Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Missteps

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if there’ll be a drama series done about how she snared the ultra rich husband and ended up with two children, as she knew she’d likely serve time.  For all the hype, she wasn’t really that good of a liar, imo.  

I don’t think she’s actually married. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

I don’t think she’s actually married. 

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  Well, maybe the guy hasn’t been taken in by her after all.  

Kind of? Two kids means he either bought her lies or he's in on it with her to some extent, since that's how she meant to avoid prison. I know he's got money, since his family owns some hotels or something, but I feel the sorriest for the kids since they'll have to grow up with that shadow hanging over them.

• Like 5

Holmes seems to be such a twisted person…..I can’t imagine how that would affect the children as they get older.  I’m not sure why a prospective father wouldn’t see that.  Even if you believe only what she admits to. 

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Holmes seems to be such a twisted person…..I can’t imagine how that would affect the children as they get older.  I’m not sure why a prospective father wouldn’t see that.  Even if you believe only what she admits to. 

Let's not forget George Schultz who was a Theranos board member believed her over his own grandson.  She had a way of charming men into believing whatever she said.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1

I give it two years at most before the husband/baby daddy drops her. There will be plenty of young, pretty things around who are available and not going to jail.

Has anyone been following the crazy scandal going on in UK television? I wasn't familiar with the people or the show but it's being compared to a real-life Morning Show. Phillip Schofield was a beloved children's show host who went on to host This Morning for 21 years. So first he came out as gay on live tv a few years ago, which was a surprise to his wife. A few days ago he resigned amid reports he was feuding with his co-star. Nope, having an affair with a much younger male colleague and then lying to cover it up. 

The ex-This Morning host said the relationship with his junior colleague was "unwise but not illegal".

In a statement to the Daily Mail, Schofield said he "met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television".

He apologised for lying to colleagues, employers, the media and public...

Schofield said he was "so, very, very sorry" for being unfaithful to his wife, and for lying to his colleagues, agents, employers, friends, the media and the public.

The part I bolded should be getting him investigated by the police. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

But I am a woman and it was mostly men who fell for what she was saying.  

Funny that isn't it?   Her board not having a single medical professional on it but movers and shakers -- and all male -- should have been a clue too.   Oh you women in the field don't like my idea, I'll just go talk to George Schultz.    

She charmed a 4 star general too.   He was all "We need this to save lives in Afghanistan, get it done."   Then it ran into military procurement bureaucracy.  Her charm.

The saddest part was George Schultz and his grandson, as @bluegirl147 pointed out  She was at Schultz's birthday party but not his grandson.   Because his grandson said, if she's there I will not be.  Apparently they made up in the end.   After Elizabeth was arrested.

She and the new mark ... I mean guy are not married.   It was a way to protect assets.   IF he sticks around for her, in 11 years when she gets out nothing will be in her name.   That way it can't be seized for restitution.   If he doesn't she will find another mark and still make sure nothing is in her name. 

22 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

But I am a woman and it was mostly men who fell for what she was saying.  

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Walgreens took the trouble of hiring Kevin Hunter as a lab consultant to vet Theranos before partnering with them.  But when Hunter advised the company against it because something was off, Walgreens ignored him and partnered with Holmes anyway. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 8
1 hour ago, MissAlmond said:

Walgreens took the trouble of hiring Kevin Hunter as a lab consultant to vet Theranos before partnering with them.  But when Hunter advised the company against it because something was off, Walgreens ignored him and partnered with Holmes anyway. 

What idiots. Why did they even waste the time of hiring him if they weren't going to listen to him.

• Applause 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I give it two years at most before the husband/baby daddy drops her. There will be plenty of young, pretty things around who are available and not going to jail.

Has anyone been following the crazy scandal going on in UK television? I wasn't familiar with the people or the show but it's being compared to a real-life Morning Show. Phillip Schofield was a beloved children's show host who went on to host This Morning for 21 years. So first he came out as gay on live tv a few years ago, which was a surprise to his wife. A few days ago he resigned amid reports he was feuding with his co-star. Nope, having an affair with a much younger male colleague and then lying to cover it up. 

The part I bolded should be getting him investigated by the police. 

