Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Take the Long Weigh Home

• Start Topic

Ashely is anxious about her Dr. Procter appointment, and Vannessa tries to get Jacob's weight loss on track. Tina and the gang move back into their home, and Meghan focuses on getting wedding dress ready after announcing that she's getting married!

Original air date 2023.01.25

• Like 1

This episode is boggling my mind!  The living situation is strange.  How was Tina able to convince her husband to let Meghan and her boyfriend move in?  Tina's husband seems pissed with the situation.

• Like 6

I came later to this show later. Why are Meghan and Jon living with (off?) Tina and Johnnie? Does Jon work? Or Meghan? Thanks in advance. Couldn't they use the wedding money (or the money from Meghan's apparent hoarding problem) for an apartment?

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

The obvious solution to Megan constantly intruding into the privacy of Tina's bedroom to use the bathroom is to buy or rent a portable bedside commode. She can wash her hands in the kitchen sink.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Why did Meghan have to burst into the bathroom while Tina was in there using the toilet? They’re in a hotel - surely there’s a restroom in the lobby/check-in area she could go to. Then peeing in the tub, while Tina was there? And I didn’t see her cleaning up the tub afterwards, or even running the shower to rinse it. Then the capper was Meghan leaving the bathroom and having to be reminded by Tina to close the door behind her! That whole sequence was just awful - embarrassing for Tina and a disgraceful scene for Meghan.

Maybe Tina is a better person than I am, but that episode would be the end of the room sharing/house sharing agreement for me. If you can’t respect my privacy on the toilet or clean up after a stunt like that, you’re not going to be in my house. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, MsVixen said:

This episode is boggling my mind!  The living situation is strange.  How was Tina able to convince her husband to let Meghan and her boyfriend move in?  Tina's husband seems pissed with the situation.

I could see Tina’s husband being okay with Jon and Megan moving in the basement temporarily, so that Megan could be close to Dr Proctor to have bariatric surgery (I don’t recall her living there during Too Large). However Megan and Jon overstayed their welcome.

I had a friend living with me for 10months in 2018(she teaches ESL abroad and she was in between jobs. The original plan was 2 months, by Month 5 I was getting petty about the amount of TP she used). So I get helping out a friend and that friend overstayed their welcome. We are still friends by the way, but I told her this wasn’t happening again and if she needed to stay with me more than 60 days she was going to have to financially contribute. 

As soon as Megan’s health was stable, she and Jon should’ve started looking for their own place. At the very least when the house flooded they could’ve gotten their own hotel room or rented an Airbnb. Tina’s husband was at his wits end!!! And I can’t blame him. 

I did enjoy seeing Vanessa interact with her son. He seemed somewhat somber about his diabetes diagnosis- he is young and they have caught it, it can be managed! He will be okay if he stays on top of it. 

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley- I feel for her I do. But Dr Proctor was right, her mind is not in this. She’s already had the gastric sleeve, he asked her to lose 30lbs, she lost 15 and that’s great, but she has to show him she is going to stick to her calorie plan. The look on her face “how am I going to lose the weight if I don’t get the surgery?” Ashley that’s the thing, the surgery isn’t a guarantee of weight loss which you KNOW because you’ve been there!! The surgery is a tool (one of many) and you have to commit to doing the hard mental and emotional work along with it in order to be successful. She hasn’t shown me she can do that. 

• Like 11
14 hours ago, Kenzie said:

The obvious solution to Megan constantly intruding into the privacy of Tina's bedroom to use the bathroom is to buy or rent a portable bedside commode. She can wash her hands in the kitchen sink.

Maybe she needs a catheter.  Maybe that would motivate her.  Meghan has the weight problem, the hoarding problem, and appears to make poor choices about romantic partners.  He won’t get up for work if she doesn’t make him?  Hell to the no.  

6 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

That whole sequence was just awful - embarrassing for Tina and a disgraceful scene for Meghan.

Not to mention the whole discussion of the floater and the devil child who won’t flush.   

6 hours ago, Kid said:

So, Meghan is a hoarder as well.  The woman has NO boundaries.  Tina needs to dump her ass.

You know it’s crap like unicorn figurines and dream catchers and dolls.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

she lost 15 and that’s great

Over 8 months so like 2 pounds per month.

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The look on her face “how am I going to lose the weight if I don’t get the surgery?”

