Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Thank You

Yeah, no.  That conversation was with Eric and he was all 'She's drawn to us Eric...'  Now maybe she was drawn to Bill specifically, but that sort of proves my point.  He was incompetent yet again and gave his life for it this time.

I think it was both- she is drawn to vampires, yes... but she specifically was in love with Bill for the whole fricken show, even when she hated him... so he was right that he himself being around was a problem since he didn't think he could give her the kind of life she deserves. 

And clearly, once he was dead, Sookie's vampire deal wasn't a problem anymore- since she found a nice bearded human to make babies with...

I still hate Bill's idea that he had to die, and that the writers decided to follow through with his death when they had a million other ways they could have twisted it... but I understand why Bill thought it was the right thing for Sookie.

• Love 2

Why would it take a year to come up with New Blood? And wouldn't the Hep-v vamps be long dead by then? So their market is...vamps who got it from an ever-dwindling number of human carriers?

Yeah I'm overthinking this. Really I shouldn't care. And don't, much.

ps Eric: Sarah's face on your product, really? The *reason* Hep-v is widespread? Kind of a turnoff for your buyers.

• Love 3

ps Eric: Sarah's face on your product, really? The *reason* Hep-v is widespread? Kind of a turnoff for your buyers.

And if they're going to lie, why not say they killed her? Wouldn't that story be better for marketing than saying, "We were too incompetent to catch a human ourselves, so the woman who helped cause all this misery has escaped justice?"

• Love 1

Bill died a selfish SOB. How is making Sookie kill you doing her a favour, you jerk? Just go out in the sun or wait your disease out. Don't guilt her into doing it for you. 

Yes! He could have gotten down in the grave and waited for sunrise to do the job. Instead, he makes Sookie stake him and get covered in Bill-goo, and then have to climb out of the grave and walk home covered in goo. Nice. About three minutes in I was shouting in my head, "So kill him already!" But it just kept going and going and going…

• Love 7

That... was... I don't know.  Eric jamming out while diving a bunch a dead Yakuzas in the back seat was funny.  Is it weird that, despite being covered with blood, I have never thought AS looked more like his father than as that scene?  There was something about what he was doing with his face.

I barely remember what happened.  I spent the whole episode hoping Bill would splat at inappropriate moments (Hugging Jess, hand shaking Andy, the wedding, just as Sookie is about to kill him...)

Gee, it's so great that Bill stayed alive long enough to make Jessica and Hoyt's wedding revolve around him. What a peach of a guy.

Bill really is a self-important dick and an ass. He made everything about him.  Sookie's life, her fairy-ness, Jessica's wedding.  And then he made his death Sookie's burden when all he had to do was wait for the fucking sun.   At least she didn't give up her power just so he could die knowing she wasn't special enough to entice other vampires.

I did find it funny that, in an episode that spent so much time on Bill's epic love for Sookie and her's for him(?), she's driving her recently deceased boyfriend's truck that still has his name on it.

Not really comfortable with Sarah Newlin's fate.  Even if I love Eric and Pam and prefer them ruthless, years of captivity and forced feeding is kinda beyond the pale.  I guess, if I'm honest though, beyond the pale is sort of the point of ruthless Pam and Eric.  

The flash forward was fine.  I don't care, but it was nice to know that Willa was still around.  The some of it was ludicrous, for instance Adilyn still with Wade, somehow Jason and Bridget have a 6/7 year old daughter (seriously, the middle daughter looked at least 2).  Oh well, that's hardly the stupidest thing in the show.  And it was nice to see people being happy after this drag of a season.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

Yes! He could have gotten down in the grave and waited for sunrise to do the job. Instead, he makes Sookie stake him and get covered in Bill-goo, and then have to climb out of the grave and walk home covered in goo. Nice. About three minutes in I was shouting in my head, "So kill him already!" But it just kept going and going and going…

Well, in fairness, I do think the original plan was that she'd throw her light ball at him from above, so she wouldn't get covered in goo or have to climb around in a grave.

But I do agree that it would have been better for him to just meet the sun that morning. They could have even spent the night saying goodbye for a million hours.

Edited by Jjrmt
  • Love 2

Eric: Sarah's face on your product, really? The *reason* Hep-v is widespread? Kind of a turnoff for your buyers.

