Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: One on One (Part 2)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Hide contents

Kody admits he married Christine because she was polygamy royalty, which Kody says was unfair…to him.

Kody might be the biggest ass ever to have assed, but he said it was unfair of him. In retrospect, he thinks he married her, because she was AUB royalty and it would make him "cool" at their church.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2

I’m not saying that I believe Kody’s version of why he abandoned the idea of reconciling with Meri after Catfish, however, I do recall the odd change of a behavior  after it happened. I have posted about that change multiple times, asking what happened.  Kody was initially showing Meri compassion.  He was forgiving and he fostered forgivenesses  in Leon!  Leon was very angry in the aftermath, but Kody showed restraint and even encouraged others to see that Meri was humiliated and deserving of a second chance.   THEN, things changed.  So, if what he claims about Christine shutting it down is untrue, what DID happen?  

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
20 hours ago, Adeejay said:

So according to Kody, no guy is going to want to date Christine, because if she gave up on a nice guy like him, then there must be something wrong with her. 

I don’t watch the show anymore, and only follow along here, but I had to comment. That is some serious gaslighting abuse BS. If the interviewer allowed that and didn’t call it out, that is beyond messed up. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not saying that I believe Kody’s version of why he abandoned the idea of reconciling with Meri after Catfish, however, I do recall the odd change of a behavior  after it happened. I have posted about that change multiple times, asking what happened.  Kody was initially showing Meri compassion.  He was forgiving and he fostered forgivenesses  in Leon!  Leon was very angry in the aftermath, but Kody showed restraint and even encouraged others to see that Meri was humiliated and deserving of a second chance.   THEN, things changed.  So, if what he claims about Christine shutting it down is untrue, what DID happen?  

FWIW, I think that if Kody wanted to reconcile, it wouldn't matter what Christine wanted. Christine was a basement wife struggling in her marriage.  I think the details sealed Meri's fate.  And I think he believes that if he took her back people would judge him negatively.

I think he started to learn more about what Meri did. The voicemails, the photos, etc were shared by JO and Kody realized that Meri was actively pursuing a romantic relationship with another man. Kody realized it could come across that he wasn't satisfying Meri. He could be judged negatively and it was all about his ego.

I think that Kody and all of the other wives took a step back. Meri had been a jerk for 25 years and she betrayed the family. So I think there wasn't forgiveness in anyone's heart. Robyn pretended there was, but we also saw how she withheld Sol from Meri afterwards.

• Like 18
  • Useful 2

Can’t believe I’m defending Kody, but after Meri’s affair, I understand how he felt betrayed and was done with her. I would do the same. Doesn’t matter if she never had sex, she was in a relationship and fully intending on leaving her family for this person. If he had been real, she’d be gone. Doesn’t matter why or how justified her leaving was or wasn’t, she cheated on her family. Honestly as soon as he asked for a divorce to marry robyn, I would’ve been gone, but yes, she did hide a relationship.

• Like 21
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

So according to Kody, no guy is going to want to date Christine, because if she gave up on a nice guy like him, then there must be something wrong with her. 

Don't worry, Kody: any of Christine's would-be dates need only watch this show to understand why she bailed. Nice of you to worry about her future love life, though! What a swell guy.

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Robyn won. But what she won was Kody . She gets what she deserves. 

Play stupid games, stupid prizes.

• Like 12
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Also, in rewatching that scene, I again noted that he completely twisted the opening line that we've heard Christine say for years and years now: "I didn't just want the man; I wanted the family." And he yells: "You said you just wanted the man and what *I* could do for *YOU*!!! You never cared about the family!"

Except he's said over on this show that Christine was the heart of the family, that she did everything for the good of the family, that she helped them keep it together.

2 hours ago, General Days said:

Kody might be the biggest ass ever to have assed, but he said it was unfair of him. In retrospect, he thinks he married her, because she was AUB royalty and it would make him "cool" at their church.

