Type keyword(s) to search

S02.08: Stowe Messy

• Start Topic

Jason woos Rachel on Stowe Mountain; Paige ponders her next steps with Craig; Austen is at odds with both Lindsay and Ciara; Jessica asks Kyle for advice about her feelings for Kory, but her compliments for Rachel leave much to be desired.

Is this season almost over with?  I feel like it's been going on for years!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Carl won me over with his comment that whatever happened happened, it's in the past and they're in a good place now. Maturity.

Ciara reading Austen was everything. I don't know why these people think they have to talk about every encounter. Sometimes it's fine to just shut up about what happened.

Kyle, Jason, and the other people who knew how to ski were interesting. I would rather see more of competent people having fun than Amanda managing to stop without falling.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Boy! Who did Jess piss off in editing? If she isn’t getting a bad edit then she is a total asshole.  She’s so convinced of her own awesomeness that she can say ridiculous things about how thoroughly hot she is, while being one of the most insecure women to be in this franchise. I will be so happy when Kory ( or Kody, I can’t even remember his names) dumps her the minute they walk out of the house.  Please Bravo — I’d rather not have her added to this group on a regular basis.    Rachel is the most sensible person on this show & I think she & Jason are very cute.She has a more realistic take on vacation relationships.  Austen, you are 42 years old - for God’s sake - grow up!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

Boy! Who did Jess piss off in editing? If she isn’t getting a bad edit then she is a total asshole.

This girl is cray cray!!!  She's so stuck on herself that she gets bent out of shape because the other girls aren't showering her with compliments and Jason gives her some sound advice and she acts like he shot her dog.  Good grief girl, get some help!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Sober Carl and Lindsey...YAAWWNN!

Plus, acting like they're so, so mature & above it all. While I applaud Carl's sobriety and Lindsey's current support of it, Carl acting like he wasn't a fuckboi just like Austen 30 seconds ago was rich.

Lindsey's reaction to the dick story told me everything I needed to know. While Austen was definitely wrong in sharing it, I can't feel bad for her seeing as she's reveled in being a shit stirrer for years.  Hope we eventually learn what happened with Danielle. I always said that the moment Danielle stopped kissing her ass, Lindsey would have no use for her.

Moving on to Austen's ridiculous reaction to Ciara having sex with someone before coming to the house. She read him perfectly and I especially like Paige breaking down the events & timeline.

Enjoying mellow Craig hanging with the ladies wine tasting. Unpopular opinion I know, but I like him with Paige, they bring out good qualities in each other without constantly proclaiming their undying love every 5 minutes.

Finally, Jess is simply an asshole. I can easily see why she has no friends. Love watching Kory's disinterest grow. Both Paige & Jason gave her sound advice and she took it like they were trying to sabotage her. No sweetie, they see you carrying on like lovesick 13 year old and know it won't end well.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Boy! Who did Jess piss off in editing? If she isn’t getting a bad edit then she is a total asshole.  She’s so convinced of her own awesomeness that she can say ridiculous things about how thoroughly hot she is, while being one of the most insecure women to be in this franchise. I will be so happy when Kory ( or Kody, I can’t even remember his names) dumps her the minute they walk out of the house.  Please Bravo — I’d rather not have her added to this group on a regular basis.    Rachel is the most sensible person on this show & I think she & Jason are very cute.She has a more realistic take on vacation relationships.  Austen, you are 42 years old - for God’s sake - grow up!

The comment she made to Rachel about how she/Jess is the girl who gets the guys right away but she/Rachel is the one who will get them later reeks of delusion and condescension. 
And I hope I didn’t hear correctly in the preview that she told Rachel no guys are interested in her due to her lack of T&A.  
What the actual fuck Messica.

IMO: Rachel is the most beautiful girl to appear on this franchise. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Unpopular opinion I know, but I like him with Paige, they bring out good qualities in each other without constantly proclaiming their undying love every 5 minutes.

Do you like listening to them coo "Baby, you my best fwend, I wuv waking up next to you," to each other every episode using their very best toddler voices? 

