Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: Marry Me in Tennessee

• Start Topic

On 1/5/2023 at 8:01 AM, Madding crowd said:

I’m not up on names yet but I thought the pageant girl/cheer coach and her intended look like siblings. Also the guy who wants to sail and is passionate about life is another Mitch/Steve who is looking for someone to support him. And he said it would be a dealbreaker if he was matched with someone who isn’t passionate about life. Some of us are passionate but also have to work jobs. 

I think Dollar Store Chuck Norris (brilliant name) said he is a "Professional Life Liver".

On 1/7/2023 at 4:13 AM, Lindz said:

Not only does Jas have bad teeth, she's also missing a tooth...like her aunt*. DOUBLE YIKES!!! 😬 Where's the preacher father we keep hearing about?? I'm so suspicious of Airris. He doesn't seem to really want to be married & he's hard to look at. Clint is the only guy that's somewhat okay looking.

Jas seems nice but I was surprised that she was a beauty contest winner with those teeth.

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Kirsten's mama just wanted the drama.   

Scripted shenanigans? You know there's always a character cast that waffles on coming or not. All to create drama.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Don't forget the plaster cast of her vulva she had sitting out in her living room. 

What the hell was up with that?  I think she was actually IN THE HOTEL and wasn't answering her phone.  "She's always late."  Fuck "she's always late."  At least answer your damn phone--it's no doubt no more than 2 inches from your hand.  Even if you're waffling on whether to go--answer the damn phone and say you're waffling.  Don't make the poor girl wonder if you're in the emergency room somewhere. 

Producer shenanigans.

• Like 1
On 1/7/2023 at 2:53 PM, Elizzikra said:

Pepper did ask about the empty closet - that’s when he admitted his mom does his laundry…

An entire closet of clothes? Not buying it. His mom does his laundry because he most likely lives with his mom! 😁

• Like 10

Kirsten seemed to have on an engagement ring so I guess the footage of him picking it & her receiving it was cut unless they're gunna replay and extend the beginning of their wedding. 🤔🧐

On 1/6/2023 at 7:39 AM, Mr. Miner said:

I imagine if a guy started requesting a specific type of vagina it would probably end up on the editing room floor.

I'm not so sure about that, given the tone MAFS has taken recently. Definitely too much genital talk. I'm looking at you, Airris.

• Like 2
On 1/7/2023 at 12:20 PM, bichonblitz said:

C'mon now. Why would the therapists choose a guy that has no clothes in his closet? Just an overnight bag of clothes? He clearly did not live there! So why didn't they dig more to find out what his deal is? Where does he really live? With a girlfriend? Home with mama? On a friends couch?  He is hiding his life and I can't believe he was  matched. I'm already pissed off. 

Seems like both Airris and Mackinley are short-term Nashville residents i.e. moved there for the show. Mack is staying with friends or something? At least he's not living in his car!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Dollar Store Chuck Norris (brilliant name) said he is a "Professional Life Liver".

Took me a second to realize that wasn't liver as in organ donation.

Here's my cheat sheet on who's who:

• Shaquille and Kirsten: bald beard dapper Christian "no baldies" 8" real estate beauty with matching ego 
  • Domynique and Mackinley: 25 cutie party girl + jilted no job TV star wannabe
  • Gina and Clint: high maintenance go-getter + hairy sailorboy scrub (forever to be known as Dollar Store Chuck Norris thanks to Spunky) 
  • Nicole and Chris: alotalotalotreallyalot + nice nerdy roadkill
  • Airris and Jasmine: cheekbone party boy + beauty pageant cheerleader

I hope that's right. Kept mixing up Jasmine and Kirsten because one is a beauty queen and the other is a size queen.

Couldn't remember their professions other than Kirsten being in real estate, Airris is a software engineer, Gina hair salon.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2023 at 4:14 AM, silverspoons said:

I always hope a season will produce good couples and try to forget the last season. How could they match two men that were in relationships and having sex until the day they were told they were picked? and another man having sex in the two week timeframe (maybe the night before, if you believe the after party talk). Did they learn nothing after  DC Katie and Chris and the baby. is it that hard for people really wanting marriage to not have sex for 2 months while in the matching process? 

I don't remember ever actively disliking this many participants so early in the season. If you're f*cking what I assume to be strangers after having applied to this show, you don't really want to be married. You just want to get laid.

• Like 4
On 1/5/2023 at 5:04 PM, Shauna said:

Domynique calls her mom on her way to work, during her lunch break, and on the way home from work?  And this is a woman who is ready to be married? 

Her mom signed her up so D. would stop calling her and call her husband instead.

• LOL 6
6 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

I don't remember ever actively disliking this many participants so early in the season. If you're f*cking what I assume to be strangers after having applied to this show, you don't really want to be married. You just want to get laid.

That is so true. This season they are not even pretending that most of these matches are not going to be disasters. 

1 hour ago, kikicat said:

Took me a second to realize that wasn't liver as in organ donation.

