Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Inside The Actors Studio

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

It was on this weekend too? I caught it on Thursday. I feel like it was, originally, either 90 minutes or 2 hours, but the version they showed Thursday was an hour.

It was a little tough to watch now. 

Loved the Neil Patrick Harris interview, but I actually wish James had spent a little more time talking with Neil about his experience playing Doogie Howser. He was only 16 years old, leading a show, and I really loved him as Doogie. I think they did it a disservice by simply treating it as if it was "Doogie was an underage doctor by day, horndog teenager who wants to have sex with his girlfriend by night..." That's really not what the show was for me when I watched it back then. 

Its hard to think of who since I keep forgetting to keep up with the program.  Heck, I forget when its on.  That said, I'd love for James to interview Jeffery Dean Morgan.

The first season or so I felt like I was watching an acting class.  The questions were fascinating, and I felt like I learned so much about the craft.  I loved it!  Then, as the seasons continued and the caliber of guests lessened, I felt like I was watching a really long promo for whatever movie the guest was promoting.  By the time James got to Julia Roberts I realized he had completely run out of anyone who had anything meaningful to teach to the students.  I don't know that I have watched more than a handful since, which makes me sad because for awhile I counted the days for the next show.

• Like 2

Bryan Cranston is on this Wednesday.

It was last Wednesday.  Hopefully it will rerun.

Edited by may2

Jeff Daniels was on last night.

Is this the last show left from when Bravo was arts programming?  Rather than Real Housewives shows?

I moved to NY in about 1994, and I audited this class at the New School.  Sally Field was the first guest.  It was awesome.  Lipton was not yet so full of himself.  I took the class for a few semesters, but they pushed the non-degree students out when the show became known.

• Like 2

Went on the Wikipedia episode list, and would wish to see, in addition to the senior British classical actors with crossover appeal that they've actually managed to snag, the following obvious names: Kenneth Branagh, Judi Dench, Patrick Stewart. And if they're going to do repeat visits, how about trying to get Sondheim back, since it's been more than 20 years?

• Like 1

Watching the Ted Danson interview now.  It just aired this week.  He's charming, as always, and talks a lot about The Good Place, but also talks about everything from Cheers to Three Men and Baby to Damages.

Oh yeah, I was really surprised how much I enjoyed Mr. Ted. He is such a sweetheart.  I tried watching his new show, but blaughhhhhh, I didn't like it at all.