Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E01: Week 1

JenE4
  • Start Topic

Yikes! This one with the winter gear looks like the mom of the one he just kissed, who made the PPT of reasons to move to Austen. They’re probably like 5 years apart but look like at least 30’years apart. Oh, grandma is coming back for more! She’s old and a multiple interruptor?! We have our first villain! She forced him to kiss her!

• Like 6
1 minute ago, b2H said:

What’s the story with the woman from Fargo, did he reject her to her face???

Nah…but when she pulled him in for a kiss, he gave her a quick peck and ran away.  She clearly isn’t a complete idiot and has realized that it didn’t go well. 

• Like 5

There's a woman who is someone I'm sure I've seen somewhere before but I can't place her. The closest I come to is The Amazing Race. I just see her briefly then they move on from her.

Ha, Jess is cute.

• Like 1

Charity, they had a good conversation (no "likes"), but their kiss wasn't that great.  First entrance girl is obviously uncomfortable/nervous. She gets sweet romantic music too. OH, 23, I understand the nerves now, shes YOUNG!  Greer?  I don't know, hated her into package, like how she isn't overly made up, she stills seems kind of fake

• Like 1

This crazy lady is asking to “disrupt” their conversation rather than “interrupt” it. Sounds about right. Way to get yourself kicked out first. I guess she found a way to stand out. Not sure this is a preferred way to make a name for yourself, but there you go. Where is she walking to?!? Oh, there’s a car. I thought she was just going to walk 3 miles in heels to the hotel or something.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Jess seems like an introvert- she's shy and conversation was a little awkward. I like her, but I think she will have a tough time. I'm assuming Christina M is there because of her famous family. She seems like a drama queen. And speaking of that, Madison. Whoa. She needs to chill. 

• Like 1

Already more is coming out about how Rachel treated him.  I think she totally blind sided him in the suite and was really a different person, just the things he said tonight confirms my feelings she's a wench.

Jess looked like she was going to puke, I can't see her being able to handle this emotionally. I like that Kimberly doesn't look like the rest, but is still pretty. He has some really beautiful women - that actually have brains - to choose from. Good job casting!

• Like 7

I love how Zach is not relying on the usual stale and repetitive Bachelor-Speak for his commentary. His 'speech' after the limo greetings was different and more sincere than the usual. I also liked how he handled Madison who apparently had one too many cocktails. I thought he was as kind and sensible as could be when he sent her home.

There are a lot of pretty girls this season! 
But I never understand why there are always some contestants who complain that they did not get to speak to the lead. Why didn't they get up off the sofa and go pursue the opportunity to do so?

Zach didn't seem like he had that much chemistry with the Mandrell girl but we all knew she was definitely not going home. She will probably make an interesting and fun addition to the show. I also figured Cat wasn't leaving thanks to producers who will want her for her "eccentric" personality.🤣

54 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I wish they would put the names up every time.  It is too soon to know who everyone is.  Except Madison.  Everyone will remember Madison. 

Yeah, they should all wear name-tags the first night!

• Like 7

Madison kept saying she gave up “everything” to be on this show as a reason she has to stay. Yeah, you and everybody else on this show. She has a lot of dresses to return she can put into her business, whatever that is. 

I like Charity, but she always looks like she is grimacing or is about to grimace. Meatball lady looks close to 40 and is the sloppiest woman there. I’m guessing production made him pick her. Either way, she is not going quietly. Jess looks like she’d be a great babysitter and actually looks like the girl I had when my kids were younger. I feel for her. She seem naive and a bit sheltered but I do like her. I hope Zach does too!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I like Zach and think he's a good Bachelor so far. The bar is low, but he's nice and straightforward and can laugh at himself (for the poster upthread who mentioned his nostrils, he did an interview the other day where he mentioned he has to be well groomed because they take up so much of his face 😂).

I like how he handled Madison even though he was clearly uncomfortable - he was kind but honest. He also seems to prefer some of the more natural looking and laid back girls compared to the wild, loud, party girl types. Could he actually be looking to find a wife? On this show?! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I like Zach and think he's a good Bachelor so far. The bar is low, but he's nice and straightforward and can laugh at himself (for the poster upthread who mentioned his nostrils, he did an interview the other day where he mentioned he has to be well groomed because they take up so much of his face 😂).

I like how he handled Madison even though he was clearly uncomfortable - he was kind but honest. He also seems to prefer some of the more natural looking and laid back girls compared to the wild, loud, party girl types. Could he actually be looking to find a wife? On this show?! 