I've followed the story kind of, since it is all over the news here, inescapable. It's been a really big deal. Schofield has been the golden boy of British telly for most of my life - he was a hugely popular presenter of children's TV when I was young, and then made the move into hosting breakfast television, where he formed what has always been presented as a wonderful partnership with his co-star Holly Willoughby. I've never watched their show - I actually found their presenting style quite mean-spirited - but they have been hugely popular for two decades. Schofield has always had something of a boy-next-door appeal...but the cracks have been forming for some time now. His coming out came as quite a shock, given that his public image had always been that of the contented family man, happily married with two daughters. Well, he wouldn't be the first gay man to marry and have a family while in the closet, but the manner of his coming out drew a lot of side eyes. It wasn't kind to his family, shall we say. They deserved at least a head's up that their lives were about to be imploded on national telly.

Then his brother was convicted of sexually abusing a teenage boy earlier this year. Schofield took time off during the trial, but public sympathy was largely still with him. After all, he isn't responsible for his brother's crimes. Rumours of the feud with Willoughby began around about the same time, though - and then exploded last month, culminating in his resignation. And then the revelations since.

It's been quite startling to see how fast he went from golden boy to public whipping boy.

Edited by Llywela
typo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

What idiots. Why did they even waste the time of hiring him if they weren't going to listen to him

I went back and listened to The Dropout podcast and was incorrect in that Hunter was already a Walgreens employee. Sorry about that. The company send him as part of the team to vet Theranos as "The Expert".

Walgreens did ignore Hunter's advice which resulted in him eventually leaving the company. Hunter's gut told him the day would come when Thearnos would be exposed as a fraud. When it did, Hunter didn't want his name and reputation associated with it. 

Anyway, from Hunter's interview I get the impression Walgreens signed on because 1) They really, Really, REALLY wanted to believe the device worked because if it did 2) Walgreens could overtake Lab Corp and Quest as Number 1 in lab diagnostics testing.  In short (IMHO) - a combination of magical thinking and greed. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 12
18 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

In short (IMHO) - a combination of magical thinking and greed. 

What got a lot of people.   George Schultz it turned out had a lot of stock in Theranos.   So not only would he have been a terrible judge of character, it would have cost him money.   LOT of money.   

That's how she did it.   She charmed people into believing this could be done.  And many wanted to believe because who wouldn't prefer a finger stick to a blood draw?   Then as she reeled them in, they got stock which would have been worthless if it turned out to be wrong.  

The part that amazes me is all these so called "savvy" investors would ask to to see the books before deciding.   Holmes would say "Oh that's proprietary information, we can't show you that."   And they just said "oh okay, here's millions of dollars."   They literally never though  hmmm no other company I want to invest in says their books are proprietary why are these?   That's weird.

ONE guy did.   He refused to invest until he saw the books.  He wound up never investing because of it.   And right after he refused is when it all started coming out.   

• Like 15
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

The part that amazes me is all these so called "savvy" investors would ask to to see the books before deciding.   Holmes would say "Oh that's proprietary information, we can't show you that."   And they just said "oh okay, here's millions of dollars."   They literally never though  hmmm no other company I want to invest in says their books are proprietary why are these?   That's weird.

Holmes said the same to anyone who wanted to inspect the lab and/or devices. Theranos finally relented to let Kevin Hunter see "The Edison" but gave him an older version. When Hunter wanted to open it for examination, he was told nope, can't do that because - yes, you guessed it - "proprietary information".

• Like 6

Kinda reminds me of all the celebrities who got caught up in promoting FTX and are now being sued for promoting unregistered securities.   The ONLY one who asked questions was that "airhead" Taylor Swift.   She asked if they were promoting unregistered securities.   She didn't get a straight answer so she refused to sign the contract.   She is home free while the others are not.

Moral of the story -- ASK QUESTIONS.   You don't like the answers don't do business with that company.

• Like 18
9 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Kinda reminds me of all the celebrities who got caught up in promoting FTX and are now being sued for promoting unregistered securities.   The ONLY one who asked questions was that "airhead" Taylor Swift.   She asked if they were promoting unregistered securities.   She didn't get a straight answer so she refused to sign the contract.   She is home free while the others are not.

Moral of the story -- ASK QUESTIONS.   You don't like the answers don't do business with that company.

Seriously. Ask questions, and if your head, heart, and gut are all telling you something sounds wrong... it's probably wrong, so stay away from it.

