Type keyword(s) to search

Hello Tomorrow! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Fn2MUEJXEAArF_E?format=jpg&name=large
Hello Tomorrow! is a ten half-hour episode  dramedy TV series with the first three episodes streaming on February 17, 2023 on Apple TV+.      

Set in a retro-future world, “Hello Tomorrow!” centers around a group of traveling salesmen hawking lunar timeshares. Billy Crudup stars as Jack, a salesman of great talent and ambition, whose unshakeable faith in a brighter tomorrow inspires his coworkers, revitalizes his desperate customers, but threatens to leave him dangerously lost in the very dream that sustains him.
FnuO9y8acAAV3M-?format=jpg&name=large
Billy Crudup as Jack Billings, a smart and driven lunar timeshare salesman at Brightside Lunar Residences, who fervently hopes for a better, brighter, technologically advanced tomorrow.
Fn54wj2XEA8Lgeq?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Jacki Weaver as Barbara Billings
Haneefah Wood as Shirley Stedman
Nicholas Podany as Joey Shorter
Dewshane Williams as Herb Porter
Hank Azaria as Eddie Sharples
Fn54uRjXgAAQyaD?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Alison Pill as Myrtle Mayburn, an unhappy customer
Fn54sXEXgAEvJWH?format=jpg&name=4096x409
FnaOgv1aYAEdTQC?format=jpg&name=large
Matthew Maher as Lester Costopolous
FnaO0O9aMAUY3ij?format=jpg&name=large

Hello Tomorrow!         February 17, 2023      Apple TV+

Episodes 1-3     Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Your Brighter Tomorrow, Today
Take it from Jack Billings: The life you’ve always wanted is just one great deal away.

S01.E02: Great Salesmen Make Their Own Turf
Believe it or not, 99% of sales are decided on first impressions. So look sharp, know your stuff, and don’t let the pressure get to you.

S01.E03: A Traveling Salesman Travels
hello+tomorrow+videophone.png

Funny how doing what’s best for those we love sometimes means saying goodbye to them.

I didn't hate it, but it does have some major flaws. It was pretty obvious from the get-go that the lunar real estate is a scam, but not even Shirley, who seems to be otherwise very smart, has caught on to it.

The "retro-futuristic world" is interesting, but it's weird how some technologies are super advanced (levitating and self-driving vehicles, robots) and others not at all (no cell phones or LCD screens).

I also don't buy that Joey is completely oblivious that Jack is his father. He must have come across an old picture of Jack at some point, and also some kind of paperwork - his own birth certificate, parents' marriage license, title of the house - so he would have at least known what his father's name is (unless Jack changed it after he left). Plus, Jack's mother seems to have lived in the same town the entire time, and seemed eager to have a relationship with her grandson, so she would have been in Joey's life in some capacity.

Edited by chocolatine
41 minutes ago, aghst said:

Not much discussion of this one.

Seems to be overshadowed by Shrinking and soon Ted Lasso, not to mention shows on other streamers.

Watched the first 2 episodes and wasn't impressed, might give it another go if there's nothing else to watch.

Alison Pill is doing absolutely nothing for me in this. I'm losing interest overall because most of the characters are too stupid to live. I swear Billy Crudup is playing the same character that he does on "The Morning Show".

I love Shirley, but the fact that she's not connecting the dots is painful.

S01.E09: Certain Forces Once Unleashed
5Y7RJN8XkOq2P7zsSE2chZODrEd.jpg
One's product can take on a life of its own with the right pitch, crowd and moment; then one should just buckle up and enjoy the ride and profits.

Premiere Date: March 30, 2023

• Like 1

S01.E10: What Could Be Better?
(Season Finale)

Hello_Tomorrow_Episode_10.thumb.jpg.6b7f2e7050337730609c0d741af6b742.jpg
Season finale. You can't give your customers everything, but you can make them believe that what you're giving them is all they'll ever need.

Premiere Date: April 6, 2023

• Like 1
(edited)

I’ve watched 2 eps. It’s bizarre that the one woman was crushed by the delivery truck and it doesn’t amount to anything beyond having to fix the garage door. I never watched Mad Men, which this kind of reminds of in overall theme, so I don’t know how much Mad Men focused on charlatans. That’s not a winning hook for me. Aside from the look and feel and set design, nothing really is appealing so far. 

Edited by Ottis