I'm glad Paige and Ciara finally yelled at Austen, but I hated them insulting Olivia and Lindsay while doing so. Paige called Lindsay "the bitch that fucked you over" to Austen (how?!) and Ciara called Olivia "a simple bitch" that she could run circles around (intellectually, was the implication, which... is rich, after what we've seen of her on these shows). Neither of those women did anything to deserve these two nitwits' ire. They are mean girls and I hate watching them. I don't know if I'll even tune into Summer House at this point. They've kind of ruined the show for me with their pathetic sniveling over these fratty douche boys and the way they always find another woman to put down. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Enjoying mellow Craig hanging with the ladies wine tasting. Unpopular opinion I know, but I like him with Paige, they bring out good qualities in each other without constantly proclaiming their undying love every 5 minutes.

I like that he said Paige keeps him grounded. He has a tendency to go off the rails when he's drinking, at least he listens to her when she tells him he's gone too far. I also liked Paige's description of the difference between southerners and northerners and how she doesn't know if she will fit in living in the south.  Black fashion reigns supreme in NY, florals and light colors in the south. So true! 

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Finally, Jess is simply an asshole. I can easily see why she has no friends. Love watching Kory's disinterest grow.

Kory is having a fling and is not impressed with Jess. He doesn't even sleep the night with her, goes back to his room for some sanity! It's awesome!  BTW her fake teeth don't fit her mouth, she should go back to the cosmetic dentist and get that fixed. She's not the ultimate piece of ass she thinks she is. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I also liked Paige's description of the difference between southerners and northerners and how she doesn't know if she will fit in living in the south.  Black fashion reigns supreme in NY, florals and light colors in the south. So true! 

Kathryn and Naomie on Southern Charm basically live in black leather pants, though. Perhaps Paige should watch her boyfriend's TV show before making sweeping proclamations about Charleston fashion. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Paige doesn’t realize it’s just too hot for black or navy blue clothing for most of the year in the southern part of the United States. Ciera is just foolish. She still doesn’t realize she was a friend with benefits for Austen. Jessica, I believe, comes from a strict evangelical faith background and this is probably her first encounter with people that rarely  attend any church services. Luke was overly aggressive with his pursuit of Jessica, but Jessica has become very thirsty for a intimate relationship with Kory. Evangelicals want sexual relationships but they are taught to be afraid of sexual relationships. That is Jessica in a nutshell.

Edited by APK
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, Panda Bear said:

but I hated them insulting Olivia and Lindsay while doing so. Paige called Lindsay "the bitch that fucked you over" to Austen (how?!) and Ciara called Olivia "a simple bitch" that she could run circles around (intellectually, was the implication, which... is rich,

They are/were besties with repulsive Hannah, after all.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, APK said:

Jessica, I believe, comes from a strict evangelical faith background and this is probably her first encounter with people that rarely  attend any church services. Luke was overly aggressive with his pursuit of Jessica, but Jessica has become very thirsty for a intimate relationship with Kory. Evangelicals want sexual relationships but they are taught to be afraid of sexual relationships. That is Jessica in a nutshell.

That might be true but she does not come off as a overly religious person.  She has been very verbal of her sexual attractiveness with the opposite sex and how girls don't like her because she is so pretty.  Or something along those lines.  And actually, after watching her for most of the season, I don't understand her behavior with Luke in the beginning.  She seemed to like him based on the hot tub scene only to do a 180 and suddenly he's being too much and she is not interested.  Why she was not able to just tell him that is beyond me as she has proven she can speak for herself.  I thought that whole thing was sketchy. 

That being said, I do not see things working out for her with Kory after they left the Winter House.  I am not sure what Kory's game plan was, but it is obvious he is in it just for the Winter House fling.  I don't see them having a real relationship outside the house.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And actually, after watching her for most of the season, I don't understand her behavior with Luke in the beginning.  She seemed to like him based on the hot tub scene only to do a 180 and suddenly he's being too much and she is not interested. 

I think she was attracted to Luke, and he was NOT misreading her signals. However, once Jessica saw that Luke was not super popular with the others (he marches to his own drum) she went for the guy who seems very popular. We've already heard her say she usually goes for guys "better looking" than Cory. Her shallowness surprises me, given her upbringing.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
On 12/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, Mr. Miner said:
On 12/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Panda Bear said:

Do you like listening to them coo "Baby, you my best fwend, I wuv waking up next to you," to each other every episode using their very best toddler voices? 

I'm glad Paige and Ciara finally yelled at Austen, but I hated them insulting Olivia and Lindsay while doing so. Paige called Lindsay "the bitch that fucked you over" to Austen (how?!) and Ciara called Olivia "a simple bitch" that she could run circles around (intellectually, was the implication, which... is rich, after what we've seen of her on these shows). Neither of those women did anything to deserve these two nitwits' ire. They are mean girls and I hate watching them. I don't know if I'll even tune into Summer House at this point. They've kind of ruined the show for me with their pathetic sniveling over these fratty douche boys and the way they always find another woman to put down. 

