Type keyword(s) to search

S7.E10: Cleaning Up the Mess

• Start Topic

The ladies return to Potomac and get back to business; Gizelle and Robyn prepare for their "Reasonably Shady" live show; Karen prepares for a live experience of her own; Ashley gets emotional about her separation with Michael; Gizelle hosts a party.

Airdate: 12.11.2022

This was a cute almost drama free episode. I can believe that Candiace and Robyn are really close off camera. Robyn was the only cast member to attend her DC concert in October. 

I'm guessing their HOA doesn't allow them to fence in their backyard. Candiace has posted multiple stories of deers enjoying dinner in their yard. The snake just wanted to know if they could get a to go plate. 

I'm glad Robyn and Wendy made up, that beef was old and tired. Someone's graduation party is not the appropriate time to suggest that their husband apologize to someone who has been lying on them. Now Chris is cursing and carrying on instead of supporting his wife. 

Gizelle's daughters are beautiful. I hope they enjoyed their birthday party. Ashley if your child can verbalize their discomfort about your arguments,  IT'S TIME TO LEAVE! 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11

Candiaces house is pretty but I didn’t realize how close together the yards are. She still puts her mama before Chris. Mama must continue to fund some of the bills. I can see why he’d be offended by Rays question but throwing a hissy fit did him no favors. He looked like a big baby. 
Wendy is kind of an asshole calling Candiace two degrees and then reminding viewers that she has four. Nobody cares Wendy, you are on the same show as the others and they didn’t need four degrees to get there. 
They could write Mia off right now with no explanation, I wouldn’t mind at all. 
Poor Dean and Dylan having to listen to their asshole parents scream at each other. Very sad.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Candiaces house is pretty but I didn’t realize how close together the yards are. She still puts her mama before Chris. Mama must continue to fund some of the bills. I can see why he’d be offended by Rays question but throwing a hissy fit did him no favors. He looked like a big baby. 
Wendy is kind of an asshole calling Candiace two degrees and then reminding viewers that she has four. Nobody cares Wendy, you are on the same show as the others and they didn’t need four degrees to get there. 
They could write Mia off right now with no explanation, I wouldn’t mind at all. 
Poor Dean and Dylan having to listen to their asshole parents scream at each other. Very sad.

On her podcast Candiace said when Dorothy came over for Thanksgiving last year, she demanded that Dorothy apologized to Chris as soon as she entered her house. Candiace also said that she's realizing that her mother would never change, so she's just accepting her for who she is. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

Dear Candy-Ass, to all of us who actually attended graduate school for 2 or more years, fuck right off.

An "Executive MBA" is not an MBA.  You did a workshop and a group project for at most, 6 weeks in your spare time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Gracie123 said:

Dear Candy-Ass, to all of us who actually attended graduate school for 2 or more years, fuck right off.

An "Executive MBA" is not an MBA.  You did a workshop and a group project for at most, 6 weeks in your spare time.

This is from the Howard University website:

The Online Executive MBA program offers the same high-quality content as our on-campus program, to professionals who need an accessible option to accommodate their lifestyle.

Designed and instructed by our award-winning staff, the EMBA curriculum will give you the framework to conduct data-based business analyses, make informed financial decisions, and lead high-performing teams.  In addition to being immersed in high-level business topics and curriculum, you will also gain an applied understanding of finance, management, innovative business practices, and accounting through the Strategic Management Capstone and international experiences.

Online Executive MBA requires 6+ years of work experience.

Our Online MBA programs give international and domestic students direct access to Howard’s long legacy and reputation for success. The online format is ideal for working professionals, looking to maintain their careers while earning their MBA.

We nurture high-potential candidates and provide graduate students with the skills needed to create innovative new levels of success in a competitive global environment. For 16 consecutive years, the School of Business MBA Program continues to earn the number 1 spot by Princeton Review as the "Greatest Resources for Minority Students.”

Extended HU Alum Network

The vast Howard network prides itself on being a family. All over the world and throughout the business and technology industries, past students/alumni are willing to extend advice and provide opportunities.

Small Classroom Sizes

Our online format offers small intimate classes and direct contact with your professors through live classes, breakout sessions with your high-caliber peers, and faculty office hours for one on one conversations.

