Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Just Business

• Start Topic

As Steve's new calendar flies off the shelves, a fed-up Nick makes a pitch to New York investors. A snub from Steve provides Otis with a sobering wake-up call.

Air date: December 6, 2022

Expanding to NYC is an excellent idea. And I’m not surprised Otis quit. He could only take it for so long, and as much as Steve hated when racism was used against him, he had no problem excluding others. That “you’re a king” speech made me roll my eyes. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Expanding to NYC is an excellent idea. And I’m not surprised Otis quit. He could only take it for so long, and as much as Steve hated when racism was used against him, he had no problem excluding others. That “you’re a king” speech made me roll my eyes. 

I'm really enjoying this series.  And Murray Bartlett is killing it as Nick.  First he wins an Emmy for White Lotus and now this.

Although I'm sure @Scarlett45 like me remembers him as Oliver the shoe importer from SATC.

I'm used to seeing Kumal in comedic roles so seeing him as Steve was a little weird at first but he is also doing great in the role.  As is Juliet Lewis and Annaleigh Ashford.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'm really enjoying this series.  And Murray Bartlett is killing it as Nick.  First he wins an Emmy for White Lotus and now this.

Although I'm sure @Scarlett45 like me remembers him as Oliver the shoe importer from SATC.

I'm used to seeing Kumal in comedic roles so seeing him as Steve was a little weird at first but he is also doing great in the role.  As is Juliet Lewis and Annaleigh Ashford.  

Yes I do remember him! 😄

Kumal has mostly done comedy, but I have found strong comedic actors can do drama well, but not the other way around. What a great part for him

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

I would have NEVER put Murray Bartlett together as Oliver. Between that, White Lotus, and now Chippendales, that man is a chameleon! 

He's also on the second season of the Apple TV+ show Physical, with Rose Byrne, playing an '80s fitness personality, kind of a fictionalized (and much better looking) version of Richard Simmons.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Murray Bartlett as Dom in Looking (2014 - 2016), as well as a mature version of Mouse in the most recent iteration of Tales Of The City (2019). He's one of those performers whose projects I'll check out even if the show isn't one I would normally watch.

• Like 1
On 12/12/2022 at 6:03 AM, Scarlett45 said:

but I have found strong comedic actors can do drama well, but not the other way around.

I remember very well my drama prof in college telling us that it was far, far easier for a comedic actor to take on drama than the other way around.  One of the best examples was Robin Williams.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 1