Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E13: Snap Some Necks and Cash Some Checks LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Gabler: l l l l l

Cassidy: l

Owen:

Congratulations to Gabler!

I miss Jeff walking out with the votes in Fiji and walking back in with the urn in Los Angeles. I also like to see how everyone looks when cleaned up and with haircuts.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 3
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Very underwhelming. Gabler basically disappeared after the Elie vote in the edit.

Not only that but I guess he truly was hiding in plain sight.  The only thing I can give him credit for was recognizing Jesse and Cody were a threat before anyone else seemed to.  But seriously, very interesting winner's edit.  I'm just shocked it was such a blow out.  I expected it to be a lot closer.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Kitty Redstone said:

Did Owen not get a single vote?  The jury must not have liked him at all.

No, I think Owen's pitch didn't help but I think the jury saw him as a goat because he was never ever in a power position and never dictated any sort of vote, showing how little social capital he had.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I know she’s doing it for a special reason, but I am looking forward to never seeing Cassidy kiss that necklace ever again.

I can’t help it, but it gives me a soft spot for her. I wear an initial necklace for my deceased daughter and I always hold her “M” when I need a little strength. 

did you ever notice in David vs. Goliath that Dr. Allison compulsively checked her heart rate at tribal counsels? That used to crack me up. 

• Love 1
Just now, momlyd said:

I'll bet she regrets that fire decision now

This is why I like the votes being read in real time.  They don't have months to be home and figure out how it went down.  She doesn't look happy.  Here I thought Gabler was strutting into TC thinking he would beat Cassidy and Owen, but maybe Cassidy was the one who was overconfident.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Jeff: "did Gabler sway anyone on the jury with his arguments?" and the jury gives the obligatory head nods and yeses.

I will say that Gabler isn't the worst winner.  I was rooting for Owen, but of the three I guess Gabler earned it.  I also appreciate that he is donating his money to veterans.  I'm equally glad that he didn't use that to sway that jury.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I guess Gabler's game was very well hidden until now. He did explain it tonight. I would have liked Owen but glad it wasn't Cassidy. Her expression was priceless.

Owen looked pretty surprised too. But he should have made more points about what he did to stay alive, like playing up when he and Noelle got out James. I can see why he didn't get votes, even though I liked him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

This is why I like the votes being read in real time. 

I actually hate this format for a reunion, though. It's much better with some actual reflection and seeing how it went down on tv.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

I actually hate this format for a reunion, though. It's much better with some actual reflection and seeing how it went down on tv.

Oh yeah, for the reunion absolutely.  I don't really miss the live audience, but I would love to see the contestants reflect on the season.  It would have been nice to have Dwight there to explain what went down with giving Jesse Jeanine's idol.  

But for the winner reveal, I like it being read live.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Gabler for me was anything but a shock.  Maybe a bit surprising at most, but Gabe probably had a decent chance due to a respective surge and not having to deal with Karla or Jesse.  May have been his to lose when the other person was Owen

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Oh yeah, for the reunion absolutely.  I don't really miss the live audience, but I would love to see the contestants reflect on the season.  It would have been nice to have Dwight there to explain what went down with giving Jesse Jeanine's idol.  

But for the winner reveal, I like it being read live.

Ditto!

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, man, wish we saw this Ride or Die alliance that was such a part in Gabler's win....

That was some really bad editing during the season, even for Survivor.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, man, wish we saw this Ride or Die alliance that was such a part in Gabler's win....

Did they show any of that?  I don't remember it, but it seemed like it actually played a significant part in some strategy this season.  I'm surprised we didn't even get it in flashbacks.

• Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Did they show any of that?  I don't remember it, but it seemed like it actually played a significant part in some strategy this season.  I'm surprised we didn't even get it in flashbacks.

Yeah, no. We saw Cody/Jesse bring in Gabler for a vote and then never saw them game together again, nor did we ever get a hint at who Gabler was working with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3