Type keyword(s) to search

History Of The World Part II - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A variety series follow-up to the classic Mel Brooks comedy film, which was made up of segments set during different periods of world history. The eight-episode show will be executive produced and written by Brooks, Nick Kroll, Wanda Sykes, Ike Barinholtz, David Stassen and Kevin Salter.

Hulu.

The 8-episode comedy series that stars Mel Brooks, Wanda Sykes, Nick Kroll, and Ike Barinholtz premieres March 6 with two episodes. Two new episodes will then drop daily, with the finale planned for March 9.

Additional cast includes Pamela Adlon, Tim Baltz, Zazie Beetz, Jillian Bell, Quinta Brunson, Dove Cameron, D’Arcy Carden, Ronny Chieng, Rob Corddry, Danny  DeVito, David Duchovny, Hannah Einbinder, Jay Ellis, Josh Gad, Kimiko Glenn, Brandon Kyle Goodman, Jake Johnson, Richard Kind, Johnny Knoxville, Lauren Lapkus, Jenifer Lewis, Poppy Liu, Joe Lo Truglio, Jason Mantzoukas, Ken Marino, Jack McBrayer, Zahn McClarnon, Charles Melton, Kumail Nanjiani, Brock O’Hurn, Andrew Rannells, Emily Ratajkowski, Sam Richardson, Nick Robinson, Seth Rogen, Sarah Silverman, Timothy Simons, J.B. Smoove, David Wain, Taika Waititi, Reggie Watts and Tyler James Williams.

• Like 1

History of the World, Part II   March 6, 2023   Hulu

Episodes 1-2    Titles and Description

S01.E01: I
0da0269051b_706x397.jpg
history-of-the-world-part-ii-kumail-nanjGeneral Grant heads out in search of a drink; After the Russian Tsar is executed, Shmuck Mudman and his family head to Moscow; Shakespeare's Writers Room; Invention of Fire; The REAL Kama Sutra.

S01.E02: II
3015c5dadd7_706x397.jpg

Judas betrays Jesus; Shirley Chisholm makes a big announcement. General Grant finds himself in trouble and Marco Polo meets Kublai Khan.

History of the World, Part II   March 7, 2023   Hulu

Episodes 3-4    Titles and Description

S01.E03: III
History-of-the-World-Part-2-020623.jpg
Alexander Graham Bells makes (and receives) a call; Shmuck Mudman gains access to the politburo; Sigmund Freud teaches psychoanalysis.

S01.E04: IV
1450c1cbcd8_706x397.jpg

Jesus and Mary fall in love; Shmuck and Fanny Mudman change the course of Russian history; How the Pyramids were built.

History of the World, Part II   March 8, 2023   Hulu

Episodes 5-6    Titles and Description

S01.E05: V
7a908ca9cdc_706x397.jpg
Galileo is on TikTok; General Grant gets rescued; Shirley Chisholm meets George Wallace.

S01.E06: VI
070207a2d70_706x397.jpg

Amelia Earhart's fate revealed; Jesus and the Fab 13 try to record the last sermon; The Civil War ends; Statues get removed.

History of the World, Part II   March 9, 2023   Hulu
Episodes 7-8    Titles and Description
S01.E07: VII

6a4bb07a030_706x397.jpg

Middle East peace (and lunch) in Oslo; Shirley Chisholm heads to the Watergate; Jesus and the band play their final concert.

S01.E08: VIII
Screen-Shot-2023-02-07-at-3.50.37-PM.png

The Berlin Wall comes down; Christianity gets a makeover; Shirley Chisholm speaks at the DNC.