• Like 9

Along with wanting the riches that come with being an early investor in the next big thing I think there were a lot of people who didn’t want to appear stupid when they didn’t understand the Theranos process and just blindly invested rather than admit they didn’t get it.

• Like 8

From the article:

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, the prep school claims Kevin and Victoria signed a payment contract back in August 2018 when their kids' started going to West Valley Christian ... but the institution claims the parents haven't paid since May 2019, and are running up a huge balance.

2023 is nearly half over. Are they suing just now? That doesn't sound right.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

T=

50 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Kevin Federline Sued By Son’s Private School For $15K Amid Fight With Britney

Is $15,000 a huge balance for private school tuition for 2 children over about 4 years?  That's seems incredibly, unbelievably low.  

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Bethany said:

Is $15,000 a huge balance for private school tuition for 2 children over about 4 years?  That's seems incredibly, unbelievably low.  

Yeah. I would have thought that would be cost for one year at most. Their website says tuition is between $8,000 and $10,000 depending on age. Confused Abc GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

18 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I know there were some rumors he left his live-in girlfriend to enter a relationship with Natalie.  I don't know if there was overlap or not but he was with his girlfriend when filming of Black Swan began and he was engaged to its now-pregnant star by the time it premiered less than a year later.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I know there were some rumors he left his live-in girlfriend to enter a relationship with Natalie.  I don't know if there was overlap or not but he was with his girlfriend when filming of Black Swan began and he was engaged to its now-pregnant star by the time it premiered less than a year later.

Yes I was reading about this last night, and the general consensus seems to be that he did cheat with Portman on the set of Black Swan and that this isn't the first time he's cheated on Portman. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Yes I was reading about this last night, and the general consensus seems to be that he did cheat with Portman on the set of Black Swan

If that's true, and she knew it was cheating when she got involved with him, I don't feel sorry for her if he later turned around and cheated on her.  I don't know how long it's going to take for people to grasp that if someone is willing to cheat with you, they'll be willing to cheat on you - no, you're not special - but until then these situations are going to get nothing more out of me than a "boo-fucking-hoo".  I do think it's unfortunate with celebrities where it plays out in the media because someone other than them has decided to spout off, which is embarrassing - and can cause problems for any kids the couple has - but that's about it. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Bastet said:

If that's true, and she knew it was cheating when she got involved with him, I don't feel sorry for her if he later turned around and cheated on her.  I don't know how long it's going to take for people to grasp that if someone is willing to cheat with you, they'll be willing to cheat on you - no, you're not special - but until then these situations are going to get nothing more out of me than a "boo-fucking-hoo".  I do think it's unfortunate with celebrities where it plays out in the media because someone other than them has decided to spout off, which is embarrassing - and can cause problems for any kids the couple has - but that's about it. 

I feel the same way. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Omg, they really are punishing Elizabeth Holmes.  This borders on cruel and unusual, but I guess it’s fair.  I’m referring to the outfit. 😲

https://people.com/elizabeth-holmes-seen-first-time-prison-sentence-7507769

Wow she looks really different with her hair down and no make up.   I am surprised that hair is allowed by prison rules.   At least she is used to wearing a uniform.   Keeps her from having to think about what to wear every day.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Wow she looks really different with her hair down and no make up.   I am surprised that hair is allowed by prison rules.   At least she is used to wearing a uniform.   Keeps her from having to think about what to wear every day.  

I was shocked to see that those pants are still being made. Wow!  Talk about yesteryear.  And that color scheme.  Whoa.  

• LOL 6
16 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I saw that on Twitter, and it's kind of Something that they felt obligated to say how old the 'other woman' is. WTF does that have to do with anything?

Thank you. I was about to post saying the same thing.

• Like 2
On 5/31/2023 at 10:18 AM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Kind of? Two kids means he either bought her lies or he's in on it with her to some extent, since that's how she meant to avoid prison. I know he's got money, since his family owns some hotels or something, but I feel the sorriest for the kids since they'll have to grow up with that shadow hanging over them.

That kid thing didn’t work for the Chrisleys. And the Giudices. They did let the Giudices serve consecutively, though. 

• Like 6
On 4/30/2023 at 11:48 PM, Blergh said:

I agree with everything here posted about Stamos and the Full House early years. However, I still can't help but wonder if those now-anonymous temporary replacement twins for the Olsen sisters have been told of their near-brush with fame...and, if so, would they consider that they missed out or dodged a bullet via getting boomeranged from that show? And has anyone heard any commentary from either of the Olsen sisters about this revelation.

