Type keyword(s) to search

One Tree Hill - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have been laid up from surgery for the last couple of weeks and just got done re watching all nine seasons. That ought to hold me for awhile. I'd forgotten that Dan had managed to score some redemption in his family's eyes and the walk with Keith was an fitting one.

• Love 2

Yay! I watched the whole series (which went on forever! In RL and Tree Hill Time). I'm rewatching episodes which will take a while.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I HATED Mouth. The entire run!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I never watched OTH when it was on live tv but started watching Season 1 last night.  I am about about 4 episodes in (binge watched a bit).  Good Lordy this show is a bit addictive.

My favorite characters so far are Lucas, Haley and both of the moms -- Karen and Deb.

Brooke is a little cringe-worthy at the moment.  I can't believe how much crap Peyton puts up with from Nate.

• Love 1

Yay! I would suggest sticking with it. It's a soapy, addictive, sometimes corny, sometimes funny, a lot of the times eye candy (hot guys and girls) show with sometimes great music.

Ha I loved to hate Dan he was the biggest asshole on tv for a while.

• Love 1

Okay, so I am a quarter of the way through Season 2 now.  I love the matchup between Felix and Brooke!  I like Anna but I don't like Lucas with Anna.  Every moment with Whitey seems like it will be his last.  Reading a book in a hospital about 500 things to do before you die?  Kind of heavy-handed with the foreshadowing here show.  Yeah... he's a goner. :(

Keith and Jules seem like an odd matchup.  Keith seems like such an old man compared to Jules.  Also -- is it just me or does Jules reek with the stalker / crazy person vibe?

Karen and Andy = Twu Wuv!  LOVE these two together!!

For obvious reasons, I am not buying Dan's supposed redemption.  So happy Karen called him out on his BS.

Brooke seems to be going poor very very slowly.

I'm finding Haley and Nate to be boring at the moment.  Even though Haley has now discovered her passion for singing, etc.  Hope they kick this up a notch.

Not enough Deb!  They need to give that woman a storyline!

Those are my notes for now.  For those who have watched OTH -- does season 2 get better?  Seems kind of slow compared to season 1.

Edited by MissScarlett

All of these years later and I still don't understand why Haley's parents were ok with her marrying so young. And how in the heck were they able to afford to live on their own, go to school and do extra curricular activities all at the same time? 

• Love 3

With all the scandal that went on behind the scenes I thought it might be fun to have a thread to talk about it specifically. Some of the scandals in the nine years:

Chad and Sophia get married

Chad and Sophia get divorced (5 months later after his apparent fling with Paris Hilton)

Chad gets engaged to 17 year old extra Kenzi Dalton

Sophia goes on to date both costars James Lafferty (as confirmed by Chad on a talk show) and Julian Nichols

Hilarie marries producer Ian Prange in secret... then divorces him just as secretly

Chad and Hilarie announce departure from the show after 7th season. Rumours are rife that they don't part on the best of terms.

I'm sure there's more but that's more then enough to get us going...

CMM got married again over the summer. To Sarah Roemer - I bet that extra he was engaged to forever is pissed haha.

http://talkintv.buffalonews.com/2015/01/15/surprising-news-wnyers-involved-agent-carter/

He got married over the summer to actress Sarah Roemer, who he met while making the Crackle series, “Chosen.” Roemer, who sat next to Murray during the interview, also starred as the love interest of Shia LaBeouf’s character in the 2007 film “Disturbia.”

• Love 1

Those are my notes for now. For those who have watched OTH -- does season 2 get better? Seems kind of slow compared to season1.

NH definitely get more of a storyline. It's controversial as to whether it's a better storyline. I liked the S2 story arc for NH for the most part (unpopular opinion) but that's probably because I didn't watch in in real time. I started watching live around 305 or 306 so the NH reunion wasn't drawn out for me. Haley's my favorite character so I didn't like her off screen/with limited screen time for some of the eps in s2 but I could fast forward stuff that wasn't interesting to me and get through the filler eps pretty quickly.

All of these years later and I still don't understand why Haley's parents were ok with her marrying so young.

Yeah that part makes no sense at all. So because she's never done anything hasty in her life up to this point, we should let her marry as a teenager?!?! I think that's part of why I did like that they had Haley backing out of the marriage in s2, I think she never expected her parents to say yes and then she was a little like wait, wha? I guess I'm just trying to say I don't think it's unrealistic for a 16 year old to maybe have second thoughts re marrying someone so young. She was totally vilified for it by the crazy tweener fans though. Looking back, if this show had been run by more competent people, I think it would have been interesting to split them up for more time and then have them come back together later but that probably would have ruined them for me since the writers for this show couldn't have split them up without going for the easy third party storylines. Especially since they could barely stay away from those stories even though they kept NH married.