She makes the choice to buy sheet cakes and other crap.  If it isn’t around the house you can’t eat it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The bathroom scene with Tina on the toilet and Meghan peeing in the bathtub is about the end of the line for me.  Pee pads on the floor?  And not only did Meghan not rinse out the tub, but I didn't see Tina handing her any toilet paper, either.  Between the gross bathroom behaviors, the lazy boyfriends, the whining about losing weight and the bleeping of every other word, this show is not inspiring, funny, entertaining or informative.  When someone loses their job and then contemplates staying at a resort to get their head straight, they no longer deserve my support or my pity.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Ashely being laid off will be a hindrance to her weight loss.  I don't know if she'll have access to insurance while she's looking for another job.  COBRA is not cheap as I found out.

As some of you have stated, Tina is a much better person than we are.  Meghan would have been out of there the first time she interrupted me in the bathroom.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Any idea which hotel housed the Clampetts and Bodines?

I want to make sure I NEVER stay there. 

And some poor housekeeping worker had to go in that room after those mutts camped out for weeks and left a mess. 

I’d bet the farm they didn’t leave any tip either. Disgusting. 

9 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

Why did Meghan have to burst into the bathroom while Tina was in there using the toilet? They’re in a hotel - surely there’s a restroom in the lobby/check-in area she could go to. Then peeing in the tub, while Tina was there? And I didn’t see her cleaning up the tub afterwards, or even running the shower to rinse it. Then the capper was Meghan leaving the bathroom and having to be reminded by Tina to close the door behind her! That whole sequence was just awful - embarrassing for Tina and a disgraceful scene for Meghan.

Maybe Tina is a better person than I am, but that episode would be the end of the room sharing/house sharing agreement for me. If you can’t respect my privacy on the toilet or clean up after a stunt like that, you’re not going to be in my house. 

For some reason Meghan thinks her antics are cute.  She's quite the attention whore. I wonder if she lost a home because of hoarding and thats why she moved in with Tina and her husband.  And Tina is a damn fool for seemingly choosing Meghan over her husband.  He even said if they don't move out then he will.  Get a clue girl!

I'm so frustrated with Ashley.  It irritates me when they get to their weigh-in and act all surprised when they haven't hit their goal.  FOLLOW THE DIET!!!  It just might help you to have a better outcome.  It's as simple as that!  

Edited by swankie
Name correction.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Over 8 months so like 2 pounds per month.

She makes the choice to buy sheet cakes and other crap.  If it isn’t around the house you can’t eat it.

Yup. And I bet you it wasn’t  2lbs per month for several months in a row.
Likely Ashley didn’t follow her calorie plan the entire time, and then a few weeks before seeing Dr Proctor dropped the weight.

Ashley knows all this. She knows what she needs to be doing, it’s not a knowing problem it’s a doing problem. 

• Like 7

I really hate to hear how much people seem to think that Surgery is the answer!  I used to think that it was a permanent solution to being overweight.  If the person isn't changing their mindset, it can be a waste of time and an invasive surgery that was foolishly done.  Even getting a second one can be a waste of a Doctor's time!  Yeah, I'm talking about You, CARNIE WILSON!!!!

But hey, it's okay because now a person can say it's because they are Addicted to Food....

• Like 5

I'm getting the feeling this whole wedding thing is Meghan's way of all eyes being on her.  And for her to say Vanessa is jealous of her is laughable.  Meghan, child, what have you got that would make Vanessa jealous of you?  John?  A man who can't even put a roof over your head?  Your weight loss?  Vanessa not only lost more weight than you, she now weighs less than you and is still losing, so her weight loss journey is so far more successful than yours.  And she's a mother and has her own place and isn't squatting in her friend's home.  I can't think of one blessed thing that would make her jealous of you.  Get over yourself whiny ass.  Like I said, I think Meghan was seeing how much attention Vanessa was getting so she decided to do this wedding to get it off of Vanessa and onto her attention grabbing ass.  Whether it's a tantrum or a wedding, all eyes must be on Meghan.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I did enjoy seeing Vanessa interact with her son. He seemed somewhat somber about his diabetes diagnosis- he is young and they have caught it, it can be managed! He will be okay if he stays on top of it. 

At first he was like his weight wasn't a big deal because he saw his mother overweight. He realized that is was a big deal to have diabetes. That can be deadly.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, nokat said:

At first he was like his weight wasn't a big deal because he saw his mother overweight. He realized that is was a big deal to have diabetes. That can be deadly.