PS. Why was he allowed to do this? I know because of his earlier fame that Stamos had the top billing but it was called Full House  NOT Uncle Jesse and Those He Tolerated!

I’m not a big fan of John Stamos. He comes across as if he thinks he’s some cool A-lister. In reality, I’d say he’s C-list at best. He’s never really had a hit show outside of Full House.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, Egg McMuffin said:

I’m not a big fan of John Stamos. He comes across as if he thinks he’s some cool A-lister. In reality, I’d say he’s C-list at best. He’s never really had a hit show outside of Full House.

That Grandfathered show he was in wasn't a hit but it was surprisingly funny. Even still I have hardly been a fan of him and I hate Full House. But I do appreciate that with all the crap he has been talking neither of the Olsen twins has even bothered to give any kind of response.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

https://ew.com/celebrity/marlon-wayans-accuses-united-airlines-racism-classism-flight-dispute/

Sounds more like a "I'm a celebrity so I don't have to follow the rules" moment to me.

I missed seeing a Kevin Smith talk years ago, because he showed up late for check in and they would not allow him to board. IIRC, he also tried to blame the airline. I was more pissed with his idea that he was above the rules than I was about missing the show with friends. (I got a refund.)

• Like 9
10 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

https://ew.com/celebrity/marlon-wayans-accuses-united-airlines-racism-classism-flight-dispute/

Sounds more like a "I'm a celebrity so I don't have to follow the rules" moment to me.

Yep. He tried to get on a plane with three carry-ons worth of stuff and thinks he is being targeted because he was told no. His instagram has been nothing but posts about this since. All because they wanted him to gate-check a bag. I don’t think he understands what classism is. 

Based on his other posts, he saw people (the picture he posted turned out to be an airline employee) board with three bags and has decided him not being allowed to was because the employee was racist. 

On 6/8/2023 at 7:57 PM, Egg McMuffin said:

I liked him until I learned his part in raping a woman. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

In the latest news regarding the accidental shooting on the set of Rust: 

Prosecutors have responded to Hannah Gutierrez-Reed's request to have charges dismissed alleging Gutierrez-Reed was “drinking heavily and smoking marijuana in the evenings during the shooting of Rust."  Gutierrez-Reed's attorney countered: “The prosecution has so mishandled this case and the case is so weak that they are now resorting to character assassination tactics to further taint the press and jury pool."

To be continued. 

https://deadline.com/2023/06/rust-armorer-likely-hung-over-fatal-shooting-criminal-case-1235417292/

https://www.thewrap.com/rust-alec-baldwin-weapons-armorer-hangover/

https://people.com/prosecutors-allege-rust-armorer-was-hungover-resulting-in-live-rounds-in-loaded-gun-7546788

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/14/entertainment/rust-shooting-armorer-indictment-response/index.html

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The case against anyone else might be weak.   But the armorer's ONE JOB is to ensure that guns are safe on set.   Period.   Even if the director had her running around doing other jobs, that was still her primary job.  A live round got into a gun that was used on set.   Even if the gun could fire without pulling the trigger -- still a live round on set.   Even if someone tampered with the gun -- still a live round on set.   Even if the scene was badly set up -- still a live round on set.  Even if someone put the live round in the gun AFTER she declared it safe -- she didn't maintain control over the gun in order to ensure that didn't happen.   

Yep, her job is to make sure all of the things you listed don't happen, or get caught and corrected before someone is shot. I have given up on thinking any one will actually pay for what happened via the law, but I do hope that she never works as an armorer again because in that particular job, she is a danger. Anyone who hires her as an armorer is a fucking moron. 

• Like 21
On 6/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, Llywela said:

I've followed the story kind of, since it is all over the news here, inescapable. It's been a really big deal. Schofield has been the golden boy of British telly for most of my life - he was a hugely popular presenter of children's TV when I was young, and then made the move into hosting breakfast television, where he formed what has always been presented as a wonderful partnership with his co-star Holly Willoughby. I've never watched their show - I actually found their presenting style quite mean-spirited - but they have been hugely popular for two decades. Schofield has always had something of a boy-next-door appeal...but the cracks have been forming for some time now. His coming out came as quite a shock, given that his public image had always been that of the contented family man, happily married with two daughters. Well, he wouldn't be the first gay man to marry and have a family while in the closet, but the manner of his coming out drew a lot of side eyes. It wasn't kind to his family, shall we say. They deserved at least a head's up that their lives were about to be imploded on national telly.

