Type keyword(s) to search

Wildcat

bilgistic
  • Start Topic

(edited)

While it's white savior-y, this documentary absolutely destroyed me. Harry, the former soldier helping to raise the (ridiculously cute) abandoned ocelots, has severe untreated depression and combat-related PTSD. He finds a salvation of sorts in his feline companions.

To say I related to him is an understatement. My cats have been a refuge from my crippling depression throughout my adult life. Knowing I had to take care of them kept me alive many times.

I desperately wanted Harry to get psychiatric treatment (medication, please!) when he left the jungle, but it didn't seem that he did.

Samantha and Harry were so codependent. It pained me to watch them together. She enabled him, and he took his pain out on her. They're much better apart.

I really loved Harry's relationship with his family. They all seemed to love each other so much, even if they didn't seem to have the tools or resources to help Harry. I wish I felt better about his future. He needs comprehensive psychiatric help.

Edited by bilgistic