Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05:Watch 'Em Ride Away

• Start Topic

I liked Monica laughing at the table.  First an awkward laugh is often what comes out of my mouth when people are deliberately arguing with each other.  Second, it was nice to see Monica and Kacey  being amused when they have been so sad.  Third, because this is the Dutton’s dinner table - Beth always starts an argument there and John deserved what he got for  dragging her to the table when he knows she no longer eats there

• Like 5

I guess we know now who would win a fight to the death between Beth and Summer, other than the human race.

Summer is unbearable but I was still hoping she would kick Beth's ass. If she really knew martial arts and wearing boots, a drunk or sober Beth wouldn't have lasted twenty seconds. But Sheridan is never going to make his pet Beth learn a lesson. Beth should not be judging anyone and likes to think she isn't as bad as the rest of them when she is just much worse. I also laughed when she said this was HER house. No, Beth, it's your Daddy's house that he let's you live in for free.

So Evil Corporate Beth's plan is just to sleep with Jamie? Wow, another "strong" female character created by Sheridan there.

We've gotten very little with the bunkhouse this season.

Edited by benteen
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, benteen said:

We've gotten very little with the bunkhouse this season.

I assume that’s because the leading cast resents the fact that the bunkhouse characters are liked while  we just tolerate the rest. I’ve seen similar reductions in scenes for supporting casts on other shows for that reason too. 

I’d like the leading cast better if the characters weren’t criminals without remorse or sociopaths.  Except for Kasey ( is he a leading cast member?).  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

He's second in the credits behind just Costner, so yeah, I'd say he's a lead. 

I'm glad to see that it's not just me disgusted half the time in the way that Sheridan writes for women. "Strong" equals violently psychotic, evidently. The women will throw down over grungy, showered maybe once a night after riding and rolling in dirt all day,  cowboy dick, while the guys they're fighting over sit, watch and guzzle beer. They don't try to break it up. They get off on the women looking foolish and fighting over them. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Like 3

I'm not a vegetarian and enjoy a good New York strip steak, but even I couldn't handle the nightly carnivore platter at the Duttons.  Can I at least have some corn or apple sauce or something?

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 9

The shit writing for Summer is exactly the same as the shit writing for the EEEEVIIIIIILLLL white male frat boy that Monica was set up to knock down in S1. People don't like to be lectured to, from any direction. Have some developed characters, ffs, instead of these insulting straw man conversations. 

Rainwater went from being a radical to now just getting bitched around by one-note Angela. This show cannot handle self-conflicting emotions and complex exploration of topics. 

Edited by Nicola
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Nicola said:

complex exploration of topics. 

Remember how John disparaged the policy wonk about solar panels on sageland, and how it would destroy the sage grouse population?  At the time, I did some quick research on the sage grouse habitiat, and, while I'm sure development of solar panels would adversely affect the population, do you know what I found to be an equally big problem?  Cattle grazing.  Now there's a complex issue for a Governor who rode to office on a Return to the 19th Century platform.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

This particular Vegan, Summer, was such a bitch at the dinner table when she didn't have to be.  She could have had a conversation with Gator (who probably never met a Vegan/Vegetarian in his life) and let him know what she could/couldn't eat.  Hell, he probably would have just let her fix her own food.  

• Like 2