The whole spiel was tacky.  Sarah's cheesy grin on the NewBlood can, the hammy infomercial.  That just didn't seem like Eric or Pam's style.

What was with the weird VoiceOver on Young Tara?

That was weird.  It seemed like the actress was either being dubbed by a higher pitched Rutina, or she was just trying to sound like Tara.  Whatever it was, it definitely took me out of the scene.

• Love 2

Sad that the only thing I care about is finding out if that was the author of the books (Charlaine Harris) in a cameo during the New Blood infomercial scene. Watching this show for the last two or three seasons was the equivalent of Bill's death scene. So happy its been put out of its misery.

Getting way too analytical about the fate of Sarah Newlin and I know that Steve Newlin showing up is supposed to make us think she's always chained up down in the cellar, but, I don't think that is what is going on.  Sarah is their cash cow.  If she spent all her time in the cellar she would not look so good.  I suspect she's only chained up down there when they are having one of their parties and that at other times she is somewhere else.  She's not a fairy, she can be glamoured.  The way I see it, Eric and Pam glamour her to keep her in line but specifically unglamour her when it's time to "work" so that she will remember that part.

• Love 1

Plus side: 10 minutes of Eric and Pam! No lumberjacks.

Minus side: Everything else.

Bill is such an entitled asshole you can easily believe he was born in the 1850s. "Hey, Sookie, even though I know the thing you want most in the world is for me to live, I'm going to ask you not only to kill me, but to kill me in a way that means you give up the fairy powers that have been the only thing saving you from death half a dozen times in this series! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!"

What was the point of Sookie suddenly being able to hear Bill's thoughts?

What was the point of any of this?

Also, why did Bill look considerably healthier tonight than he did in the last two episodes? Characters kept commenting on how bad he looked, and the only thing I could think of was that it was in the script but the makeup artists were on strike and they decided to film it anyway.

Edited by Robespierre
  • Love 4

For Ryan Kwanten- completely hilarious, completely beautiful- also, way, way better than the material. The MVP of this whole damn series. I always liked that he and Anna Paquin actually look like siblings. Also "Conscious off. Dick on."

So Say We All.  He is the ONLY reason I stuck with this stupid show.

• Love 4

What was the point of Sookie suddenly being able to hear Bill's thoughts?

What was the point of any of this?

My fanwank on Sookie being able to hear Bill's thoughts (and I use the term "fan" for lack of a better one) is that Bill was losing his hold on his immortal vampire life, and becoming closer to human, so Sookie could hear his thoughts.

As to your second question: I got nothin'.

Also, why did Bill look considerably healthier tonight than he did in the last two episodes? Characters kept commenting on how bad he looked, and the only thing I could think of was that it was in the script but the makeup artists were on strike and they decided to film it anyway.

Yes! Two weeks ago he couldn't make the trip to Fangtasia to get the cure, and couldn't do much more than lie down. Sookie thought he was at death's door. Now, he's able to spend hours telling everyone how they could make his life and death easier, dress up for a wedding, and walk down the aisle with the bride. Lord.

Another thing that bugged me: Bill gives Andy the huge house, but tells him he has to rent it to Hoyt and Jessica for $1. So Andy is apparently stuck with the property taxes on that big house (taxes which pay his salary), and can't even ask the renters to pay those property taxes? Jerk move, Bill. Andy should have staked him right there, and saved us all a lot of trouble.

• Love 3

Well... that just happened.  

On one hand, I'd like to respect them for actually going forward and killing Bill.  I honestly thought there was going to be a cop-out, of some kind.  When Sookie started hearing his thoughts, I thought it was going to be revealed that he was turning back into human, and everything would be good.  But, wow, I just can't because it was so fucking boring!  Seriously, the entire episode was Bill making everything about him and his death, and basically guilt-tripping everyone to do what he wanted to do.  Lame, Bill.  And, then for his actual death, it honestly felt like an hour before Sookie finally ended it all.  It was just so, well, boring!  But, I do find it slightly amusing that Bill dies, and suddenly Bon Temps is a friendly place!

So, after Eric easily dispatched Gus and the Yakuza, I was wondering what in the hell are we going to do, besides the Bill/Sookie crap.  And, what did they spring up on us?  Hoyt and Jessica getting married!  Even though he is still unglamoured and they've only been back together for a day!  Yeah, so romantic, show.  I would have been for Hoyt/Jessica as the endgame, but they way they did it was ridiculous.  Once again, at least the actors somewhat saved it.