Center for Career Excellence

With a long history of graduating top-performing business professionals, the Howard University School of Business is highly sought out by recruiters from leading corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.

Greatest Resource for Minorities

Howard University’s School of Business has more African-American alumni employed by Wall Street firms than any other university in the country.

Accessible Learning Format

Become a part of the great Howard University legacy from anywhere in the world. The online format allows you to earn your MBA in a way that works best for you.

Entrepreneurial Advancement

Learn the essentials of developing a sustainable, solution-driven startup and join the ranks of esteemed MBA graduates who own their own business.

Learning for a Lifetime

Executive Readiness. You will learn to identify and mobilize talent across an organization and develop strategies for solving complex business problems, nationally and internationally.

Strategic Thinking. Students focus on evolving industry issues and use an integrated approach to explore problem-solving and decision making. You'll learn to recognize the impact each decision has on the organization as a whole, and balance growth potential with risk management.

Fresh Perspective. Explore a holistic view of business that considers the financial, ethical, and human factors that can shape your outlooks and perspectives. Discover new ways to create an environment that encourages and operationalizes innovation throughout the organization.

Values. Good corporate citizenship is essential to building a successful company and career. Learn to champion a business that benefits the greater good while being attentive and respectful to the needs of humankind. Examine important legal and ethical business issues that can impact your integrity and morality.

Connection. Gain access to an extensive and proud alumni network that reaches across the globe, opening doors of opportunity and connectivity to major corporations and organizations.

Advance Your Career to the Next Level

Advance your career to the next level with an Executive MBA.

Who is This Program For?

The EMBA Program is for experienced senior professionals and emerging leaders, who would like to enhance their skill set, reach the next level of success in their careers, and confidently lead across all aspects of an organization.

Seven years of professional experience

Five years of management and leadership experience required

14 courses

42 credits

Complete in an average of 18 months

Spring, Summer, and Fall start dates.

As someone with a Masters degree, I'm proud that another Black woman worked her behind off and got her degree. Just say that you hate Candiace and be done with it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 6
  • Love 4

Et tu, Ray? ;)

I mean I get Chris's ire in this situation. He was at home hosting a party for/with his wife and Ray ambushed him with the Giselle situation after buttering him up earlier with the buddy buddy talking while Chris was grilling.  Poor Ray was handed a bum assignment by Karen/Production, LOL. I thought Chris handled it well - he reiterated that no one could tell Gizzy how to feel but calmly maintained his position that he felt he did not have anything to apologize for and that even she had admitted that he hadn't done anything to her or in that situation-she simply felt what she felt. He didn't curse Ray out or start bumping chests, he just said what he said calmly and then walked away from him before his anger got the better of him; yeah he was muttering under his breath and needed to take a breather but he bounced to the porch where he could be alone and take a beer breather. Mind you he also is having to deal with the presence of his mother-in-law where he was trying to keep the peace there when it was obvious there was mad tension between them so that situation is simmering and then Ray brought gas to the embers.

All the making up with the women and settling of tension just means we're getting a rearranging/musical chairs for the latter half of the season's true battles to close out the season, right? After the drama of the past few weeks it was weird but nice (?) that we got a calm before the final storm.

Wendy can't help herself can she? She had to throw shade on 2 degrees to her 4, LOL. Sad thing is for all her bragging she doesn't seem happy with her 4 degrees and is constantly chasing other ventures for fulfillment while shading other people who aren't as academically accomplished as she is but seem to be happy and doing their own thing. I'll give her this through she's suffered how long with that kidney stone going on multiple trips? I would've been laid up until the stone passed or they had wheeled me in to the hospital to get it taken out. Hope she's finding relief soon because I feel for her on that. Kidney stones are no joke.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

LMAO, oh Chris, yes you were in your house but with the bravo cameras rolling! You and your wife are owned by Bravo for the season. Especially since she wants to be a singer. No show, No singing. Ray was just doing for Karen.  He don’t care about Gizelle either. He was the one that told her her looks would fade someday. If I were Chris I’d be more upset about the mama being such an ass to him. 
 I also have to roll my eyes at all the degree talk. You got these degrees to be a Real Housewife. 
Speaking of, how about the live with the Grande Dame event? Lol, I like her but she’s crazy. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Wendy can't help herself can she? She had to throw shade on 2 degrees to her 4, LOL.

