Type keyword(s) to search

The Watchful Eye - General Discussion

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, RedInk said:

I don’t have a clue what’s happening in this show, but I’m still here watching - or half-watching, I guess, because I’m obviously missing entire chunks of the storylines. It feels like it’s not really a mystery because you can’t possibly guess anything. This complex has everything - vendettas, shady criminal pasts, murder, ghosts. We’ve possibly dropped the ghosts. I don’t even know. 
Did the people beating the man (no idea who they are) not see Elena? I thought they looked at her just as her creepy boyfriend dragged her away. Was he just there? Did they explain that? And how is Elena connected to Roman? I thought they met at work, but now they’re in it together? Maybe I missed a whole episode 🫤 Also, that was the lamest ball ever. There were about 30 people there. How did those nannies  expect to just blend. Especially nanny friend with the name I can’t be bothered to remember who’s always worried about her job but looked exactly like her own self at this masquerade - hair and all.  

I thought the creepy boyfriend was with the people doing the beating. Maybe that doesn't make sense though. It did look like they saw Elena, but only for a second and she had the mask on, so I guess they wouldn't know who she was? They didn't explain why Scott was there, they seem to want to keep him creepy.

I am not even sure who they were beating?

The nanny worried about her job should have just said something like "Of course I'm Mrs. Chan" and walked away before Tori could figure out who she was. And definitely worn a better costume.

It was a lame ball, with even lamer security. It didn't seem like you needed to show your tickets to get in, and if so, you clearly didn't need to show ID. Then someone took Elena's phone from the check desk when she still had the ticket. How could they have even done that?

• Like 2

I have no idea what's going on, either, and I'm tired of the CW type of thing, with an excuse for everyone to dress up for a party or something, every week. 

I'm only halfway through the episode, and I'm leaving it at that, because I need to try to sleep. Do we know how long Elena has been involved with the detective? It sounds like he knows her whole family, and they've been together a while. 

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

It was Tory that caught Ginny at the ball. Isn't Charlotte Mrs. Ivy (Emily Gilmore)? She was at home by then almost catching Roman breaking into her apartment.

I thought it was Charlotte Ivey who was checking out at the same time as Ginny who was told "Have a good night, Ms. Chan," by the phone check woman. That must've been one of the many times I fell asleep.😂

Edited by bilgistic
  • LOL 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, RedInk said:

This complex has everything - vendettas, shady criminal pasts, murder, ghosts.

<snip>

Especially nanny friend with the name I can’t be bothered to remember who’s always worried about her job but looked exactly like her own self at this masquerade - hair and all.

The first sentence made me laugh and laugh.

I couldn't believe how preposterous Ginny's "costume" was; she dresses in a weird robe over her dress every day.

I get it's just the actress's face, and as the owner of a resting bitch face myself, I feel for her, but she always has a sour look.

10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I am not even sure who they were beating?

They were beating Dick (hahahahaha), who is Tory's husband.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Useful 1

Elena brought Roman in to replace the dead doorman; they knew each other beforehand. They pretended not to know each other when they first "met" at work, for obvious reasons.

According to the flashback at the beginning of episode two, Elena and Scott met only six months ago when he brought her in to the station as an accessory to seven counts of fraud (she was helping her mother). He knew she could be useful to him in to the plan to steal the ruby, so proposed a "mutually beneficial arrangement" (which he insisted didn't involve sexual favors). The romantic/sexual relationship started at some point after that, so it's still pretty new.

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Cranberry said:

Elena brought Roman in to replace the dead doorman; they knew each other beforehand. They pretended not to know each other when they first "met" at work, for obvious reasons.

According to the flashback at the beginning of episode two, Elena and Scott met only six months ago when he brought her in to the station as an accessory to seven counts of fraud (she was helping her mother). He knew she could be useful to him in to the plan to steal the ruby, so proposed a "mutually beneficial arrangement" (which he insisted didn't involve sexual favors). The romantic/sexual relationship started at some point after that, so it's still pretty new.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I just remembered that Jasper had CERAMICS CLASS this week! Between piano lessons, learning Mandarin, ceramics class, and tennis(?), that kid must be exhausted!

I'm convinced that all these classes are meant to be somewhat of a joke from the writers (to keep the kid occupied so Elena can sneak around), and I hope they continue to get weirder. Same for the names of the kids he has playdates and sleepovers with.

I also think it's funny that we're only six episodes in and this many people realize Elena is acting shady. She's going to end up splitting the profit from the ruby multiple ways at this point; she'll be lucky if she can afford a cheap vacation.

• Like 3

S01.E07: Out Like a Light
107_the-watchful-eye_photo01.jpg

A blackout at The Greybourne traps Elena, Roman, Bennet, Ginny and Kim in the attic. Tory and Matthew grow closer. Alex makes a disturbing connection.