Figures (and kind of fitting) that Eric and Pam get a happy ending.  Now, the owners of New Blood and living like kings.  That said, I know she's an awful person, but Sarah Newlin's fate disturbed me.  Just seems cruel.  But, I guess when you get on Eric's bad side, that was bound to happen.  Fun seeing Steve Newlin again.

Jason and Bridget get married, and have a whole bunch of kids?  Yikes.... I like Jason, but that's a shit ton of responsibility.  Looks like Sookie got married to a mysterious person.  Never saw his face, but his side-burns were so thick, I thought he was Wolverine for a second.

I guess, in the writers' mind, Lafayette could have just fucked off.  Only in the final scene.  Screw that.  Way to bone over an awesome character, True Blood.

Favorite moment was easily Eric jamming in the car.  Followed by the brief return from Granny.

So, yeah, that's the end.  Um... want to end this on a high note, so thanks True Blood for at least introducing me to some awesome actors.  I really hope Deborah Ann Woll, Ryan Kwanten, and Nelsan Ellis go places after this.  Thanks to Alexander Skarsgard and Kristin Bauer van Straten for always wringing out the entertainment value.  Same with Anna Camp.  Credit to the supporting cast like Chris Bauer, Carrie Preston, and Lauren Bowles, for taking what was easily throwaway stories and sometimes pure trite, and making it watchable.  Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer?  Y'all cool, I don't blame you for the majority of this shit.  Finally, I really hope Rutina Wesley finds a gig, where TPTB don't apparently hate her ass for some mysterious reason.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 7

This season wasn't a series final season but a way for the showrunners to send a big ole fuck you to all it's long time fans.  They should be arrested and thrown in jail for what they did to these characters.

And I have to disagree that this show took a turn for the worse when Ball left.  He had ruined it long before that by introducing a convoluted mess of characters and giving them as much, or more, screen time than the regulars. And Ball can't seem to write a decent relationship to save his ass.  I think the only decent relationships that developed came after he left.

I was never a big Bill fan but I know there are plenty out there who liked him and it sucks that they felt like they needed to take a big shit on them.

Ugh, so disappointed.

• Love 4

My fanwank on Sookie being able to hear Bill's thoughts (and I use the term "fan" for lack of a better one) is that Bill was losing his hold on his immortal vampire life, and becoming closer to human, so Sookie could hear his thoughts.

As to your second question: I got nothin'.

Yes! Two weeks ago he couldn't make the trip to Fangtasia to get the cure, and couldn't do much more than lie down. Sookie thought he was at death's door. Now, he's able to spend hours telling everyone how they could make his life and death easier, dress up for a wedding, and walk down the aisle with the bride. Lord.

Another thing that bugged me: Bill gives Andy the huge house, but tells him he has to rent it to Hoyt and Jessica for $1. So Andy is apparently stuck with the property taxes on that big house (taxes which pay his salary), and can't even ask the renters to pay those property taxes? Jerk move, Bill. Andy should have staked him right there, and saved us all a lot of trouble.

I think the original plan was for Bill to turn human in the end, hence the "You're warm" and the mind reading... and then they decided, screw that... let's kill him!!

I also think that Bon Temps is a magical place without property taxes... Or all of Bill's money was going to end up as Andy's as well.

• Love 2

Or the Bellefleurs are such a prestigious family that they are exempt for perpetuity from taxes. 

As a couple of you have said, there are so many great actors in this show that were fun to watch, even with the crazy plot lines the show was trying to sell the last few seasons. Imagine how bad it would have been without them. I especially enjoyed seeing Carrie Preston as a ditzy waitress trying to eke out a living, and contrast that to Carrie Preston as a ditzy killer shark of an attorney in The Good Wife

• Love 2

Well, so that happened.

UGH!!!! What was the point of Sookie suddenly being able to read his mind? I was thinking this was the preamble before he reverted to a human state, but no. Sookie stakes him and that's it. As has been said - SO ANTICLIMACTIC!

I thought the same thing, I thought since Bill had the different Hep-V, it would turn him human & I thought something would happen at the last minute to stop Sookie from killing him. They spent so long on his death, I didn't think it was going to happen.