Thank you for the correction. I must have misheard!

Wow, imagine the cruelty of marrying someone because it makes you look cool and allowing someone to spend 25 years of their life trying to earn real love.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 11
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 3

Since Kody is saying he is not a polygamist anymore and he and Robyn are now monogamists, TLC needs to dump their asses and focus on the lives of the "Sister Wives" who left and are starting a new life without that toxic a-hole.  I would watch a show that featured Christine and Janelle and their offspring.  

• Like 24
7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Actually, I think she misused the phrase that she is his whipping boy; she went on to say "when one of the other wives is angry with Kody, they take it out on me;" which really means she thinks she is THEIR whipping boy. Either way, once again, Robyn is the ultimate victim in all of this.

Robyn is also an inarticulate idiot. No matter how much she blinks and scrunches up her frowny mouth there is no moisture coming out of those eyes.

9 hours ago, b2H said:

I kept waiting for any kind of moisture anywhere near her eyes.  I have three dollar bills that are less phony than she is.

And I have to wonder why exactly Kody will not talk about his relationship with Sobbyn.  What is he afraid of?  Her?  Is it possible that there will be repercussions from her if he tells the truth.

The other three are absolutely 100% better off without that loser.  They've each lost close to 200lbs of ugly fat by abandoning this loser. 

I don't think he would know what the truth was if it bit him in the arse. Delusional lying loser.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Interesting take on the "whipping boy" comment. I interpreted it in a different way entirely. I thought she meant that when he does or says something the other wives don't like, they take it out on her, that she takes the blame for what he does/says. For example the covid rules. In her mind, HE made the rules, but the other wives and kids blamed them on HER.

^^^yep this!^^

Sobyn is so damn dumb that she doesn't know the meaning of the words she tries to use.  I suspect she is just trying to parrot what Kody/ her family says to her, but doesn't get the wording quite right.

I've said it before...I'd like to dislike Sobyn for the stupid stuff she says (and does), but she doesn't seem wholey capable of even understanding her own words (and actions)

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

^^^yep this!^^

Sobyn is so damn dumb that she doesn't know the meaning of the words she tries to use.  I suspect she is just trying to parrot what Kody/ her family says to her, but doesn't get the wording quite right.

I've said it before...I'd like to dislike Sobyn for the stupid stuff she says (and does), but she doesn't seem wholey capable of even understanding her own words (and actions)

Robyn isn't the brightest bulb in the circuit, but she used "whipping boy" correctly. See the following.

7 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

Robin had the correct interpretation. A whipping boy was (supposedly) someone who took corporal punishment in place of someone else who had committed a transgression. In the instance of royalty, if the prince has done something deserving of punishment, the prince's whipping boy will receive the punishment instead. So in this case the OG wives punish Robin for things they know Kody has done, because Kody is the "king of the castle" and above reprimand.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think they will remain close because of Janelle's kids.  Now that the 180 pound wad of hair gel is out of the picture for both women, Janelle might feel like she is allowed to become friends with Christine without Kody having a hissy fit.  I'd like to think that Janelle is older and wiser and understands that her kids turned out so fantastic due in large part to Christine.  And Christine's kids seem to really care for Janelle, too.

As I mentioned in another thread it seems the Brown adults all spent the holidays separately and only Paedon is hanging with his half siblings. I'm guessing beyond filming and Plexus, the friendship has already faded. The warm feelings are likely still there though.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Interesting take on the "whipping boy" comment. I interpreted it in a different way entirely. I thought she meant that when he does or says something the other wives don't like, they take it out on her, that she takes the blame for what he does/says. For example the covid rules. In her mind, HE made the rules, but the other wives and kids blamed them on HER.

That's exactly how I interpreted it, too. Robyn is careful with Kody. She won't talk negatively about him and vice versa for him. They are a united front. Now that Robyn has him all to herself I wonder how long she will be happy. I guess as long as the show hasn't been cancelled. 