I like the sense of humor about his nose.  I didn’t fall asleep tonite so that’s an improvement 

• Like 1

Bachelor:Nurse season is in full bloom.

Madison had to be a producer plant. She looked 40, no way she’s 26, and a lot of fake crying, with some kind of weirdly Jennifer Coolidge affect that I can’t pin down.

Wow. a guy who shut the door on some of the most fake looking blondes and instead chose mostly brunettes! Very refreshing.

• Like 8

Madison didn't seem to understand that she wasn't the only woman on the show. Asking him to pay attention to her needs just as the rose ceremony was about to start showed her lack of respect for everyone else. Why can't she just wait to see if she gets a rose?

I always wonder why they have the format, of women asking for time, interrupting each other, trying to get a turn, etc. Why can't they have a system where they all take turns?

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Zach seems like less of a pushover than I thought he would be. 

I respect him trying to ask for permission to kiss the women, while they're staring at his pants, commenting on how big things are in TX, and licking his ear. 

Where's the pig? He was adorable. 

Zach's lack of a poker face is going to be great. The sheer terror he had on his face with one of his first conversations with Madison truly made me lol.

Brianna and Katherine (I think) are stunning. I like Charity too.

Greer seems...meh. But she made a PPT! WOOO! 

I hope Madison is staying offline tonight, with good friends around her. Wowza. 

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyDog said:

I like Charity too.

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I like Charity, but she always looks like she is grimacing or is about to grimace.

Someone must have told Charity some time ago that her smile would be "cuter" if she'd wrinkle her nose.  She adopted that suggestion and now looks...completely wrong.   As Kiss My Mutt comments...it's now a grimace.

• Like 3

I was all about Jess based only on the pictures, but after seeing them in action.... If I had met Greer when I was closer to her age, I would have been inclined to follow her around like a puppy.

If you're going to name a baby girl after an NYC borough, Brooklyn is probably your best bet. But if she had called herself Bronx, I would have been at least intrigued. (Save the name Staten for a boy child you hope will eventually be a quarterback for the University of Georgia.)

I live in Vermont, not far from Gabi's hometown. (Nothing in Vermont is far from any other part TBH.)  Everyone watching in this state was hoping Gabi would walk out when Zach couldn't raw dog at least a couple of gulps of syrup.  Wish him good luck with his Log Cabin and Eggos and peace out.

And away we go!  Let's see if we can add some color to the blank canvas that is Zach.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by liking this initial episode of this season.  I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach, and most of the gals are okay.  It seems more like normal old Bachelor style at this point, but I am sure that will be ruined at some point during the season, lol.  I appreciated seeing Sean.  I didn't love Sean, especially after his show, but over the years have grown to appreciate him esp after seeing the newer seasons of the Bachelor.  So if Zach can have a somewhat normal season like Sean, that would be nice. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I always wonder why they have the format, of women asking for time, interrupting each other, trying to get a turn, etc. Why can't they have a system where they all take turns?

Where would the drama be in that ? 
they do that for a reason 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

It would be refreshing for a lead to make sure she/he talks to everyone.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by liking this initial episode of this season.  I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach, and most of the gals are okay.  It seems more like normal old Bachelor style at this point, but I am sure that will be ruined at some point during the season, lol.  I appreciated seeing Sean.  I didn't love Sean, especially after his show, but over the years have grown to appreciate him esp after seeing the newer seasons of the Bachelor.  So if Zach can have a somewhat normal season like Sean, that would be nice. 

I too would like a more normal season with a bachelor who appears to take the process seriously. Some drama thrown in is always fun too as long as it doesn't completely drown out the rest of the story - like Rachel and Gabby's turn in the spotlight.

I just hope they don't saddle Zach with any awful dates like making human tacos or sniffing armpits.🙃

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

There is no way she is 26 - she looks mid 30s

You are easier on her than most.

3 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I wasn't really into Zach but so far I like his approach

If you watch Zach for several minutes--with the sound off, he comes off as smarmy. Watch those facial expressions. I usually watch ONLY the first episode to see the girls come out of the party bus...uhhhh...limo.  I want to decide which one or two are CRAZY.  Then a few weeks later, tune in to see if I was right.

• Like 1

I never thought Sean Lowe was attractive, but now that he's a little older and less brawny, he's starting to grow on me.