The writers had no plot for the whole entire season beyond Bill is dying and its never been more clear that with Eric and Pam. They spend episodes afraid of humans then wipe them out in seconds in the finale when the writers are finally ready to move their story forward. 

YES!, If they could have gotten rid of them that fast, why didn't they do it episodes ago? They wasted so much time on that storyline, why?

The best parts of this were all Eric & Pam, I'm pissed that there was no Lafayette, & the Sookie/Bill death show went on way too long. How Sarah Newlin ended up was really creepy, & why is she at Fangtasia? Eric & Pam must be super rich from New Blood, why are they still at Fangtasia? 

When they showed Jason's oldest kid, she looked more like an 8 years old to me, but she couldn't be more than 4 so that was weird.

All in all, just as disappointing as the rest of the season.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4

So, yeah, that's the end. Um... want to end this on a high note, so thanks True Blood for at least introducing me to some awesome actors. I really hope Deborah Ann Woll, Ryan Kwanten, and Nelsan Ellis go places after this. Thanks to Alexander Skarsgard and Kristin Bauer van Straten for always wringing out the entertainment value. Same with Anna Camp. Credit to the supporting cast like Chris Bauer, Carrie Preston, and Lauren Bowles, for taking what was easily throwaway stories and sometimes pure trite, and making it watchable. Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer? Y'all cool, I don't blame you for the majority of this shit. Finally, I really hope Rutina Wesley finds a gig, where TPTB don't apparently hate her ass for some mysterious reason.

Well said! I agree with everything above.

Woll, Preston, Ellis, van Straten & Kwanten kept me coming back long after this show jumped the shark.

This show had one hell of a talented cast at its disposal and yet consistently managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with its poor plotting and writing. It's a damn shame.

Even though I literally let out an excited yelp when Bill became Billgoop, I feel for the folks who liked Bill and wanted a happy ending for him. Y'all did not deserve the steaming pile of crap you were served in this finale.

• Love 3

I have been watching this show from basically the very beginning. I own a Fangtasia t-shirt, and once dressed up as Pam for Halloween.

Tonight...I don't know. I feel disappointed. I have a sense of, "That's it? Really?" I'm glad my two favorite characters (go on, guess who they are) got a relatively happy ending and neither one of them died. Honestly though, when they showed Sookie walking away from the cemetery and off into the darkness after staking Bill, I hoped it would end there. I knew it wouldn't, because I was watching it online and could see how much time was left, but I didn't need the "everyone gets married/gets pregnant/has many many babies" coda at the end. I would've preferred the show end on a dark note.

• Love 3

Could it possibly have been any more obvious that the writers were just waiting out the clock? We got an entire wedding ceremony, including the line "Please be seated." We got Sookie talking things over with Mr. Lettie Mae, of all people. We got ten freaking minutes of romantic nonsense after Sookie tells Bill to hurry up or she'll lose her nerve. And yet, the Yakuza are defeated in about five seconds, in a way that could have happened five episodes ago.

And what an unbelievably reactionary way to end the show. Sookie and Jessica just need to sit back and let Bill make all the decisions about their lives for them! Maybe I'm naïve, but I really did not expect that this show of all shows would end with everyone united in wedded bliss and pumping out rugrats, while Pam and Eric actually became Republicans. What?

Even Sarah Newlin not only has to be tortured for the rest of her life, but she gets to be lectured by the ghost of her shitty ex-husband! Which apparently we are supposed to think is justice, or funny, or something. I just can't even.

Well, good-bye, show. I won't miss you. Hope all the actors move on to something better.

• Love 8

What was with the weird VoiceOver on Young Tara?

Okay so I was not losing my mind when I thought that sounded exactly like the regular Tara.  Yeah that was very odd indeed.

Edited because I know how to spell okay, I really do...

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 3

*hic*

Okay, so here is my headcanon for the end of True Blood, the Southern Vampire chronicles, and Dexter.  Spoilers, I guess, if anyone cares. If you care about any of the three you either already know, or should be warned off the original endings anyway, so you have been warned. NO TAGS!