Kody is very pissed off because he wants to control this Tell All with only the questions he wants asked. Sorry, Kody. It doesn't work that way and he shouldn't be allowed to just not answer a question. You wanna get paid, buddy? Then answer the fekkin' questions!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 16
9 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

The reason I give Meri a lot of grace with the Catfish situation is because he admitted sometime in season 14 or 15 that he had emotionally abandoned her and basically spiritually "divorced" her BEFORE the catfish happened.  He admitted it.  He said she had "deceived" him from the very beginning (maybe don't marry someone you've only known for 8 weeks) and he cut himself off from her.  That's when she went online and found "Sam".  I'm not saying an emotional affair is good but most people seem to think the catfish happened and then Kody dropped her and it was the other way around.  

I’d have given her grace if she admitted she pursued it despite being warned Sam was a catfish. Leon warned her and other acquaintances warned her. Before the voicemails were lost, I listened to every single one. She wasn’t a “victim” there, that’s one thing Leon was absolutely right about. 

After seeing this episode, I hope she’s come to terms with the fact that Kody wants her to leave. He’s all but shoved her out the door. Hopefully she’s moved on and stopped pining for that asshat. I get the feeling they never should have gotten married and that it was all a psychological nightmare for them both. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That's exactly how I interpreted it, too. Robyn is careful with Kody. She won't talk negatively about him and vice versa for him. They are a united front. Now that Robyn has him all to herself I wonder how long she will be happy. I guess as long as the show hasn't been cancelled. 

Kody is very pissed off because he wants to control this Tell All with only the questions he wants asked. Sorry, Kody. It doesn't work that way and he shouldn't be allowed to just not answer a question. You wanna get paid, buddy? Then answer the fekkin' questions!

As long as Christine and Janelle are living their best lives after leaving, and in the public eye, Mr and Mrs will be able to hate on them. They'll trauma/blame bond just like always.

I'm having a horrible image of Kody ranting, Robyn's mouth turning down, sadly agreeing, softly reminding him of incidents from 10 years ago. Kody roars, flips his hair, grabs her for a wolfish kiss. Still embracing,they clumsily walk into their sacred bedroom. 45 sec later, Robyn screams, "Koody! I've achieved DESTINY!" Kody pumps his fists, "Alpha Male. YEAH."

Their hate and blame turns them on. 

IMO.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
31 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’d have given her grace if she admitted she pursued it despite being warned Sam was a catfish. Leon warned her and other acquaintances warned her. Before the voicemails were lost, I listened to every single one. She wasn’t a “victim” there, that’s one thing Leon was absolutely right about. 

After seeing this episode, I hope she’s come to terms with the fact that Kody wants her to leave. He’s all but shoved her out the door. Hopefully she’s moved on and stopped pining for that asshat. I get the feeling they never should have gotten married and that it was all a psychological nightmare for them both. 

See, I think that was a family decision, which came down from Kody, to spare him humiliation. A lot of times, Meri looked like she wanted to say more and couldn't.

Robyn had been told by her crooked assistant that Meri was having a sexual affair. There's no way that didn't reach Kody's ears, or those of the other wives. The Browns' focus on the catfishing, while pretending the emotional affair didn't exist, didn't just come from Meri. Meri felt (and I think still feels) too guilty to do that.

One of the reasons I don't think Kody and Robyn entirely made up the allegation about Christine flipping out over a possible Meri reconciliation, is I suspect the thought of competing with Meri for Kody, after Meri's emotional affair, would be offensive to Christine (to any of the wives, for that matter). 

