Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Supersized Snatch Game

• Start Topic

Ah, the inevitable Sugar vs. Spice showdown.  They were dreadful in Snatch Game, but Spice’s Miley Cyrus has to have been one of the worst ever celebrity impersonations.

Loosey LaDuca and Marcia Marcia Marcia completely disappeared into Joan Rivers and Tim Gunn.  Very impressive!

This episode was far too rushed.  Snatch Game with soooooo many queens left, no judge’s deliberations again…it’s ridiculous how rushed this all is.

Untucked making me really feel for Sugar and Spice…

• Like 8

Calix is so adorable, I wish we got him for both segments! Ditto for Tim Gunn and Rosie Odonell who should have gone on to the next round given that they won the first snatch; the next batch was alot worse.  I resent the amount of religous b.s. that made it into both halves of this micru-sized snatch game, and we didn't even get Ru telling people to change their characters in the work-room.  The makeup backstories are now an institution.  The runway wasn't too inspiring, lots of bargain-bin zombie costumes and basic black gowns.  I preferred Marcia's snatch, but clearly Loosey's runway was the best of the top 3 so it can't be helped.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 2

I need for there to be no more male characters on Snatch Game. Joan Rivers was remarkable, but this season is feeling terribly rushed. Too many people for a one hour show, essential things like judge deliberations and Ru in the workroom getting cut, etc. The only thing I can think is that "extended" versions will eventually be available on some paid platform, because this is terrible. I still don't have a favorite.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
16 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

Loosey LaDuca and Marcia Marcia Marcia completely disappeared into Joan Rivers and Tim Gunn.  Very impressive!

Maybe the abbreviated format is at fault, but I'm becoming aggravated by the judges' continuing dismissal of Marcia's obvious skillset. She's excelled at all of the challenges, and sure, her runways tend not to be at the top, but when have the runways really mattered in recent seasons? I smell a stunt.

• Like 6

I went through a phase of watching as many Joan Rivers’s clips on YouTube as I could a few months back and that was an absolutely dead-on impression.  

Miley could’ve been a great impression, she borders on self-parody like half the time, but that was a really poor execution.

I continue to loathe all these kids thinking that being a YouTube “Personality” or reality star equals having an actual personality but I thought Tan Mom was an example of that being executed well. 

Here mainly to praise my man and the hottest member of the pit crew— that wasn’t just a gag at Bryce’s expense, he is an an actual literal Rocket Scientist.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6

Loosey and Marcia were great. Mistress was funny some of the time, but not remotely either of the people she claimed to be. Everyone else bombed entirely. The idea to do Snatch Game earlier failed. If they'd done it with 6 (or 8) it'd probably have been more like the usual 2 clear front runners (in this case with one very obvious winner), 2 funny but not amazing, and 2 really terrible. It would've been more palatable.

I was off on Loosey after the extremely bad live-singing but between her said-it-was-good-and-it-actually-was Dolly and Joan, I like her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1

Unpopular opinion: I am loving the hour format.  I haven't FFed yet this season.  I haven't watched Untucked either.  I have no desire to spend any more time on 75% of these queens.

This season's snatch game was infinitely better than last season's shitshow thanks to masterful work by Loocey and Marcia.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Good Lord, Bruno is a beautiful man. I heart ALL the Pit Crew but damn, Bruno. Damn. I'm so glad the contestants this season was the Crew, it was about damn time they participated in SG. 

I agree with many of the comments above especially re: the complete commission of Ru talking with the queens as they prepared for the SG that is part of show history. It was missed by me especially when Ru talks a queen out of that queen's first choice for Snatch Game, she could've talked certain queens out of their horrific choices (the twins, Aura). 

Amandala is darling! 

• Like 8

I'm in agreement with Loosey and Marcia being the Snatch Game standouts, with Mistress doing well, also.  I think the bottom three definitely earned their spot.  I'm surprised the inevitable Twin vs Twin lip-synch happened so early, but I think Aura's runway look saved her.  Half of the runway looks appeared to be purchased at Party City.  The other half did an amazing job.  I love that they consider the runway in the deliberation (which we don't get to see this year).  The queens spend most of their time and money honing those looks and that runway moment, so it shouldn't be discounted.  

• Like 1

The twins should have played The Olsens. Sugar could have been the cute Full House version of Ashley, and Spice could have been an adult Mary Kate, with chiseled cheeks completely covered up in all black with big sunglasses, sitting in front of a full ashtray. 