It is strangely addicting! I haven't watched a full on ep in awhile (and frankly I could probably only watch a season 1 ep all the way through at this point) but will watch clips every so often even though the show ended awhile ago.

• Love 1

He was also either in a relationship with or engaged to Nicky Whelan who he met on that same show... obviously when that went south he went to the nearest costar.

So clearly after all these years he's still the same...

• Love 1

I don't know if this is behind-the-scenes related but didn't Bethany Joy have some issues with now-ex husband Michael Gaelotti's father?  I think he was using her celebrity status and money to fund his church.  I got the info from another OTH fan forum.

I am now half-way through season 8!  Wow... what a ride so far!  I know this isn't a popular opinion around the fan forums, but I actually find Season 8 refreshing.  I really like Alex, Quinn and Clay as additions to the cast.  I was also getting a little tired of Peyton and Lucas.  Both seemed to have been dialing it in during Season 6.

Edited by MissScarlett

I love this show! I just started watching it from the beginning for the first time since it's original run. I will say this: High def tv is not James Lafferty's friend! His skin is terrible. I never noticed during the show's original run, probably because I watched it on a twenty pound television with a VHS player attached to it :)

• Love 1

I watch daytime soaps so totally appreciate even more so now the production values of location shots and stunts and how the writing was consisting yet daring.

I have a hard time choosing a favorite character. I think I like parts of each of the 3 female leads.

I also agree letting And encouraging Haley to marry at 17 was ridiculous plus them affording a 2 bedroom furnished apartment, myriad extracurriculars, while working part time and getting straight As. Okay, Show (rolling my eyes).

Millie, Mouth, and Jamie annoyed me.

• Love 1

My niece made me watch two episodes of Grey's Anatomy today - the musical and the storm one - knowing I don't watch the show and throwing me into the dramatic plots and insanity like I'll have any idea what's going on. My revenge? One Tree Hill 4x10 "Songs to Live and Die By" where pregnant Haley gets hit by a car, Lucas has a heart attack and gets visited by ghost!Keith, Nathan thinks his fists and not the car crash killed Dante, and Dan goes to jail and gets haunted by ghost!Keith. My nieces response - "What even is this show?" I had to explain that the show started off relatively normal and the dark ages of the 2007-08 Writer's Strike when it was basically the only fictional show with new episodes. I now plan to get her to watch season one and see how I got dragged down this path. 

Wow. Poor Hilarie. Did this come out at the time? I don't remember ever hearing about it.

I don't remember hearing about this at the time, and that's when I was way more up on pop culture current events. I'm not glad she's getting attention for this reason, but on a shallow note...dang, P. Sawyer is looking hot in her 30's (I hadn't seen her in a while & was just wondering the other day if she is still with Jeffrey Dean Morgan)!!

I remember seeing the MTV special, but not the original interview. I was shocked when Hilarie talked about it. Especially because people usually say this star did this, but Hilarie being who she is just put his name out there. I don't remember if the press covered it. It wasn't that long ago but even then the press was different than it is now.  Plus social media wasn't at the place it is now.  I had forgotten about it again until now. 

I've been doing a rewatch and to this day it still annoys me that Brooke got mad at Peyton for hooking up with Lucas when she herself basically only seemed interested in him in the beginning because Peyton wanted him. 

I’ve been watching some episodes on Hulu and appreciating the total soap opera that it is. I just got to the season where Brooke is assaulted in her store and keep wondering how anyone bought her, I fell down the stairs story. Maybe the split lip and black eyes would be believable although unlikely, but there were also very visible marks around her neck, and a clear bruise on her arm for atleast 3 episodes that was very obviously 4 fingers. Come on people, I think maybe Haley figured it out a little when she recommended a therapist, but it amazed me that no one else even hinted they knew she was lying, and that Peyton was legit surprised when told. How “in love” are you that u can’t see that?  Then again I always liked it better when Haley was Brooke’s best friend. Even when the actress was still on the show Peyton could be a sucky friend  

• Love 2

Half way through Season 7 and it's the worst by far.  Everyone is so famous but their fame makes no sense of why they would all be stuck in Tree Hill doing this.  I doubt Nathan is such a huge basketball star that anyone cares about his paternity woes and endorsement deals.  And the little kids reading the gossip magazine at school?  Please.  Why they felt the need to talk about Nathan's sex life to Jamie is strange to me.  And for fuck's sake they are supposed to still be 22-23 and have all of this?  And absolutely everyone is married at this age. I hate every scene that has Jamie leading it - which is quite a bit of them!!  Just very obnoxious.  Quinn is beautiful and young looking while she has an ex-husband who looks about 40. 

