Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: His Watch Has Ended

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

A small plot point I'll be interested to see if it plays out next episode:

Captain Sandy asked Lazy to take a bag of kitchen laundry to the laundry room & start the wash. Cut to Lazy dropping the bag on the floor. Later, Sandy asks her if she took the bag down. Yes. Did you wash it. Yes. Could just be editing, but it looks like Lazy bald-faced lied to Captain Sandy on the first day, first task. 

I hope she gets busted.

• Like 3

I don't usually watch the "Galley Talk" episodes but nothing else was on. They replayed this episode while former crew members watched, including Kate and Ben, Bobby and Colin, Josiah and someone I didn't remember, and - unfortunately - Kyle and Aesha. Anyway, they all pretty much ragged on Camille and what a lazy ass she is. But their enthusiasm for Sandy felt performative and prompted to me. She can't be that beloved.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't usually watch the "Galley Talk" episodes but nothing else was on. They replayed this episode while former crew members watched, including Kate and Ben, Bobby and Colin, Josiah and someone I didn't remember, and - unfortunately - Kyle and Aesha. Anyway, they all pretty much ragged on Camille and what a lazy ass she is. But their enthusiasm for Sandy felt performative and prompted to me. She can't be that beloved.

She is by the Galley Talk crew.  They all seem to love her, based upon episodes I've seen.  Now, if they get Heather and Kiki on Galley talk, we'll have a good show!

On 12/25/2022 at 8:06 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

That black leather whip in Cap Lee’s luggage 😮!!! I want to know so much more about that!

According to another forum, Captain Lee said it was given to him by the ER docs.  Did they have a theme night that included it?

On 12/24/2022 at 7:24 PM, maggiemae said:

Rachel needs a sous chef just for the logistics of food. Ross and Fraser are horrid leaders.

I suggested in an earlier thread that useless Camille could be given that job, plus running around the ship to get Rachel's supplies.  She may thrive with a new interesting task, or she may crash and burn and Rachel will take care of the problem quickly.

• Like 2

I have to say I think this is the worst crew of any BD show with the exception of Rachel, who is still weird but seems to be one of the few people on TV who have actually reformed themselves. She was so bad her first season and now seems to maintain her professionalism - does not engage in the drunken nights away.

I really don’t care to zoom in on some guy’s erection after receiving a lap dance from a girl with a terrible dye job. And Ross is just gross - nothing attractive about him. I don’t find any of the guys attractive, in fact. Alisa is just a bitch and Hayley’s crass. 

• Like 1
On 12/27/2022 at 8:38 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

According to another forum, Captain Lee said [the black leather whip] was given to him by the ER docs.  Did they have a theme night that included it?

I didn't see the item in question, but is it possible it's one of those rubber stretchy stretch things they give you in physical therapy?  You know, you hold on to both ends of it and then use it to move your leg up and down and across, etc.  I had knee replacement surgery and I was given one of those.  Although, tbh, it did feel like a black leather whip at times because it really hurt doing those exercises.

8 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

It IS ....HIDEOUS!! IT HAS TO BE EXTENSIONS?? right??

I still stand by my thought of what a great bartender she would be at some beach bar, she has the temperament and the looks for it and has proven she can make a good drink.  I cannot help but think that everyone of the crew on this and all BD shows are now wannabe influencers and not caring whether they are good at their job or not but rather as long as they can get a good selfie at sunrise or sunset is the most important thing.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Oosala said:

I didn't see the item in question, but is it possible it's one of those rubber stretchy stretch things they give you in physical therapy?  You know, you hold on to both ends of it and then use it to move your leg up and down and across, etc.  I had knee replacement surgery and I was given one of those.  Although, tbh, it did feel like a black leather whip at times because it really hurt doing those exercises.

It was a whip, someone better at it than me could put up a screenshot. I guess I can be better than me.😃

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 10-32-33 Below Deck - Peacock.jpg

Edited by Welshman in Ca
Added Picture
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is that big red head allowed to have her hair loose? Wasn't that a thing with the other Chief Stews, I know Capt. Lee reprimanded a deck hand for having her hair loose, it could get caught up in the lines, but Big Red hair in the food, that is a no no.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I still stand by my thought of what a great bartender she would be at some beach bar, she has the temperament and the looks for it and has proven she can make a good drink.  I cannot help but think that everyone of the crew on this and all BD shows are now wannabe influencers and not caring whether they are good at their job or not but rather as long as they can get a good selfie at sunrise or sunset is the most important thing.