-----

After dumping his sister's body in the ocean, Dexter hopes on a trans-continental train. Needing something to occupy his mind during the long ride, he throws a couple of dollars into the bargain book bin and buys a handful of books. These happen to include all of the Sookie Stackhouse books of which he reads in their entirety.

Disappointed, once he reaches Alaska, after securing a job as a lumber Jack, he hunts down HBO in the hopes that the TV series will be better.

He falls asleep just as Bill becomes Billith. Everything we see on True Blood after that is all a dream in Dexter's head.

Credits roll in his dream and he sits up with a start, and Dexter ends on the slack-jawed lumberjack Dexter we saw in that series ending.

Fin.

*hic*

Edited by Insomnia
  • Love 2

The better finale:

Pam: You yakuza dicks are going to pay for kidnapping me last episode!

Eric: Yup, we're gonna kick your ass for fifteen minutes with wit and in a violent fashion.

Jessica: I'm going to marry some dude that tried to kill me.

(And she does!)

Sookie: Okay I'll kill you for no reason even though you can be cured and I'm now guilty in murder or at least an accessory.

Ser Loras Tyrell: I'm not really in this show but I end up with James and Lala cause we all discovered we loved each other and can't remember who this Jane chick is.

Jason: Eventually I join this relationship because no one cares about Bridget.

Tara: Now I kill my mom for all the abuse and the hatred of my off-screen death.

Sequel: Pam and Eric present The Bucket Game

Are we to believe that Sookie attended the wedding, came home and went to the graveyard to dig a perfectly neat rectangular grave by herself with that spade, and then go freshen up and change into her funeral garb before meeting Bill back in the cemetery after sundown?

• Love 5

Are we to believe that Sookie attended the wedding, came home and went to the graveyard to dig a perfectly neat rectangular grave by herself with that spade, and then go freshen up and change into her funeral garb before meeting Bill back in the cemetery after sundown?

Not only that, but bury him again, with her bare hands since she broke the shovel in two.

• Love 3

Hey guys....ok so I have a conflict. I was shocked that she killed Bill. I had read some ending online about how he was going to turn human and they were going to live happily ever after. It TOTALLY looked like it was headed that way. Bill was seemingly getting healthier, he was warm to the touch, Sookie could hear his thoughts AND AND AND did anyone ANYONE notice how when he was crying blood that there was water in it as well ??? (tears & blood??) I swear I saw that...it seemed like they were going to have him turn human, but than word got out on the ending was leaked so they chose a different ending where he dies. Did Sookie kill a Bill that was turning human?? LOL....well, I loved Alcide, was very sad to lose him, Love Jessica, Love Arlene SO MUCH love that character, Love Lafeyette, Love SAM, one of my all time favorite people on the show, of course Eric and Pam and Andy hehehe. I think I am secretly really in love with Hoyt....been a truebie for 7 years, was also a huge Breaking Bad and Dexter fan.

• Love 1

Funny that Sookie's babydaddy has a beard, because he's basically her beard in the sense that it comes off like his purpose here is to hide her "true sexual orientation" (is "fang banger" a sexual orientation?)

And since when did Sookie want babies? If this has ever been important to her, you would think she would have brought it up as an issue that needed to be addressed when she was getting serious with Bill way back in season 1.

Suddenly having babies is what Sookie should be doing with her life because, what, Bill thought it's what's best for her? So pressure's on Sookie, better get busy birthing them babies because Bill died for this? Whatever show.

The way Bill pressured Sookie to live her life the way he saw fit and brushed off what she was telling him she wants… was that supposed to be romantic? That is just messed up.

Though I was still oddly disappointed when Bill just turned into goo. I was actually surprised when Sookie could hear his thoughts, and Jessica said he felt warm, it made me think he was going to turn into a human. It's not like I was rooting for Bill to somehow end up with Sookie, but as much of a cop-out as Bill turning human would have been, it still would have felt less anticlimactic than what they ended up doing.

Just imagine how funny it would have been if Sookie is no longer attracted to Bill after he turns human? Or… what if she staked him and he didn't go splat because he turned human, so he died from blood loss and perforated aorta instead? Would have been hilarious!

• Love 9

The whole spiel was tacky.  Sarah's cheesy grin on the NewBlood can, the hammy infomercial.  That just didn't seem like Eric or Pam's style.