Premiere Date: March 6, 2023    Freeform    10pm 

My speculation stands that (Jocelyn and Alistair's daughter) Ruby is

Spoiler

Charlotte. Charlotte even mentioned her mother dying her red hair brown when she was a child. Maybe Alistair decided he would raise the child with Mrs. Alistair because she couldn't have children or...who knows. Jocelyn being the nanny to her own child isn't that weird for rich people.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

I don't really mind the ghost aspect, but I don't think this show needs it. In this episode, Elena realized the step made a different sound when she walked on it, and only then did she figure out the "sixth step" clue. She could very easily have pulled the step up without reading that.

I agree with @bilgistic -- the age lines up. Red hair would inspire the name.

I feel like this show isn't trying to do a big twist kind of thing, but is just laying out all the clues for us to put together. I hope so, anyway. I always prefer a resolution that the audience can figure out and that makes sense over one that's just for shock value.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Wait, how did Ginny know where Det. Shady lives??! 😳

Right! And why would she decide to go to him specifically when she doesn't even know him? I've always thought she might be shady or know something.

I loved this episode. Nothing beats a power outage and people stuck places!

Yea, Mrs. Ivey is totally Ruby. I wonder if she knows? What was up with her looking super evil while ignoring Elena being stuck in the secret tunnel?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right! And why would she decide to go to him specifically when she doesn't even know him? I've always thought she might be shady or know something.

She does know he's involved with Elena (she asked her about it in episode five after seeing them together both at the bar and in the elevator at the Greybourne), so it's not completely out of the blue that she'd seek him out. However, I can't remember if she knew his name/if he was a detective, so something shady could definitely be going on.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Cranberry said:

She does know he's involved with Elena (she asked her about it in episode five after seeing them together both at the bar and in the elevator at the Greybourne), so it's not completely out of the blue that she'd seek him out. However, I can't remember if she knew his name/if he was a detective, so something shady could definitely be going on.

Oops lol. I just rewatched that scene and Elena just says he’s a guy she’s been seeing and that they’re having problems.

I wouldn't call that shocking, but it all made sense, so I'm good with it.

Mrs. Ivey is clearly used to hearing ghosts. I wonder if that means she's spoken to Jocelyn and knows full well she's not a Winthrop.

I did think the Tamarama Beach exchange in the elevator was odd, but I had no idea that James was shady. I have no idea how he ties into all this.

That fancy watch Darcy showed Elliot will have to come into play at some point, right? You don't introduce "the most complex watch ever made" in episode 3 with two closeups of its face, make a point of revealing that the key-in-painting mechanism was created by a watchmaker, show the watch again in episode 8, and have it mean nothing.

I like how every character is tied to the main mystery somehow.

• Like 1

I’m over here trying to figure out why the baby in the photo with Jocelyn is several months older than the newborn she’s holding when she dies. I’m sure it’s just a continuity error, but when Elena was checking the dates on the photo and the birth certificate, I’m like…is there a SECOND BABY? 😆 

• LOL 2

Is James working as Mrs. Ivey’s CI, keeping an eye on all the nannies? How else they can be connected?

There must be something more to Matthew. You don’t cast Warren Christie to play one-dimensional Matthew.

2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

That fancy watch Darcy showed Elliot will have to come into play at some point, right?

Yes. Alistair’s watchmaker must’ve included some clever mechanisms into that watch and it will help to reveal another hidden truth. Another twist is coming…

2 hours ago, RedInk said:

I’m like…is there a SECOND BABY? 😆 

Could it be Bruno’s little sister? 🤔

A9358E5F-8965-4B92-82A4-B5083ACDDC2E.jpeg

I feel like we're better detectives, than the actual detective. He needs a different job.

I doubt this is the first time that this woman has been blackmailed, so I'm not seeing this going well for Elena. 

• Like 2

Was Mrs. Ivey hearing the ghost of her mother so she played the piano to calm her down? Or did she just happen to play and they showed us the ghost?

Rich people suck. They force the nanny to give up her baby and then when they injure her, instead of calling 911 they throw her out the window?

If it came out now that Mrs. Ivey wasn't legitimate, who is really going to take her money at this point? It seems like the other heirs have plenty as well.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was Mrs. Ivey hearing the ghost of her mother so she played the piano to calm her down? Or did she just happen to play and they showed us the ghost?

Rich people suck. They force the nanny to give up her baby and then when they injure her, instead of calling 911 they throw her out the window?

If it came out now that Mrs. Ivey wasn't legitimate, who is really going to take her money at this point? It seems like the other heirs have plenty as well.

She definitely heard Ghost Jocelyn crying first and then went to the piano to start playing, just like she did when Elena was "trapped" in the same "secret" passageway to Charlotte's apartment.

Are we ever going to find out who killed Allie?

What did either Bennet or Darcy (I can't tell them apart) find that implicated Matthew in Ali's death? I know we shouldn't trust anyone on a show like this, but I feel like he is the one person who isn't lying about something. Also didn't the series start with Ali writing a suicide note before she went out the window. No note was found, so someone took it, but why would she write a note if she  was murdered?

And writing out the names of the two teenage girls together made me realize they are the last names of the two main characters in Pride and Prejudice. Coincidence, meaningful, or is someone just a fan?

