Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Friends Of WeHo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I just watched Ep 1.  Full disclosure, I am a senior citizen, very senior, and female. That said, I loved this intro to the men and certainly plan to watch more. Great to look at but more importantly, I admire their honesty and pure guts.  Even Todrick. "Against all odds" as they say...

• Like 2

I'm not wild about Todrick being in the cast, it's kind of a distraction. He's so messy. Otherwise I thought the first episode was fine. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

I haven’t watched an MTV show in forever but I thought I’d give this a chance because I love Brad and his husband Gary Janetti. I never heard of these other guys so maybe I’m too old to watch this.

I thought this would be a fun look at the guys lives but it looks like a gay man’s version of real housewives with the petty jealousies and fighting. So, no thank you. 

• Useful 2

Just watched the first episode. I didn't know there was so much Toddrick hate out in the world.

I can't stand Mr. "As a CEO I take security with me wherever I go." Sir, no one knows who you are AND you're attending a private event at a private residence. He was radiating negativity at the party. Was it really necessary to tell that table of people that you wouldn't hang out with anyone at the party? Just say you don't really know anyone so you're looking forward to meeting some new people or just leave. But can't do that, since that's where the cameras are. Honestly, he rubbed me the wrong way from the second he was introduced. 

I'm really interested in seeing more of Curtis' story though. I'm shocked that he's using this as a way to come out and am really hoping it doesn't tank his career, family-life, friendships, etc.  I just want to give him a big ole bear hug every time he talks.

• Like 4

I totally agree about CEO Dorion and his enormous ego/attitude but I’m reserving my judgment, mainly because I’m hoping he’s the one who does a one-eighty by the end of the season.  He certainly needs to find empathy for others but I’m willing to cut him some slack. I respect his climb and his need to preserve the integrity of his brand.  Yet it’s obvious (to me) that he has never had his heart broken.  He does not break.  So it’s fifty-fifty as to how much he bends for his social future.

As to Curtis – I feel for him. He’s still all locked up over his and the family’s belief that “it’s a sin.” That cuts deep.  Hope he can get past it.

• Like 1

I feel for Curtis, but he needs to just live his life on his terms and stop worrying about his family and what they think.  I can see his storyline becoming tiresome.  I dunno, I’m old now and DGAF, love me as I am or move on.

I don’t understand why Joey is being pushed to apologize to Dorian.  Dorion let his insecurities get the best of him, and he showed his ass and was rude.  He and I can’t remember who invited him, should be apologizing to Joey.  

Jaymes is a bit much and he should’ve told them that wig party was more of a promotional thing and not truly a party party.  That was not good hosting. 

So far, Brad is my favorite.  I don’t follow Todrick and his drama, but the Get Out comments cracked me up.

• Like 4

For whatever reason, I'm guessing Dorion was a key to this show being made and that's why they were falling over themselves to make him look good after his behavior at the party? Though it may also be a case of their knowing the guy who got into it with him, because he's getting messier as the show goes on and they may have wanted to nip that in the bud right away.

I feel for Handsome Actor guy who feels the repercussions his family will face at home (get the feeling they already are bombarded with Other People's Judgment about their son/brother the Actor out in HOLLYWOOD), so throwing being openly gay onto the bonfire is not necessarily something he wants them to go through. It's his life, but he knows the world his loved ones live in, and it's got to be a struggle to be authentic AND try to avoid causing pain. 

I like the bearded stress ball host guy. And I'm liking Todrick, who is being a voice of reason so far, and good for him. I'm only vaguely aware of Brad from seeing him here and there, but he seems good at what he does. He does seem like he'd be too much to be around and he will make trouble where there is none if it will work for tv.

So of course most of the "real friends" are barely acquaintances. I really wish reality shows would stop doing this and trying to shoehorn people into these fake ass relationships just to get certain characters on the show. Most friend groups have PLENTY of drama without the added bonus of random person that the cast has to pretend to be friends with. It's unnecessary. 

• Like 4

I’m over Dorion.  If anything, he makes his brand look bad.  I don’t know what wasn’t true in what he said to Curtis about what the other guys said at the party. Curtis’ own brother was the one who said their sister didn’t come because it would feel like she was condoning Curtis’ life.  Not even going to say “lifestyle” because it’s Curtis’ life—who he is, who he loves.  Dorion has too many of his own insecurities he needs to work on.  

Keep Brad next season and find a new “friend” group if this even gets another season.  Maybe Todrick can stay…he’s gotten his redemption edit.  Everyone else doesn’t really mesh.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1