I agree! Why are these two dumping on women whom Austin pursued, then gaslit? Both Paige and Sierra need to lay down the accusations and insults, at Austin's feet, then cut ties with him. He's the one sharing the tea (or making it up). Both Olivia and Lindsay deserve an apology from Paige, Sierra, AND Austin. The irony is ... Austin perpetually slut shames women, while he's always out, chasing down women and collecting STDs.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
On 12/9/2022 at 6:39 AM, Drogo said:

The comment she made to Rachel about how she/Jess is the girl who gets the guys right away but she/Rachel is the one who will get them later reeks of delusion and condescension. 
And I hope I didn’t hear correctly in the preview that she told Rachel no guys are interested in her due to her lack of T&A.  
What the actual fuck Messica.

IMO: Rachel is the most beautiful girl to appear on this franchise. 

Clearly Jess is a narcissist because they have such a heightened sense of entitlement; as well as they believe they are the best looking, in any room. AND they believe others are lucky to even have them as part of a group.

I actually knew a fellow (John) who truly thought he was overwhelmingly handsome and he would often talk about what "a catch" he was. But one evening he lost his mind because when the guys went out, whomever John was chasing, flat out said she wanted any man, but him. When he realized she was serious, as was the next gal he pursued, he just couldn't wrap his head around it. Furious and stormed out of the event.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Chalby said:

think she was attracted to Luke, and he was NOT misreading her signals. However, once Jessica saw that Luke was not super popular with the others (he marches to his own drum) she went for the guy who seems very popular. We've already heard her say she usually goes for guys "better looking" than Cory. Her shallowness surprises me, given her upbringing.

I couldn't agree more and you said it better than I did.  What I question now is how she acted like a damsel in distress that night in the kitchen that caused Craig to go all crazy on Luke.  

I like Luke and I love that he is different than the rest.  I am not sure why he even shows up he is so not like them.  Maybe he needs/likes to walk on that side of society to remind himself why he likes the outdoors and solitude.  I hope he finds himself a good solid outdoor girl that he can share and enjoy life with.  Team Luke!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 12/8/2022 at 7:59 PM, Passing Strange said:

Carl won me over with his comment that whatever happened happened, it's in the past and they're in a good place now. Maturity.

Good point. I was confused by everyone's concern re:Lindsay and Austen. Once Lindsay and Carl determined the official start to their commitment was in October, the "friends" should have stayed silent. Even IF others decided Sept. 25 was the real start, so what if Lindsay drunkenly grabbed at Austen, and he swatted her off. THE END

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 12/8/2022 at 10:02 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Who did Jess piss off in editing? If she isn’t getting a bad edit then she is a total asshole.  She’s so convinced of her own awesomeness that she can say ridiculous things about how thoroughly hot she is, while being one of the most insecure women to be in this franchise.

Man these millennials are tough to watch, especially this "I get along better with guys" chick. And she's into "crypto"!!! Anyone know what she does in"crypto"?

She's on with idiot andy tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I like Luke and I love that he is different than the rest.  I am not sure why he even shows up he is so not like them.  Maybe he needs/likes to walk on that side of society to remind himself why he likes the outdoors and solitude.  I hope he finds himself a good solid outdoor girl that he can share and enjoy life with.  Team Luke!

Agree! Luke is a gazillion times better looking than Cory with the ugly haircut. Luke doesn't always know how to read a room or a person but I think he's basically a decent guy. He admitted he needs to work on paying more attention to how people are reacting to him which shows he's trying to make a change for the better. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, bichonblitz said:

Kory is having a fling and is not impressed with Jess. He doesn't even sleep the night with her, goes back to his room for some sanity! It's awesome!  BTW her fake teeth don't fit her mouth, she should go back to the cosmetic dentist and get that fixed. She's not the ultimate piece of ass she thinks she is. 

To me Kory is Austin 2.0.  He's there to get ass and move on, but string the girl along so he can continue to get more ass when they see each other again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  He's as big an asshole as Austin imo.  

• Like 2
On 12/9/2022 at 1:31 PM, bichonblitz said:

BTW her fake teeth don't fit her mouth, she should go back to the cosmetic dentist and get that fixed.