That was weird.  It seemed like the actress was either being dubbed by a higher pitched Rutina, or she was just trying to sound like Tara.  Whatever it was, it definitely took me out of the scene.

I think both  child Sookie and child Tara were overdubbed with the adult actresses' voices pitched up. I imagine they had to do it for child Sookie, because she's played by Stephen Moyer's daughter (his older one from before he married Anna Paquin), and presumably has an English accent. And talent for American accents doesn't seem to run in that family, heh.

• Love 2

Move over Dexter, there is a new WORST SERIES FINALE EVER.

No, no, Dexter was much worse.

That entire series finale was cringey with stuff that was either absolutely absurd (like Dexter boating into a hurricane to emerge a logger) or downright infuriating (like Dexter giving away Harrison to Hannah).

True Blood kept it mostly simple and believable. I enjoyed both the Jessica wedding ceremony as well as Sookie staking Bill.

Edited by resonance
  • Love 2

Are these writers really saying they think the culminating moment of this show is Bill's death? Because, to put it mildly, they're wrong.

To put it not mildly, that was fucking terrible and - worse than terrible - boring. Boring as shit, actually. I can't even begin to start with what was wrong with this season and this episode. But Hoyt and Jessica's one-day wedding, the interminable Bill/Sookie shit and the disgusting torture porn with Sarah Newlin were the true low lights.

I'd say on a par with Dexter as worst series finale.

• Love 5

No, she said in the phone call after the church scene that she made the arrangements with the cemetery and that it was all taken care of.  Whomever she worked with dug his grave up so they could bury him that night.  Now I might call BS on that happening so quickly but it's TV so I don't really care. 

• Love 3

I can't believe True Blood is over. I think I'll miss the show, even though lots of things didn't make any sense at all.

First of all, I'm surprised they actually killed Bill, considering everything they had shown until that moment seemed to hint to the spoiler of Bill suddenly and conveniently turning to human. All those "You are WARM!" and "I can read his thoughts!" induced me to think: "Ok, that horrible idea is REALLY happening".

Hence, I appreciate they had the guts to actually kill one major character (and I'm not a Bill hater), but to be honest I didn't like how they handled it. I agree that it looked like they had some afterthought and decided to kill Bill for real instead, which is something I'm grateful for, but it went WAAAAY too long and didn't make Bill any favour (asking your ex-fairy girlfriend to kill you? Really?)

I loved all his scenes with Jessica though, they always had one of the best relationships of the show imho.

Speaking of Jessica, I used to like her with Hoyt back in the day. A lot. But this happy ending for them was too rushed and completely out of nowhere. Up until Hoyt came back to Bon Temps, all she could think of was James first and then Jason (a guy she stated she was in love with in season 5 or 6). Then, Hoyt came back and she was suddenly in love with him again. And she completely forgot all the reasons they broke up and everything he did to her. So, my question is: why even bother to let Jessica and Jason have sex? Had Hoyt come back home earlier, he could've been the one to console Jessica after James and they getting back together would've been a bit more believable, less rushed. But back then it seemed they were going with Jessica/Jason as endgame, except that Hoyt came back and everybody forgot about this. I guess this is another afterthought. Ok, then.

I don't care about Sarah Newlin even though I like Anna Camp, so I'm not bothered by her end.

Eric and Pam, as usual, were made of win. From Eric car ride with the dead Yakuza to their commercial. I'm glad they both end up alive and as a team. What I did NOT like is that their storyline was completely disjointed for the rest of the show, except for the: "Will Bill take the cure?/No he won't!" part. They never made an effort to find a way to include them in the main storyline more (why would Jessica not invite Eric and Pam to her wedding, for instance, considering even Arlene was there?). I mean, one of the main reasons Eric decided to kill Mr. Gus was that he would've been after his beloved Sookie. She even heard something when Eric came to save her, but in the end she didn't even know he did. What was the point? A hint that she could've end up with Eric after all and then... another afterthought?

But, who knows. True, she got pregnant with some random guy who wasn't even worthy of a close up, but since she still has her fairy vagina (TM Pam), I guess she will always drawn to vampires as they will be always drawn to her. I can totally see her finally (since apparently it was her dream all along) having a child and then breaking-up with this obviously useless guy to reach Eric somewhere! :D

• Love 1

did anyone read my comment or am I invisible.