Zach is still very bland to me, but as long as he stays classy, I don't mind. It's usually the women who bring the drama anyway.

When Greer was sitting down facing the camera during her conversation with Zach, her crotch was almost exposed and I was surprised it wasn't black-barred. I think her revealing attire is what got her the FIR, not the cringy story about the PPT presentation.

There's no way in hell Madison is 26. She's at least 40 and looks like she belongs on Real Housewives, with the fake boobs and lip filler.

• Like 4
On 1/23/2023 at 9:00 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Jess looks so young. She looks so fresh faced with little makeup. They’ve definitely toned it down which looks great. They are all so pretty this season. I don’t think these girls would give him a second look irl, but put him on tv…

Holland’s intro was gross, saying he was in the wrong Hollands on Bachelorette. The Mandrell girl is making me cringe with the full on mouth kissing, pouring champagne down Zach’s mouth, etc. knowing she has a little girl back home. I think quite a few of them pregamed too hard before intros. 

Which one is Jess?  

I noticed a few uggos.     They weren’t all beauty queens.  So much long wavy hair.  Either black or bleached blonde.   That one whose mother is a singer or actor with a horrible boob job didn’t have much to offer.  But she’s there for awhile.   

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I never thought Sean Lowe was attractive, but now that he's a little older and less brawny, he's starting to grow on me.

Zach is still very bland to me, but as long as he stays classy, I don't mind. It's usually the women who bring the drama anyway.

When Greer was sitting down facing the camera during her conversation with Zach, her crotch was almost exposed and I was surprised it wasn't black-barred. I think her revealing attire is what got her the FIR, not the cringy story about the PPT presentation.

There's no way in hell Madison is 26. She's at least 40 and looks like she belongs on Real Housewives, with the fake boobs and lip filler.

I still don’t find Sean attractive, but his sincerity in wanting to actually find a wife….I’ve come to appreciate him.  And I thought he gave Zach good advice….don’t get hung up on what you think you want or who catches your eye first b get to know them.    Zach may be a bit bland, but the women bring more than enough drama.   He just needs to not get drawn in.  

And I liked how he tried to be a good sport with Madison, but when she finally crossed the line he didn’t hesitate to, kindly, send her home.  

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Which one is Jess?  

I noticed a few uggos.     They weren’t all beauty queens.  So much long wavy hair.  Either black or bleached blonde.   That one whose mother is a singer or actor with a horrible boob job didn’t have much to offer.  But she’s there for awhile.   

I agree.  I think there are some very beautiful women but also some of the least attractive I've ever seen.   Although I would prefer less attractiveness and more normal anyday.  And I agree too many hair extensions.  GIrls should learn that if they keep their normal shoulder length hair they are more likely to stand out. How can he tell one of these long blonde haired girls from another?  The two nurses they showed in the introduction videos looked like twins.  I would also pick a shorter dress or a unique style (I think one girl had on pants) so that he would at least remember who you are.   

Wonder if they are having trouble casting although it seems like all these young "influencers" would all love to be part of "Bachelor Nation".  

Zach seems boring and the way he speaks just reminds me of a rich country-club douchey kind of guy.  But maybe he will prove me wrong.  

Edited by Katie111
  • Like 2

Zach seems kind but rather lacking in confidence - hope he “mans up” a bit asap.  

Who was the blonde who consoled Madison when she first broke down in tears (fully deserved outcome, sad to say?)

Edited by flummoxd
Typo
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Which one is Jess?  

Jess was the first out of the limo. Lots of body glitter and greasy-looking hair.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, I like her. She’s got a personality and a good sense of humor. That trash can comment was brilliant!

I like Kaity too and think she’s really pretty. 

Whoever commented on Zach’s nostrils read my mind. It was the first thing I noticed about him last season. The women keep saying he’s tall and I noticed he and Jesse Palmer are about the same height, so maybe in person the nostrils aren’t as apparent. 

Was Madison’s meltdown because she was drunk or just a hot mess? It was clear Zach was not into her. I think he wants to be the pursuer as is the case with many of the Bachelors. Agree she looks much older than 26.

I fast-forwarded through the limo scenes. It’s always been my least favorite part of the first episode, so stagy and awkward. I’d rather watch the drama at the cocktail party, which is also awkward and stagy but more entertaining to me. 

Didn’t understand or like the meatball scene. Yuck! Not the impression I’d want to make on a new guy but that’s just me. 

• Like 3