I can't believe it's taken 8 episodes for someone to bring up bucktooth Becky's chompers, so THANK YOU!  Are those things real or fake?  Either way, I hate to tell her that they kind of disqualify her from this legendary hot girl status she's bestowed upon herself. 

Edited by Kiki620
Misspelled word
  • Like 1
On 12/16/2022 at 2:13 AM, swankie said:

To me Kory is Austin 2.0.  He's there to get ass and move on, but string the girl along so he can continue to get more ass when they see each other again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  He's as big an asshole as Austin imo.

I did not watch Winter House last year, Summer House/Southern Charm is all I can stand of these feels.  But I decided to watch after seeing Kory on WWHL because I had seen him described or chosen as the hottest guy in the house.  I thought that maybe I was missing something, because there are some guys that grow in attraction once you get to know him.  But nope, after finishing the season, I think he's almost as much of a douche as Austen. No one tops Austen as the worst, but Kory (and even Craig for that matter), comes so close. I don't get it, Jason is hot, charming, and seems like a genuinely good guy, but these girls pick Kory over him?  Kory, with his stupid fucking half-pompadour? Though, because I dislike Jess so much, I cared little about her and Kory.  Please tell me Kory isn't going to be on Summer House. Maybe I'm just getting too old to watch it, even though I'm not much older than some of these idiots.

Jess seemed to be acting or playing the dumb blonde while in the house, but during the confessionals she seemed much shrewder than I expected.  Did they really let a person onto this show simply because she was DMing with Jason?  Oh, Jason.  I do think she was sending mixed signals to Luke, but I physically cringed when he put his hand on her knee while sitting with Kyle/Amanda.  Personally, that behavior starts at least a few months in, not when you literally met someone like two days ago, I don't care if she even didn't mind. Way too early, Luke (though I'm about a decade older than Luke, so maybe more old-fashioned - but damn, I didn't realize he was almost 40 - boy, get a life and get off this fucking show already.) And same goes for the hugging and hovering in the kitchen when Craig acted like a total dick about it when calling him out.  By the way, who the hell expects friends to always give her compliments?  Is she 5 or 25?  Girl, you need to rethink your friendship qualifications because you may be alone if you continue this way.

Craig, oh how I used to like you. Yes, you were a work in progress, but I felt deep down that you were a good person. I'm not so sure anymore. Your success has gone to your head. I get it, you felt like you didn't add up to the wealth in Charleton, but Shep is no one to compare yourself to or even emulate.  Stop drinking, quit these Bravo shows, and just grow the fuck up.  While I sometimes think that Paige can be a mean girl (especially with Ciara) and her continued friendship with Hannah confuses me, yet I do think she is smart and if Craig continues on with behavior that she has to continually explain or defend, girl needs to walk the fuck away.  Don't be like Amanda, don't saddle yourself to a baby.  Plus, if you notice, Craig picks his nose A LOT, the camera catches him a lot doing it. Ew.

Kyle/Amanda - surprisingly not as annoying. Amanda seemed to enjoy not being with the biggest asshole of the house. And I loved Kyle's face when he learned that Craig took it. Yes, Kyle, he knew you would be a bitch about it, so how else to avoid the drama over it. Sad either way. I also look at Kyle (and the others in their 40s or approaching them) and wonder how he can keep up with the drinking.  Unless he just drinks like this on the shows?  Because he doesn't look as bloated and gross like Craig and Austen.

Happy for Carl and Lindsay. She's lying about not remembering after wedding shenanigans, but so what. Now get off my TV, both of you.

I did like Rachel, I thought she tried a little too hard to fit in with the 'mean girls', however, I can imagine it's got to be intimidating as hell to just walk into this environment with people who have been friends for years.  

Damn, I really had a lot of angry thoughts regarding this show.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:56 PM, Kiki620 said:

I can't believe it's taken 8 episodes for someone to bring up bucktooth Becky's chompers, so THANK YOU!  Are those things real or fake?  Either way, I hate to tell her that they kind of disqualify her from this legendary hot girl status she's bestowed upon herself. 

I also forgot to mention that I thought the same thing as well.  I've noticed it quite a lot with some shows.  Is it because these girls are getting fake veneers done wrong?  Plus, the amount of people getting veneers astounds me because they need to be redone every 10-12 years, that's a lot when you're 25!  I bet her natural teeth were perfectly fine before.

• Like 1