Don't get me wrong. I think Kody and Robyn are mostly using Christine as a scapegoat for his failures, and exaggerating whatever the situation was, but if Kody did tell her he was considering a reconciliation, I also bet Christine let him have it. She has big, emotional responses to EVERYTHING-K. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Kody trying to stare down Suki when she asked about his relationship with Robyn was actually kind of chilling, in my opinion.  I would not want to be on the receiving end of having Kody's beady eyes trying to play mind games with me.  I love that she didn't blink, though, forcing Kody to do some performative crap like looking at his watch, as if telling Suki that they could sit there all day and he wouldn't talk.  He might as well have just held his breath like a toddler who doesn't want to leave the playground, for as stupid as he looked.  And then he was all, "not gonna use my words right now. Ask again later."  Again, repeating what has been said on this thread - it's a TELL ALL.  That means that the nice interviewer asks the questions and the Brown adults answer them.  Kody had no issue making up stories to tell about the Big Three but Robyn?  Saint Robyn?  Cap-in-Hand, pious, cookie-having Robyn?  Nope, nothing.  What a jerk.

The question wasn’t even controversial. She didn’t ask him to throw Robyn under the bus.   He could have just  answered  ‘ we are on the same  page about blah, blah, blah.  It’s very peaceful and fulfilling’. 
His reaction is why I think there was something that happened that he was incensed about prior to her asking that question.   I’d like to think that she asked some of the tough questions we want her to ask, but I just don’t see her doing that because she knows nothing about this family. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 16
39 minutes ago, General Days said:

Don't get me wrong. I think Kody and Robyn are mostly using Christine as a scapegoat for his failures, and exaggerating whatever the situation was, but if Kody did tell her he was considering a reconciliation, I also bet Christine let him have it. She has big, emotional responses to EVERYTHING-K. 

Totally agree. Christine is the scapegoat bc Kody will never admit he has ever done anything wrong. But if I was Christine and fighting for a marriage, and my husband was ignoring my needs, but then willing to discuss working things out with the wife who had an affair instead of talking to me about me, this ignoring the situation again, I’d have a fit too. Not that she didn’t want Meri to reconcile, but that she wanted him to work in her marriage as well. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 3

I think that when Janelle said that Kody has a tendency to look at things concerning Robyn with a myopic eye, she should have also said he listened with a myopic ear.   If it comes from Robyn's mouth or he sees she is disturbed, that is the side he is going to take.  Remember, everyone is out to get poor Robyn who only wanted a family!

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Totally agree. Christine is the scapegoat bc Kody will never admit he has ever done anything wrong. But if I was Christine and fighting for a marriage, and my husband was ignoring my needs, but then willing to discuss working things out with the wife who had an affair instead of talking to me about me, this ignoring the situation again, I’d have a fit too. Not that she didn’t want Meri to reconcile, but that she wanted him to work in her marriage as well. 

Right, and maybe Christine thought he ought to work on their marriage before giving Meri another chance. I would, if I were in her shoes.

• Like 10
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

And after Meri's shenanigans with "Sam," including plans to leave the family... she has NO grace for Christine, who has been trying to work on her marriage for years.  Meri has no right to act self-righteous when it comes to Christine's decision.  She would have been long gone if Sam had not been a catfish.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 14
1 minute ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

And after Meri's shenanigans with "Sam," including plans to leave the family... she has NO grace for Christine, who has been trying to work on her marriage for years.  Meri has no right to act self-righteous when it comes to Christine's decision.  She would have been long gone if Sam had not been a catfish.

I don't know if I agree. She didn't say anything to Christine, on the day that Christine told them she'd sold her Flagstaff house and would be moving shortly. She didn't support her, but she didn't blast her, either. She held her tongue. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" isn't the worst tact to take.

In the talking heads during Part 1, Meri was hurt and angry that Christine was giving up on the family, but to me, that's not "no grace," but rather just her emotional reaction.

In Part 2 (this week's episode), Meri sided with Christine and Janelle a few times in her one-on-ones with Suki.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

I'm getting very tired of Robyn repeatedly saying that Christine doesn't want a relationship with her or her kids.  They've played that scene back numerous times and Christine specifically mentions she doesn't want to work on the ADULT relationships RIGHT NOW.  I really hope Robyn's kids watch that scene closely, because just like everything else that comes out of her mouth, Robyn twisted it to make her appear wronged, as well as her poor innocent children.  

