Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Legalese and a Whole Hoo-Ha

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Earlier I asked if in Pastor Jeff's church (whatever flavor of Baptist it is) the congregation could fire him if they want to.  Silly me, I was thinking of the real world, not the sitcom world in which a church or college or business or family has whatever rules suit the plot of this week's episode.  Mea culpa.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Driad said:

Earlier I asked if in Pastor Jeff's church (whatever flavor of Baptist it is) the congregation could fire him if they want to.  Silly me, I was thinking of the real world, not the sitcom world in which a church or college or business or family has whatever rules suit the plot of this week's episode.  Mea culpa.

Heh, based on my limited observations, I don't think the real word is much different. 😉

• LOL 3

I don't know nothing bout no Baptists, but I've heard of many congregations of various sorts having hiring committees and so on, to choose a new leader. I don't know if this applies to Baptists or not. Catholics seem to get assigned from higher up in the hierarchy, but I know that at least some, in my experience many, others hire locally.

• Love 1