Season 6 was off to me.  There were at least 2 episodes where Lucas and Peyton were just in their house talking and it seemed like they were secluded from filming with the rest of the cast. Like the episode where they divided the house up.  What was this even for?  I totally skipped the episode where they did the 20's flashback.  

Millie is pretty but is the only cast member who seems to look 30.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that Brooke eventually has a baby and names it Davis.  

• Love 3

I finished the rest of the series.   I have no idea why but things got better when Peyton and Lucas left.  The stories are still ridiculous but I think Peyton and Lucas were such boring sad sacks??

Per my last post Brooke had a baby named Davis. Surprise!  Why they focused a few seasons on her wanting to have a family so desperately and then they showed about 35 minutes of her being pregnant during one episode?  And then she stupidly falls after trying to lift a huge bag of flour while on a ladder?   No shame in working mom's and dad's but for someone who wanted kids so bad these kids stayed with a babysitter A LOT!  I'm talking about Brooke doing other things after her shift at work and Julian doesn't have an actual daily job.   Also, the way Brooke lived was strange to me. She's this successful business woman with shops in New York and Tree Hill and she continues to live in a small townhouse for the last 4 seasons. There is no living space.  Yet at the beginning of season 6 jobless and wheelchair bound Nathan who must have a million medical bills and teacher Haley have a huge house with a pool. 

Then they randomly stick us with some filler scenes of people we don't even give a shit about like the record label exec Miranda and the bartender who is a singer in real life.  All of the recording artist they feature as actors are so terrible and wooden and painful to watch.  We are also stuck with Stephen Colletti (spell?) and once I finally started to like Jamie he starts having less screen time and I am then forced to watch this kid CHUCK.   Not only that but then we are introduced to another kid Logan.  What is with this show and little boys??  Also, I would like to look up a map of where the locations of Tree Hill are. Because for someone who has been kidnapped twice and almost drowned twice, all the murderers and psychos running around first grader Jamie seems to be off on his own a lot. Going to the park or the river court. Very nonchalant parenting. 

The writers are mean. Very mean.  The make an already very awkward looking Mouth wear a fat suit.  Season 8 Episode 6 the face mask they have him wear actually is coming off on the neck and they don't even give a shit about editing and redoing the scene. It's fully ripped and bouncing around. And the fat shaming has no fucking bounds!!!

The piled Clay on with the most outrageous story lines.  He meets a girl one time and she gets that obsessed with him?  And then he and Quinn are in some limbo where they get to go to the beach and have sex all day?  Perfect!  Why come back?  I didn't understand why he was in a facility where he would have interaction with a child. No actual facility would allow this. Strangers just walking into a 6-year-olds bedroom to chat.  I knew something was up, I thought maybe he was a figment of Clay's imagination.  Why they felt the need to dye that poor kids hair I have no clue. Clay has brown hair, it would have been reasonable for the kid to have brown hair. 

I liked some stuff.  They made Quinn goofy and fun.  I liked the episode where Jamie found a frog or the cracker eating contest.  Jana Kramer was a nice addition.  Clearly the show wasn't that bad because I watched it all.  But the slut shaming and the way they treated the female cast was really gross. This ended only 6 years ago.  We've come far. 

These people need to learn how to fucking drive.  

• Love 1

My wife and I have been watching One Tree Hill. She's been to a couple of cons and we stop in Wilmington whenever we go south. We have a ever growing list of locations used for filming on the show that we try to go around and see some of. One has been extremely elusive, Rachels Family Cabin. If anyone knows where in NC/Wilimington the house ion the picture attached is, please let me know

rach cabin.jpeg

On 9/18/2020 at 2:41 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Bumping this up- I was thinking of starting a rewatch sometime in October if anyone is game. 

I started rewatching towards the beginning of the pandemic, and only made it as far as the prom episode where "brother" Derek returns to Marky-Mark style "Fear" Peyton. Turns out binging the crazy gets to be a bit...much,  but I'll jump back in if it's being discussed here!

• LOL 1