Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I was going through some of my mother's old cookbooks today. I found this diet in one of them:

18 Day Diet.jpg

I keep seeing people posting all over social media about the carnivore diet. It sounds incredibly unhealthy. This is better

Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Good Lord I am not overweight and I would be hungry all the time eating that

Vogue magazine used to run this diet periodically. It was called 'The Stewardess' Diet" in the early 70s.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Good Lord I am not overweight and I would be hungry all the time eating that

It seemed a little light for anyone wrangling kids or working outside the home, even in a sedentary job. It did remind me that I had cucumber in the fridge that I need to eat before it goes bad. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Screw This!!!  There's some ice cream calling my name.

I just polished off one scoop.  Delicious. 

My food of choice when I am watching a show about people who weigh over 1/4 of a ton.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Sometimes I reminisce and wonder why The Learning Channel went out of business.  It was really good. 🤷🏽‍♀️

It all appeared to happen to the decent cable channels after 911.  I've heard that they lost a lot of money so then they changed their programming drastically.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

a) his whole life IS depending on this

b) why would they have him undress and gown up for his weigh-in if he didn't make it?  Manufactured drama.  I expect he narrowly lost just enough for Dr. Now to decide to do surgery. 

• Like 6
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Are you sure you weren't just looking at his back titties?

Well those are bad enough on their own , but add bad ink, it's just perfection on a lovely man like this one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
Just now, Hellga said:

a) his whole life IS depending on this

b) why would they have him undress and gown up for his weigh-in if he didn't make it?  Manufactured drama.  I expect he narrowly lost just enough for Dr. Now to decide to do surgery. 

Its bullshit drama. No hospital is gonna do all that prep and then put you in a scale and say nope

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I was going through some of my mother's old cookbooks today. I found this diet in one of them:

18 Day Diet.jpg

OMG the grapefruit diet! I remember my mom and all her friends trying it. They didn’t stick with it very long but it was all the rage for a while.

Edited by JJ1
  • Like 7
Just now, mmecorday said:

Every time I see that commercial for Pataday, I start saying, "Pataday, Patasay, baker's man. Save me from this pollen fast as you can." 

FIFY

(This allergy season is horrific.)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh gosh. I haven't watched this show for a few years. Hi to all the folks I recognize from prior times!

This guy is another installment of "eat, whine, offer excuses. Rinse and repeat." At least he can get out of bed, get dressed in real clothes, walk, and drive a car, and doesn't live in filth. I burned out on the show after watching just too many super-f*cked-up participants. 

Patrick's comfort zone is obesity and his drug is food. Not looking good, with eight minutes left in the episode.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

No grapes! I knew they were bad for the diet 😂 plus they make fire in the microwave 

Speaking of fire, there were multiple fires that affected NJ Transit train lines today, and I just googled and realized one of them is in a town about 11 miles away. Might be where the wood smoke I'm smelling outside is coming from (it's not exactly warm but I wouldn't think there'd be too many fireplaces going). Somehow it's sneaking into my house, I guess. (Maybe the furnace vent? Seemed to be smelling it around there.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

No hospital is gonna do all that prep and then put you in a scale and say nope

Having just had surgery last month, I had 2 pre-surgery appointments, including one for anesthesia, and one cardiac appointment. Had any of them presented an issue, they would have rescheduled. I might even have been put on new meds. No way would they have me show up at the hospital just to tell me they found a problem 3 weeks ago.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m desperately trying to keep my eyes open. The drive into Boston this afternoon is doing me in.

We were so exhausted today after our adventures in Providence yesterday. I did nothing. Dragged my capacious ass out of bed, did my Spanish lesson on Duolingo, read my book and took a nap. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

Having just had surgery last month, I had 2 pre-surgery appointments, including one for anesthesia, and one cardiac appointment. Had any of them presented an issue, they would have rescheduled. I might even have been put on new meds. No way would they have me show up at the hospital just to tell me they found a problem 3 weeks ago.

Right. No way would they wait til that day to say yea or nay. Surgery scheduling is so tight, there's not a chance

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

We were so exhausted today after our adventures in Providence yesterday. I did nothing. Dragged my capacious ass out of bed, did my Spanish lesson on Duolingo, read my book and took a nap. 

I missed my usual nap today and then I accidentally on purpose feel asleep this afternoon on my recliner for about an hour.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, aliya said:

Please don't say that word. My hairdresser of 7 years told me today that she's leaving. I almost had a tantrum on the floor of the salon. 

I'm so traumatized I may need some Reese's thin cups with a diet Pepsi chaser.

When you see someone whose hair looks like yours and you like the style, ask her where she gets it “did” (as the Slaton Sisters say) 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

It all appeared to happen to the decent cable channels after 911.  I've heard that they lost a lot of money so then they changed their programming drastically.

Were any of their offices in the World Trade Center? Not snarking about this, I just wondered if that had anything to do with it. 

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

WHAT is that tattoo on his back? It looked kind of obscene.

He lives in Columbus, GA, I guess he went to the cheap tattoo shops, a lot.  I bet the beginning tattoo artists were cheaper. 

I can't believe Patrick got surgery from Dr. Now, it won't change anything in his life. 

Patrick will eat through his surgery in no time.   Now Amanda looks like she gained a lot too.    How sad.  Being trapped in the apartment with Patrick is not good for her. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7
  • Useful 3
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

He lives in Columbus, GA, I guess he went to the cheap tattoo shops, a lot. 

I can't believe Patrick got surgery from Dr. Now, it won't change anything in his life. 

Patrick will eat through his surgery in no time. 

Absolutely. He doesn't have the drive to keep up with the diet

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

My rhinoplasty last December was my first surgery.  It took 3 hours and I woke up talking about Instagram.  

I've been watching the Alex Murdaugh trial, with all the talk about SLED. I just knew I was gonna be repeating "SLED" in recovery and the nurses would wonder what the heck I was talking about. 

• LOL 4