I like Hayley's humor and she seems to be very dedicated to getting the jobs done. No backtalk and she didn't try to get in the middle of the yelling match, wanted nothing to do with it. But yeah, that HAIR! Is it a wig, I think she's called it a wig. If so, does it ever get washed? Seems to me like it would be nasty after a couple of weeks. Same if it's her real hair, just looks so matted and unkempt. I'm surprised Capt. Lee hasn't told her to put it up, but I'm really not because clearly it's a part of her persona/the character she is playing for the show. If I were a paying guest I'd not want her anywhere near my food or table, no matter how hard she works. 

1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It might be, we do not see dark roots growing out considering they are on the boat for 6 to 8 weeks, I know my roots would be saying hello mid way thru the season.

I agree that it's a wig and your post reminds me of my thoughts about "maintenance" on a 6-8 charter job like this. I was wondering when these people have time to cut their nails and hair to keep themselves looking good for the job. I mean, they're walking around barefoot all the time so even the men need to pay extra attention to their feet and toenails. And no one wants dinner served by someone with overgrown ragged fingernails. (Which reminds me of an earlier season when Kyle made a remark to one of the female yachties about her "badly manicured nails".) Don't know how it works in the real world of yacht work, but I imagine during these productions they have a day scheduled for everyone to get a mani-pedi and a haircut + wig-wash. 

• Like 1
On 1/2/2023 at 10:22 PM, BusyOctober said:

Last week I commented that Camille’s ex-boyfriend and his family must be so relieved she is not in their orbit any longer.  This week, I am relieved on their behalf that Camille is out of their lives.  What a frickin’ assh**e she is!  Lazy, entitled, brat with such an inflated sense of her value.  Crying every time she doesn’t get her way.  Has she never held a job before?  Never had a manager or boss give her direction or tasks to complete?  She will need a string of Sugar Daddies for the rest of her life because she obviously will never be a viable  employee in the traditional sense.  Please let her be fired soon.  And no invite to any reunion either.  She will only claim she was bullied, the “editing” made her look bad, she’s really an excellent worker, everyone loves her…

On 1/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Camille thought she was going to be the "It Girl," on this boat, her role was to be the prettiest girl on board, have all the guys wanting to be with her and that her bad work ethic would not be noticed because she was so beautiful and desirable.  It did not work out for her and now she realizes she has to actually work and she no likey.  Crying because she is being told what to do and blaming others, seems we have a budding narcissist in our midst.  

She sucks and nothing can change my mind.

I think Camille is the type of girl/woman who works her looks and is very fake in her relationships. She is all about what she can get, for example, the references to dating the quarterback. Clearly she got a lot of status out of that relationship even though she mentioned he cheated a lot so that's why she (eventually) broke up with him (she says). She's going to use her looks and attitude to pull in some rich guy -- I've seen it happen many times. "I'm too special and fabulous to work, I should be one of the wealthy guests" is her life goal. Compare that with the other female deckhand who seems to want to work her way up to being a captain and is doing a great job so far (despite her poor choice to give Ross any attention outside of their work roles).

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I agree that it's a wig and your post reminds me of my thoughts about "maintenance" on a 6-8 charter job like this. I was wondering when these people have time to cut their nails and hair to keep themselves looking good for the job. I mean, they're walking around barefoot all the time so even the men need to pay extra attention to their feet and toenails. And no one wants dinner served by someone with overgrown ragged fingernails. (Which reminds me of an earlier season when Kyle made a remark to one of the female yachties about her "badly manicured nails".) Don't know how it works in the real world of yacht work, but I imagine during these productions they have a day scheduled for everyone to get a mani-pedi and a haircut + wig-wash. 

I always presumed it was a wig but she said something a couple of weeks ago about it being her real hair 🤯

• Mind Blown 1
4 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I always presumed it was a wig but she said something a couple of weeks ago about it being her real hair 🤯

I will keep watching until this mystery is solved, even if I have to sit through a 3-part reunion!

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I will keep watching until this mystery is solved, even if I have to sit through a 3-part reunion!

I am right there with you, maybe it is a combo real hair and add ins or a fall, (remember those things from the 70's?), of some sort for volume?

Btw, I have a huge Red Hawk living in my backyard, I saw it scoop up a bat and carry it off!

• Love 1