic.

Perhaps this is a beneficial side effect of Instagram ie women seeing themselves in photographs - and seeing public comment - has put them off acquiring loads of ink. On the other hand, this is hardly a random sample of the female population. These are Polly Purebred types who have finished school, obtained good jobs (in most cases) and, obviously, keen to marry & have children so drawing macro conclusions may be erroneous.

-I'm going to be 'true to myself' as they say on the show and include my annual if futile rant against the drowned-rat Clairol Herbal Essence center-parted hairstyle. Per the headshots 19 of the 30 have it with most of the rest slightly off-center. This hairdo refuses to go away or even to budge. Perhaps another effect of Instagram? Even a 1968 sorority in the throes of Marlo Thomas That Girl flip-curl zeitgeist didn't exhibit that sort of strict conformity.

s-l1600.jpg

(PS - blondie second from right, bottom row is a bit of all right, isn't she?)

-Zach is a bit too earnest and therefore a good (?) choice for the sort of weepy, sniffly tortured Hamlet type that the series has come to rely on. His voice has a strange sort of honking, nasal, adenoidal tone but is rather deep which signifies a high T level.

-They aren't even trying to hide the fact that this first night takes all night and then some, as the first batch of rejectees walk out into broad daylight. One of them commented that they had been sitting idle for three hours (!).

-It seems genetically impossible that a daughter of Barbara Mandrell and a niece of Louise & Irlene Mandrell would not have musical talent, even loads of it. Is it possible that she does but chose to be contrary or merely lazy? And why did they keep displaying her full name? Merely because of the celebrity connection?

-10 years for Sean & Catherine? Wild. Inspiring. And a bit depressing.

-The producers seem to be less cagey about identifying the women who go on dates and/or advance to later rounds ie fewer 'mystery' shots from behind or use of silhouettes.

-A kiss on the first night used to be a rare event that would bring the house down. Now Zach is eagerly and randomly latching on like a tick at a nudist colony.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Well whaddya know.  Didn't think I could stomach another season of this show but figured, eh, let it record.  Watched it this afternoon and--there's hope!  They even kept Sean Lowe to a minimum (with his shirt on).  Have watched since Season 2 and truly thought I was done.  We'll see!

• Like 1