• Like 8

They don't seem to have enough grasp on comedy or timing to have either thought of that, or pulled it off if they had thought of it.

This is my advice-they'll-never-see to queens who want to go on the show, but aren't good at impressions and are worried about fucking up snatch game: pick someone who has been impersonated on SNL by at least two performers. Youtube the crap out of all sketches with those impressions. Study them. I am not suggesting stealing other people's jokes, but if you don't understand how to find the hook of someone to make an impression immediately recognizeable but exaggerated for comedic effect, that is your how-to guide. If you don't sew, take sewing lessons. If you don't do impressions, study someone who does. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

The twins should have played The Olsens. Sugar could have been the cute Full House version of Ashley, and Spice could have been an adult Mary Kate, with chiseled cheeks completely covered up in all black with big sunglasses, sitting in front of a full ashtray. 

This is brilliant. Too bad they don’t seem like they have the depth to go there. Sugar and Spice are exhausting. I’m surprised they lip synced against each other so soon but they both bombed so spectacularly I’m not surprised. 

I haven’t bothered with Untucked yet and it was preempted by The Real Friends of WeHo, but with the twins at the bottom and Spice looking like she’s melting down in the next episode, it sounds like I should see if Paramount+ has it. 

Edited by Sbeetle
Extraneous parentheses

I really don't understand how the casting folks allow all these boring drag queens to make it through.

For all of the twins' annoying ways, at least they have personalities suited for Drag Race (bombastic, a little brash). Aura's personality, on the other hand, ends when she's done flexing her biceps. By the very nature of its existence, drag is NOT boring. 

No favorites emerged from Snatch Game. I dig Amethyst's sense of humor but she needs to be better with the execution. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Sbeetle said:

I haven’t bothered with Untucked yet and it was preempted by The Real Friends of WeHo, but with the twins at the bottom and Spice looking like she’s melting down in the next episode, it sounds like I should see if Paramount+ has it. 

I think this season, particularly, with the shortened episodes, if you don't watch Untucked you're only getting half of the story. 😉. It was a good episode and there was a lot going on with Sugar and Spice being on the bottom. I record it, since it doesn't come on directly after Drag Race these days.

• Like 4

At least this years Snatch Game wasn't a total write-off like Season 14. Frontrunners have emerged (Loosey, Mistress, Anetra, Sasha). With seasons 13 and 14 it was hard to predict a Top 4 by this stage (maybe that's a good thing? at least there's no obvious winner yet) - IMHO S13 only had Symone and S14 had Willow (after Kornbread dropped out) as certainties for the finale. Let's see if there will be any upsets to this. For me Marcia is a contender - will she rise to the challenge like Crystal Methyd or be perpetually overlooked?

IMO next on the chopping block are Robin, Dax and Aura Mayari (saved by her runway). Speaking of runways ,  it has been mostly underwhelming this year- I guess the editorial emphasis has been on personality after having too many lewk queens the last couple of seasons.

I don't mind the episode length too much - there's far too much other stuff to watch (as someone that plans to watch all the franchises). But yes  a couple minutes of werq room walkthrough and deliberations by Ru would add some tension to the episode which was lacking.  Kudos to the producers for not dragging the twins drama across the entire season as I expected them to.

Hope you all are watching Bianca on the Pit Stop <'cos if you're not watching the Pit Stop you're only getting half the story :P> top notch co-stars so far - Jinkx and Dela; Scarlet Envy and this week Adore Delano.

Edited by Wonderlad71
  • Like 3
On 1/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Mahfouz said:

Aura's personality, on the other hand, ends when she's done flexing her biceps. By the very nature of its existence, drag is NOT boring. 

Agreed.  And her overacting on the runway took away from her amazing dress.  I think it would have been more impactful if she turned around and shrugged, like "oops, my spine's showing!" rather than bad fake crying.

I was convinced it would be Aura in the bottom with one of the twins, so the safe twin could babble on about "what'll I do without her?", Aura being clocked in the lip sync and the winning twin saying "Ru has my attention now, I will NEVER be in the bottom again!" trope.

• Like 1

So I just watched all the snatch games. The twins confuse me, they mention and unsupportive family get their YouTube channel has them dragging up their straight brother a year ago and showing both their parents who didn’t seem put off by it. Said brother has also gone out with them in drag???

in other news - 😴 of a snatch game.