I am conflicted. On one hand I thought she was being self-deprecating and on the other hand I thought “she can’t help herself”

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Et tu, Ray? ;)

I mean I get Chris's ire in this situation. He was at home hosting a party for/with his wife and Ray ambushed him with the Giselle situation after buttering him up earlier with the buddy buddy talking while Chris was grilling.  Poor Ray was handed a bum assignment by Karen/Production, LOL. I thought Chris handled it well - he reiterated that no one could tell Gizzy how to feel but calmly maintained his position that he felt he did not have anything to apologize for and that even she had admitted that he hadn't done anything to her or in that situation-she simply felt what she felt. He didn't curse Ray out or start bumping chests, he just said what he said calmly and then walked away from him before his anger got the better of him; yeah he was muttering under his breath and needed to take a breather but he bounced to the porch where he could be alone and take a beer breather. Mind you he also is having to deal with the presence of his mother-in-law where he was trying to keep the peace there when it was obvious there was mad tension between them so that situation is simmering and then Ray brought gas to the embers.

All the making up with the women and settling of tension just means we're getting a rearranging/musical chairs for the latter half of the season's true battles to close out the season, right? After the drama of the past few weeks it was weird but nice (?) that we got a calm before the final storm.

Wendy can't help herself can she? She had to throw shade on 2 degrees to her 4, LOL. Sad thing is for all her bragging she doesn't seem happy with her 4 degrees and is constantly chasing other ventures for fulfillment while shading other people who aren't as academically accomplished as she is but seem to be happy and doing their own thing. I'll give her this through she's suffered how long with that kidney stone going on multiple trips? I would've been laid up until the stone passed or they had wheeled me in to the hospital to get it taken out. Hope she's finding relief soon because I feel for her on that. Kidney stones are no joke.

He said he made it clear that he didn't want to discuss that nonsense during his wife's event.  Then here comes Ray attempting to do the producers dirty work.  I'm sure Dorothy wanted to be mean, but probably didn't want to get blocked by Candiace again. I don't know how they both deal with Dorothy. She would've found out about my life events via messenger pigeon. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

14 courses, 42 credit hours and 18 months of coursework doesn't sound like a 6 week certificate workshop.

Candiace was filmed last season going to class online.

If Candiace's Executive MBA from an accredited university (it's not like Howard is Stratford University or something) is invalid, so are the online MBAs from the following schools in the DMV area:

• The George Washington University
  • Georgetown University
  • The Johns Hopkins University
  • American University
  • George Mason University
  • University of Maryland and University of Maryland-Global Campus
  • University of Baltimore
  • University of Virginia
  • Virginia Tech

So, if Candiace's MBA is a joke, so is everyone's who graduated with an online MBA from any of those aforementioned universities. 

Candiace and her mother (not sure if her sister has any invoivement) either own or are partners in a beauty salon, she has or had the pagaent consulting business, she was selling hair, not to mention her entertainment career. So if Candiace's newly earned MBA helps her understand more the business side of her ventures, more power to her (and good for her for using her BRAVO check to pay tuition).  Candiace isn't going down to Tyson's to apply for a junior management job, so I'm not understanding what the problem is.

I agree with Chris about not apologizing but he didn't need to get that worked up in the house. Gizelle wants Chris to apologize to her because she feels bad about violating/ignoring her own boundaries.  That would be like demanding an apology from Chris for serving too much food when you chose to overeat. Gizelle felt uncomfortable, she asked Chris to leave, he immediately left.  End of story. This cast has a real problem with demanding somebody apologize every single season.  It's tiring and they need to stop.

• Applause 4
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

14 courses, 42 credit hours and 18 months of coursework doesn't sound like a 6 week certificate workshop.

Candiace was filmed last season going to class online.

If Candiace's Executive MBA from an accredited university (it's not like Howard is Stratford University or something) is invalid, so are the online MBAs from the following schools in the DMV area:

• The George Washington University
  • Georgetown University
  • The Johns Hopkins University
  • American University
  • George Mason University
  • University of Maryland and University of Maryland-Global Campus
  • University of Baltimore
  • University of Virginia
  • Virginia Tech

So, if Candiace's MBA is a joke, so is everyone's who graduated with an online MBA from any of those aforementioned universities. 