• Like 21

I think its human nature to want to have good guys when there is obvious bad guys, but it doesn't have to be that way. Kody and Robyn are still the villains even if the OG3 aren't completely innocent. Kody can do something right every once in a while and he still sucks. The OG3 can make mistakes here and there but it doesn't mean it wipes out their smart decisions.

I think every Brown adult has screwed up a lot over the course of 30 years. Some for sure worse than others, but IMO, in this case, it took 5 to tango.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I came here to say the same thing.  Meri has no room to talk about Christine destroying the family when she, herself was ready to ditch them all for Sam.  Christine did not go outside the group looking for love.  Christine tried to get her asshole of a husband to love her. So Meri, take several steps back and STFU.

• Like 8
  • Applause 13
48 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm getting very tired of Robyn repeatedly saying that Christine doesn't want a relationship with her or her kids.  They've played that scene back numerous times and Christine specifically mentions she doesn't want to work on the ADULT relationships RIGHT NOW.  I really hope Robyn's kids watch that scene closely, because just like everything else that comes out of her mouth, Robyn twisted it to make her appear wronged, as well as her poor innocent children.  

I don’t know why Robyn refuses to accept that Christine doesn’t want to be her friend. Right now or ever. I wouldn’t want anything to do with the catalyst who caused the demise of the family and who cause my children and me to be openly neglected for years. Maybe Christine is more forgiving and eventually will want a relationship, but I sure wouldn’t. Even after forgiving her, I’d want to forget her. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 3

I would like to hear some concrete examples from Janelle and Christine about what Robyn has actually done to them. They keep alluding to it, but we never get any examples or real information. It's frustrating. If their only beef is that Kody loves Robyn more and thinks she's perfect, than their real issue is with Kody, not Robyn. And if Robyn really has done something, say what it is. All 5 Brown adults speak in circles much of the time. Then they throw out the word "safe" to excuse themselves from having to provide a real answer. Or Kody's ridiculous excuse that admitting he only trusts Robyn will piss him off too much. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

The reason I give Meri a lot of grace with the Catfish situation is because he admitted sometime in season 14 or 15 that he had emotionally abandoned her and basically spiritually "divorced" her BEFORE the catfish happened.  He admitted it.  He said she had "deceived" him from the very beginning (maybe don't marry someone you've only known for 8 weeks) and he cut himself off from her.  That's when she went online and found "Sam".  I'm not saying an emotional affair is good but most people seem to think the catfish happened and then Kody dropped her and it was the other way around.  

True, but didn’t they also agree that Meri had asked him to stay away…before Catfish?  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, General Days said:

I don't know if I agree. She didn't say anything to Christine, on the day that Christine told them she'd sold her Flagstaff house and would be moving shortly. She didn't support her, but she didn't blast her, either. She held her tongue. "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" isn't the worst tact to take.

In the talking heads during Part 1, Meri was hurt and angry that Christine was giving up on the family, but to me, that's not "no grace," but rather just her emotional reaction.

In Part 2 (this week's episode), Meri sided with Christine and Janelle a few times in her one-on-ones with Suki.

In that moment, it looked like “no grace” to me because when Meri was struggling and threatening to leave the family, they all supported her despite their bewilderment. In their words, they “circled the wagons” and rallied around her (and then continued to walk on eggshells around her for years).

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I would like to hear some concrete examples from Janelle and Christine about what Robyn has actually done to them. They keep alluding to it, but we never get any examples or real information. It's frustrating. If their only beef is that Kody loves Robyn more and thinks she's perfect, than their real issue is with Kody, not Robyn. And if Robyn really has done something, say what it is. All 5 Brown adults speak in circles much of the time. Then they throw out the word "safe" to excuse themselves from having to provide a real answer. Or Kody's ridiculous excuse that admitting he only trusts Robyn will piss him off too much. 