I read them and I was thinking the same thing.  At first the "warm" comment didn't really mean anything to me, but then Sookie could read Bill's thoughts.  So, I thought for sure that was what as going to happen.  I also noticed that the tears on the picture looked a little pink, but mostly like tears.  I looked at Bill's face when they showed him in the grave and there was blood around his eyes, so that must be where the alternate ending picked up.  I didn't even know about the ending floating around that Bill was going to turn human, but I was convinced that's where it was going to go.  Not that I was happy with it- there was very little I was happy with.  This finale sucked. 

It's dumb to scratch an entire ending just because some people on the internet leaked something.  Look at how many of us commented on here that we didn't know about that alternate ending.  I bet MOST of the viewers didn't.  You know why?  Because no one really CARED at this point.  We were all watching for closure. 

Penelope79- It made sense to me that no other vampires were at the wedding.  Jessica decided to have the ceremony THAT DAY.  It was daylight when everybody (human) arrived.  The only vampires at the ceremony were those who lived in the house so they didn't have to go out in the daylight.  Also, someone commented way above about them not having the daybleeds.  I believe Bill did.  He used a tissue to rub his eyes and then his ears at one point.  He wasn't gushing blood, but I saw it.  Why Jessica wasn't having daybleeds, I don't know.

• Love 1

The most redeeming aspect of the episode? That the show is finally over. 

It ended a lot weaker than it began -- this last season felt like mostly filler.

And our TW cable had the main HBO channel as unavailable, so we ended up watching the Latino version. It actually made the episode more interesting as we tried to catch all the Spanish dialogue. And I still don't feel as if I missed anything since almost all the conversations have been had before. And they had the entire wedding ceremony..! I guess giving some of the series regulars some last lines of dialogue didn't seem that important to TPTB. 

Bye, True Blood. 

• Love 1

What a complete gong show.

Wasting time on all the dialogue of a wedding was so frustrating, we lost the opportunity to see other storylines (from Lafayette, for one!) because of that stupid wedding.

I thought the episode was finished when Sookie walked out of the cemetery, which actually annoyed me less than what was shown.

Farewell, True Bood - a few seasons over your best before date, for sure.

Also, judging by the kids' ages, it just so happened that Jason, Lafayette, Arlene, Sam, Hoyt, and others had all started relationships around the same time that lasted for five years or more. A record for these people. I suppose relationships in Bon Temps do a lot better off-camera..

• Love 1

It made sense to me that no other vampires were at the wedding.  Jessica decided to have the ceremony THAT DAY.  It was daylight when everybody (human) arrived.  The only vampires at the ceremony were those who lived in the house so they didn't have to go out in the daylight.  Also, someone commented way above about them not having the daybleeds.  I believe Bill did.  He used a tissue to rub his eyes and then his ears at one point.  He wasn't gushing blood, but I saw it.  Why Jessica wasn't having daybleeds, I don't know.

You are right. I completely forgotten about this (I guess I wasn't paying too much attention). :)

• Love 1

Just go out in the sun or wait your disease out. Don't guilt her into doing it for you.

I was thinking this the whole time. If he wants to die, just die. Walk into the sun already. And what's the difference between Sookie using her light ball and staking him? Either way she did it.

That was SO BORING. The only good part was the actress who played young Tara - she had the voice down.

I went in to this finale with low expectations and it still completely sucked save a couple of moments from Eric and Pam. I also got a kick out of Holly and Arlene being excited to check out Vampire Bill's house. (Funny that the couple with the least need for space ends up getting such a large house. And yeah, I too wondered about the property taxes but with a show like this I suspect that we aren't supposed to give it too much thought.)

The best thing I can say is that it wasn't quite as terrible as the Dexter finale. Almost as bad but I give Dexter the edge for being worse as I felt it didn't have a single redeeming quality. With the TB finale at least we got the scene of Eric in the Yakuza car.

I was disturbed by Sarah's fate. I thought it was a bit much and can't say that I felt especially amused. OTOH I was at least appreciative that Pam didn't turn her and that Sarah wasn't able to get away with fucking herself into a position of authority again.