Candiace and her mother (not sure if her sister has any invoivement) either own or are partners in a beauty salon, she has or had the pagaent consulting business, she was selling hair, not to mention her entertainment career. So if Candiace's newly earned MBA helps her understand more the business side of her ventures, more power to her (and good for her for using her BRAVO check to pay tuition).  Candiace isn't going down to Tyson's to apply for a junior management job, so I'm not understanding what the problem is.

I agree with Chris about not apologizing but he didn't need to get that worked up in the house. Gizelle wants Chris to apologize to her because she feels bad about violating/ignoring her own boundaries.  That would be like demanding an apology from Chris for serving too much food when you chose to overeat. Gizelle felt uncomfortable, she asked Chris to leave, he immediately left.  End of story. This cast has a real problem with demanding somebody apologize every single season.  It's tiring and they need to stop.

She is also the First Vice President alongside her sister (President) of the Prince George's County Chapter Women of Achievement. An organization that provides scholarships to women and does charity work.  https://princegeorgescountynwoa.org/

Even if I don't like someone I could never downplay their achievements. On some of her stories she disclosed how scared she was of failing some of her Economics classes, because her undergrad had nothing to do with business.

I understand Chris was upset,  but his reaction could have ruined their moment. I say their moment because Candiace also used her party to celebrate Charisse's daughter's graduation and to celebrate her sister becoming a home owner. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 7

If people think that online work is not as meaningful as classroom work, they need to join the modern era. Many colleges have online degrees in place of traditional classroom learning solely to accommodate older students who have jobs, kids, etc. and don't have the time to sit in traffic and classrooms. The online and classroom degrees hold equal weight.

However, some colleges market vanity certificates. Harvard started this years ago. Clever wording is used to confuse the public into thinking they are traditional degrees. My friend participated in a Harvard business program that did not equal getting a traditional degree, but she has a fancy-titled certificate.

I'm not sure about Candiace's Executive MBA or whether it is equal to the traditional MBA. I did have to laugh at Howard's requirement for years of management experience in order to participate. But good for Candiace furthering her education in a practical way.

Chris, you will never win against production, no matter how much you huff and puff and make bold demands. Monique and Chris tried it and failed.

Meanwhile, production's stage directions are so annoyingly transparent. "Two house wives sitting. Another joins. One housewife smoothly exits the scene. One of the two remaining housewives launches into a lament, concluding with 'I just want to get past this and go forward.' Second housewife responds with the same drivel. Both try to summon tears but have to settle with forcing a catch in their throats and perhaps the hands over eyes." Repeat four or five times an episode.

And the prenup talk. Again.

This show has run its course, limped over the finish line, and expired.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4
  • Love 6

On one hand I thought she was being self-deprecating and on the other hand I thought “she can’t help herself”

😄 It is a fine line with Wendy, but yeah I thought she was mostly poking fun at herself. 

• Love 4

Really? Chris has to apologize to Gizelle because SHE felt uncomfortable? It seems to me he doesn't because he didn't do anything (she asked him to come to her reunion room to talk, he asked for the door to remain open, and he left immediately after he was told to do so). It's on her she supposed felt this way (months after the reunion). As for Karen, those who thought she would be part of the Chris made me feel uncomfortable narrative were right. She involved her husband in this charade- he asked Chris to apologize to Gizelle, I'm sure after Karen's instructions!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Really? Chris has to apologize to Gizelle because SHE felt uncomfortable? It seems to me he doesn't because he didn't do anything (she asked him to come to her reunion room to talk, he asked for the door to remain open, and he left immediately after he was told to do so). It's on her she supposed felt this way (months after the reunion). As for Karen, those who thought she would be part of the Chris made me feel uncomfortable narrative were right. She involved her husband in this charade- he asked Chris to apologize to Gizelle, I'm sure after Karen's instructions!

And Chris shouldn’t apologize. They would weaponize it again him another time and will say “you apologized for it, so you admitted you were guilty”

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 12/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, Stats Queen said:

And Chris shouldn’t apologize. They would weaponize it again him another time and will say “you apologized for it, so you admitted you were guilty”

Gizelle just said that on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live after a viewer said she should apologize to Chris. She claimed he supposedly already apologized to her because he was WRONG!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1