I would especially like to hear concrete examples from Janelle because it's clear from the way she talks that she has some.  I would also like concrete examples from Robyn of how the evil Christine was always mean to her.  I'm not saying Christine was a perfect angel, but Robyn's statements of what went on were just as vague and possibly open to negative interpretation.  there are examples on the show of Christine going out of her way to include Robyn in things and she certainly didn't block Robyn from being there when Mykelti had her twins.

As to Meri, she really needs to own her stuff.  It's on camera that she hinted that she was going to leave the family for Sam when the family was on a trip to Alaska.  I think Kody was not happy that she was catfished, but it wasn't until the details were released that he decided there was no possibility of reconciliation.  I thought he was still visiting her after all that came out, but spent entire visits just being in a rage, so she finally told him to stay away until he cooled off.  I still don't believe he wanted to reconcile with her when they were all in Flagstaff.  I think that was made up by him and Robyn because they could see the public reaction to Christine leaving and they wanted to do damage control.  It has backfired spectacularly.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

RE: A reconciliation between Kody and Meri and Christine's reaction to it...

I could have sworn Suki described that situation to Robyn and Robyn's reply was, "That was what I was told." But when Suki asked Christine about it, Suki said that Robyn walked in on the end of the conversation??

Edited because my original post was confusing. I think Suki lied to Christine about what Robyn said in her interview.

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

RE: A reconciliation between Kody and Meri and Christine's reaction to it...

I could have sworn Suki described that situation to Robyn and Robyn's reply was, "That was what I was told." But when Suki asked Christine about it, she said that Robyn walked in on the end of the conversation??

Christine said it was a lie. Robyn says she walked into the end of the conversation not Christine.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, js9548 said:

Christine said it was a lie. Robyn says she walked into the end of the conversation not Christine.

My post was confusing. Suki said that Robyn walked in but that's not what I heard Robyn say. She said she was TOLD about it. I think Suki lied to Christine. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sobbyn does a lot of "as I understand it" and "I was told" crap.  All hearsay.  Vague accusations with no substance followed by a pseudo-tearful "they all ruined it for me" because, after all, the whole polygamist farce is all about her.  Only Sobbyn should be living her dream, everyone else should just be miserable to make it  happen and shut up about it.

• Like 15
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2023 at 2:59 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Robyn always has seemed wary if not terrified of Janelle, bc Janelle saw right through her from the start and she’s afraid janelle will call out her bullshit.

In the early days, Janelle sorted out the finances for the entire family. Money at the time was tight and the family struggled on occasion. She felt responsible for everyone. She knew another wife would drain their finances even more. And then Kody managed to find one who had 3 kids in tow, no money in the bank, a shitload of debt and no ambition to work whatsoever. Robyn had every reason to be “afraid” of Janelle and was lucky that Janelle was too kind to actively call her out on that or even veto the decision to take her in. 

I think Robyn was smart enough to realise she needed more to secure her position. Sol helped a lot, but there was nothing better than becoming the legal wife and make Kody 200% dependent of her emotionally (and more…) He has always been madly in love with her, but we have all seen how she tightened her grip on him over the past few years.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

To use Janelle's phrase ... Janelle according to GeeGolly - Janelle kind of decided from Robyn's entrance she was tired of sister wife shit and was going to walk the middle line by neither welcoming Robyn nor shunning Robyn. I think her biggest beef with Robyn is Robyn's failure to acknowledge that their marriage isn't magical or special, it doesn't work because Robyn is a great wife, it works because she fell into the sweet spot of the Brown saga. Janelle is irritated by Robyn thinking if they just all acted like Robyn all the marriages would be good, when that just isn't true.

• Like 16
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Meri has no right to act self-righteous when it comes to Christine's decision.  She would have been long gone if Sam had not been a catfish.