Mel Brooks as Padre Torquemada
Nick Kroll as Judas / Schmuck Mudman / Steven Santelmo / Galileo
history-of-the-world-part-ii-nick-kroll-
Ike Barinholtz as General Ulysses S. Grant / Alexander Graham Bell / Leon Trotsky / Mark
Ike-Barinholtz-History-Of-The-World-Part
Timothy Simons as President Lincoln
Nick Robinson as Robert Todd Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln's son
History-of-the-World-Part-II-3.jpg
Scott MacArthur as Fleetus  
Tim Baltz as Union Soldier
Tyler James Williams as Union Soldier
Zahn McClarnon as Union Soldier
Jack Black as Joseph Stalin
Wanda Sykes as Shirley Chisholm / Harriet Tubman
history-of-the-world-part-ii-wanda-sykes
Jay Ellis as Jesus Christ
hotw2_prod101air106_ae_18685rt-scaled.jp
Zazie Beetz as Mary Magdalene
?width=860&size=1.5&pixel_ratio=1.5
JB Smoove as Luke
MV5BNWQwNmIyMzktZWYwYi00Yzg1LWFhYzgtMzYw
Mary Holland as Typhoid Mary 
Danny DeVito is Tsar Nicolas Romanoff II
EP-230309999.jpg
Dove Cameron as Princess Anastasia
Charles-Dove-History-Of-World-4-2048x135
Charles Melton as Joshy  
Taika Waititi as Sigmund Freud
Review-History-of-World-sequel-updates-b
Josh Gad as William Shakespeare 
c4046ab49b9f126a8366e766d018b212
Johnny Knoxville as Rasputin
EP-230309999.jpg
Ana Ortiz as Tsarina Alexandra 
Hannah Einbinder as Amelia Earhart
History-of-the-World-Part-II-011323-2.jp
Ronny Chieng as Kublai Khan
Review-History-of-World-sequel-updates-b
Jake Johnson as Marco Polo 
Andy Daly as the Norwegian Ambassador
Seth Rogen as Noah
Noah-from-History-of-the-World-PArt-2-II
Pamela Adlon as Fanny  
AR-230309999.jpg
Tyler James Williams as Private Mason Dixon
hotw2_prod114air103_gg_00122rt-scaled.jp

Zahn McClarnon as Private Mingoes
Tim Baltz as Lt. Henry Honeybeard 

• Thanks 1
(edited)

Episode 2….WTF is up with the WV bit? The state was created in 1863 to be part of the Union. I am so confused.

Oh, Wikipedia, thanks for the interesting info.

Edited by dingochick
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, dingochick said:

Episode 2….WTF is up with the WV bit? The state was created in 1863 to be part of the Union. I am so confused.

I am not knowledgeable about the history of West Virginia, but if my quick skimming is sufficient, it seems there were a lot of West Virginians who would not be aligned with the Union, according to this information: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Virginia#Civil_War_and_split

Or am I wrong, and it was an inside joke?

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I am not knowledgeable about the history of West Virginia, but if my quick skimming is sufficient, it seems there were a lot of West Virginians who would not be aligned with the Union, according to this information: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_West_Virginia#Civil_War_and_split

Or am I wrong, and it was an inside joke?

I feel like I never learned that part in school, and yep, I’m from WV. We had to take a class on WV history back in the day, and it was decades ago so who knows, maybe I did learn and I just forgot it. I dunno, I think maybe I just got annoyed because it’s cool to be a state that formed during the Civil War and go with the Union…I rarely if ever think about the people who disagreed with the decision. I grew up always going to the statehood celebration day on June 20 at the Capitol so maybe that explains why…

• Useful 2
(edited)

I'm a little behind. I enjoyed E1. It wasn't screamingly funny, but I liked it. I'm watching the E2 Curb skit with JB and Kroll, and it's hilarious. I don't know who wrote it but it hits the right Curb beats. All the feet washing and Peter's one man show. I like the satire of religion a lot anyway.

I like that since it's a series and not a movie, they can do a whole lot more and a lot of different styles. 

That 90 foot phone cord was a real thing back then.

Edited by DoctorAtomic

I'm halfway through and it's pretty hit or miss for me for me.  The Hitler on Ice skit was very funny. The Larry David Show skit was also very funny,  and the Fuck the North song was great.

Edited by Morrigan2575