Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E13: Snap Some Necks and Cash Some Checks LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I don't think Jesse was that bad at making fire.  You heard Jeff, he said that Gabler made the fire in the fastest time ever...  

However, I'm not particularly upset that Jesse lost because he was going to use the "my family" sob story which is just eyerolling for me.

• Love 8

I think this is a little bit of karma. I was never totally cool with how he got Jeanine's idol. And I thought he and Cody were somewhat bullies. Mileage may vary, but I'm happy he didn't win.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Oh, cry me a river.  Did I miss something at the beginning of the year that explains why Jesse's shitty upbringing was worse than anyone else's, or his kids deserve the money more than anyone else's kids?  Jesus, I think Owen might give him the money if he wins.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

This feels like the season Sophie won where it was very clear that if Ozzy had made F3, he was going to win. I really think Jesse would have won this thing with a landslide. But at the same time, making fire is one of the most BASIC parts of Survivor. So he kind of deserved to lose just for that reason. 

Meanwhile, I now have no clue who's winning this thing, other than it not being Gabler. I honestly can't say I was particularly impressed by either Cassidy or Owen's game. They had some moments but to me it was more so them being part of other people's plans and big moves.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I feel for Jesse. I was rooting for him and it's clear he was a frontrunner. Alas, he comes up short.

Underwhelming final three but I guess I'm rooting for the player who played the best, and that's Cassidy for me. Owen was out of the loop for most of the game and Gabler hasn't done much since early merge.

• Love 1

Final Council fantasy: a goat acknowledging he/she has no shot, then tries to sell the jury on him/her, based on either the cast’s likelihood for future shots at the game and/or going “This is a fucked-up season, so let’s have a fucked-up winner.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2

I still don’t like Cassidy.  I like Owen and Gabler, but I do think  Owen should win out of these three.  Jesse and Karla deserved to win but they didn’t outlast.  
its been years since the after show was more than a half hour long. It’s as if they can’t ever acknowledge that the 2 hour finale is actually 2.5 hours long.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

This feels like the season Sophie won where it was very clear that if Ozzy had made F3, he was going to win. I really think Jesse would have won this thing with a landslide. But at the same time, making fire is one of the most BASIC parts of Survivor. So he kind of deserved to lose just for that reason. 

Meanwhile, I now have no clue who's winning this thing, other than it not being Gabler. I honestly can't say I was particularly impressed by either Cassidy or Owen's game. They had some moments but to me it was more so them being part of other people's plans and big moves.

I'm not impressed with any of them.  Cassidy has been invisible for a lot of the season and when she has made an appearance I just thought she came across poorly.  Her whole arc has been 'whoever comes for me goes home.'  Owen really has nothing going for him, unless he can put together a good argument that he literally was alone and out of the loop so many times, so winning immunity and finding cracks where he could helped him survive.  I don't know about Gabler.  I just got nothing with this group.  But I guess it's a fitting end to an underwhelming and what will probably be a forgettable season.

• Love 3

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but his name is Jesse not Jesus. The way the jury was anointing his head with oil was a little much. 

he played a great game, but he should have been practicing fire before he had to. He had to KNOW that if he didn’t win immunity he would be making fire. 

I think Cassidy played a good game. Not a great one but she wouldn’t be a horrible winner.

The best player rarely makes it to the end. It’s not an easy minefield to navigate at the end. 

• Love 3

I think the issue here is none of these players made big moves and been a social threat along the way. Gabler got out Elie at merge but then cruised with others. Cassidy was a social threat but made no moves of her own. Owen was on the outs but he never seemed like a threat in any way.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, mojoween said:

When this show is signing off for the last time, I hope we get 39 days, a car-winning challenge, the loved ones coming in and the finale HAS to have The March of the Dead Survivors.

The show being 26 days is starting to show.  None of these guys look like they've even been playing Survivor (it probably helps they aren't in a tough element like Cambodia).  And the game play just isn't there (again, the amount of idols and advantages doesn't help-I also think they need to go back to two tribes for a while instead of starting with 3).  This season has seemed so safe, and while 39 day seasons had safe game play some seasons, I feel like there's not enough time for strategy and making big moves and taking risks.  I've seen some former contestants comment how comical it is that these guys talk about struggling 26 days when in the old seasons they'd still have about 2 weeks left if they made it to the end.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Looking up Wikipedia. The only to players who wound up winning after earning final immunity: Nick (S37) and Chris (S38) . . . .and Chris threw away immunity to win the fire making challenge.

Fire Champs: 4 (Ben, Wendel, Chris, Tony)

Plus-One Champs: 3 (Tommy, Erika, Maryanne)

4 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I've been rooting for Owen since he dropped Just Peachy to Jeff. And I always root for the underdog.

I collect Peanuts so I love his Charlie Brown references (hopefully he's learned Schroeder's name by now, although he's always been an irrelevant character in the franchise to me).

No one is tanking just yet.  Cassidy probably made the best argument so far, although Owen is a close second.

Edited by LadyChatts