Kody knows this too, which is why he is so angry and unforgiving.  I can't remember exactly where he was; I believe it was at a therapist office, when he shouted at the top of his lungs, "she was gonna leave my arse."  It caught me off-guard, because it was the first time, I'd ever heard him use such language. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

None of the Browns came ready to tell-all. Even nearly a year later they are all still prickly. Well Meri is always prickly. IMO, Kody, Robyn and Christine are still in defense mode and aren't ready to share the truth. Janelle too, but not so much. Robyn might be the most twisted of the bunch because even Kody had tiny little moments of acknowledging the truth, which to me means he might actually get there. Robyn, the self-proclaimed Communication Queen seems incapable of seeing her part in this. She's the biggest gaslighter of the bunch and I find her more repulsive than Kody which is hard to do.

With that said, I don't believe a minute of Kody's revised take on the beginnings of his marriages. He loved the OG3. He is just trying to say now, that he rejected them first. Like 30 years ago, first. He really is so immature. Meri rejected me 20 years into the marriage - well I rejected her months into the marriage. Christine and Janelle rejected me 30 years into the marriage - well I rejected them before we were married. Except there's one thing Kody is getting wrong which is, marrying someone is not rejecting them. (I know he's been selling this story from the time of the book, but his little ego was tender then as well)

Also, he was no catch back then or now. Maybe he rose a tiny wee bit above the polyg crop of men, but that's not saying much at all.

(bolding mine). YES!! I can agree with this. I have noticed this some with men going through a divorce (not to gender stereotype, but its mostly men I have seen this with, not that people in general dont do it); "Well I never wanted to marry you!"

In most North American cultures in the 20th century people are not forced to get married, and when someone is forced in the patriarchal culture of fundamentalist Mormons, it's WOMEN that are forced. Kody wasnt forced to marry anyone. If he didnt want to marry them, he wouldnt have! Now he may have wanted to marry each one for different reasons, but Kody had his choice, and he wanted those women. They also wanted him (which they admitted, no one claims they were forced to marry Kody). 

Kody is such an insensitive arrogant ass, he cannot even admit "we had some good years, we all made mistakes, I wish them the best. I respect them as the mother of my kids." NOPE, it's ALL their fault. 

41 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Kody broke the rules the family had instituted to accommodate Robyn. He prioritized her and her children’s needs over his three wives and biological children.  From the very beginning, it appeared that Robyn was getting more than her fair share.  She felt entitled to a regular night with Kody as his fiancée.   She was not afraid to push for what she wanted.  She waltzed in with three kids, a mountain of debts and lots of demands. And get this, she has NEVER contributed monetarily and now, she is the legal wife and lives in a mansion complete with a nanny.  Gee, I wonder why Janelle and Christine can't stand her.

I also agree with this too. Even if the OG three couldn't stand each other at a particular point in time, each of them contributed SOMETHING. Robin contributed nothing (besides attention for the show), yet she is Kody's favorite. 

1 hour ago, procrasstinator said:

How about saying let’s build a connection by spending the day looking at wedding dresses, then trying to conceal the fact that she got Kody to pick out her dress.  She lied to them from the beginning and put her relationship with Kody above her relationship with her sister wives.  How about taking Kody away from his family when Truely was a newborn because she “needed” a long honeymoon which none of the other wives had.  And anything any of the other wives or children needed they had to understand that the “needs of the family were more important”.  Which meant that certain people’s needs were always being pushed aside in favour of certain other people’s needs.  Ysabel’s surgery is one example where Kody told her to get over herself because he had other children to think about.  She demanded more time and attention from the start.  How about playing the damsel in distress so that Kody is constantly running to her rescue whereas the other wives say it’s next to impossible to get Kody to help them with anything.  She used a poor little me approach to manipulate.  If Robyn was really the saintly sweet angel Kody claims I think she would have worked at forming real relationships with her sister wives.  She’s a little too satisfied singing her poor little me nobody likes me tune.

I agree with this too. Robyn was NOT a team player AT ALL. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 3