Lol, I know.  I thought the same thing,

However, it is what Dollar Store Chuck said.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, kikicat said:

Seems like both Airris and Mackinley are short-term Nashville residents i.e. moved there for the show. Mack is staying with friends or something? At least he's not living in his car!

Well, that's great. Deceive the viewers from the start. If the show is taking place in Nashville then find your matches from Nashville. They don't have to be natives but at least people that genuinely live and work there.  Otherwise just do a national show and move all the participants to what ever town they want for 8 weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
26 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, that's great. Deceive the viewers from the start. If the show is taking place in Nashville then find your matches from Nashville. They don't have to be natives but at least people that genuinely live and work there.  Otherwise just do a national show and move all the participants to what ever town they want for 8 weeks. 

I'm not watching this season but I am reading the threads.  I seem to remember them doing this in most seasons, just keeping some of it under wraps.  Even on season 2 which was supposed to be in NYC, Sean lived in NJ and Ryan lived on Long Island.  There have been many more like that.  I think the show should do more seasons out West like Denver or Seattle, or Midwestern cities like Indianapolis or Minneapolis, or do shows that are state-based instead of city-based.  I know they plan to branch out next time again but one of the reasons I'm not watching this season is I'm just so tired of them being in the South.  No offense to the South, I'd just like to see more different cultures and scenery for a change.

I also think they have to branch out because some of these cities are too expensive even for young professionals to live in.  NY is definitely a case in point as was Boston.  I know some of them in the Boston seasons came from the greater Boston area, not the city of "Boston Proper", which is actually a very small area within that area.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, kikicat said:

(forever to be known as Dollar Store Chuck Norris thanks to Spunky)

I think the dash of Bradley Cooper should be acknowledged.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, Shauna said:

Producer shenanigans.

On 1/9/2023 at 3:20 AM, Lurk said:

Scripted shenanigans? You know there's always a character cast that waffles on coming or not. All to create drama.

I'm not sure at that point Mom had been around the producers enough to be their victim.  Regardless, I would hope that no amount of producer "input" would compel my mother to be that cruel to me.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:20 PM, qtpye said:

However, it is what Dollar Store Chuck said.

He actually said that himself? I assumed it was a MAFS invention, lol. Like when Bachelor would call people "Pantsapreneur" or "Professional Laugher" or "Chicken Enthusiast". (Only 2 of 3 are real)

On 1/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think the dash of Bradley Cooper should be acknowledged.

Agreed. He's kinda sorta the best-looking of the bunch IMO. Slim pickings.

• LOL 2
On 1/9/2023 at 2:15 AM, qtpye said:

And Cal said they're a great couple because they're both "passionate about their careers" 🤣

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, kikicat said:

He actually said that himself? I assumed it was a MAFS invention, lol. Like when Bachelor would call people "Pantsapreneur" or "Professional Laugher" or "Chicken Enthusiast". (Only 2 of 3 are real)

Agreed. He's kinda sorta the best-looking of the bunch IMO. Slim pickings.

I usually really like men with longish hair, but I found nothing attractive about this guy.  And his wedding garb seemed a bit too casual and messy to me, complete with pant legs that were way too long.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, cinsays said:

I usually really like men with longish hair, but I found nothing attractive about this guy. 

He looks decent enough once he's been up and had time to do something to his hair, but when they showed him in bed, with his hair all out on the pillow, he looked like one of those Geico caveman.

On 1/8/2023 at 9:26 AM, Starlight925 said:

I absolutely freaking adoooore Keisha KP.  And her husband is to die for.  Normally, I hate all the extraneous guests they have on AP, but her husband can stay on all season, as he's not only a super hottie, he had so many meaningful things to say.

That's too funny, cuz I had the exact opposite reaction.  It felt to me to be so shoe-horned in to have him there and trying to participate!

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

He looks decent enough once he's been up and had time to do something to his hair, but when they showed him in bed, with his hair all out on the pillow, he looked like one of those Geico caveman.

lol, well I kinda sorta had a crush on the Geico caveman once upon a time, so that tracks. Agreed that he needs to groom himself and wear decent clothes. Though it's his character that's the biggest no for me.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 1/9/2023 at 2:52 PM, kikicat said:

Airris and Jasmine: cheekbone party boy + beauty pageant cheerleader

LOVE this description of Airris.  Totally fits.

All the talk about vaginas among the men was a bit crude.  And not one of them even mentioned the clitoris.  Which is pretty dang important.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I thought Kirsten was fishing for a compliment when she asked Shaq why he was laughing at the altar. She's a beautiful lady & every bride wants to hear compliments about her appearance from her groom. However, I thought it was mean considering she clearly wasn't physically attracted to him & made a point to give him her cheek to kiss--- which was the signal to her entire wedding party that she didn't like the way he looked. 

• Like 4
On 1/15/2023 at 1:55 PM, lh25 said:

LOVE this description of Airris.  Totally fits.

All the talk about vaginas among the men was a bit crude.  And not one of them even mentioned the clitoris.  Which is pretty dang important.

This is explains so much, though.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3