Then his brother was convicted of sexually abusing a teenage boy earlier this year. Schofield took time off during the trial, but public sympathy was largely still with him. After all, he isn't responsible for his brother's crimes. Rumours of the feud with Willoughby began around about the same time, though - and then exploded last month, culminating in his resignation. And then the revelations since.

It's been quite startling to see how fast he went from golden boy to public whipping boy.

Oh no, I used to like him a lot. He and Holly seemed like such a great team and it always made me happy to watch an occasional clip of their show on youtube.

I am beginning to be genuinely scared to like people anymore.

• Useful 2

So, I was watching Britbox last night. I think this was on Britbox. Or maybe it was Prime. Anyway, there was a documentary of sorts about Joan Collins. Actually, she was telling the audience and reading and editing the book, I think she released? Might have been a memoir? I liked it. I like her. But what was shocking was to learn that John Forsyth really is an asshole like Blake Carrington, and not a nice person as say, Charles Townsend (Charlie's Angels) or the character he played in the 50s, Bachelor Father. According to Collins, he was PISSED when she posed for Playboy in '83. Frankly, I thought she looked gorgeous on the cover, but he went complaining to the execs, that she was "tarnishing" the reputation of Dynasty, which he called a "fine show."  Oh, Really? The show that had constant cheating, sex, manipulative and obsessive jealousy. That show? And that he was also furious when at the People's Choice Awards, the presenter gave the award to Joan, instead of Forsyth, so she got to thank the audience instead of him.

Not that I loooooved Forsyth, but this is disappointing.

• Useful 8

I'm disappointed that people give money to this cult. It's sickening that anyone especially a woman would think the head of Scientology is some great guy especially since his wife seems to have been disappeared in the way they do for well over 10yrs at this point. I can see why Scientology was after Will, Jada and their family because all the stories that come out about this not religion always seem to involve mayosapiens.

Scientology has Mary-Ellen of 'The Waltons’ on the hook for how much now?

• Mind Blown 11
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

According to Collins, he was PISSED when she posed for Playboy in '83. Frankly, I thought she looked gorgeous on the cover, but he went complaining to the execs, that she was "tarnishing" the reputation of Dynasty, which he called a "fine show."  Oh, Really? The show that had constant cheating, sex, manipulative and obsessive jealousy. That show?

Seriously, like, did he ever watch the show? I never cared for him but it is always disappointing to hear someone making moral judgements about their peers, especially someone who makes their living acting in a soap opera. Dynasty wasn't exactly a morality play. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, I was watching Britbox last night. I think this was on Britbox. Or maybe it was Prime. Anyway, there was a documentary of sorts about Joan Collins. Actually, she was telling the audience and reading and editing the book, I think she released? Might have been a memoir? I liked it. I like her. But what was shocking was to learn that John Forsyth really is an asshole like Blake Carrington, and not a nice person as say, Charles Townsend (Charlie's Angels) or the character he played in the 50s, Bachelor Father. According to Collins, he was PISSED when she posed for Playboy in '83. Frankly, I thought she looked gorgeous on the cover, but he went complaining to the execs, that she was "tarnishing" the reputation of Dynasty, which he called a "fine show."  Oh, Really? The show that had constant cheating, sex, manipulative and obsessive jealousy. That show? And that he was also furious when at the People's Choice Awards, the presenter gave the award to Joan, instead of Forsyth, so she got to thank the audience instead of him.

Not that I loooooved Forsyth, but this is disappointing.

Keep in mind two things re this claim: First, we only have Miss Collins's side of the story and Mr. Forsyth's no longer in this world so no one can ask him if he actually said or did these things.

Secondly, even if her claim re Mr. Forsyth's reaction to her Playboy cover is true, she's not the nicest celeb herself. For example as she's been a longtime fan of. ..Piers Morgan[BLEH!!!] for years right down to actually inviting him to celebrate her 90th birthday with her last month  (as opposed to having him foisted on her against her wishes as the British Royal family has had happen).

IOW, she doesn't seem to have had to stretch very far to have  portrayed Alexis.

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5