Type keyword(s) to search

Queen Of Versailles Reigns Again - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Eighteen years after breaking ground in Florida on the largest single family home in America, Jackie Siegel and her family are determined to finally finish their 90,000 square-foot palace known as Versailles.

Just finished the first episode and I'm not sure if I'm going to continue watching.  Has anyone watched this show?  Are there any redeeming qualities?

• Like 1

I binged the first six episodes (not sure if there are more.) It has all the hallmarks of a cheap reality show; lots of filler shots of locations, and staged situations. The dad of the whole mess is even nastier than he showed himself to be in the original documentary.
I was delighted to read that Hurricane Ian wrecked a good part of the as-yet unfinished “house”!

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2022/10/01/versailles-mega-mansion-suffers-10m-in-hurricane-ian-damages/

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Watched the first episode, half of the second, then skipped to the last and fast forwarded most of it. 

In the realm of reality shows, this one falls on the scale of fakery somewhere between Bridezillas and Love After Lockup. "Oh, look...we have a fake deadline to create a couple of fake rooms for a "party" that only family members were invited to in a house that no one is every going to live in."

This woman is absolute human garbage. 

On 1/1/2023 at 12:26 PM, Dianaofthehunt said:

I was delighted to read that Hurricane Ian wrecked a good part of the as-yet unfinished “house”!

Well, at least something good happened in Ian's wake!

I started watching out of morbid curiosity and couldn't look away.  I truly want to understand how she can spend so much when I believe they're more or less broke.  Her clothes look cheap, her jewelry has to be fake and the "scholarship" she gave that kid in her daughter's name?  A whopping 500 dollars.  I just want to know the scam that allows them to live so extravagantly.

The kids seem pretty grounded though.

I had forgotten these people existed until the show's title popped up while scrolling.  What's the point of continuing with this white elephant of a "house"? The kids are closer in age to moving away from home and I doubt the Siegel's run-in social circles that require a full-size ballroom for entertaining. I hope the folks Jackie Siegel hired demanded cash up front. 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 3

I think Jackie just wanted to be on tv again. How many times have they had to redesign due to the kids ages or weather damage? 

I remember in the original documentary there were little moments where Jackie’s filter dropped and I wanted to know more. The story about the co-worker creating that countdown clock, the one childhood friend she somewhat stayed in contact with. I find that Jackie interesting. The Jackie who wanted more from life than a computer lab, happy hour after work and a countdown to the day she can retire. It’s like she traded one dreadful job for another. Keeping up the bimbo facade has to be exhausting. 

• Like 2
On 1/2/2023 at 9:23 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I truly want to understand how she can spend so much when I believe they're more or less broke.  

These people are in no way broke. David Siegel, the only source of Jackie's money, has a net worth of $940 million

They claimed "poverty" in the documentary, Queen of Versailles.

They were lying.  

On 1/5/2023 at 5:29 AM, Giant Misfit said:

These people are in no way broke. David Siegel, the only source of Jackie's money, has a net worth of $940 million

Yeah, I'm skeptical of that figure.  Not saying they're average American "broke" but I don't believe a 940M worth for one second.  Forbes always inflates a scammers' worth.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:43 AM, MissAlmond said:

I hope the folks Jackie Siegel hired demanded cash up front. 

Right!  I get the feeling that their estimated worth is all smoke and mirrors.  I'll bet none of those contractors is getting paid what they're owed. 

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
  • Like 3