Mrs. Ivey agreed to giving up $5 million dollars really fast without even asking many questions. I don't trust her.

• Like 3

Charlotte seemed like she was having some kind of psychotic episode when Elena found her in the hidden hallway/stairway.  I wouldn't consider her a reliable reporter of what she knows or doesn't know during that scene.  

On 3/24/2023 at 5:00 PM, bilgistic said:

But she seemed to know what Elena was talking about when Elena said "your real birth certificate." And then immediately agreed to pay Elena $5 million for it.

I always assume when people say they can pay after they “move things around,” the blackmailer needs to watch his/her back. Of course I know even filthy rich people can’t necessarily write a check for $5M, but in TV world they rip it right out of the book like it’s no big thing. 

Edited by RedInk
Typo
  • Like 3

S01.E10: Hale Fellow Well Met

(Season Finale)
the-watchful-eye-season-1-episode-10-sea
In the season finale, alliances are tested, and new ones are formed. The Greybourne will never be the same after a tidal wave of truth finally comes out.

Premiere Date: March 27, 2023    Freeform    10pm 

Gosh Tory, that’s messy! You shouldn’t have done that. Dick belongs in jail. And you should never trust Elena for a big secret like this. She’s so sloppy.

Darcy is a b!tch huh, poor Elliot.

Am disappointed with Matthew’s character, it’s one-note. I was expecting more of him in the finale. Warren Christie is way too talented for this.

Not looking forward to Ronnie and Teo’s antics if the show is renewed.

I have just realized that the Roman actor also played young Will in Will Trent. 🫢

• Like 3

Wow this just went from finding treasure in a haunted building to a murder mystery type drama. I didn't think it would take such a weird turn in the final episode. I'm not sure if this will be renewed coz I can't really foresee what will happen to the characters. I think they tried to tie up most of the loose ends in a mediocre way and end on a shock moment just in case the show does not get renewed?

Also, I dont understand how the characters are always wandering around so much but never hear anything. Darcy is still inside the house after meeting Elliot at the door but then does not hear anything with whatever was happening with Tory and Dick. Even after Elena comes into the house looking for her. Bennet had already left by then so that makes sense. 

I always wondered, Elena sure has a lot of energy making so many trips in & out of the building so many times in a single day. And did she leave Jasper all by himself at home when she was out? She's extremely chill even after all that happened with James.

In what world is Tory not pretty enough?  It is creepy that what's his name dated both of them. And, as much as that guy should be in jail, instead of dead, it was refreshing to see this woman attack him on behalf of the sister he murdered. For personal reasons (my own sister, long story).

I had wondered if one of the girls was involved. These shows that are twisty, usually bring someone out of left field. She also saw something on his computer, but I don't know what that was. 

At least this doesn't have people asking if there were really supernatural happenings. Ruby was speaking to her mother, they had a conversation, unless that was supposed to be in her head (but I don't think it was). Jasper's mum watching Elena with her son. 

Tory, you are not thinking straight. If you wanted to kill your husband let him die from the drink you gave him instead of giving him the allergy shot. You could claim it was an accident that he drank it. Hiding a bloody body is much harder. And, "we're gonna need a shovel?" Nice dramatic line, but you are in Manhattan. Where are you going to bury him?

And Elena, why go to Tory with the info? You don't know how she will react. She might kill you. Go to the cops. Unless she is just going to use it to get more money? I was thinking she wanted to help Matthew over getting rich.

The fact that Elena was given hallucinogenic doesn't explain her seeing the ghost. She wouldn't have known what the ghost looked like. It also doesn't explain why Mrs. Ivey was seeing her. So I think ghosts are real on this show.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Anela said:

She also saw something on his computer, but I don't know what that was. 

Am assuming the spy cams in Matthew/Allie’s apartment were planted by Dick. Darcy saw a footage of Dick being in their apartment during the time Allie jumped. She framed Matthew to save her dad.

One thing that doesn’t make sense - Darcy was supposed to be home during the whole time Tory was arguing with Dick. Why didn’t she come out and help him??! 🤔

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am assuming the spy cams in Matthew/Allie’s apartment were planted by Dick. Darcy saw a footage of Dick being in their apartment during the time Allie jumped. She framed Matthew to save her dad.

One thing that doesn’t make sense - Darcy was supposed to be home during the whole time Tory was arguing with Dick. Why didn’t she come out and help him??! 🤔

Ali's death was ruled a suicide and no one was suspecting her dad at all, so it's pretty harsh to frame an innocent man for it. If anything it just opens an investigation into something most people had forgotten about.

Although, a letter saying Ali was afraid of her husband is pretty weak evidence. It's not even proof she was murdered, she could have been so scared it messed with her dead and led to her jumping. I can't imagine a jury convicting over that.

• Like 1
On 4/29/2023 at 7:54 AM, NeenerNeener said:

I know it's been a month since this finale, but why did they hire two guys who look so much alike to play the shady detective and the grieving widower? 

Hopefully, I may know soon.  I just found this show.  I wish I had found it when it premiered.  

• Like 1