Yes, and it's best that he makes changes now. I was somewhat surprised to see he was not very heavy as a child, he played sports and was active. So likely the excess weight came on in the last 5-6yrs. (he is 19, now) I wonder if he went through a depressive episode in early adolescence and used food to cope. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes, and it's best that he makes changes now. I was somewhat surprised to see he was not very heavy as a child, he played sports and was active. So likely the excess weight came on in the last 5-6yrs. (he is 19, now) I wonder if he went through a depressive episode in early adolescence and used food to cope. 

On Too Large Vannessa was essentially bedridden and he was performing a lot of caretaker functions.  That would depress any teen.  Plus he probably couldn’t get outside much because he had to be available whenever she needed him.  I wonder if he was homeschooled.  I don’t remember the sister living with them at that time but it’s been a while and maybe they just chose not to show her.

Regarding the pee pads at the hotel, I think pre-surgery Meghan used to have them on the floor by her bed so that she didn’t have to walk to the bathroom.  Maybe those were leftovers but if so why did she bring them to the hotel?  Maybe she still uses them out of laziness.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

I really really want to see the episode where Meghan is kicked out of Tina's house.  Soon!!!

I think that Tina is being very unfair to her husband.

• Like 12
33 minutes ago, Kid said:

I think that Tina is being very unfair to her husband.

A thousand agreements with this. 

And Tina’s husband is one of the worlds greatest actors or he really is pissed off with Meghan and Jon living there.

I’m suspecting the latter. 

54 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

And Tina’s husband is one of the worlds greatest actors or he really is pissed off with Meghan and Jon living there.

They must have married very young if they are already at 20 years.  They don’t look over 40.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

On Too Large Vannessa was essentially bedridden and he was performing a lot of caretaker functions.  That would depress any teen.  Plus he probably couldn’t get outside much because he had to be available whenever she needed him.  I wonder if he was homeschooled.  I don’t remember the sister living with them at that time but it’s been a while and maybe they just chose not to show her.

Regarding the pee pads at the hotel, I think pre-surgery Meghan used to have them on the floor by her bed so that she didn’t have to walk to the bathroom.  Maybe those were leftovers but if so why did she bring them to the hotel?  Maybe she still uses them out of laziness.

Good point about the son being Vannessa's caretaker.   But the doctor also said that at 13 Jacob was told he was prediabetic, and I'm guessing nothing was tried at the time to intervene.    

• Like 4
1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

Yes Tina's husband was PISSED. I don't think he is that good of an actor. That is likely not the first conversation he tried to have with his wife about Megan/John's freeloading, but the stress of the burst pipe probably pushed him over the edge which is understandable.

23 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

They must have married very young if they are already at 20 years.  They don’t look over 40.

I think they are in their early 40s, 42/43. 

• Like 2
On 1/26/2023 at 11:51 AM, Kid said:

So, Meghan is a hoarder as well.  The woman has NO boundaries.  Tina needs to dump her ass.

I cannot imagine being anything but spotless when staying with friends.  Rent a storage unit!   Tina is shameless.  Not embarrassed at all in being a leacher and invading the families space.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
39 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

I cannot imagine being anything but spotless when staying with friends.  Rent a storage unit!   Tina is shameless.  Not embarrassed at all in being a leacher and invading the families space.  

She has no social radar.  If I barged into Tina’s bedroom to use the bathroom and Tina’s husband had that icy stare I’d apologize and back away. 

Not Meghan. She is so self centered she’s oblivious to anyone else’s feelings or concerns. 

My husband wouldn’t have to tell me to kick her out, I would have booted her sorry ass out months ago. 

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also maybe the diabetes can be controlled by diet while he is young. Losing weight now. I think it gets more difficult as you get older.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

I'm still trying to figure out how Meghan & John are gonna PAY FOR A WEDDING if they can't even pay for their own HOTEL ROOM!!!

WTF?

Maybe a backyard ceremony at Tina’s with Tina providing the food and drink lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 1/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Didn't Vanessa say on Too Large that her man died of cancer?  I don't know if he was her son's dad, but if he was an important person in her son's life, his death could have caused him to go through some depression.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, swankie said:

Didn't Vanessa say on Too Large that her man died of cancer?  I don't know if he was her son's dad, but if he was an important person in her son's life, his death could have caused him to go through some depression.

Yes she did. The time line does work out. I’m pretty sure that man was her second son’s bio father*, so likely he raised Jacob even if he wasn’t his bio Dad. Poor kids. That’s so young to lose a parent. 

*I'm glad Vanessa’s younger son is being kept off camera. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1