I thought Bill was going to turn human as well and also thought his tears seemed watery. I'm glad they chose death for Bill but I hated the way they did it and it makes no sense to me that he'd want to force Sookie to kill him. I feel like Godric went out like a boss in comparison. Bill IMO came across like a selfish jerk all the way to the end. I even thought his desire to have Sookie use the last of her light was more about him not liking the idea of her hooking up with another vampire than anything about her general well being.

The actual death scene was boring and I swear Bill and Sookie repeated a conversation in the same damned scene! I'd have to go back and rewatch (not happening) but I wanted to shout at them to just get the hell on with it already.

@Jjrmt--

I'm sorry you were disappointed as well and since the signs seemed to be pointing to Bill and Sookie getting that happy ending I'm sure that seeing his true death wasn't exactly fun time viewing.

The wedding was boring and it felt weird that I was apparently supposed to be rooting for this union to happen even though there are all kinds of lies and lack of clarification involved. No point either in Jessica/Jason ultimately. Why have the characters have sex again? Why have Jason make it seem like his feelings forJJessica were stronger than with anyone else? Why have Jessica claim to be in love with Jason at one point?

• Love 1

The most redeeming aspect of the episode? That the show is finally over. 

It ended a lot weaker than it began -- this last season felt like mostly filler.

And our TW cable had the main HBO channel as unavailable, so we ended up watching the Latino version. It actually made the episode more interesting as we tried to catch all the Spanish dialogue. And I still don't feel as if I missed anything since almost all the conversations have been had before. And they had the entire wedding ceremony..! I guess giving some of the series regulars some last lines of dialogue didn't seem that important to TPTB. 

Bye, True Blood. 

I think if they hadn't had the entire wedding ceremony, step by painful step, I might not have been later moved to scream at Sookie "Don't you DARE start filling in that grave by hand!" 

(Of course, she did, but by some miracle we were spared from watching her shift a couple hundred cubic feet of dirt one tiny handful at a time. Not that it would have surprised me.)

Really, I'll never understand some of the choices they've made with this show. I've mentioned it recently in the All Seasons thread. I know they probably feel like they have to give the cast equal storylines, AND that they have to use the fan favorites (Eric/Pam) sparingly, but I just don't know how they get from there to believing that the audience WANTS hours and hours and hours (or even entire half-episodes) of Terry Bellefleur, or that one-third of the series finale being devoted to Hoyt and Jessica would please anyone at all. 

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 2

My take on the ending episode...

I loved loved loved the Pam/Eric storyline but seriously expected it to happen.   I believe they both played along with the Yukura (sp?) to bide their time to just take over the business.  I saw that running through Eric's head when Gus stated that he was diluting the NewBlood to keep the vamps hooked.  You could see it didn't sit well with him at all.  Pam was just itching to hurt somebody so she was only waiting for Eric to come around.  When it happened and Eric was jamming in the car, I was just cracking up.

I understood the nuptuals for Jessica/Hoyt as they did it for Beel.  It did drag on more than I wanted it to but it made sense to me.  I also wasn't too surprised by Sookay hearing Beel's thoughts.  He was dying so his human side was taking over.  After all, vampires are just undead humans.  His powers were fading so he could no longer cloak his thoughts.  That's what made her realize he was dying very quickly and in pain.  I also liked that she chose to keep her powers and use a more  "traditinal method" for killing Beel.

Sarah's fate was classic fun for me.  Pam phyched her out good at the park

I believe that we didn't hear from Lafayette this episode as his story wrapped up last episode.  I did sorely miss him and liked that he was at the tgive table with the rest.  Even Sam came back

Now what the hell am I gonna do with my SUNDAYS??

it makes no sense to me that he'd want to force Sookie to kill him

I think he wanted Sookie to do it as he would not go up on a pot of goo.  However, she would have lost all her powers if she did and he wanted that too so she could have a human life.  I am glad she kept her powers and just staked him.

• Love 2

Like most people here, I didn't like the finale, it was boring. And boring is the worst  thing True Blood could be. The wedding was rushed and frankly we weren't given any reasons to believe this time they will  be better as a couple. And while I don't care that Bill died, I do think his death was stupid and selfish.

I'm glad Jason and Lafayette survived. I loved Pam and Eric, they were the best part of the episode. Not so  happy about Sarah's fate; I hated her, but there were worse characters in the show and their endings weren't so cruel as this one.

And in my headcanon, Sookie married Will Wheaton.

• Love 2